The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

suchalady 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-05, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suchalady Click to send private message to suchalady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I would like to see a "Starting Over" Spin-off that focuses on men. There could be 2 male life coaches (dr Stan as one) and one female.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off EnfanTerrible 11-15-05 1
 RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off susang 11-15-05 2
   RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off EnfanTerrible 11-15-05 3
   RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off VictoriaB 12-12-05 9
       RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off mhb0125 12-12-05 10
 RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off Barbied0ll 11-16-05 4
 RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off sunshinejoy 12-10-05 5
   RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off coolbreeze23 12-10-05 6
       RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off celisabeth 12-11-05 7
           RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off mhb0125 12-12-05 8
               RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off HOBODOC 01-06-06 13
 RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off eire_heart74 12-13-05 11
   RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off Cygnus X1 12-13-05 12
   RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off HOBODOC 01-06-06 14
       RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off JavaT 01-07-06 15
           RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off Kattrikk 01-07-06 16
               RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off lovemydogdude 01-07-06 17
           RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off HOBODOC 01-10-06 18
               RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off Bleye600 01-23-06 19
 Bump mysticwolf 02-07-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-15-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
This has been mentioned before and it's a good idea. They had a good start when they had the couples on at the beginning of the season.

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I am not absolutely certain about this, but I heard there will be a male housemate at some point during Season 3

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-05, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Let's not go there, someone might be tempted to respond by posting spoiler info!

VictoriaB 70 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-12-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VictoriaB Click to send private message to VictoriaB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
>I am not absolutely certain about
>this, but I heard there
>will be a male housemate
>at some point during Season
>3

A male housemate? In the SO-3 house? I hope Lisa's gone by then! Otherwise we'll all have to witness her pathetic attempt to flirt with any guy who's over 13 and still breathing. Yuk!

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
We've already seen the male housemate--Mr. Ozzie!!! Remember?!

Barbied0ll 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-16-05, 11:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Barbied0ll Click to send private message to Barbied0ll Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Oh yes, I agree that would be a great show! Believe it or not, I have my husband hooked on this show. I have to record it to watch it, and he has gotten hooked, he can't wait to get home and watch it now. I even had to save the them until he got back from fishing so he could catch up. Lisa is his favorite, and like everyone else, he hates Allison. Man they need to kick her out of that house.

I have to say though, didn't like the couples thing, couldn't watch it.

Men only though, that would be great! I wonder if any of the men would be a pathedic as Allison.

sunshinejoy 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

12-10-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sunshinejoy Click to send private message to sunshinejoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
sounds good I am just not sure about having a woman around.

coolbreeze23 4 desperate attention whore postings

12-10-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail coolbreeze23 Click to send private message to coolbreeze23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Having a Starting Over house for men would be great. There should be two male life coaches and 1 female psychologist/therapist.

celisabeth 245 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-11-05, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail celisabeth Click to send private message to celisabeth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Here you go, y'all: During Season 1, some of us on the (old) message board did a spoof that's very much along these lines. These are five of the "episodes." There are a lot more of 'em.

1. Men Starting Over (Premiere Episode!)
What if there were a Starting Over house for men?
Starring Flabbio, Joe, and Carlos as themselves:
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1664822

2. Men Starting Over 2
Starring Flabbio, Carlos and Joe as themselves.
This episode: Flabbio has trouble finding his bedroom and Joe is displeased with the house amenities.
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1666350

3. Men Starting Over 3
Starring Carlos, Joe, and Ron the Life Coach as themselves.
This episode: Carlos objects to Flabbio's insensitivity and Joe meets Ron, the life coach.
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1666386

4. Men Starting Over 4
Starring Flabbio, Carlos and Piji as themselves.
This episode: Carlos continues to fume about Flabbio's insensitivity, and a new roommate arrives.
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1666457

5. Men Starting Over 5
Starring Piji, Ronno, Carlos & Flabbio as themselves.
This episode: Piji meets one of the life coaches, and Flabbio's complaints about his bedroom continue to offend Carlos.
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=1666535

mhb0125 485 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-05, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mhb0125 Click to send private message to mhb0125 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
My husband and I talked about this, too, and I asked him if he would do it. He said he would be hesitant at first but if would really, really, really, REALLY help him in the long run then he would do it. My hubby isn't a crybaby or anything but he in tune with his emotions. He was raised for the better part of his life by his grandmother and she made him see the woman's side of things and not be chauvenistic (sp). It makes us have a better relationship I believe.

HOBODOC 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-06-06, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HOBODOC Click to send private message to HOBODOC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Would he participate in the exercises and to what extent?

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-05, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I don't see this happening. Men won't even stop to ask for directions to a mundane location. I hardly see them asking for direction in their lives.

Can men be as insane and vapid as some of these women? It would be interesting to see. I agree that if Lisa was there and who ever had a pulse, she would hanging all over.

Cygnus X1 7505 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-05, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cygnus%20X1 Click to send private message to Cygnus%20X1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Men won't even stop to ask for directions to a mundane location. I hardly see them asking for direction in their lives.

That? Is because we read maps.

Sometimes.

01-06-06, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HOBODOC Click to send private message to HOBODOC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Not all men are hesitant about asking for directions. Most men, however, are hesitant about going out in public in a giant baby suit...

JavaT 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 03:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JavaT Click to send private message to JavaT Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I agree with eire_heart74. I don't think you'll find too many men who are willing to go on national TV (even if it's not prime time), and spill their guts like the women on that show. Wouldn't do much for a single guy's personal life, either -- if I were single and met a former male SO guest, I'd run in the other direction. I think I'd rather see a guy going for help on a more understated level (like one-on-one therapy). Can't really see too many men with a Miss Mabel mannequin in their bedroom, either.

eire_heart74, "vapid" is the perfect word for the women! Banal also comes to mind.

Kattrikk 565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-07-06, 03:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kattrikk Click to send private message to Kattrikk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
This was definitely my first thought also. I can't see men spilling their guts either. However, I also didn't know how emotional the men on the couples show were going to get and I must say, I was very surprised at how into it they got. I also have to admit I really enjoyed the couples SO.

I wonder if there is the right type of man for a SO role. Like you, JavaT, I can't see a man dressing Ms. Mabel or playing puppet shows about their absent daddy. It does provide and amusing mental image, though! haha

lovemydogdude 1253 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-07-06, 04:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lovemydogdude Click to send private message to lovemydogdude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
Not likely that many men would go..unless their wives went with them like the couples show..I bet that's why they went down that road instead. I do know men who are very emotional, don't hesitate to ask for directions and would probly love to sit down and talk with TJ for hours..they could find some to participate but would we want to watch? Not the same...just not the same..not enough drama

01-10-06, 10:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I agree with you and by that logic, no woman on that show should ever get a date and should remain single forever!

Bleye600 7 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-06, 04:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bleye600 Click to send private message to Bleye600 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: A "Starting Over" Spin-off"
I would love to see a Starting Over house with men. My son-in-law would be an excellent candidate for it. He is 23, no job and not looking for a job (I think scared to get one and be out of the apartment). He is more of a playmate with his 2 year old son, than a father. He is addicted to his computer games. He doesn't do anything to help my daughter out. He is up all night, and sleeps well into the day. He keeps the apartment dark, so it's depressing. My daughter has almost kicked him out a few times but it's a very long story but couldn't do it. I'm very worried about my grandson's being watching in the evening's while my daughter works. Starting Over house for men, I say YES, ABSOLUTELY. I would beg someone to help him. I would beg someone to help talk him into getting help because he is also very stubborn. He is also a very kind person and would probably be a good man with the right kind of help.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-07-06, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Bump"

Sigs by Bob, entirely accurate renditions of nature

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •