So what did you think of the week eight performances by these seven rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?
Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.
1) Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car” (6,8,7,3,1,3,1) Listened to this song in week one or two and enjoyed but tonight I LOVED it. Unlike the Patrice original, I could listen to this song hundreds of times and not be bored with it. That was a rock show and Ryan is a complete animal on stage! Of all the rawkers, Mr. Star has improved and upped his game the most. How can he still be a dark-horse when leading the pack? For me, tonight Ryan put himself into the finale and there may actually be a glimmer of hope for him to win.
2) Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take” (1,1,1,1,2,2,2) Okay I know there has been some Dilana bashing going on but I’m not easily swayed. She is still my favorite with Ryan now being a very close second. Didn’t use the gravel tone and it sounded lovely. Whatever happens in the web episodes is meaningless to me, it’s about the performances. Oh and by the way, the person who comes up with the best funny of what was on her eyes will win a cookie
3) Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla” (10,3,10,7,6,6,6) Ugg kills me to admit that a song done by my lovely Jordis in season one was done better in season two. Being a guy, could have done without the clothing removal but the wifey seemed to like it. Coincidence that she basically attacked me after the Toby performance? Nope and for that I thank you Toby.
4) Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin” (5,6,4,2,3,5,7) Crazy eyes was back and it was good to see! Loved the first part of the song but it did fade some. She did kind of wimp out on a few of the higher notes but who doesn’t with an Aerosmith song besides Steven Tyler? Looked her usual amazing self and love her back and forth with SN. The girl can hold her own against anyone.
5) Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit” (13,4,3,4,4,4,5) Been waiting for the Iceman to not play it safe and dirty himself up some. Well he had the perfect song for that but all I saw was a really good singer trying to sound grungy. Felt forced. Not saying it’s as bad as his week one “Satisfaction” but it’s close.
6) Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing” (8,10,9,12,10,10,8) Like with Z, really happy she got to put an original into the ears of millions worldwide. It’s was okay and had a nice little groove to it. If I heard it on the radio, would probably be into it the first couple times I heard it and then look for something better there after. Decent way to go if it is indeed her swan song.
7) Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done” (3,2,5,5,7,1,3) Left me feeling limp. Very little energy and he did his usual drunk sailor dance moves. For all the criticism Dilana gets for sounding the same, couldn’t the same be applied to Lukas? Not saying I don’t like the Lucky Charm because I do, but he could use another “oh my friggin gawd” performance to keep me on the Lukas lovetrain.
Booted: Zayra Alvarez (2,5,2,10,9,8,4) I really dug the look of Z from the start but the vocals never quite did it for me. I was entertained and glad she did make it this far.
The order the contestants appeared …
Patrice Pike – Original “Beautiful Thing”
Magni – Nirvana “Smells Like Teen Spirit”
Ryan Star – Original “Back of your Car”
Storm Large – Aerosmith “Cryin”
Dilana – The Police “Every Breath you Take”
Toby Rand – Eric Clapton “Layla”
Lukas Rossi – The Killers “All These Things That I've Done”