The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

AMAZON 98 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-20-00, 04:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AMAZON Click to send private message to AMAZON Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
In episode 12, when Susan and Kelly had their arguement, Sue said something to the effect of: "I heard that if you got into the final 2 with us that you were gonna make it look like you didn't align with us. Colleen told me that!" That got me to thinking, why would Colleen be giving this information to Susan of all people? The only possiblities that I can think of are as follows:

1. Colleen never said anything like that to Susan. Susan could've just made that up to try and catch Kelly in a lie.

2. Colleen said this to Susan for self-preservation. She probably figured that if she could turn the alliance against Kelly, that it would increase her chances of winning.

Now, if Colleen really was trying to expose Kelly's strategy out of spite, then that could really affect voting patterns if Kelly makes it to the final 2. This should really be looked into by the sleuths that are more superior than I.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly?? Irisheyes 08-20-00 1
 RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly?? Laney 08-20-00 2
   RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly?? munson 08-20-00 3
 Not a backstab - call it a recruitm... dangerboy 08-21-00 4
   RE: Not a backstab - call it a recr... AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 6
       Kelly's interview in ep12 dangerboy 08-21-00 7
           RE: Kelly's interview in ep12 AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 8
 RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly?? AyatollahKhomeini 08-21-00 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-20-00, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
Colleen might have told SUe, I know there is an alliance and I know I am probably next.We all know there was an alliance because Kelly told us. Colleen has said that Kelly would say one thing to the Pagongers and another to the Tagi's. Colleen saw through all of Kelly's bullshit and knew she was the backstabber.
At this late stage in the game, I don'ty think Colleen was trying to backstab Kelly for self-preservation. I think she really wanted to leave, but also wanted to shed some light on Kelly's true character.

All this is speculation, I could be way off base.

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-20-00, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
Kelly & Sue's fight is the one thing that has left me really scratching my head.
-The editing does not make it clear what Kelly has done to Back stab Sue (imo anyway)
-The clothes (and Sue's bandgage) are the bost bizarre thing from Ep12. When did this fight actually happen?
-Since Kelly vowed to never let Sue in the final three- Why did she vote for Sean at TC instead of Sue?

I sure hope MB will be selling some un-cut, un-seen, un-edited scenes from Survivor in a video store near me. I'd sure like some things cleared up.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
Actually, Sue was the one who vowed to not let Kelly make it to the Final 3, if she could, because Kelly was too much of a threat. Kelly responded by saying that she planned to be there anyway (but not at Sue's expense) and whatever happens among the others happens.

Kelly has often voted for Sean despite the Alliance vote. Kelly did not vote with the Alliance when Jenna and Colleen were booted. In fact, in the 9 TC's she has participated in, Kelly has voted with the Alliance only 5 times (Dirk, Gretchen, Greg, Gervase and Sean). And she would have voted for Sean regardless of the TA decision.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Not a backstab - call it a recruitment attempt."
Amazon, I don't think it was in the context of the final two. I think the talk from Colleeen happened around the time she was trying to drum up support in a bid against Rich. Sue just said that Colleen said that Kelly was going around saying she wasn't aligned with them. I can see her saying that to Susan to try and convince her to join them in an insurrection over Rich. It all didn't pan out but evidently it did piss off Sue and color her attitude toward Kelly. I don't think Colleen was backstabbing Kelly as much as trying to recruit Susan (probably with her and Kelly). Mark Burnette says that some resentment comes out in the final TC. Maybe some more of this comes out. I'm not sure since the editing always makes things a little murky. They keep trying to maintain a little suspense so as to keep us guessing until the end of the show on who gets kicked off. Also, they keep mixing up clips to keep people off-balance and as a result it's hard to make a prediction. I agree with some of the others, I'd like to see a lot of the out-takes or footage that was not used. It would put an awful lot of conversations in context. A prime example was the interview with Kelly on the beach where she says she's voting for either Rich or Sue. This was immediately after the immunity challenge but by the time tribal council comes along she votes for Sean with the rest of the alliance. I want to know what went on in between. Where and when did they make the decision? What was going on between the four of them? We always see snatches of conversation where they propose people but more often than not it is wrong.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-21-00, 04:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Not a backstab - call it a recruitment attempt."
>A prime example
>was the interview with Kelly
>on the beach where she
>says she's voting for either
>Rich or Sue.

Do we know if this clip was REALLY from E12? As you pointed out yourself:

>Also, they keep mixing up
>clips to keep people off-balance
>and as a result it's
>hard to make a prediction.

Kelly clearly was wearing the immunity talisman. If the clip was from E13, though ... well, let's just say Rudy doesn't win.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Kelly's interview in ep12"
Ayatollah, I place that at Episode 12 since everyone is wearing the clothes they had on at the Survivor Witch Project. When you see Kelly talking back in the background is Rich, Rudy, and Alphabet boy talking together. The interesting thing is that Sean is wearing a white shirt which is what he wore during the challenge. He changed to a blue shirt for TC. So, I don't think it is for episode 13. That doesn't mean that Kelly doesn't win the next challenge or anything though. In fact, I think she does, resulting in the tie we've all heard about. Plus, Rudy's attention span is so great I really don't think he's winning the one that requires you to know about your fellow castaways. Here's how it'll go:

Who has two children? Uh, I dunno...
Who really loves his sister? Uh I dunno...

I just don't think we can use that clip for ep 13.

08-21-00, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kelly's interview in ep12"
Thanks, dangerboy. I couldn't make out who was in the background.

08-21-00, 04:46 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Did Colleen backstab Kelly??"
>Colleen said this to Susan
>for self-preservation. She probably
>figured that if she could
>turn the alliance against Kelly,
>that it would increase her
>chances of winning.

No offense to the others who have posted here disputing that Colleen would do such a thing, but I posted a thread here after E11 making just this argument. The only way that Kelly was trying to have it both ways was by being friends with Colleen and also being in the TA. When push came to shove in E10, though, she refused to join a counter-alliance with Gervase, Colleen and Sean and remained with the TA. I expect that we'll see that this was a good financial decision.

However, it had to be obvious to Colleen that the only way for her to stay on the island was to create a rift in the TA. Colleen certainly did not appear to feel very friendly toward Susan, and so it doesn't make any sense for Colleen to be "warning" her about Kelly. Instead, Colleen was trying to help herself win the million. This would also explain Jeff Probst's cryptic comment about how Colleen was playing the game, the same way that the others were.

This doesn't make Colleen a bad person, any more than voting Jenna off made Sean a bad person or joining the TA made the Final Four bad people. It would show, though, that Colleen was not some meek little lamb accepting her upcoming ouster, as some people seem to believe.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •