The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Contestant Osten Taylor"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Contestant Osten Taylor"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Osten Taylor

Taylor, 27, is an equity trade manager from Boston.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Diamond's info jkokoj 08-28-03 1
   RE: Diamond's info Brownroach 08-28-03 2
       RE: Diamond's info diamond 08-28-03 3
           RE: Diamond's info Brownroach 08-28-03 4
               RE: Diamond's info corcam 08-28-03 5
                   RE: Diamond's info Brownroach 08-28-03 6
       RE: Diamond's info MsNew Hampshire 09-23-03 11
           RE: Diamond's info ShowMeTheWinner 09-24-03 12
               RE: Diamond's info MsNew Hampshire 09-24-03 13
 Uh-oh Brownroach 08-28-03 7
   RE: Uh-oh Coconut 08-28-03 8
 RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor SteffiGurl 08-28-03 9
 RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor: TV... Purrl 09-19-03 10
 RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor LadyT 09-28-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-03, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Diamond's info"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 09:20 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 09:19 AM (EST)

diamond 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"
08-26-03, 07:36 PM (EST)

7. "For future reference..."
Not quite sure where to put this, but this seems to be as good a place as any.
A friend of mine (who doesn't watch Survivor, but knows that I do) told me today that a co-worker of her husband's was on Survivor and recently returned having lost a substantial amount of weight. She said he is a black male, but (of course) had forgotten his name. Naturally, I asked her to find out again. I probably won't see her before the cast list is officially released, but it won't really matter - the important thing is the weight loss info.
-------------------------------------------------------------
08-27-03, 10:30 AM (EST)

11. "RE: For future reference..."
The company they work for is in Boston. I don't know where he lives, though.
--------------------------------------------------------
08-27-03, 10:53 AM (EST)

14. "RE: For future reference..."
Actually, there's one other thing I didn't post yesterday, because I couldn't remember the exact words my friend used, but maybe it's worth adding anyway. (I'll ask her again when I see her.)
It was something along the lines of him (the contestant) saying that it was an extremely rough, difficult experience. This would seem to imply that he lasted quite a while in the game.

Of course, anything is possible - he could have done some serious exercising after getting kicked off (haven't some contestants done that?), and then just claimed it was a difficult experence to throw people off. Also, if there were potentially rough weather conditions, that might have affected everyone, regardless of whether they were still in the game or not. So who knows...

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Diamond's info"
The company they work for is in Boston. I don't know where he lives, though.

On the Early Show, he did say he is from Boston, though he was reported as being from Durham, NH originally (perhaps that is where he grew up).

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-28-03, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Diamond's info"
Well, the website has their bios up now - I pasted his down below (I'd go fetch the other people's bios as well, but I'm too busy to do them all right now.) It says he went to UNH, which I believe is Durham.

Bio:
Born in Nashua, New Hampshire, Osten Taylor now lives in the South End of Boston. He is currently employed as an equity trade manager with an investment management company. He previously worked as a salesman, construction worker and waiter. Taylor attended the Thompson School of Applied Science where he received an Associates Degree in Business Management and went on to study resource economics at the University of New Hampshire. His favorite hobbies are boozing with the fellas from UNH & The Braintree Boyz in Bean-Town, fitness training and golfing. He describes himself as outspoken, personable and focused. He is most proud of having worked on Wall Street, which was a childhood goal. His favorite sport is basketball. His father is his hero because he was able to put himself through college and graduate school, graduating Magna Cum Laude, while supporting two kids. He feels he's ready for SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS because of his mental stability, patience, wisdom, resourcefulness and God's blessing. His birth date is December 10, 1975.

08-28-03, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Diamond's info"
I got a very favorable impression of this guy on the Early Show. Of the people with extended face time, he came off the best, imo. (Then again, his birthday is three days before mine -- maybe that's why. )

corcam 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corcam Click to send private message to corcam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Diamond's info"
Yeah he seems like a very likeable guy and fit to boot so I think he could go deep into the game and passed the merge...

knock on wood

Yeah Dec babies are the greatest mine is Dec 22nd woooohoooooo

08-28-03, 04:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Diamond's info"
Great sigpic, Corcam!

MsNew Hampshire 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-23-03, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsNew%20Hampshire Click to send private message to MsNew%20Hampshire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Diamond's info"
Actually Osten was born in Nashua, NH and raised in Litchfield. Litchfield is a small town just outside Nashua. It sits between Nashua and the Manchster airport. I went to Elementary & High School with Osten. His family was one of the only black familys in our town at the time.

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-24-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Diamond's info"
Welcome to the boards, MsNew Hampshire. Any chance that you'll be able to dig up any spoiler info on Osten?

Kathy O'Brien... The Sole Survivor! (I'd rather be delusional)
Hail the purple rock! Hallelujah..... Oh glory!

MsNew Hampshire 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-24-03, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsNew%20Hampshire Click to send private message to MsNew%20Hampshire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Diamond's info"
Hmmmm I am working on that! Although Osten no longer lives in NH near my family it's amazing how people talk (exspecially when your from such a small town). I will keep my ears open and let you know!

But I think............ Osten takes it!

08-28-03, 04:51 PM (EST)
7. "Uh-oh"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-03 AT 04:52 PM (EST)

From his favorites list:

Outdoor Activities: Boozing & fishing, tanning

Tanning was Ryan Aiken's favorite "sport", too. And, well, Ryan was white. And BOOZING?

But Machiavelli is his favorite author.

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Uh-oh"
"Tanning" is one of Jon Dalton's favourites, too. Yeesh.

maybe it's just that I'm prejudiced and think men should have at least one real outdoor hobby. But I grew up with outhouses, so...

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor"
Another winning smile! I'm looking forward to seeing how Osten turns out, and I imagine it will be decent, but will probably lose to the "threat" concept that has plagued his African American brothers before him. (See AAF comparison in Tijuana's thread for explanation). I'm thinking a bit Gervase and Clarence for starters, hopefully without the bean-stealing, and please, Lord have mercy, don't be LAZY!!! However it is nice that MB decided to cast an AAM after deciding it was too bothersome last season since the spot was already taken by Daniel Lue. OK, I'll shut up. Lookin' good, Osten. Oh, and don't talk about God too much, you don't want to misrepresent Him, as Christians often do in the very greedy game of Survivor. I mean, they really do, come on now...

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-03, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor: TV Guide Info:"
Osten Taylor's replies on his:

Strength: "Better than a decent body. That'll get their attention."

Weakness: Used to eating about 4000 calories a day.

Strategy: Do the heavy lifting.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-03, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S7 Contestant Osten Taylor"
I was at a party today and I discovered that the host used to be Osten's boss. So of course I pumped him for information. He said that he was a great guy and got along with everyone. He never had any problems with him. However, sometimes he would almost want to pack it in, but somehow find some inner strength to move on. He totally expects Osten to make it far because he has that Colby feel to him, where you just respect him. He has the utmost respect for Osten. I know the host very well and he is an excellent judge of character.

So I thought I would add that little tidbit.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •