The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randy - Hand Signals"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Former CBSer 81 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-25-05, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randy - Hand Signals"
Could someone please explain to me the 'gang like' hand signals that Randy Jackson uses each week. The language sucks also. Grow up already. Dawg and the rest of that crap. He is a grown man, act like one. He is supposed to be a professional but acts like a Rap/Crapper. There is a thought, have the AI do a rap crap song. No, Song is to good a word for that BS.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randy - Hand Signals kahanasunset 04-25-05 1
   RE: Randy - Hand Signals DontGetMeStarted 04-26-05 2
   RE: Randy - Hand Signals Former CBSer 04-27-05 3
       RE: Randy - Hand Signals AZ_Leo 04-27-05 4
           RE: Randy - Hand Signals ginger 04-27-05 5
               RE: Randy - Hand Signals DontGetMeStarted 04-27-05 6
               *snort* Breezy 04-28-05 9
       RE: Randy - Hand Signals kahanasunset 04-28-05 7
       RE: Randy - Hand Signals Tahj 04-28-05 8
           RE: Randy - Hand Signals Former CBSer 04-28-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-25-05, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
This is not Lawrence Welk! This is not Mitch Miller! It's not American Bandstand!

It's modern media, GenX/GenY stuff. If you want grown up, try PBS!!!

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-26-05, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
*ducking* (or duckling
I'd kinda like to know what the hand signal is that Kevin Federline is using in those poses with Britney.

My intuitive guess is it means "I got the checkbook" but that's just a guess.

04-27-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Former%20CBSer Click to send private message to Former%20CBSer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
My grandchildren watch this show. How do I explain the hand signals and lack of English language to them. I am certainly not going to condone that slaughtering of the language and I certainly don't like your tone.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-27-05, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
If someone doesn't want their children or grandchildren exposed to this then don't let them watch it. There's this nifty device called the channel changer. I personally make use of it everytime AI comes on. I have even gone so far as to actually turn the TV off, drastic, I know, but it can be useful.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-27-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
If you guys can't play nice, we'll have to separate you.

Here's an abbreviated guide to Randy's hand signals:

thumbs and pinkies extended on both hands - Dawg Dawg Dawg
thumbs and pinkies extended on one hand - Dood Dood Dood
palms flat, hands making wavy motions in air - Big moon over gitche goomie
palms in fists, pumping in air near mouth - The horn blows at midnight. (What? What were YOU thinking?)
both hands straight up in the air - Feeling Ya Dawg
left hand in karate chop - Very Pitchy
hands down pants - Adjustments Needed, or Simply Scratching
elbows akimbo - Back Off, Paula
face down, _____ up - I suspect you don't wanna know
finger in left nostril - Doesn't know camera is on

Hope that helps.

DontGetMeStarted 880 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-27-05, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DontGetMeStarted Click to send private message to DontGetMeStarted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
Wow I didn't know you spoke hand!
I'm impressed Ginger, very impressed!

now I just need run along so I can print this off and sell it on e-bay

gonna make some monneee gonna make some monneee

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-05, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "*snort*"
Ginger funny. *giggle*

kahanasunset 466 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-28-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kahanasunset Click to send private message to kahanasunset Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
"....and I certainly don't like your tone"

That is too funny! Thanks for a good laugh. The last time someone said that to me, I was decades younger.

Seriously though, I have children and they know what my values are based upon my life, my comments, my actions and my viewpoints about things that are on television. It's up to you to attempt to instill, as much as you can as a grandmother, the proper grammar, avoidance of slang and physical gestures in your grandchildren.

My children know how to speak around my parents and grandparents, and at church etc. They understand what grammar and slang to use/not use based upon any given setting. And why do you expect television to fit your values and viewpoints? You're fighting a losing battle. You're missing a good opportunity to compare and contrast communication styles and show your grandchildren a better way in a positive manner.

End of Dr. Phil lecture.

I personally think Randy is kind of funny and entertaining. And he didn't make up the word DAWG. David Grisman did (stellar mandolin player and bluegrass swing jazz musician extraordinaire).

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-28-05, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
My grandchildren watch this show. How do I explain the hand signals and lack of English language to them.

Your grandchildren probably already understand the signals better than you do. If they don't now, they soon will.

My explanation would be that the signals and lack of English stem from the hip hop music culture.

Moves courtesy of Syren

04-28-05, 12:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Randy - Hand Signals"
OK I am laughing now.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •