The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
I'm assuming the first video is the Ep1 challenge... and that the second is from their initial arrival in Panama

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... Brownroach 08-28-03 1
 RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... FSUGUY 08-28-03 2
   RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... Brownroach 08-28-03 3
       RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... Breezy 08-28-03 10
           RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... Brownroach 08-28-03 16
 All Dressed Up Tumbler 08-28-03 4
   RE: All Dressed Up Brownroach 08-28-03 5
       Hey BR Breezy 08-28-03 9
           RE: Hey BR Brownroach 08-28-03 11
   RE: All Dressed Up Breezy 08-28-03 6
   RE: All Dressed Up jkokoj 08-28-03 7
       RE: All Dressed Up smrtNsassybnkr 08-28-03 8
           RE: All Dressed Up PepeLePew13 08-28-03 13
               RE: All Dressed Up smrtNsassybnkr 08-28-03 15
                   RE: All Dressed Up VerucaSalt 08-28-03 17
                       RE: All Dressed Up smrtNsassybnkr 08-28-03 18
                       RE: All Dressed Up AZ_Leo 08-28-03 19
   Maybe it worked like this... Brownroach 08-28-03 12
       RE: Maybe it worked like this... infinitesurvivor 08-28-03 23
   RE: All Dressed Up FSUGUY 08-29-03 26
 RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... MattyMax 08-28-03 14
   RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... VerucaSalt 08-28-03 20
       RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... AZ_Leo 08-28-03 21
   RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival v... ginger 08-28-03 22
 Dpm anotherkim 08-28-03 24
   RE: Dpm AZ_Leo 08-28-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
It looks like they are dragging some kind of cannon, and the Drake tribe is pulling ahead, with Sandra leading them with the torch.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-28-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
is this a challenge?
I don't see everybody wearing buffs. plus they really don't seem dressed for a challenge (long pants?) maybe just arriving.

It does look like a race.....maybe it's a first team to finish picks their island. this one has this while the other has this. your choice.

???

08-28-03, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

I see aqua buffs on Sandra's left wrist and around the foreheads of the two shirtless guys (Burton and Shawn I guess).

Edited to add: other than that it's hard to tell but I think most likely it's a challenge.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
I see buffs on just about all of them in the challenge pics. Dang that PRK surgery worked great!

*Breezy ... keeping OT satisfied since 2003*

08-28-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
Yeah, Christa and Michele are wearing them as tube tops. And anorexic Ryan has his orange one on his head.

Tumbler 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-28-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tumbler Click to send private message to Tumbler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "All Dressed Up"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 12:54 PM (EST)

This should explain why they are dressed this way...very interesting!

Tumbler

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2003/08/28/survivor_pearlisland/

'Survivor' Panama Revealed!

August 28, 2003
Yo-ho-ho! It's a pirate's life for the castaways shipwrecked on the seventh season of CBS' hit reality series, "Survivor: Pearl Island," premiering Thursday, Sept. 18, at 8 p.m. off the historic coast of Panama.

ET flew to the exotic setting where 16 Americans will be stranded while vying for the title of Ultimate Survivor and $1 million in pirate's booty. The eight men and eight women will be divided into two groups, the "Morgan Tribe" and the "Drake Tribe," but unlike last season, the initial split will not be based on sex. On tonight's show, we'll introduce you to the challengers as they prepare to find food, water and shelter in order to exist.

And the Morgan tribemates are: TIJUANA BRADLEY from St. Louis, NICOLE DELMA from Hermosa Beach, Ca, DARRAH JOHNSON from Liberty, Miss., LILLIAN MORRIS from Cincinnati, RYAN OPRAY from Los Gatos, Ca., ANDREW SAVAGE of Chicago, RYAN SHOULDERS from Clarksville, Tenn., and OSTEN TAYLOR out of Boston.

The Drake pack is: RUPERT BONEHAM from Indianapolis, SHAWN COHEN of New York, JON DALTON from Danville, Va., SANDRA DIAZ-TWINE out of Ft. Lewis, Wash., TRISH DUNN from Annapolis, Md., CHRISTA HASTIE from Los Angeles, BURTON ROBERTS from San Francisco, and finally, MICHELLE TESAURO from Pittstown, N.J.

"I am into Treasure Island and my favorite place at Disneyland is Pirates of the Caribbean," executive producer MARK BURNETT tells ET of his decision to use the pirate theme. "In fact, I have another whole show about piracy and I borrowed from that."

Piracy is a huge part of the history of Panama. Mark points out that legendary pirates HENRY MORGAN and SIR FRANCIS DRAKE are alleged to have ransacked and burned Panama City to the ground.

Each team of Survivors will have its own island, and there are separate islands for the Tribal Council and the challenges, as well. "It gives a sense of isolation," Mark explains, "and the isolation factor adds so much to the drama."

To kick up the competition a notch for this installment, "Survivor: Pearl Island" presented its competitors with a new twist. The 16 men and women were told to dress for a press conference the way they wanted to appear to the world, but when it was over, instead of allowing them to grab some clothes before heading out, they were told the clothes on their back were the clothes they would be wearing for the game.

"This started the game as if they had been shipwrecked," explains "Survivor" host JEFF PROBST, who is enjoying the pirate theme. "It changed everybody's perception of how the game was going to work, and it played out as the first challenge."

Edited to add link so nobody would think I made this up.

08-28-03, 01:11 PM (EST)
5. "RE: All Dressed Up"
That means Lillian wears her Scout uniform the whole time she's in the game, LOL. She'll get booted early, for sure.

08-28-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Hey BR"
She doesn't have it on in the above pics, she's got a dark green t-shirt on.

08-28-03, 02:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Hey BR"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

She's wearing it at camp, though, here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/3993.shtml

I don't see any of the "arrival shots" clothing in the challenge pics, actually. So what gives? Hmmm.

**Oops -- edited because I posted link to the wrong camp.

08-28-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
6. "RE: All Dressed Up"
So the girls have no bikini's to lounge around in? LOL!!!!!!

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-03, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: All Dressed Up"
I would be pissed if I were the chick that wore that skimpy little dress! Can you say cold nights and rainy days!!

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: All Dressed Up"
This is definitely going to be a good season. No wonder they don't have any luxury items listed.....the survivors didn't get any! I'd be willing to bet one of the first reward challenges will include money and a trip to civilization or something like that where they can buy appropriate items. How evil could Mark be.............

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: All Dressed Up"
>I'd be willing to bet one of the first reward
>challenges will include money and a trip to
>civilization or something like that where they
>can buy appropriate items.

This would be important to watch for in the first episode or two -- how smart are they going to be with what they buy, i.e. clothes or cooking items? I'm sure they'll be eyeing the frivilous buyers (clothes) as early boots or be watching those who didn't pull their weight resulting in a tribal loss and consequently missing out on a chance to buy much needed supplies for camp.

The dynamics of the game is going to be greatly impacted and we may get some surprise boots for different reasons than what we're used to seeing.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

08-28-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: All Dressed Up"
Pepe....this is the first time I've been quoted on this board...Thanks. Please forgive my failing memory, but I would bet my bottom dollar that I read an article that said something like "the survivors were each given a desiginated amount of money to spend in a local village. Some were wise and bought rations, food etc....and some spent their money friviously" I agree this may be a factor in voting, but also, I believe that the weak and/or sick will be targeted first, as they will have to travel to a seperate island for the challenges. Strength will be a big factor until the merge.

I will do my best to find the articles, and post the source.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-28-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: All Dressed Up"
smrt... were you referring to the info that panamavacation stated on SS?

"Ok. What I heard about the beginning. Instead of giving them some supplies, and throwing them off a boat (as they have done in the past), I heard that each survivor was given a certain amount of money, and had to go into a village or town and purchase items that they think they might need. Some of the contestants purchased good survival items - not necessarily just food, but things that will help them find food once they are on the island. Others didn't do so good - thinking more short term, and only buying food. (This last bit of information, might be conjecture - I'm not sure).

When I first heard this, I was confused, and thought that the person who told me this didn't know what he was talking about. He admitted to never watching the show. But then I remembered the advertisements for the "new way of marooning."

If that is the case, it may not be entirely accurate since it wasn't an article but someone who stated they went on vacation there. They could have gotten inaccurate information or we haven't seen how they are going to get the items they need. Personally, I think it doesn't serve a whole lot of purpose to throw them on the island "as is" then give them money to go shopping But I wanted to post this if this helps jog your memory as to where you read/heard it?

08-28-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
18. "RE: All Dressed Up"
VerucaSalt.....#!*@#! I thought I had something there. That was exactly the 'article' I read. I just knew I'd read it somewhere. I'll get this spoiling thing down yet!!!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-28-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: All Dressed Up"
If you look at the tribal vidcaps you can see that they do have some standard supplies. You can see knives, a pot, tarps, ropes, etc.

08-28-03, 02:22 PM (EST)
12. "Maybe it worked like this..."
In the "arrival" shots, no one (or hardly anyone) seems to be wearing the same clothes as they are in the camp and challenge shots. So, if the following is true...

The 16 men and women were told to dress for a press conference the way they wanted to appear to the world, but when it was over, instead of allowing them to grab some clothes before heading out, they were told the clothes on their back were the clothes they would be wearing for the game.

...then this must have happened after the caps we are seeing. Here they are being told to change into their "press conference" outfits. Then it turns out they can't take any other outfits with them.

infinitesurvivor 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-28-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail infinitesurvivor Click to send private message to infinitesurvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Maybe it worked like this..."
Instead of being given money to go shopping at the mall, maybe they have to do some ransacking, you know like pirates have to do.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-29-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: All Dressed Up"
I knew something was wrong. plus the buffs I see look alot darker in these pics. thanks for post.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-28-03, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
Hehehe, no change of clothing!!! I love it!!!

Look at Sandra in that pastel pants/top combo! look at Michelle (I think) pulling that canon in a skirt!!! HAHAHAHA.

I love tv
MM

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-28-03, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
Or, they could have been dumped there with their press conference clothing and have to perhaps scour their living area for "treasure" maybe utensils, clothing etc. Or some clothing could be part of a reward challenge somehow. We know they have to have some clothing as there are shots of laundry hanging also.

08-28-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
There doesn't appear that much hanging on the line. Most of them have stripped down to the bare essentials so it could easily be the clothing they brought with them then removed. We still don't know exactly how they got to their islands. It's possible their clothes got wet and they are trying to dry them.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Early Show Challenge/Arrival vidcaps"
I understand that many pirates wore leisure suits.

>

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Dpm"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 08:43 PM (EST)

Good grief. My cat walked on my keyboard and hit enter. Sorry!

I was GOING to say, Don't they usually have some sort of training ahead of time. Couldn't the promo pic been taken then? Then, the game starts in their press party clothes and they are told to jump and swim for their island.

Some of the guys are just wearing boxers, the girls are wearing pieces of their dressy outfits with buff tops. What would TOTALLY suck, imo, is shoes. Imagine having on ly some sort of dress sandal or heels? That would be a total PITA.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and then there's the underwear issue.....gah!

08-28-03, 10:03 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Dpm"
In one of the interviews, Jeff said they did hand them tennis shoes so they could do the challenges (and get in some promotion for Nike or someone, no doubt).

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •