The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-29-03, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
I can't believe I never saw this in Survivor Insider (I bought it after Episode 5 and I thought I watched all the clips). Well, guess what?

Janet DOES say Christy brought the Granola bar

Markopolo transcript of Episode 2 CLIP

After a few other confessionals from tribe members.....Christy (in confessional) says she can't believe the group is going nuts and is all angry.

LATER....Janet comes on in a confessional.

Janet (confessional): "I could tell immediately who'd done it. Christy did it. .... I could just tell by the way she acted. .... I went out in the woods with Christy and I said to her. And she says "I can't believe they made such a big deal about the food." And I said '"well it's against the rules. They think I did it."

Then I could tell by the look on her face.

(Christy) says "Well I don't think the tribe would get in trouble.'' I said here's the deal. let's just say you had done it, I said, "I'll take the fall for you. I'll say it's me. I mean it's against the rules."

She said "why would you do that?"

And I said "because I believe in your mission, your quest. I believe you've got a point to make. I don't. I think yours is more important than mine, so I'll take the fall."

She didn't say well "I did do it." But I could tell.

NOTE: JANET later calls Christy an amazing human being.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... SurvivinDawg 05-30-03 1
 RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... Draco Malfoy 05-30-03 2
   RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... SurvivinDawg 05-30-03 3
       Joanna v. Christy thndrkttn 05-30-03 4
           RE: Joanna v. Christy DRONES 06-02-03 6
 RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... whoami 05-30-03 5
 RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... SaphireLady 06-11-03 7
 RE: Janet: Christy brought in grano... JanetSTL 07-05-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-30-03, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
I really wish this would come from a third party. But it's coming from the party that is accused of bringing in the granola bar in the first place. So who to believe?

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
Why is all the bashing of Christy coming out lately? She seems to have not made many friends in the Amazon. First there's the story about why she voted for Jenna, that she didn't understand the rules (which is a crock, I'm sure), and now this. There just seems to be a lot of animosity towards her lately that I'm not getting.

IceCat RAWKS!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-03, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-03 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

I don't think Christy was well-liked in the Amazon, especially by her Jabaru tribemates, but she's getting a public "free pass" because of her deafness. (Ooooh, political incorrectness from Dawg again! )

She got lost once. They had to basically babysit her when walking, because she couldn't hear creatures that they might step on. She didn't bond with her tribemates and went to bed early as they stayed up and talked by the campfire. She got in that argument with Joanne (might have not been Christy's fault, but note that it is CHRISTY involved).

All during the show, some of us spoilers (me, anyway) would think she had an alliance with Butch, or with Deena, etc. Turns out, she didn't have much of an alliance with anyone! And her wavering cost her a Final Four shot, to boot (pun intended).

So, should we be surprised to see and hear some negative stuff about Christy seep into the Media mix? IMHO, no.

Edited to add: BTW, DM, your new siggie looks great.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

thndrkttn 3216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-30-03, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thndrkttn Click to send private message to thndrkttn Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Joanna v. Christy"
AHA! Finally something I can weigh in and sound somewhat intelligent.

At the after-party, Kim and I met Joanna. I'll tell you, she is totally cool in person. We asked her about that argument between her and Chrsity and she stated that it was edited to make it look as though her fuse just blew but it was really a long time coming. Joanna pointed out that if you go back and review the tape, they are wearing different clothes at the beginning of the argument than at the end. Also Joanna said that Christy is very expressive with her hands (understandable), she would get close to Joanna, hands waving all over the place, and it just got to be too much for her.

I noticed that Joanna is great physical shape (her arms were jacked!) and when I asked her if she looked that on the show (I didn't remember) she scoffed and said something to the effect of "Yeah, so much for young 'thin' cute girls v. the old fat women."

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-02-03, 06:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Joanna v. Christy"

All this info coming out on Christy has caused me to have some second thoughts on her. I, and many others as well, projected our wishes on her during this game. I still think she is a wonderful person but was more clueless in this game than Matt.

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-30-03, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
Deena was asked about this in her post over on sucks and she said that she asked Christy about this and was told it was not true. Who do you believe?? How do we get any of the Survivors to post over here?? This is a much nicer place to be.
WHOAMI
How you play a game is how you are in real life when push comes to shove.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-11-03, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
In the first couple of episodes, the women did leave Christy out. But she also left herself out. I like Christy, and Janet made a point to try to be her friend, something that the young ones did not. Now having listened to their version and having watched the editted version of survivor, I would pick a middle road that says Christy had/has a small chip on her shoulder with hearing people and even more of one with young "cute" girls. The "cute" girls did not know how to deal with anything much less how to relate to a deaf girl that was not "cute". So I think that in regards to what is true is more a middle of the road type thing with the ladies. Sorry ladies, I am one too so can say this, we a catty people. If someone is different we tend to label and talk about rather then get to know, then if we get to know we might change our minds. Now not all ladies do this but in the young it is even more so because they lack life experiences to help them deal with different types of people.

As for as the granola bar. Does it matter who brought it. No one got in trouble from the show for it and as for as Janet going, she was going to go with or without the granola incident because of her sickness. Also I have to say, she did a turn around after her major bad day that is just surprising to me and I was questioning that she had something to eat that we did not see. So your guess is as good as mine but we will never know because whoever brought it in will never admit to it.

"Do you know, I always thought unicorns were fabulous monsters, too? I never saw one alive before!" "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn, "if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you." Lewis Carroll; Through the Looking Glass

JanetSTL 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-05-03, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JanetSTL Click to send private message to JanetSTL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Janet: Christy brought in granola bar"
I'm from STL like Janet so I've watched her on the news a lot. I know all sorts of secrets and other things she has told the reporters. She seems like a genuine and truly warm person. She was always funny and seemed honest and not the kind of person who would lie. I was rooting for her but once she was voted off I was rooting for Christy (but only because I couldn't stand anybody else) but she seemed so naive that I believe that she did bring the granola bar in. I don't see how anybody could haved managed sneaking it in though. I believe Janet and hope she and Kel (S2) get a chance to be on the all-star Survivor!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •