The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

bergdogg 380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-12-03, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bergdogg Click to send private message to bergdogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 02:26 AM (EST)

Jenna did deserve it IMO, since you don't get their by just being lucky. There is some strategy involved, and riding coattails has worked before and will work for Survivors to come. The truth is though, I feel that Jenna won it the second she wrote Rob's name down.

The members of the jury just were not a Matt jury. None of them took him as a serious contender, and I was kinda stunned most of the season that most of us did. He was Rob's puppet, and that was it. The jury saw it my way as well.

-Rob: was never going to vote for his puppet, and as a fan of reality TV, appreciated a good game and desire to win at the IC's over Matt grasping onto his coattails. Matt was to Rob like Amber was to Jerri.

-Butch: The only person who saw this game like most of the spoiling world. looked more at the actions at camp that at the actual game.

-Heidi: Voted for her friend even though she didn't give her a verbal BJ.

-Christy: Doesn't like Jenna, but respects the way she survived the guys at the end. Respect will get you a vote over hatred during the game. Besides, after the game, I believe she realized that it wasn't real life, and that it was just a game.

-Alex: Picked a hot chick over a psycho.

-Deena: Respected Jenna's game and final 3 days, and didn't want to give Rob's lamb the money.

-Dave: Asked a horrible question!!!! Maybe that was his plan, but god if it wasn't!! I have a feeling he was picking Jenna all along, since he spent some quality time with her on day 13.

So there ya go. I think I am right on this. Disagree or think there is more to it, post away.

Minnesota sports: Proving the underdogs can truly succeed!!!
Edited for a stupid error.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... dajaki 05-12-03 1
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... I_AM_HE 05-12-03 3
       RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... dajaki 05-12-03 6
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... DRONES 05-12-03 2
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Silvergirl1 05-12-03 24
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Brownroach 05-12-03 4
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... managerr 05-12-03 5
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... becca 05-12-03 8
       RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... ADKer 05-12-03 14
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... bwolpert 05-12-03 21
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... AZ_Leo 05-12-03 23
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... destrangis 05-13-03 31
               RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... AZ_Leo 05-13-03 38
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... XXX Survivor 05-13-03 43
 Dave's Question was Great!!! Boilermaker 05-12-03 7
   RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! becca 05-12-03 9
       RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! Brownroach 05-12-03 10
       RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! managerr 05-12-03 11
           RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! tspitzen 05-12-03 27
   RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! Pancho Villa 05-12-03 28
       RE: Dave's Question was Great!!! XXX Survivor 05-13-03 45
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... SurvivinDawg 05-12-03 12
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Brownroach 05-12-03 13
       RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Devious Weasel 05-12-03 16
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... bwolpert 05-12-03 26
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... frisky 05-12-03 29
   RE: Rob believes Matt is only there... Boilermaker 05-12-03 15
       RE: Rob believes Matt is only there... Brownroach 05-12-03 20
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... bwolpert 05-12-03 25
 Jury Time DoodleBug 05-12-03 17
   RE: Jury Time tamarama 05-12-03 18
       RE: Jury Time Silvergirl1 05-13-03 32
       RE: Jury Time dajaki 05-13-03 34
   RE: Jury Time frisky 05-12-03 30
       RE: Jury Time Brownroach 05-13-03 35
           RE: Jury Time AZ_Leo 05-13-03 37
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... AZ_Leo 05-12-03 19
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... DoodleBug 05-12-03 22
       RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... frisky 05-13-03 41
           RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... AZ_Leo 05-13-03 42
 Insecurity & social skills mavsfan 05-13-03 33
 RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Loree 05-13-03 36
   RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote ... Brownroach 05-13-03 40
   Jenna: a gracious champion, a whiny... XXX Survivor 05-13-03 44
       RE: Jenna: a gracious champion, a w... Loree 05-14-03 46
 Was Jenna really sick or was it str... CinnaMinnie 05-13-03 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 02:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 02:45 AM (EST)

Rob: Had contempt for Matt because Matt got in this game that he had absolutely no clue how to play. He never thought, and perhaps rightly, that Matt would dare to make a strategic move without first consulting Rob. Matt should have outlined for the jury what his strategy was and how he executed it. Even if it had all been crap, at least it would have given them something to think about.

Butch: Was always out of the loop and rarely thought about strategy, even in his jury vote.

Heidi: No mystery here. Laughed my ass off when Jenna didn't say that Heidi deserved to be in the F2.
Jenna: Rob should be here.
Heidi: But is there anyone else?
Jenna: Alex played really hard, too, and would be a good F2 person.
Heidi: What about women? Are there any women on the jury who should be in the F2?
Jenna: Well, Deena really worked strategy well. She should have made the final 2.
Heidi: I meant young women.
Jenna: Christy was a tough competitor who overcame a lot. She earned a spot in the F2.
Heidi: I meant a young, good-looking woman with a great body.
Jenna: Heidi, I am in the Final 2, you big goof! (rolls eyes)

Christy: At least in the reunion she said she voted for Jenna because Jenna outplayed, outwitted and outlasted her. The purest reason to vote for someone.

Alex: He's a sucker for the ladies.

Deena: She voted for Jenna because she respected the fact that Jenna played the game, whereas Matt seemingly hung onto Rob's coattails.

Dave: I think he voted for Jenna because she isn't as intelligent as he is. Matt has a Cornell education and is mentally and physically threatening to Dave. Dave wanted the last shot in this pissing contest. And what was up with his question? Who thinks about world leaders while they're playing Survivor? What a doofus. My answer would have been, "Well Dave, I played like Margaret Thatcher because I'm female, I played like Bill Clinton because I discarded the truth when it was advantageous, I played like George W. Bush because I was ruthless when I had to be, I played like Ghandi because I spent a lot of time meditating on strategy, and I played like Douglas MacArthur because I kicked ass and took names."

And just a note about the final questions and answers. Mateo is a unique individual. He has always been a bit of a loner, fair in one-on-one situations, but groups make him uncomfortable. Jenna, on the other hand, is a master at social situations. She knew how to communicate to the jury and Matt did not. I think this may have swayed at least one vote her way.

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-03, 03:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
lol at your heidi and dave bits dajaki!

only assessment i disagree on is deena. jenna didn't play the game. deena might have respected her for voting her out, but that's about it. outside of that, as DRONES says below, she voted jenna because she lacks a penis

05-12-03, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I don't think I heard Deena say this during the whole game (sarcasm dripping), but don't ever, ever underestimate the power of a woman!

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-03, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"

Deena was going to vote for a woman in the final if pitted against a male. She was the female version of Roger, just funnier, and more subltle.

Heidi and Alex were a gimme for Jenna.

Butch, was no surprise that he was going to vote for Matt.

Christy is a complete shock.

Rob was somewhat of a shock.

Who knew with Dave. He always though very highly of himself and was probably very resentful of the men turning on his original alliance and causing his ultimate ouster, so it wouldn't surprise me that his vote was more against Matt than it was for Jenna.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"

Did anyone else see through the parchment paper as Rob held it up at TC to see the NA part of JENNA? I knew from that point on that he had voted for her. My DH couldn't believe it.

And Christy was a dissapointment to me.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
Dave's question was truly moronic. I suspected Matt might lose just because he tried to answer it.

The members of the jury just were not a Matt jury. None of them took him as a serious contender, and I was kinda stunned most of the season that most of us did. He was Rob's puppet, and that was it. The jury saw it my way as well.

I'd have to agree with this. The viewers were shown Matt's strategic thinking toward the end, but we spoilers neglected to realize that the other players might not ever see it. Matt didn't play up any of his own strategies at TC and even talked about learning from Rob's "tutelage". It made him look like a coattail rider exclusively -- he didn't even persuade Rob that he deserved to win.

And despite the somewhat negative editing Jenna often received, she was obviously personally popular with the other players. In the end Matt was still perceived as the weirdo loner.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
Dave and Matt were clearly on the outs from the Tambaqui days. It baffled my mind as to how many people were saying on various boards that Dave would vote for Matt. The two of them barely spoke to each other the whole time. Plus Jenna was Heidi's friend.

It's all a matter of quality time with contestants and Matt failed to establish relationships with enough of the jurors.

Anyway, Jenna actually won when she *refused* to make a deal with Rob to get into the F2. She chose to not take the easy way out and try and beat Rob in a challenge rather than risk taking him to the Final 2. So it was really 3rd or 1st for her, I think that move took balls and I'm glad she decided to play to win.

becca 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail becca Click to send private message to becca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
The jury was practically jumping in down when Jenna ousted Rob too. They wanted to give it to her (but well probably would have given it to Rob if he stayed.)

Jenna did have a strategy and it worked. Yes, Rob made all these maneuvers, but you know what (Jenna did need to stab people in the back because she was in the inner core of almost every alliance she was in.) This says something about her social skills and Survivor is a game about social skills. In insider talk with Heidi, Jenna mentioned personal relationships. And, I think that was her whole darn strategy. To develop key personal relationships with certain players.

Rob talked about her strategy, saying she should have ousted him in final 4. (he didn't know about the secret alliance) He then said that she's big on loyalty and has no problem conspiring against those who are not her friends. Rob admitted though that Jenna's friendship strategy got her far in the game. He then went about how loyalty only gets you so far, and Jenna shouldn't be so loyal to him. Honestly, I laughed almost outloud when Rob went on about Jenna being loyal to him.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I don't know that Jenna had a strategy so much as she just did what comes naturally to her. She developed relationships with the people she was comfortable with; she stabbed Deena in the back only after Deena betrayed their alliance; she double-crossed Butch and lost his vote. I thought her answers were very good. I think that Rob, Deena, Christy and Dave could have been swayed. Jenna was right, if immodest, in saying that people assumed she is stupid just because she is beautiful. She is intelligent, although not (yet at least) wise and her answers were intelligent and sincere.

Maybe Jenna was not as evil in her treatment of Christy as Christy indicated when she was angry.

Also, I think that Rob knew that Matt threw the final challenge. Rob's strategy was to have Matt carry him to the final and Matt betrayed him. Since Matt cost Rob $1 million, Rob voted for Jenna.

bwolpert 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-12-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bwolpert Click to send private message to bwolpert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
>>
>Also, I think that Rob knew
>that Matt threw the final
>challenge. Rob's strategy was
>to have Matt carry him
>to the final and Matt
>betrayed him. Since Matt
>cost Rob $1 million, Rob
>voted for Jenna.

I hadn't thought about this angle, but it makes perfect sense. Great observation!

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-03, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
>Also, I think that Rob knew that Matt threw the final challenge.

I think most of the jury knew Matt threw the final IC. At the same time they saw Jenna not take the easy way to the F2 by accepting Rob's deal.

destrangis 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail destrangis Click to send private message to destrangis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I think Rob and Matt were carrying each other the moment they made an alliance: Matt was good with the physical challenges and Rob was good with the strategies. In the IC of the final 4, a strategy game, Rob helped out Matt and Jeff even commented on it, so you could say that Rob did his part in pushing Matt to the final 2. But, when the final IC came and it was a physical challenge in which I think Matt could have outlasted the other two easily, he gave up way too fast, so I think he betrayed Rob and their alliance at that point. Besides, after Jenna won that second-last IC, didn't Matt come to talk to Jenna about voting off Rob instead of Butch?? I was cooking dinner at that moment, so I'm not sure if I heard right, but if I did, it would make sense that at the end, Matt wouldn't make an effort to win the final IC which would have saved Rob. That would make it all very ironic, because Rob betrayed many people, but I think Matt was the only one person Rob trusted in this game. Et tu brutus??

Also, I believe that almost everyone, when they thought about Matt, they thought he'd be a safest player to go against in the final two, even Rob a few weeks ago admitted that if he were to take Matt along, it'd be to guarantee a win, since nobody liked him, even more so than they disliked Rob himself. So, when Jeff asked Jenna, before casting her final vote, what kind of person she would choose to have with her in the final 2, she said that it'd be someone that she couldn't beat easily, when in fact, by choosing Matt, she chose the person easiest to beat in front of that jury. Well, come to think of it, had she played against Rob, she would have won all the same, but I don't think she would have got as many votes.

05-13-03, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
A poll at the reunion show indicated that Rob would have beaten them both had he made it to the final two.

Also, Jenna stated that she said that specifically for the jury. She knew she had a better chance of beating Matt but wanted the jury to believe she didn't think so and give her credit.

XXX Survivor 10 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 10:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXX%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXX%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
Thanks for that insight. Until now, I could not think of one "logical" reason for Rob's vote for Jenna over Matt. However, your theory makes sense. Matt's throwing of the challenge was not masked very well. It appeared obvious, and Rob probably recognized this.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Dave's Question was Great!!!"
As soon as I saw Dave ask his question and heard the answer from Jenna and Matt, I knew that he got the answers that he was looking for. He had said previously that he was going to ask a question and see who talked out of their ass and who actually responded truthfully.

Matt answered "Collin Powell" and couldn't really explain why he played the game or acted most like Collin Powell. He was speaking out of his ass.

Jenna honestly answered that she didn't know who she played like or had tried to act like, and used an example of her mother for playing tough and perserving.

Dave simply asked the question to see which one was going to be honest and down to earth in the response. This is the person that he could relate to. And unbelievably it wasn't the Cornell educated Matthew, it was the swimsuit model Jenna.

becca 17 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail becca Click to send private message to becca Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 11:45 AM (EST)

I sat there and listened to Matt's answer and it was a bull answer. You didn't even understand what he meant. It might be the truth but, okay explain more.

Jenna's answer was good because it was real. The look on her face when she was at the immunity challenge was sheer determination and strength. (She looked really beautiful too, in her Amazon geer.) Her and Matt make a good looking pair.

05-12-03, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
So Dave decided to ask a question to which the correct answer was, "I really can't answer your question."

He's a complete moron. So is Alex. This jury sucked.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail managerr Click to send private message to managerr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
Matt should have explained more, but his answer is right on. His answer fit with Colen's Powell's Action Principle:

"Organization doesn't really accomplish anything. Plans don't accomplish anything, either. Theories of management don't much matter. Endeavors succeed or fail because of the people involved. Only by attracting the best people will you accomplish great deeds.

Look for intelligence and judgment and, most critically, a capacity to anticipate, to see around corners. Also look for loyalty, integrity, a high-energy drive, a balanced ego and the drive to get things done. Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard!"

I.e. Versatility was the key to victory. Honestly, that is how Matt was playing the game, it's not a bs answer at all.

tspitzen 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tspitzen Click to send private message to tspitzen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
Matt should have said someone like Attila the Hun or Gingus Khan, because they both understood the importance having a sharp knife.

Pancho Villa 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pancho%20Villa Click to send private message to Pancho%20Villa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 06:21 PM (EST)

I couldn´t disagree more. Dave's question only showed who he is: an arrogant psuedo-intellectual who is really a complete dork.

Matt got in trouble because his answer was actually good (see Managerr's post above) and the jury was too stupid to understand it.

Jenna's response was better because she hit home on something everyone could feel. She spoke of her mother which was a subtle reminder of her mom's plight and thus Jenna's need for the cash. Furthermore, we all have (or had) a mother and we've all modeled our behavior after her--willingly or not. So, whereas the jury couldn´t understand matt's Colin Powell remarks, Jenna's mother remarks evoked compassion from everyone.

05-13-03, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXX%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXX%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Dave's Question was Great!!!"
On Dave's question, the person who went second would have an advantage no matter what so Matt got screwed in that sense. Of course, the answer probably only affected Dave's vote. I assume the others voted for Jenna for other reasons (as random as some of them were).

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I am not surprised Jenna won. I am stunned by the 6-1 shellacking she administered to Matteo.

I am totally stunned that Christy voted for Jenna. I heard her explanation on the reunion show, and I don't buy it. In a way, this really lessens my respect for Christy; then again, what did she have against Matteo that we don't know about?

I'm somewhat surprised at Rob's decision. After all, Jenna personally booted Rob, after brutally shooting down his overtures for a deal. She undermined all his work.

I am not surprised at Dave. He spent time with Jenna at their little rendezvous, and he was always on the wrong side of whatever alliances were working vis-a-vis Matt.

Denna, Alex, Heidi, Butch-- obviously no surprise at their respective choices.

Apparently Matt was not respected for his hard work, nor was he apparently liked all that much. Maybe winning the car hurt his chances. Maybe his closing speech hurt him. I didn't think either played did well in the Final questioning.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

05-12-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I was very surprised by the 6-1 victory too, Dawg.

Christy's vote for Jenna and her explanation of it make me think that she really didn't get to know or like anyone the whole time she was there. Whatever bad vibes she got from Jenna, apparently Matthew did not make enough of an impression on her to counteract it.

I couldn't figure out what Rob's deal was. He seemed annoyed by Matthew's answer to his question, but I didn't see why he should be. In the pre-vote confessionals, he spoke negatively of both Matt and Jenna. Rob prided himself on being able to read everyone throughout the game, so maybe he was just pissed that Matthew wasn't quite as clueless as Rob thought he was.

I didn't think either player did well in the Final questioning

Actually I thought Jenna did very well and was even, dare I say it, pleasantly surprised by it. She came across relatively humble compared to what I expected. I thought Matt did okay too, but I tend to think that most, if not all, of the jury had made up their minds already before the TC started.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
In my opinion, Rob had a tendency during the game to develop somewhat irrational opinions about people and act on those impulses. I think that's what did Matt in as far as Rob was concerned.

I like the idea someone posted to let the jury vote at the reunion, after they've watched the season. I think it would have changed several votes Matt's way. At the very least, let them change their minds if they wanted.

And Dave and Alex are morons.

05-12-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bwolpert Click to send private message to bwolpert Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I don't think it would be a good idea to have the jury vote after watching the season because then no one could be completely honest to the camera in their testimonials, etc.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
UGH! Memories of BB3, while my S6 wounds are still fresh. Have mercy, people.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-03, 01:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Rob believes Matt is only there because of him"
Rob has no respect for Matthew because he feels that he dragged him to the Final 4 with him and that Matthew never actually performed any strategy to get him where he was. Rob would rather give the million to Jenna whom he believes at least had an original strategy and adapted when the strategy was broken up by him.

I am still pissed she won and felt all Jenna's responses where pagenty (Yes I made up a word) in their hollowness. "Well if I win I will try to make the world a better place by smiling and I will try to save the puppies in the world because they are so cute!" (Or something like that anyway).

05-12-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Rob believes Matt is only there because of him"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-03 AT 11:44 AM (EST)

Rob has no respect for Matthew because he feels that he dragged him to the Final 4 with him and that Matthew never actually performed any strategy to get him where he was.

The thing is, in the pre-vote confessional, Rob said that both people that made the Final 2 were liars and deceivers (or something like that).

Why would Rob feel that Matt was deceptive, if he thought Matt just got to the end due to Rob's efforts? Matt didn't overtly backstab Rob. Was Matt supposed to try hard to win the Final IC so he could take Rob to F2? Did Rob figure out that Matt threw the IC and hold that against him? I just didn't understand Rob's attitude toward Matt once he got voted out.

Edited to add:

Well, the answer is in AnotherKim's thread about attending the finale. She got to talk to Rob and Rob said Matt lost (Rob's vote, I assume) because he fell off the perch. So I guess Rob does feel that Matt screwed him.

05-12-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
>I am totally stunned that Christy
>voted for Jenna. I
>heard her explanation on the
>reunion show, and I don't
>buy it. In a
>way, this really lessens my
>respect for Christy; then again,
>what did she have against
>Matteo that we don't know
>about?
>

I think Christy was offended when Matt said that she spoke with a "funky accent".

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Jury Time"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 02:04 PM (EST)

Does anyone know if the jury can discuss the final two before the final vote? What I'm getting at is maybe there was some campaigning going on for Jenna. Dave, Deena and Alex had a lot of time together to think about this. Maybe Christy was swayed by their thoughts? I don't know. Christy had a few days to calm down and think about her vote after the "evil stepsisters" voted her off. At least the most evil Heidi was gone - maybe that eased her pain....

Just a thought.... anyone know if the jury members can discuss what happend at tribal council on their time off?

Edited for clarification and to say - I'm just trying to figure out WHY some of these people voted for Jenna.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Jury Time"
>>Does anyone know if the jury can discuss the final two before the final vote? What I'm getting at is maybe there was some campaigning going on for Jenna. Dave, Deena and Alex had a lot of time together to think about this. Maybe Christy was swayed by their thoughts?<<

I think they do talk about it -- alot! We saw some evidence when Alex & Christy reacted to Heidi's boot.

As for Christy's vote, she showed throughout the game that she would sway whichever way the wind blew...the one time she had to decide on her own, she wouldn't -- and got booted.

So, flash forward to the jury, and she's back with her first pseudo-ally, Deena.

I was completely SHOCKED that Christy voted for Jenna, but I think it's because I underestimated two important things -- Deena's knee-jerk feminism and Christy's need for a leader.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Jury Time"

Tamara, your insights about Christy are right on! She was so indecisive and that boded well for Jenna. Then there was the influence from others. I do think they had a chance to talk about it when they were together.

It's also fitting that a woman won the Amazon Survivor, so maybe it's the spirit of the Amazon that took over.

I think the editing made a difference, too.

05-13-03, 10:11 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Jury Time"
I agree with you. The jury members were rumored to have stayed in a yacht somewhere along the river. That is very close quarters (this knowledge comes from my extensive experience with yachts )and I'm sure they had plenty to say about the people who were still in the game. Christy didn't do well when it came to making her own decisions about voting. I have no doubt that Deena influenced her.

In the jury members' confessionals prior to TC, Deena stated that Matt had worked his way to the F2 and Jenna had played her way to the F2. That was my clue that Deena was voting for Jenna. Christy would have asked Deena for advice because she is a woman and she isn't Heidi. At the final TC, when Christy went to vote, she sneered at the camera. I took this to mean, at the time, that she was voting for Matt, voting against her evil stepsister. Now I think Christy sneered because she was voting for Jenna and didn't really want to do so.

05-12-03, 11:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Jury Time"
I remember S2 when the Loser Lodge pic was floating about, and one of the losers had stated that when they were all together they were surrounded by production staff who ensured that they would not discuss the vote. I'm pretty sure I remember a quote from Jerri where she said that two people couldn't be alone without one of MB's goons in the room.

Does anyone else remember this? It may help with future spoiling if we knew.

05-13-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Jury Time"
I vaguely remember that after S2 there was some comment made by MB that the jury members weren't supposed to discuss the vote. I know Amber said in a chat or interview that some people were discussing it a lot and she would just leave the room because she didn't want to be influenced by the conversations.

I'm not sure what, if anything, MB subsequently did about it though. I don't recall anything about "chaperones" being assigned to the jury members, but it's possible. They don't know who the Final 2 actually are until day 38, so maybe he quarantines them after the TC of the F3 boot until the jury vote. But he may not care if the jury discusses the remaining players up to that point.

05-13-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Jury Time"
There was also some discussion after S5 that Helen told Ted about some kind of racial slur made by Clay after she was booted. This may have changed Ted's vote to Brian.

05-12-03, 03:53 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
Oddly enough I'm not disappointed that Jenna won although until the final episode I thought I would have been.

What impressed me was that after Heidi was voted off and Jenna was on her own and truly up against it for the first time, she pulled through. She could easily have thrown the maze IC since she knew from Jeff just how close Matt was but she didn't. She gave it her best shot. Going into the finale she was a spoiled, whiny, mess. By the end, she had found her own strength and, literally and figuratively, stood up for herself. That may have been what some of the jurors were responding to as well, especially Rob.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I was actually cheering for Jenna in the maze and then said out loud "why am I cheering for Jenna????". The "alluring" Jenna had me in her spell! ;)

So I am beginning to understand why they voted for her. The longer I think about it, the more it makes sense. Without Heidi, she was actually nice and respectful. She was even doing a little work.... a little. Of course, she was in control as well so maybe that's why she was so nice to the guys. But. She did kick some butt with those final immunities. That would have swayed my vote.

I also agree with whoever brought up the fact that we saw all of the confessionals - the jury members didn't. I think that made a huge impact on the audience's prospective of who should win vs. the players.

05-13-03, 01:40 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
>Without Heidi, she was actually nice and respectful.

Exactly, Doodlebug. Jiffy was trying to allude to this in the reunion show, about how she seemed to come around and grow and mature in the last few days, but he didn't have the guts to suggest out loud that it was because Heidi was gone.

05-13-03, 02:09 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
In her CBS webchat (http://www.survivorfever.net/chat-jenna.html) Jenna is asked if Heidi leaving had anything to do with how she seemed to change the last few days. Her answer:
I think it had to do with a lot of things but I do think it had to do with Heidi being gone a little because she was my support system and my alliance and now I had neither of those left in the game.

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-03, 01:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Insecurity & social skills"
Rob showed time and again that he would hold a grudge, and that he was insecure around stronger males. So it shouldn't have been a suprise that as Matt grew as a player/threat, and then threw the last challenge (costing Rob a final 2 seat), that he lost Robs vote.

The 6-1 landslide points out the balancing act between being a work horse vs socializing.

It seems to me, frequently work horses are voted out early in the game because they fail to bond with the rest of the tribe and in fact often times alienate the rest of the tribes. Butch and Matt were work horses but probably couldn't win.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
I think in the end Rob was the same as he was throughout the game. He did resent the males that he thought were more popular or stronger at the game. He was under the impression that he controlled Matt and Matt was clueless. So I don't think Rob could live with the fact that Matt may win the million. Just like he didn't like to think of the other guys getting the girl, he didn't want them to get the million over him either. So he'd rather give it to the girl that had actually booted him. Rob was still that little boy in the basement at his parents' resenting the boys that did better than him.

How Dave could think Jenna played like she deserved to win when she blabbed the entire tribe dynamics to him at their overnight, is beyond me. Dave wanted to vote for what he called the hot chick rather than the guy in an alliance that booted him.

Deena was going to vote for a female if there was one in the final. And I think she dragged Christy along with this opinion. I really wonder if Deena would have voted this way if she had seen all the "fat pig" remarks by Jenna before she voted? In fact I wonder how many wished they could change their votes after watching the show?

Jenna was like Brian in a way. She could be nice to their face and cruel without reason behind it.

Interesting that most of us thought that Jenna would be the one that would have never given up the family visit for the others. But yet she wins the votes over the man that did the selfless thing.

I believe Matt needed to give a better explanation of his game playing at TC. He tried to hard to be modest. When he should have explained what all he was doing behind the scenes. Meanwhile lazy Jenna acted like she really deserved the win. The jury didn't see everything we did. Too bad.

05-13-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Jenna won the moment she wrote R-O-B"
LAST EDITED ON 05-13-03 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

I believe Matt needed to give a better explanation of his game playing at TC. He tried to hard to be modest. When he should have explained what all he was doing behind the scenes.

I thought so too, Loree, immediately afterward, but now I think even that wouldn't have helped, because the jury simply would not have believed him. Alex was shaking his head at one point when Matt was talking about his approach to the game.

The only people Matt ever strategized with were Rob and Butch (and Jenna at the very end). Rob could surely see that Matt was "playing" toward the end of the game, but it still couldn't negate his attitude that Matt was a spaz, that Rob had been responsible for Matt making it that far. Rob couldn't bring himself to see Matt as more deserving to win than himself. With Jenna, however, he may have felt a twinge of guilt about breaking their alliance, in addition to admiring her determination at the end.

As far as Dave, Deena and Alex were concerned, Matt was just an antisocial, clueless weirdo. They never saw him strategize to do anything, and they couldn't believe he made it to the Final 2. Christy probably wasn't aware of any scheming Matt did either, because it was always Rob who tried to pull her into the vote toward the end.

05-13-03, 10:58 PM (EST)
44. "Jenna: a gracious champion, a whiny survivor"
I'm with you on this Loree. Jenna's attitude in the Amazon came across as selfish, insensitive to others, and over-sensitive to herself. She was conceited and clickish.

In her defense, however, she was a much more gracious champion than "God chose me" Vee or "I'm so smart" Brian. But then I guess most people who just won a million will be gracious.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: Jenna: a gracious champion, a whiny survivor"
I never really liked Brian. But at least I felt he deserved the win. He was The Player of the last Survivor. But Jenna came off as too whiny and thought she deserved it because of her looks. Even the IC she won were often given to her. She was given the win in the machete chop because they wanted to boot Dave and thought Jenna wasn't a threat. Matt threw several challenges. Often Jenna won because others gave it to her. She seemed to float through the series this way. That is why it gives me a sour feeling. I like when the winner seems to deserve it more. Even if I don't like the person. I never liked Richard Hatch either. But he deserved to win. Oh well... on to Panama.

CinnaMinnie 8 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CinnaMinnie Click to send private message to CinnaMinnie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "Was Jenna really sick or was it strategy?"
I think that Jenna had her game going even before Heidi got voted off. She knew that the boys would want to get rid of the gal that would be the biggest threat. I still don’t get why Heidi was looked at as a threat by anyone. She didn’t do well in the challenges; Jenna did a better job most of the time.
So I was thinking that Jenna pretended to be as sick as she was. Perfect – Heidi is now set up as the boot and Jenna can still be her friend. Oh, poor me, I am stuck here and strong threatening Heidi is gone. At the final three IC she is suddenly better. That is just amazing.
Did you see at TC after Heidi got booted Jenna put her head down. At first I though that she was sad. But, then I started thinking that she was happy about Heidi going and did not want to show it.

CM

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •