The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can we have a board for World Idol?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

pdragonfly 318 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-18-03, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pdragonfly Click to send private message to pdragonfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can we have a board for World Idol?"

http://www.fremantlemedia.com/page.asp?partid=198

Idols compete on the global stage to become world's favourite pop superstar

London, November 13 2003

FremantleMedia and 19TV have confirmed the production of World Idol, the spectacular search to find the ultimate world pop superstar. The two companies have successfully rolled-out their smash-hit entertainment format Idols - the televised search for a new solo pop idol - to over 20 countries around the world. Now, in an unmissable two-part special, the winners from completed first series in 11 countries will step up on to the world stage and battle it out to be crowned the planet’s biggest pop sensation! The international competition will be staged in London and broadcast to participating countries, where viewers will collectively vote to decide the overall winner. The first part of the special will be transmitted at the end of December, while the thrilling final results show will be staged over the New Year period.

Since it premiered as Pop Idol on ITV in the UK in October 2001, the Idols format has taken nations by storm, broken ratings records and scooped numerous industry awards. This includes Europe’s top television award, the Rose d’Or 2002 (the Golden Rose of Montreux) for the original UK production, which was produced by Thames and 19TV. The US version, American Idol, was also recently nominated for five prime-time Emmy awards. Idols has created major new recording artists of the winners and, in many cases, the runners-up who between them have notched up phenomenal album and singles sales, and numerous number one chart hits. The format was conceived by Simon Fuller of 19TV.

World Idol will be broadcast over two evenings on channels that have completed first series. The two-part special will also be distributed to other countries by Fremantle International Distribution, the distribution division of FremantleMedia. The first evening will feature live performances from each of the 11 Idols contesting the world crown, with the results being announced on the second evening. Local transmission times and dates for the first part of the special will vary, while the final results show will be broadcast during the New Year holiday period. The channels and contestants are as follows:

Original series title, broadcaster, winner

Pop Idol, UK - ITV, Will Young

Idols, South Africa - M-NET, Heinz Winckler

Idol, Poland - Polsat, Alicja Janosz

American Idol, USA - Fox, Kelly Clarkson

Idols, Netherlands - RTL4, Jamai Loman

Deutschland sucht den Superstar - RTL, Alexander Klaws,

Idol, Norway - TV2, Kurt Nilsen

SuperStar, Pan-Arabic region - FutureTV, Lebanon, Diana Karazon

Idool, Belgium - VTM, Peter Evrard

Canadian Idol, Canada - CTV, Ryan Malcolm

Australian Idol, Australia - Network 10, winner announced, 19 November 2003

The international contest will include localised segments, with various series one presenters hosting and linking the participating countries’ broadcasts from London. A representative from each country’s judging panel will also sit on an international jury. With so many different personalities, viewers can look forward to sharp comment, encouragement and high emotion from the judges.

Alan Boyd, President of Worldwide Entertainment, FremantleMedia Production, comments: “We are thrilled to announce the production of what promises to be a great global television event. All of the contestants have proved themselves worthy winners in their own countries, and this provides an amazing opportunity for viewers worldwide to see the range of incredible talent that Idols has uncovered around the world.

“The idea for a worldwide Idols competition was conceived some time ago, and for FremantleMedia and 19TV to now be able to realise this project, working with all of our broadcast partners, is absolutely fantastic. With our network of creative teams and production companies around the world, FremantleMedia is uniquely placed to deliver such a complex and in many respects unprecedented event.”

Simon Fuller of 19 added: “When I dreamt up the idea of Pop Idol, I always saw it is a global concept, and so I'm delighted to see World Idol being made here in London. The last two years have been fantastic and it is incredibly satisfying to see a British TV idea being so successful on a global stage.”

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can we have a board for World I... SurvivorBlows 11-18-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-18-03, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can we have a board for World Idol?"
We've already been covering this story:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/newsshow.php?x=129

Since World Idol is just a two-part special and just another variation on the Idol idea, I don't see why it warrants its own forum any more than American Juniors or Canadian Idol did.

-SB

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •