The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
Please post in this thread any spoilers, speculation or information you may come up on Trish Dunn

A 42-year-old sales executive, Dunn is from Annapolis, Md.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 More interesting things from CBS we... jkokoj 08-28-03 1
   T-Bird? smrtNsassybnkr 08-28-03 2
       RE: T-Bird? ginger 08-28-03 3
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Coconut 08-28-03 4
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn KeithFan 08-28-03 5
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn SteffiGurl 08-28-03 6
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Spidey 09-04-03 7
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Brownroach 09-05-03 8
       RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn wildchickenhunter 09-08-03 10
       RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn PepeLePew13 09-09-03 14
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn KeithFan 09-08-03 9
 TrishSurvivor party Brownroach 09-09-03 11
   RE: TrishSurvivor party bebekid 09-09-03 12
   RE: TrishSurvivor party queencityfan 09-09-03 13
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn: TV G... Purrl 09-19-03 15
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn JLude 10-21-03 16
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Blow by Blow 10-21-03 17
       RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn JLude 10-21-03 18
           RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn dabo 10-22-03 19
               Snewser demoted Trish Brownroach 10-22-03 20
                   RE: Snewser demoted Trish Krautboy 10-22-03 21
                       RE: Snewser demoted Trish Nash 10-22-03 22
                           RE: Snewser demoted Trish Magic Fingers 10-22-03 23
                               RE: Snewser demoted Trish IslandFever 10-22-03 24
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn O2dawg 10-23-03 25
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Ajenda 10-23-03 26
       RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn Brownroach 10-23-03 41
   Once Again I Ask... dabo 10-23-03 27
       RE: Once Again I Ask... VerucaSalt 10-23-03 28
           RE: Once Again I Ask... Krautboy 10-23-03 29
               What does this mean? Brownroach 10-23-03 30
                   RE: What does this mean? VerucaSalt 10-23-03 32
                       RE: What does this mean? forehead 10-23-03 38
                   RE: What does this mean? forehead 10-23-03 33
                       RE: What does this mean? Brownroach 10-23-03 39
               RE: Once Again I Ask... Blow by Blow 10-23-03 40
           RE: Once Again I Ask... dabo 10-23-03 31
               RE: Once Again I Ask... VerucaSalt 10-23-03 34
                   RE: Once Again I Ask... Nash 10-23-03 35
                       RE: Once Again I Ask... frankz 10-23-03 42
 RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn NTK 10-23-03 36
   RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn VerucaSalt 10-23-03 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-28-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "More interesting things from CBS website"
"nine year-old twins, Reilly and Molly (they'll be 10 on Sept. 21)."

Dunn is on the same tribe as Shawn Cohen who has a twin brother.

Also, "University of Maryland (where she was also a cheerleader and a gymnast)"

Michelle T. has this in her bio from CBS "with the Universal Cheerleaders Association. Her favorite hobbies are gymnastics" and happens to be on Trish's tribe also.

I am seeing somewhat of a pattern on these teams. Somehow people with similar interests or backgrounds have been placed on the same tribe.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-28-03, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "T-Bird?"
Is it just me, or does she remind you of T-Bird? Sounds like she's pretty athletic.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: T-Bird?"
That's exactly what I was thinking. She's even a "T".

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
You know, it looks as if she's been stuffed and mounted.

that snarl looks a little unnatural.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
of course..she has twins.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

SteffiGurl 358 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SteffiGurl Click to send private message to SteffiGurl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
My Scorpio sister! She does look like her face is made of putty, though. I do think she fits in that "T" category with Teresa and Tina. She has the same birthday as Heidi...and Winona Ryder...

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-03, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
The "Accidental Tourist" spoiler reports that an "older woman" is let back into the game and ends up in the F2. It could be Lilian, or it could be Trish. No one else even comes close to "older woman."

IF the "Lilian returns with broken foot" spoiler is correct, I doubt it's Lil in the F2. (Unless she broke it boarding the plane home?)

And since when is 40ish OLD????

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"

Well, it certainly isn't to me.

However, Trish appears to have the type of skin that would get weatherbeaten by constant exposure to the sun. After a couple of weeks there she might start looking sort of "old".

Anyway, except for Lill, the other women are in their 20's, so the "older" description may just have been a matter of distinguishing this woman from the others.

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-08-03, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wildchickenhunter Click to send private message to wildchickenhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"

She has been OLD for 20 years. Believe me I am married to one of these. They are OLD

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-03 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

>After a couple of weeks there
>she might start looking sort of "old".

Hello, Tina. By the end, Tina was looking like an old granny with implants, so we've seen how the effect of hunger + being 40-ish can have on people like her. Compared to the other members of the S7 cast, Trish's quite 'ancient' and would look even more so after getting roasted in the sun for 39 days, leading observers to think she's "old."

Mmmmm, I'm very much liking Trish as one of my finalists, while I'm still deliberating on Darrah.

Click here to rank all 96 Survivors!

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
JazzyJax's link has the "older woman" as being Trish.

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.
Mitch Ratcliffe, "Technology Review" (1992)

09-09-03, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "TrishSurvivor party"
Link here:

http://www.capitalonline.com/cgi-bin/read/2003/09_08-11/TOP

Nothing specific is revealed, but I do suspect that someone who was going to be an early, permanent, ouster wouldn't put the effort into throwing such a bash as is described here, for 50+ guests.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-09-03, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TrishSurvivor party"
I read the story, and I would have to agree with your assessment, Brownroach.

Trish/Darrah final 2 unless I see something compelling to change my mind

queencityfan 123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-09-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queencityfan Click to send private message to queencityfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TrishSurvivor party"
Great article. I think it does tell us a few things about Trish.

Anyone who continues to try out for Survivor over and over again has surely watched and studied the game!

All her friends say how determined she is, it would be great to have a woman win who did'nt just coast, who had a real game plan going in.

Just my 2 cents.

Purrl 48 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-03, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Purrl Click to send private message to Purrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn: TV Guide Info"
Trish Dunn's replies on her:

Strength: Marathon runner
Weakness: "I'm very direct." Picky eater.
Strategy: Don't be too likable, too athletic, too strong.

JLude 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-21-03, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JLude Click to send private message to JLude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
There is probably no significance, but I just wanted to point out that cbs.com (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/survivors/bio/trish.shtml) does not have the "Activities" link for Trish. The Activities link is on everyone else's page. All the link tells are some statistics and the voting history of that person.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

10-21-03, 07:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
The info is still there, it's just the link that's not showing up.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor7/survivors/act/trish.shtml

JLude 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-21-03, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JLude Click to send private message to JLude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
I should've known to check that. Thanks.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-03 AT 05:26 PM (EST)

Not only is the activities area still there, it hasn't been changed in any way since the link was taken away. It sounds like someone at the cBS site is playing around, and we only have Mr411's word about what happened with the links in previous weeks. Can anyone confirm what Mr411 said about this stuff happening during the four previous weeks?

edited to include link to Mr411's claim:
http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessage?topicID=16579.topic

10-22-03, 06:13 PM (EST)
20. "Snewser demoted Trish"
He took her out of the jury and dumped her into the limbo category.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-22-03, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Snewser demoted Trish"
I changed my vote a long time ago!

Krautboy

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-22-03, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Snewser demoted Trish"
Well I just did too.

Magic Fingers 377 desperate attention whore postings

10-22-03, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magic%20Fingers Click to send private message to Magic%20Fingers Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Snewser demoted Trish"
So if Trish goes and we have an older women returning (if there is a ghost tribe) do you think it will be Trish or Lil? I have been busy all week massaging and haven't had time to read all the posts so I might just follow the big boys and vote for Trish this week. You all do such an awesome job!!

Thanks,
Magic Fingers

IslandFever 205 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-22-03, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IslandFever Click to send private message to IslandFever Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Snewser demoted Trish"
Doesn't Snews have Trish in both limbo and the jury for now? Also Osten is in both but with a thumbs up.

O2dawg 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

10-23-03, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail O2dawg Click to send private message to O2dawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
One thing that is not consistent with Trish leaving this week, and that is Michelle's chat.
I would think that Michelle would shy away from any chat about Trish, if she was to join her next at Losers lodge. I am sure that I read that she essentially named Trish as the ring leader of that alliance.
So just too much information about Trish has come out from Michelle. So gonna stick with Shawn.

Ajenda 12 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 01:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ajenda Click to send private message to Ajenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
The info from Michelle's chat about Trish could be misdirection on MB's part...all of the contestants are prepped for interviews, etc and she was probably told to play up any info she had on Trish, or even to embellish a little bit. I don't think that this means too much.

10-23-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
41. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
02dawg and ajenda:

Just to be clear -- the comments Michelle made about Trish being the "queen" at Drake and the others working under her were on the Yahoo Insider, not the chat, and Michelle said this the day after she got voted out of the actual game. She would have had no idea if Trish were going to be the next bootee when she said those things.

10-23-03, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Once Again I Ask..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 10:12 AM (EST)

Can anyone confirm Mr411's claim that the vanishing Activities link has happened in the previous weeks on the CBS site, as it has happened this week in the Trish area? Did it happen with Ryan S. the week he went, as Mr411 claims? Did it happen with Lill the week she went, as Mr411 claims? Did it happen with Burton the week he went, as Mr411 claims? Did it happen with Michelle the week she went, as Mr411 claims? Can anyone answer "yes" to any of these questions?

Link to Mr411's post at Sucks (once again):

http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=16579.topic&start=1&stop=20

JLude noticed something on the CBS site and reported it here, noticed that the Activities link had vanished from Trish's area on the CBS site. That was all well and good, and JLude should be commended for being so attentive.

JLude posted on Tuesday 10-21-03 at 7:19 pm. Mr411 didn't post about this at Sucks until Wednesday 10-22-03 at 12:16 pm. Not accusing Mr411 of anything, but it wouldn't be the first time something posted here was picked up on and posted somewhere else with unconfirmable elaborations. JLude's info can and has been confirmed, so great make of it what you may. Can anyone confirm the additional elaborations made by Mr411? Anyone?

Even if the folks at the CBS website have some need to know in advance of the airing of the episode on the East Coast what happens in that episode, in order to have things ready to be updated after the blackout period, is it credible to believe they are notified of it as far in advance as Tuesday?

Can anyone answer any of the questions I have here posited?

That's what I thought.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 10:34 AM (EST)

dabo if you could see me you would see me applauding for you

The answers are not answerable. I have no problem with my Trish vote because I want to see if this "glitch" pans out hence my "I'm playing a game" with no argument to back up her boot since I readily threw my Shawn argument on the mat. I am certainly not saying (like last week with my Jon vote) (Trish) is the most logical but I'm feeling saucy

The most logical IMO is Shawn where there was quite a bit of overwhelming support with a dash of Rupert and a scoop of Jon because Trish was deemed the "real leader" Suddenly she isn't the leader any longer? What happened to her being the real puppetmaster? Can I fit the glitch to make a Trish boot happen, why surely

I have no idea whether this glitch has happened every week and Snewser played around with his selections last week. It's all in how you decide to make your selections. But dabo, I think your post is just what I have been looking for and we certainly will find out the answer this week won't we

ETA: dabo this might interest you and it does me,

http://www.realitynewslive.com/iboard/index.php?act=ST&f=34&t=3139&s=44fde5b9b162a8835dc395fe964faba0

Posted: Oct 10 2003, 07:06 AM

Advanced Member
Group: Members
Member No.: 134

I dunno guys, its really hard to dig something up when it is actually under water (which it was), I think she was just exhausting herself trying to dig and then more sand would just wash in.

However, last time I checked the CBS site, they didn't have any voting history on Trish...what's up with that? Is she special

Apparently two boots ago, Trish had this problem in her activities page.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-23-03, 10:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
Thanks Veruca, looks like Mr411 is full of it...

But,the thing that bothers me most about a Shawn boot are the comments from Sandra...

She mentions that "Jon has had it up to here with him", and that "Shawn should get a clue or he's going home".

These comments in the promos put the focus directly on Shawn...

Last week when Michelle was the "obvious boot", it was obvious because of game logic, but there were no blatant promos pointing us to her.

This week Shawn is the "obvious boot", based on game logic because he should be the next in line.

If Shawn really got voted out and Shawn is the obvious boot, there's no good reason to put emphasis on him in the promos...it only makes sense as misdirection.

The only thing that makes sense to me is double misdirection. Shawn and Rupert are both misdirection and someone else is the real boot. The choices would seem to be Jon or Trish, in which case Trish is a better fit...

ttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/3d8bb96763d39870.gif
Krautboy

10-23-03, 10:54 AM (EST)
30. "What does this mean?"
In the Mr 411 thread:

Snewser
(10/22/03 5:06 pm)
Re: has anyone else noticed......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh man. You found it. Don't worry, CBS never reads this board. They won't find out and fix it.

----------------------------------------

I took it to mean Snewser has been aware of this quirk for awhile.

10-23-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: What does this mean?"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

I've decided quite a ways back with MB and his dirty dealing misdirection that it is catered more to the average viewer.

While I agree with you wholeheartedly KB regarding Shawn's misdirection as he is a focus, I am trying to view the teasers as a normal weekly viewer (which is so hard to do b/c I'm not)

So what I think he may be doing and obviously could be very wrong is simply showing us what is a likely scenario: Brawn vs. Scrawn as well the BIGGEST MISDIRECTION for the general public and that again, is Rupert.

Rupert in my mind is the one who is being heavily saturated here. Almost every teaser is about him and like I had mentioned somewhere obviously because the audience is most invested in Rupert so mainly I find the bits of Shawn and Jon as something that is practical to do. They are both in precarious situations but let's throw Rupert at them (again and again) as the real misdirection.

Now this could all fall flat and who knows Rupert may finally meet his end or it could be someone else but the CBS polls show JON as the next person voted out as has been so who is MB really trying to misdirect, the spoiling community or the general audience?

As far as the stuff leading away from Shawn. There is plenty of that as well but I'm one of those I watch the show and guess from there because interviews, spoilers, etc. are so darn contradictory half the time I end up feeling more confused

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: What does this mean?"
>I've decided quite a ways back with MB and his dirty dealing misdirection that it is catered more to the average viewer.

I concur. However, I haven’t figured out whether the insider is targeted toward the average viewer or the spoilers or something in between.

Last week, I told Mrs. forehead (who watches every episode, but doesn't want to hear about any spoilers) about the insider comments from Michelle that made Trish look like Tina. Mrs. forehead responded: why would they show something like that?

Since yesterday, I think it could be misdirection as well. Trish is not going to succeed in doing the “Tina thing” with her Drakes. (We’ll have to see whether she can do it with the Morgans...)

Replying to your edited vote:
“ETA: forehead, you know I always love playing with you
Same here

Yesterday, I came across the phoenix info (all bootees return on the ghost tribe), the volvocowboy post, the sucks posts, and thought hmm wouldn't it be interesting to vote for Trish. Then I saw your vote, did the same, checked the thresd, and noted that your vote was #53,mine #55. What the ..., where is #54? Turned out to be KB’s vote change…

forehead

forehead 932 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail forehead Click to send private message to forehead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: What does this mean?"
Snewser: > Oh man. You found it. Don't worry, CBS never reads this board. They won't find out and fix it.
----------------------------------------
BR: >I took it to mean Snewser has been aware of this quirk for awhile.

Well, fwiw, it's sufficiently ambiguous (no, snewser and ambiguous...) that it could be sarcastic at two levels:

1. Mr411: you're right, now CBS will fix it, and we can't use this anymore

2. Oh, like this could really happen after Gervase X, like this is really important, go ahead and believe it's true...

forehead

10-23-03, 11:38 AM (EST)
39. "RE: What does this mean?"
Perhaps, but --

The CBS website has been a utter disaster this season. People have been assigned to the wrong tribes, Ryan O's picture was under Burton's name when he was booted, etc. I don't think all those errors were trickery, just carelessness.

If Snewser's paying attention to the website he's noticed the errors too, so this type of slip-up wouldn't seem impossible "after Gervase X", imo.

Blow by Blow 895 desperate attention whore postings

10-23-03, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Blow%20by%20Blow Click to send private message to Blow%20by%20Blow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
>Last week when Michelle was the "obvious boot", it was obvious because of game logic, but there were no blatant promos pointing us to her.

I'm going to have to go ahead and kind of disagree with you on this. Last week the promo said, and I paraphrase, "One survivor fails to follow through on the tribe's strategy." And then they showed us Michelle guzzling her fish shake. That seemed pretty blatant to me. So blatant that I assumed it was misdirection and didn't think she'd be booted. Also, regarding game logic, there have been some pretty good arguments, posted here and elsewhere, that Shawn was a more logical pick last week because the tribe knew exactly where Michelle stood but Shawn was more of a wildcard. For a tribe looking to enter merge with solidarity, it's better to boot the unknown factors.

But back to the topic at hand, I agree with the rest of your post that Shawn is the logical pick this week. The promos are aimed at the 18 million people who don't visit this site and the light misdirection is only there to intrigue people into watching.

-P

10-23-03, 11:04 AM (EST)
31. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
TY, VerucaSalt. It's not that I have problems with a Trish boot this week; and Michelle's chat material had me wondering about that, honestly. While Michelle has nominally presented Trish as the in-charge person in Drake, the fact that she still likes Trish (and Jon and Rupert for that matter) speaks volumes. Michelle (and Burton last week) still have issues with Shawn and Christa, from the way I read it, issues which they were not able to resolve. All very well, and very interesting.

10-23-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
But if it makes anyone feel any better TDT has downgraded Trish some

Nash 437 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-23-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Nash Click to send private message to Nash Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
Yes I noticed that too.

frankz 1214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-23-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Once Again I Ask..."
And Trish is missing from the list of "contestants" on the Yahoo TV listing I found. Another mistake? I think there have been more than usual this season. Sloppy work for sure in most cases but why do they keep selecting the proper person to be sloppy about?
I think she's gone this week.

NTK 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-23-03, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NTK Click to send private message to NTK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
I think Michelle's comments indicating that Trish was calling the shots were probably true. But, I can't really see why. We haven't seen that much of her, but she doen't seem to cozy up to people like Tina did. Her comments even seem a little snarky. She doesn't seem great at challenges. We're not shown how much she contributes around camp. So, I could see her testing her "leadership" and coming up short.

I imagine that Rupert detests Shawn due to the teasing. But, if Rupert was feeling betrayed, he probably would try and save himself. I can only see the handshake as sealing the fate of another even if one of them does not intend to follow through. Jon seems like the obvious choice. But, they could also need his vote.

I was also having trouble voting for Shawn because if you just lost a challenge due to lack of strength why vote off
Shawn? I know it's close to the merge in their minds, but can they be that sure?

10-23-03, 11:29 AM (EST)
37. "RE: S7 Contestant Trish Dunn"
LAST EDITED ON 10-23-03 AT 11:30 AM (EST)

They had no problem voting Burton off so I don't know they are viewing strength as the foremost reason to keep someone and in that vein, Rupert could be in danger as well.

I'm not presenting my position to sway anyone; my comments are how I am viewing the show. You and everyone else are extremely insightful in your views depending on how everyone chooses to speculate on the show. I just have found that I was more likely right or on the right path I should say when I watched the show first then read the other stuff later. As I see it, R/C/S/T are an alliance and have stuck with being an alliance and to repeat myself from last week, until we watch tonight, I have no reason to think they still are not an alliance and I don't get advanced copies of the show lol

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •