The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Neuman 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Neuman Click to send private message to Neuman Click to check IP address of the poster
"What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know?"
I've seen numerous posts on the board about Stacy, Dirk, Gervase, etc. slipping up and saying "him" thus giving away the gender of the winner. There have been other posts about other spoilers by Stacy.

Question: since the first seven bootees (Stacy, Dirk, Joel, Gretchen, etc.) left the island BEFORE the jury was selected and I doubt Mark Burnett told those individuals who won (why increase the chance of a leak?), how can they know anything? That is, how can Stacy, Dirk et al be the source of any spoilers since they don't know anything to spoil??? I also read a post that Gretchen "accidently" found out the winner (however that happened...why can't anyone else "accidently" find out like she did), which supports my theory that Burnett did NOT tell the first seven bootees the outcome otherwise it wouldn't have to an "accident" that she found out!

I guess my point is: when Gervase or Jeff are the source of a possible spoiler, then it has some credibility since they were there to the bitter end. But when someone uses Stacy, Dirk, Gretchen, etc. as a source of a spoiler, I don't think there is much there in the way of credibility!

Or am I missing something???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know... Rudyrox 08-20-00 1
   Gretchen AyatollahKhomeini 08-20-00 3
 RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know... Mr Grrr Argh 08-20-00 2
 RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know... munson 08-20-00 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Rudyrox 152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 02:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rudyrox Click to send private message to Rudyrox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know?"
I read somewhere that if the people voted out early WANTED to know then they could be told since they had already signed the non-discloser agreement... I think that Gretchen probably didn't ask and someone assumed she knew and mentioned it to her without thinking about it.

Mary

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-20-00, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Gretchen"
Rudyrox, that's exactly what Gretchen said. She had asked the other contestants to NOT tell her the winner, so she wouldn't have to worry about accidentally spilling the beans. However, someone from CBS told her (figuring that they all knew). Gervase would know, since he was on the jury. And, since they all stayed at the resort, the early losers could pump the newly bumped and the jury for the current status. Everyone (except the three who went home) would have known the final two! Also, I presume Stacy pumped her former buddy Kelly for all the info she could get, so that she could later charge $1500 per quote for her "insider knowledge."

Mr Grrr Argh 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Grrr%20Argh Click to send private message to Mr%20Grrr%20Argh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know?"
All contestants were offered the chance to stay at a hotel for the full 39 days. Three people declined including Gretchen.

This was done so that people on the outside wouldn't be able to figure out who came back early.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What Can Stacy, Dirk, Etc. Know?"
Sonja is the only one of the 16 who claims that she doesn't know the winner. She said that she wanted to watch the show and enjoy it without knowing the outcome.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •