The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Daily Oklahoma Article about Nathan"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-26-03, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Daily Oklahoma Article about Nathan"
(Wasn't entirely sure where to put this, but I figure Bashers will have the most fun. Enjoy!)

I found this article in Friday's Daily Oklahoman and thought I'd share! The really good stuff is towards the end, but I typed up the whole article. Oh, I bolded the really good Nathan quotes.

Stint on Reality Show leads to Opportunities

Nathan Marlow of Edmond spent 37 days on "Big Brother 4," the CBS reality show which brought together 13 strangers for a summer of seclusion in a house full of television cameras. He didn't win the show's 500,000 grand prize as he had hoped, but can't complain. Come Monday, Marlow will tape a guest appearannce for the show "Yes, Dear" (the episode will air in late October). And he's been hearing buzz about a possible soap opera stint.
"I'm enjoying my 15 minutes of fame, and I plan on using every minute of it," he said in a telephone interview from Los Angeles. "I haven't had a chance to talk to too many people, but I've already got a couple of gigs lined up. And I'm meeting with agents next week."
Marlow, who graduated from the University of Central Oklahoma (and to think, I called you a dirty Sooner!) in May and has been working as a personal trainer for YMCAs in Edmond and Oklahoma City, has decided to pursue a career in the entertainment industry.
But the first week in October is reserved for family and friends ... Marlow will reunite with his family Oct. 1 and celebrate his 24th birthday Oct. 2 in his home town of Ft. Gibson
(and now, the good stuff)
As for friends in the "Big Brother" house, Marlow did make some. But he doesn't count the show's two finalists, Jun song and Alison Irwin, among them. Jun walked away with the grand prize. Alison received 50,000 as runner-up.
"It was devastating to see what those girls were all about," Marlow said. "For Ali to go into the diary room and deceive me like that hurt the most. I could see Jun doing it because she would tell you what she thought up-front. But I can't respect either of them."
So, why, then, during week four, did Marlow use the power of veto and save Alison from possible eviction?
"A lot of people thought that I saved Ali for emotional reasons, but that wasn't it," he said. "My whole plan was to get Justin out of the house. But then she stabbed me in the back by having an alliance with Justin. I finally figured it out when she didn't put him up (for eviction)."
Still, Marlow, who was the show's first HOH and the only person to yse the POV to save someone else, voted fr Alison to win. Jun received everyone else's vote.
"I didn't want to vote for either of them, but "Big Brother" said I had to," Marlow said. "After seeing the tapes, I would have changed my vote to the lesser of the two evils and picked Jun."
Marlow's personal pick to win? Erika Landin, the pilates instructor from Los Angeles.
His favorite moment on the show? Playing "Truth or Dare" during week one. "Those were good times. We were getting to know one another, and nobody was strategizing"
One of the pitfalls of spending the summer in a house with others? Keeping track of his possessions, which included a wardrobe of Oklahoma college apparel.
"Every time I would look for a shirt to wear, I'd have to go to Ali, because she would steal all of my clothes. And she was not a good representation for Oklahoma."

I like Nathan a little more after reading this article. Of course, we're all just stoked an Okie made it on TV. Too bad he turned out to be a idiot who thought with the wrong head. I was right to call him a Sooner, even though he didn't even go to OU.
What do you guys think? I personally love the Ali-insults!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Na... minitroll 09-27-03 1
   RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Na... Violet Nyte 09-27-03 2
 RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Na... munson 09-27-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

minitroll 3901 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-27-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail minitroll Click to send private message to minitroll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Nathan"
"I didn't want to vote for either of them, but "Big Brother" said I had to,"

Bwah! I wonder if Big Brother had to strong-arm all of them into voting? I would have loved to see "Neither" as one of the jury's voting options.

Thanks for posting the article Violet, it was very interesting and I have to agree that I like Nathan a little bit more after reading it.

Violet Nyte 165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-27-03, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Violet%20Nyte Click to send private message to Violet%20Nyte Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Nathan"
lol! "And the winner, by default, is the Mime!"

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-27-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Daily Oklahoma Article about Nathan"
Come Monday, Marlow will tape a guest appearannce for the show "Yes, Dear" (the episode will air in late October).

Hmmm. Mike Booger also made a guest appearance on "Yes, Dear". I cannot understand why these reality TV show Hos continue to believe that the show is a stepping stone to an entertainment career. Because it's happened so often in the past? Not.

Nathan did seem like a nice enough, albeit, very simple kid.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •