The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"First speculation at S7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-03, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"First speculation at S7"
OK, who whats to take a bet that the "stranding like you've never seen before" involves walking the plank?

"Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
- Saint Augustine (354-430)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: First speculation at S7 Draco Malfoy 05-12-03 1
 RE: First speculation at S7 cqvenus 05-12-03 2
   RE: First speculation at S7 Silvergirl1 05-12-03 9
 RE: First speculation at S7 Boilermaker 05-12-03 3
   RE: First speculation at S7 cqvenus 05-12-03 4
   RE: First speculation at S7 tamarama 05-12-03 5
 RE: Walking the plank....... smrtNsassybnkr 05-12-03 6
   RE: Walking the plank....... managerr 05-12-03 7
       RE: Walking the plank....... bebekid 05-14-03 13
           RE: Walking the plank....... dabo 05-14-03 14
               RE: Walking the plank....... bebekid 05-14-03 17
 RE: First speculation at S7 cincin 05-12-03 8
   RE: First speculation at S7 dajaki 05-12-03 10
       RE: First speculation at S7 AZ_Leo 05-12-03 11
 RE: First speculation at S7 dabo 05-14-03 12
   RE: First speculation at S7 AZ_Leo 05-14-03 15
 Conspiracy Theory Idea AZ_Leo 05-14-03 16
 RE: First speculation at S7 strid333 05-15-03 18
   RE: First speculation at S7 dajaki 05-15-03 19
       RE: First speculation at S7 richmondguy 05-15-03 20
   RE: First speculation at S7 Coconut 05-15-03 22
 RE: First speculation at S7 Kucha_vivor 05-15-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 09:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: First speculation at S7"
I kind of like that idea. I have a feeling that we're going to be getting a LOT of pirate imagery this time. Hopefully that Pirates of the Caribbean movie won't make everyone lose interest in pirates. I do like the idea that each tribe gets its own island. Nice twist.

You'll be next, MudBlood.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: First speculation at S7"
I don't think it makes any difference if they have their own island or not. It's just going to make it suck a little more when it rains and floods. Who cares. I think they should do Survivor: Volcano. Or, since the show isn't about surviving as in, roughing it, but more like surviving, as in, manipulation and popularity contest, they should do Survivor: Homecoming Dance.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First speculation at S7"

they should do Survivor: Homecoming Dance.

LOL, Venus!

I think they should do a Diet Survivor because people who outlast also outlose weight.

Yeah, I know outlose is not a word.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: First speculation at S7"
I thought the Survivor Panama imagery was very cool. Do we know if they have started filming yet?

I don't think they have and this Survivor should make every other Survivor filled with more backstabbing and alliance breaking.

Survivor has been refreshed with the Amazon and now I really can't wait for Survivor 7: Amazonian Aftermath.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: First speculation at S7"
do you really think it will matter? isn't the cast chosen already and the people out there or somewhere getting ready? i thought this was going to be filmed over the summer...

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-03, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: First speculation at S7"
The CBS website says casting was to be done in April, to be filmed in June-July.

smrtNsassybnkr 332 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smrtNsassybnkr Click to send private message to smrtNsassybnkr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Walking the plank......."
Kieth Fan, Great Minds must think alike...I immediately thought of walking the plank, but I figured that would be how they leave after being voted off. Can't you see Tribal Council on a ship in between the two islands...... I also think they may make them swim to their respective islands when they are marooned. That would be a great start, and would definitly set the strong apart from the weak. Talk about marking targets first thing....

I hope the pirate theme will result in 16 "Rob's" out there willing the play strategically, and ruthless. We need a good group of villans for this one!

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-03, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Walking the plank......."
I would like to see something like that--they walk off to a plank and must swim to an island, whichever island they swim to is the one that determines their tribe.

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-03, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Walking the plank......."
Somehow they would have to have a way to ensure that 4 women and 4 men get to each island. Otherwise, I like the randomness in it. I think it would be unfair to have a 6/2 or even a 5/3 split along gender lines to start with because it MIGHT set up gender alliances. Dunno, MB needs to do something different to keep things fresh.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Walking the plank......."
I think gender-imbalanced tribes to start the game would be interesting. Remember NewMaraamu? Pappy and the ladies acquitted themselves quite well against NewRotu.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

bebekid 1621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-14-03, 07:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebekid Click to send private message to bebekid Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Walking the plank......."
>I think gender-imbalanced tribes to start
>the game would be interesting.

Could be. As long as one gender doesn't gang up on the other gender for no good reason. That would stink.

>Remember NewMaraamu? Pappy
>and the ladies acquitted themselves
>quite well against NewRotu.

Pappy, Neleh, and Kathy had been together for 9 days already and had a bond. That's why Pappy survived the TC where Gina was booted.

All I know is MB wants to avoid an all male final 4, final 3, and even final 2.

That said, I would love to see a repeat of the tribal dynamics and sexual tension of the Amazon. They can't recreate it, so they probably won't try. But something new has to be done.

cincin 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cincin Click to send private message to cincin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: First speculation at S7"
I was thinking that somehow they would sink the ship that they're on. We say all that imagery of sunken ships, after all.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 06:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: First speculation at S7"
The ships have a slow leak. There is only room the lifeboat for 5. Toss three overboard, row the remaining five to a merge ship. This ship also has a slow leak, but its lifeboat only has room for one. A completely new way to determine the sole survivor.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-03, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: First speculation at S7"
Come to think of it, didn't they make a big deal about all the sharks? Could be on to something.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: First speculation at S7"
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-03 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

Russian Survivor, "The Last Hero," was played in Panama, but on the Atlantic side. The website is difficulty, links many going nowhere. But here is a brief quote:

Before the debarkation to the island, the heroes they divide into two " tribes ". Now for them one must live together not one week in the severe/cruel competitive fight for the survival. Only two minutes to that are given, in order to take the necessary equipment and supplies from the ship. With all this the heroes must swim to the coast. If something sinks/drowns, replacements will not be. No completion/addition of supplies! Subsistence heroes must obtain themselves. To their services nature of paradisiacal island, with entire variety of its edible, and sometimes also poisonous animals and plants.

Will remain only one! Last hero!

Walking the plank and swimming for it is starting to seem like an intriguing possibility.

SMILES ARE FREE

05-14-03, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: First speculation at S7"
The question I have about swimming to show is when do they get their tribal boats. With each on a separate island they will need these to get to challenges and to TC. The boats could be waiting for them at the island, I suppose. All of the sea maroonings have had them in some kind of craft, even if it didn't hold all of them.

05-14-03, 06:27 PM (EST)
16. "Conspiracy Theory Idea"
Totally off the wall idea but here goes.

There is still well over a month, possibly closer to two, before filming starts, plenty of time to get things set up (after all they got everything having to do with S4 done in 6 weeks when 9/11 made their original Jordan plans impossible). What if the whole idea behind their "announcement" was to get the spoilers speculating and coming up with possible ideas? Then MB and company simply pick one and use it?

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-15-03, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: First speculation at S7"
Long time lurker and Survivor fan.

I do like the idea of the walking the plank, but here is the idea that popped into my head when I first watched the preview on tv. Maybe I've read too many novels and watched too many sci-fi movies and other movies. Feel free to say it seems dumb. I think it may be unrealistic but I think it would make for an interesting beginning.

Start with an individual boat for each tribe member driven by the crew to a different spot on the island where they would be dropped off. This would then force the tribe members to wander around and gradually find the other tribe members. They can't get lost because of the physical boundaries of the island. Leave the box of supplies somewhere (maybe in the centre of the island).

As people find each other, they may try forming alliances even before they even meet the other people within the tribe. And first impressions would certainly be interesting because it would be more one on one (or two) instead of one on eight (or sixteen).

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-15-03, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: First speculation at S7"
I like this idea. Provided the islands aren't too big and filled with mean and nasty critters, this could be really interesting. Actually, mean and nasty critters would make it more interesting.

Welcome to posting! Go on over to the Off Topic Forum and get to know everyone there!

dajaki

richmondguy 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-03, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail richmondguy Click to send private message to richmondguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: First speculation at S7"
Since we're throwing out ideas...
I would love to see some form of seeing the jury interact after they are voted off. I was so blown away by Jenna's landslide victory, I would like some more insight on the politics that go on with the jury members interacting. MB probably would not want to show too much of how they live after they get voted out, but a few confessionals would be nice from the jury. (other than the generic "this is how I'll make my decision on the final vote...")

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: First speculation at S7"

>Start with an individual boat for each tribe member driven by
>the crew to a different spot on the island where
>they would be dropped off.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking, with the possible exception of a map instead of a crew member. Get out of my brain!

Kucha_vivor 4 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kucha_vivor Click to send private message to Kucha_vivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: First speculation at S7"
Ok I like the speculation on walking the plank, but what about after they get there. Maybe they are physically stranded on the island until they build a raft. Then if they don't get the rafts done on time them miss the first challenges and automatically have to go to TC.

Kucha_Vivor

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •