The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-14-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"

The past is past, et cetera, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. Last night, I re-watched the tape of that debacle known as the S6 finale.

During the F4 IC (the maze), Matt was about to get his 3rd necklace. Jenna, trying to get her 3rd necklace, was right near him but was clearly lost, she kept turning and walking into a corner. It appeared she had no idea that they were both near the necklace station.

When Matt got the 3rd, Jeff not only said, "Matthew gets his third!" He added "And Jenna is right next to him!" (I may have the exact wording wrong, but he definitely pointed out that Jenna was right near Matt, who, of course had just picked up his necklace.)

Having been practically directed by Jeff, Jenna then realized where she must be and headed straight for the pole holding the necklaces. Why not just hand her the frigging necklace and get it over with.

From the way she was stumbling, it could easily have taken her another full minute to realize where she was. This cost Matt what may have been a significant lead. During that time Matt, who was already booking *ss, would probably have gotten his 4th and moved on back to the finish point. As it was, he was only a few seconds behind her at the end.

It seemed throughout the show that Jeff has helped Jenna; the most memorable example was allowing the whiny b!tch to get her letter after she cried and whined to get her way.

At the "reunion" he let her and the other ho off easy when asking them about the strip-for-peanut butter incident. He never once pointed out the obvious, that they didn't HAVE to take their clothes off, all they had to do was jump off.

Just letting off some residual steam.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Brownroach 05-14-03 1
 A word in Jenna's Defense smrtNsassybnkr 05-14-03 2
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... ryl 05-14-03 3
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... managerr 05-14-03 4
   RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... SurvivinDawg 05-27-03 22
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... justme99 05-14-03 5
   RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... ryl 05-14-03 6
   RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Brownroach 05-14-03 7
       RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... VerucaSalt 05-14-03 8
           RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... bebekid 05-14-03 12
       RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... ryl 05-14-03 9
           RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Brownroach 05-14-03 11
               RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... ryl 05-15-03 17
       RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... TechNoir 05-14-03 16
           RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Brownroach 05-15-03 18
               RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... AZ_Leo 05-15-03 19
                   RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Brownroach 05-16-03 20
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... tanyafrommd 05-14-03 10
   RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... Skiver 05-14-03 13
       RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... VerucaSalt 05-14-03 14
 Also helped her at F3 frisky 05-14-03 15
 RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 I... bris 05-26-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
I agree Jeff gave Jenna a free pass more than once.

The most incomprehensible thing to me was that when Jenna gave immunity to Heidi -- the only time anyone has ever done this in six Survivors -- Jeff let it go by with nary a single question or remark. He later said in an interview that he would have to ask Jenna why she did that; it would have been "unfair to Jenna" to ask at the TC. He just had to make everyone vote with no chance to regroup, which Probst "supposed was what Jenna wanted."

(my quotes may not be exact, but that was the essence)

If anyone else had done that, Probst surely would have said at least something to the effect of, "so you must feel confident that you are safe tonight." But no. Nothing. Not a word. It really infuriated me at the time.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-14-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "A word in Jenna's Defense"
Just a short note. I read a transcript of a radio interview with Jeff who stated that it had been about 45 minutes when the girls offered to strip for Chocoalte and peanut butter. There was NO chocolate and peanut butter offered (or available) at that time, so the crew went and GOT some. At that point, Heidi and Jenna DID have to strip to get their treat.

If you want to talk about foolish moves, how about Roger, who was the ONLY person to jump without first getting food!

ryl 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ryl Click to send private message to ryl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Very interesting point about the F4 IC. Now this sucked even more. Jeff seems to like Jenna all along. I guess the "help" during the F4 IC just came naturally, as Jenna was the only female and underdog at that point. Still, that does not justify it.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-14-03, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Jenna knew that Matt was next to her, since they had just bumped, but I was like "Shut up, Jeff!" as well. He'd often move around the maze and shout "XXXX has two!", and his voice was a rough indicator of the location of the pedastals.

Favortism is not new to Jeff. He gave Colby a critical clue on the "Concentration" immunity challenge in Australia. And he even "overlooked" the Colby/harness incident as well. (Little surprise that he and the Colbster are now good friends)

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-03, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
It was also Jiffy's call on the "broken plate" incident, where Colby was allowed to stay in the slingshot/plate breaking Immunity challenge despite having a broken plate. Actually, that call might have gone either way, but I remember how controversial it was at the time.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

justme99 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-03, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justme99 Click to send private message to justme99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Two points:

a. I remember watching this and Jenna was already at the directions post and figuring out where she needed to go when Jeff said that. She just was following the directions of the post.

b. For all she knew Matthew might have just picked up one of the necklaces that she already had which wouldn't have done her any good. So, it doesn't make sense that she would have just followed him.

05-14-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ryl Click to send private message to ryl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Yes I agree Jenna could be just following the directions of the post but to have Jeff said that, wouldn't it be an advantage as well ?

Maybe we were not shown, but I'm sure Jeff wouldn't have "helped" any of the others in the same way. Perhaps he didn't mean to "help" Jenna intentionally, but inside, he's rooting for her so it just came without him realising it. JMHO, it may not be the case but now that it's mentioned, this really bothers me.

ok, I'm biased but I'm quite sure if the necklace that Matt just picked up is one that Jenna already has, Jeff wouldn't have made the comment. JMHO

05-14-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
I didn't quite get this challenge. From what I could figure out, the four signs on the guideposts each had an arrow pointing in a different direction. If you followed the arrow for, say, the water sign you were supposed to pick up the water necklace.

But there were multiple necklaces hanging on each post. If someone had already taken the water necklace from that post, couldn't you just pick up another necklace if you were missing that sign, without having to use a guidepost again?

Does anyone understand exactly how this challenge worked?

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-03, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Well if you want to believe that the powers want a male, female, male, female, etc winner situation, then hell, I can believe this.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Well, MB wanted to avoid another all male final 2. Though a Matt/Rob final 2 would have been far more suspenseful and climactic (and satisfing) than Brian and Clay.

So yes, I can buy that Jenna was helped along.

05-14-03, 12:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Brownroach, there are 4 necklaces at each of the 4 necklace-posts. The signposts shows directions to the 4 necklace-posts, which are in different directions.

Am I reading you right but are you implying that one survivor can just follow another to get the necklaces ? I don't think it is feasible though.

05-14-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
When Matt picked up his first necklace, Jeff Probst said something like, "but did he get the right one?" That made me think there was a necklace on the post for each sign, and Matt was supposed to take the one for the sign whose arrow he had followed from the guidepost.

We saw Jenna do this: she read the water sign on a guidepost, followed the arrow, and picked up the water necklace, and even said to herself that she had "water", so she'd know not to look for that sign again.

But if, say, Rob had read the water sign at the same guidepost and followed the arrow, the water necklace would have been gone because Jenna took it. But if Rob needed a fire necklace and there was one there, could he not just take it without going back to another guidepost first?

It just didn't make sense to me what they were supposed to do.

05-15-03, 03:49 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Brownroach, there're 4 water necklaces at the water-necklace post, 4 fire necklaces at the fire-necklace post, etc. There're 16 necklaces in total so that each player can have a fire, water, earth and air necklace.

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
I can help I think. The "water" post had all water necklaces, etc. So you really did have to get to each pole to collect them all.

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall" -- Proverbs 16:18

05-15-03, 05:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Tech, you and Ryl are probably correct -- but then I don't understand why when Matt picked up his first necklace Jiffy said "did he get the right one?" It wouldn't have mattered.

Oh well, not to flog the dead horse. I have more pressing concerns. Like getting the heck out of the office now.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-15-03, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
I think Jeff made the comment when Matt got a later necklace. I think he was referring to the fact that it may be possible if Matt misread the symbols he could easily have picked up a duplicate to what he already had.

05-16-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
So then, was this another attempt to help Jenna? Make Matt think he got the wrong one so he would go back and check, slowing him down and giving Jenna time to catch up?

tanyafrommd 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-14-03, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tanyafrommd Click to send private message to tanyafrommd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Geez............. stfu already! It's over....the skanky witch won...move on.......or kill yourself...the choice is up to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skiver 1118 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-14-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skiver Click to send private message to Skiver Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
I think you used maybe three less exclamation marks than is grammatically correct in a 'stfu' sentence, tanyafrommd. You can try it out in your reply to this post.

Skiver.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
THis is a little off topic but since it is the same challenge, it just seemed so fitting that Matt, when trying to feel a necklace asked if it was earth

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Also helped her at F3"
When he was questionning the F3 after Jenna won the second immunity, he said something about her choice between Rob and Matt. Something like, "do you want to take a chance against Rob? Or are you thinking you have a better chance against Matt? Are you thinking Hey, Matt doesn't deserve this, he hasn't played the game as hard, he doesn't deserve to be in the final 2?"

I was thinking "Jeff, shut the fvck up. You're givin' everybody (Jenna AND the jury) ideas."

bris 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-26-03, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bris Click to send private message to bris Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Did Jeff help Jenna during F4 IC?"
Jeff meant that Jenna was right behind him and anyway Matt could not find his forth neclace and was no where near it so Jenna won fair and square.
and if this was considered a cheat lets not forget when Colby cheated in a reward challenge beating Amber the non cheater

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •