The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"EW article"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-27-03, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"EW article"
Entertainment Weekly posted an article on the finale that I thought I would share. I know it pretty much summed up my thoughts.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=20030925125409990017&_mpc=entertainment%2e10%2e4

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: EW article minitroll 09-27-03 1
 Your wish is my command LadyT 09-27-03 2
   RE: Your wish is my command foonerman 09-28-03 3
   RE: Your wish is my command minitroll 09-28-03 4
       RE: Your wish is my command AugustGirl 09-28-03 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: EW article"
It won't let me in without an AOL password.

Could you summarize what the article said? I'm curious to hear what EW thought about the finale.

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-03, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LadyT Click to send private message to LadyT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Your wish is my command"
Here's the whole thing, authored by Dalton Ross for Entertainment Weekly

Of course Jun won! It was so obvious. Everybody knew it! Why? Well, because I predicted Alison the victor, and everyone knows my predictions on reality shows are ALWAYS embarrassingly inaccurate. Hello! I'm the guy that in the pages of Entertainment Weekly predicted Christy would win "Survivor: Amazon," and by the time the issue hit the stands, SHE WASN'T EVEN ON THE SHOW ANY MORE!!! (Booted off by her "evil stepsisters.")

So naturally when I picked Alison as the winner, it was all over for her. But, in my defense (and lord knows I need it), I don't think anyone could have predicted such a landslide, with Jun taking home the $500,000 by a 6 to 1 margin. Also in my defense, I would like to point out that I had four of the seven votes predicted correctly. I had Dana, Justin, and Jee all voting for Jun, and knew that horndog Nathan would still vote for Alison even though she played him like a sucker. Jack, Erika, and Robert were the ones that threw me. I thought they would hand it to Alison. I thought wrong.

But let's be honest, Alison DID deserve to lose, if for no other reason than for insisting that "I think there will be some feminists out there who will appreciate what Jun and I have done." Yes, Alison, you are the new posterwoman for feminism. That makes about as much sense as throwing Manute Bol into the Lollipop Guild. (You might have to brush up on 1980s basketball and "The Wizard of Oz" to catch that one. Don't bother. It's not worth the effort.)

Alison's ridiculous comment was just one of the treats of finale night. We also got to see poor Michelle say how hurt she was because her former housemates -- horror of horrors -- voted her out! Yo, Tara Reid wannabe: Cop a chill. THAT'S THE POINT OF THE FREAKIN' GAME!!! She then proceeded to cry because David had slept with a woman on national television.

We also FINALLY got to see Erika's racist comments towards Jee addressed. Julie Chen ridiculously gave Erika a free pass on that when she was evicted, but Jee (calmly and with class, I might add) confronted and forgave the Pilates instructor.

I actually was really into having the people vote and THEN get to see them watch the tapes, and THEN watch them go at each other for the things they did and said. Good stuff, that was. Although I'm still a little bummed Jack backed down from his "buzzard's crotch" comment about Man-Troll. Also, where was my man Scott?!? What, a guy tosses furniture and brags about his genital warts, and suddenly he becomes persona non grata? What's that all about?

I'm sure he would have had some excellent comments for Jun and Alison. At least they would have been better then all the other jury members who looked like they were all reading from the same script: "Congratulations on making it this far. I do not respect you and things you did, but I gave my vote to ." Jun looked legitimately hurt by these comments, and I love the way she and Alison just BOLTED for the front door to get away from everyone else after the verdict was read.

And so now a somewhat sub-par season of "Big Brother" is behind us. Sure it was better than season 1, but me reading the classifieds on camera would be better than that. Number 4 didnt match up to seasons 2 or 3 because there was no central character (like Will or Danielle) that you loved to hate; just lots of people you hated. While Will and Danielle were smart and funny in their diary room comments, Alison and Jun came off as just whiny and annoying. In Juns case, at least she's now whiny, annoying and rich.

What did you think of this season of "Big Brother"?

foonerman 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-28-03, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonerman Click to send private message to foonerman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Your wish is my command"
Thank you LadyT. I believe Alislut will accomplish for feminism what Chreichen have achieved for gays. Everybody will want to run and hide from them. Chippy and Reichie don't even want to poke each other anymore, and I doubt anyone will want to poke Alislut, except with a sharp stick. Adios Big Brother, an embarassing waste of time to watch.

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-28-03, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Your wish is my command"
Thanks Tishy! I have to agree with the author of that article that Alison's comment about some feminists appreciating what they had done was beyond stupid. Of course, a lot of what fell out of Alison's mouth was stupid, so I don't know why it surprised me. Good riddance to a crappy year of Big Brother, let's hope next year is better.

Hey, I've got an idea....let's replace the Chenbot with evil Dr. Will! Now THAT would be good T.V!

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-03, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Your wish is my command"
Evil Dr Will as host of BB?! Minitroll, that is brilliant! Can you imagine? CBS, are you listening????

Oh wait, apparently Chenbot is still Mr CBS' snugglebunny (oh man, I just made myself gag. I hate when that happens). Let's hope between now and next summer someone comes to their senses, dumps Chenbot and hires Evil Dr Will.

We can only hope.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •