The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 7 behind schedule "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-01-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 7 behind schedule "
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-03 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Saw this article on Survivor News. Have no idea what it means or how true it is.

http://www.survivornews.net/news.php?id=32

Excerpt:

Delays force 'Survivor' to pull out of Palau site
Survivor 7 is too far behind schedule filming in Panama to make the needed arrangements in Palau. Chief of Staff Billy Kuartei said the producers "are running so late ... they may have to do another program right there in Panama."
Pacific Daily News
Tuesday, July 29, 2003
Reading from an e-mail from the team, Chief of Staff Billy Kuartei said the producers "are running so late ... they may have to do another program right there in Panama."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule Brownroach 08-01-03 1
   RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule AZ_Leo 08-01-03 2
       RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule Brownroach 08-01-03 3
           RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule AZ_Leo 08-01-03 4
       RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule bebekid 08-01-03 6
           RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule AZ_Leo 08-01-03 7
               RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule bebekid 08-01-03 8
                   RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule AZ_Leo 08-01-03 9
   RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule bebekid 08-01-03 5
       RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule dabo 08-02-03 10
           RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule AZ_Leo 08-05-03 13
   2 Noteworthy Events MattyMax 08-05-03 11
 RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule silentJ 08-05-03 12
   Agreed jkokoj 08-05-03 14
   RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule FesterFan1 08-05-03 15
       RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule Round Robin 08-23-03 16
           RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule Round Robin 08-26-03 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-01-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
TDT also posted this on Sucks:

truedorktimes
(7/18/03 9:52 am)
ezSupporter

Re: Jeff P interview on E! this AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MediaScribe at Siii also saw this on E! yesterday, and posted this account of what Jeff said:

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------
For the sake of the calendar spoilers, this morning on the Emmy Award Announcements Post Show on E!, Jeff Probst announced that today was day 25 (their time) of shooting. He said they had about 20 days left there. He also said two noteworthy 'events' have happened that have never happened on Survivor before.
----------------------------------------------------------------

This statement was made on 7/17. I don't get how they could still have 20 days left after Day 25, unless he meant it was the 25th day they were there, but the actual game started late.

Interesting about the two noteworthy "events".

08-01-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
That would have taken place just after Hurricane Claudette passed through. Maybe more damage was done or it had a greater effect on the game then was previously assumed.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
I'm thinking the same thing.

Leo, just curious, are you having any trouble getting into OT today? I can't open any threads there (it takes forever). I posted a message on the help forum.

08-01-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
Just checked. I'm not having any problems. I did have trouble getting into the site as a whole a couple of days ago but only saw one other person say the same thing.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-01-03, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
>That would have taken place just
>after Hurricane Claudette passed through.
>Maybe more damage was done
>or it had a greater
>effect on the game then
>was previously assumed.

Interesting. Is there ANYTHING, even a serious weather event, that would cause the game to pause in play? I don't think so. The flood in S2 was rather significant, and the game went on.

Then again, Jiffy said 2 noteworthy events. I would bet Claudette was one of them, but the impact on the game we don't yet know.

08-01-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
The flooding and fire of S2 were mainly around the tribal camps. What if there was significant damage at the production base camp?

Also, indications are that the tribal camps, tribal council, and possibly challenge area are on separate islands? Could the hurricane have prevented getting the tribes to the proper locations therefore forcing a delay? That seems likely to me.

08-01-03, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
Good points. I hadn't thought about possible damage to production equipment. Seems like MB and gang would know the hurricane possibilities and would prepare ahead of time.

I would think MB would do everything he could to avoid a pause/delay in the game. Even one extra day could change the game dynamics permanently. But that would be interesting to watch.

08-01-03, 02:00 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
That's the thing about Mother Nature. No matter how prepared or in control you think you might be she can usually find some way to slap you upside the head. Best we mere mortals (or even Mark Burnett) can do is prepare where you can and play the percentages. How about a strategically placed lightening bolt to the gas tanks feeding the tribal council fire?

08-01-03, 12:43 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
>This statement was made on 7/17.
> I don't get
>how they could still have
>20 days left after Day
>25, unless he meant it
>was the 25th day they
>were there, but the actual
>game started late.

It is speculated that Monday, June 23rd was the beginning of the game. If the game did, in fact, start that day, then July 17th would have been the 25th day.

All I can gather is that either before the game started or after the game finished (or finishes), they still have filming to do. You know, all the shots of native animals and scenery, etc.

Either way, filming should wrap up there sometime next week at the latest.

I actually think this article has more to do with S8 and it's location and filming dates. Sounds like they have been unable to secure the next location? If they want to premiere S8 after the Super Bowl, this could be a problem.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-03, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
Agree. They don't want anyone knowing where S8(allstar) will be filmed until they're ready to let the news out themselves, this material has all the earmarks of a cover story.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

08-05-03, 12:12 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
I recall reading an article (sorry can't find link) where one of the S8 participants said something that confirms this. They were told that they didn't want the survivors to have any chance to prepare by knowing where they were going or what type of terrain they would be living in.

MattyMax 515 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-03, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MattyMax Click to send private message to MattyMax Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "2 Noteworthy Events"
Hmm.. I 've been thinking about what these could be. What could be a noteworthy event that has never happened on survivor before?
They could be new twists in the game, but I have a feeling that perhaps they are player related, because of the language. It would be lame to hype up 'survivor firsts' if these were events that are new for the season.

So what COULD have happened on this season that has never happened before? Well, if there are two, then I say sex and a fight.

We have yet to have any confirmed sex on the beach, minus the rumours of Colleen and Greg, and that whole Ted/Ghandia thing that I don't really like to think about, or Sarah+Rob, who seemed to just cuddle. But we haven't had any confirmed SEX. And you know that the producers would LOVE it. Hell, this was the summer for Big Brother.

Second, we have yet to see a physical altercation between cast members, outside of a challenge. The kind where someone has to be asked to leave afterwards, like Gladys in Road Rules (even though whatshisface was totally asking for it).

SEX + VIOLENCE!!

Yeah, so any other ideas?

MattyMax

silentJ 336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-05-03, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail silentJ Click to send private message to silentJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
Let's look at the facts we currently have:

1. A hurricane came through the game area early on-
In areas in the US where hurricanes hit, there are building codes that prevent most of the serious injury and damage. A camp site on the coast of Panama would not survive a direct hit and anyone at such a site would be in very real danger.

2. Production is behind-
Several sites are reporting that production is behind for S7 and S8 may have to tape in Panama to avoid further delays. How do you get behind when the taping is layed out in an orderly fashion? Every 3 days someone leaves, when there's only one person left, a winner is declared, everyone goes home. There is no overtime.

3. 2 things "noteworthy" happen early on-
Day 20 is right about the time of the merge, so an early merge would have happened by then, but I doubt a planned event would be described by Probst as noteworthy. Both are likely unplanned

Given these facts, I'd say we are looking at the first official game stoppage in Survivor history. Hurricane comes in, conditions become life threatening, MB calls an official time out because dead contestents are bad for his image. A few days later play resumes, production is behind, and MB has a huge hook to play up in promos.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-05-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Agreed"
silentJ. JiffyPop always leads us on in his interviews. The Hurricane is the most obvious.

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-03, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-03 AT 12:57 PM (EST)

While I agree that there probably was a delay in production, I think it had more to do with travel safety than camp safety. I doubt very seriously that they had to evacuate the camp (unless they did it as a precaution).

Heres a graphic of Claudette's track...

It's pretty blurry, but I can tell you that the blue dots represent the storm's strength at each given point. Blue on the graph represents Tropical Storm status (40-75 MPH winds). Claudette wasn't upgraded to a hurricane until after it made landfall up at the tip of the Yucatan peninsula. You can also see that the track doesn't really come close to Panama.

When you factor in that the Survivors were on the Pacific Ocean side, as well, I think it's logical to deduce that they had heavy rains (as was reported), but no real damaging winds. Still, it probably made traveling from island to island treacherous. Based on the calendar at Survivor Fever, those rains would've coincided with E6, just before a "traditional" merge. So it's possible that the E6 challenges, TC, and subsequent merge were all delayed, but probably not for more than a day or two.

Fester
edit to add link

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-23-03, 06:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
With the Pearl Islands being on the Pacific side of Panama, and with Claudette's path being what it was, it couldn't have had a thing to do with the production delays or the game. It was never close enough. The game might have started late for some reason, but even if it didn't there was probably little or no delay in the game. If they were still to be there 20 days on day 25 of the game, the game itself could have been delayed by probably no more than a couple days at most if at all. The game is usually 39 days. There are always a few post game days required to take down the base camp. 25+20=45 days, so the 39 day game plus the usual postgame teardown and cleanup leaves little room for delays. I lean towards the theory that this is a cover story for not being able to get the site in Palau being the correct theory, and I lean towards at least one of the noteworthy events being sex. I think that if an unusual event upset the game schedule at all, unless it was more than a day they'd just tighten up the challenge and TC schedule after the delay to keep the game at 39 days.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-26-03, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor 7 behind schedule "
A couple things that nobody has mentioned: A) The 7/29 date on the Snewser report would have been on day 37 of the game, so even if it started on time and was not delayed, the game would still be going on at that time, and B) If the game started on 6/23 as reported, that is 2 weeks later in the year than S5 started last summer. That leaves them 2 weeks further behind schedule than last year right off the get-go even with no delays. So it is very possible that if they were to start the ASS in September or October, they might have just left themselves too little time to get everything done by starting later, and perhaps there was no game delay at all. Any ideas why they started 2 weeks later? I bet that's the main holdup right there.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •