The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did SNewser know?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-03, 08:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did SNewser know?"
SNewser was soooo cryptic in his message about this week's bootee that I was wondering if he knows more than he's letting on.

The choices are:
1) SNewser had no more clue than the rest of us, and so became cryptic and didn't really guess.
2) SNewser knew it was Christy, but didn't put her down in order to protect a "source".

Just wondering, is all...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did SNewser know? Draco Malfoy 05-02-03 1
 RE: Did SNewser know? SurvivorBlows 05-02-03 2
   RE: Did SNewser know? snoocharoo 05-02-03 3
   RE: Did SNewser know? SurvivinDawg 05-02-03 5
       RE: Did SNewser know? Brownroach 05-02-03 7
           RE: Did SNewser know? dabo 05-02-03 8
   RE: Did SNewser know? Boilermaker 05-02-03 10
 RE: Did SNewser know? Devious Weasel 05-02-03 4
 RE: Did SNewser know? dabo 05-02-03 6
   RE: Did SNewser know? Loree 05-02-03 13
 RE: Did SNewser know? DoodleBug 05-02-03 9
 Speculation On SNewser Source TorMan 05-02-03 11
   RE: Speculation On SNewser Source richmondguy 05-02-03 12
       RE: Speculation On SNewser Source cowboyroo 05-02-03 14
 RE: Did SNewser know? Jims02 05-02-03 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
I'm thinking he really thought it was Heidi. He got all cryptic because, like a lot of us, this season had become so predictible spoiling-wise, he needed something to entertain himself. If you put in "Milkshaky was right" into the box, you got a "separated at birth" type thing comparing Heidious and Legolas from LOTR. And he's right, they do look similar, she's very elfin-like.

I think Snewser just got caught with his pants down, like all but 5 of the Anti-Bootee players.

"What you are doing is the opposite of help."

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
It amazes me how every time he's wrong folks want to justify it as somehow "intentional" or part of some conspiracy. The problem with #2 how does this possibly "protect" a source? ...he's been posting sourced information for a couple of seasons now, IMHO the idea that suddenly this week he intentionally was wrong to protect the source is pretty weak. Here's a better one -- maybe his source was unavailable and he tried to wing it on his own.

-SB

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-02-03, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
Maybe he's just a human being and made a mistake.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
I'm not trying to justify or accuse, so please don't read any evil intent on my part in asking the questions.

My point was this, and I apologize if I didn't explain it very well:

SNewser is frequently ahead of the curve in knowing who gets booted, which is fine. It has often been wondered if he has a source or is just darn good at spoiling.

He knew Jeanne was going, for example.

Now, in the case of Christy, almost NOBODY expected her to go. Blame Milkshaky, ChillOne, or whoever, but Christy was a well-kept surprise.

IF SNewser knew, then getting Christy right might have revealed a source SNewser might not want revealed right about now.

The more likely scenario, of course, is that he didn't or couldn't decide between Jenna and Heidi, put up some early stuff that could be either, then never went back and made a more firm pick.

Anyway, that was what I was trying to say, and I wasn't trying to be bad when asking.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
IF SNewser knew, then getting Christy right might have revealed a source SNewser might not want revealed right about now.

Maybe but I doubt it, Dawg. This week was a real bombshell, why wouldn't he want to shatter everyone's ChillOne expectations by revealing it if he knew?

I was a little baffled about his "caveat about what Milkshaky was right about" post though. It gave me the impression that maybe he knew at least that Heidi wasn't going last night.

I figured that Snewser has the same source each week -- it's been speculated that it's someone connected to the hotel in NY where the bootees stay. But he didn't know the bootee the week that Roger went, and admitted as much. I tend to think he didn't know this week either, and was inclined to trust Milkshaky, but hedged his bets by saying "do you really believe what Ari Fleischer says?"

Maybe he'll post some clarification on Sucks this week.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
The hotel assumption wouldn't have ever helped him at final episode, frankly. I think he digs for multiple sources and just sometimes comes up dry.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-02-03, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
SB- I Agree! Snewser was just plain wrong. Not intentionally - he's not all knowing!

What might have happened is that Snewser believed in the credibility of MilkShaky and didn't even use his regular source. Or his source simply didn't know. Or he couldn't get in touch with his source. Etc. But intentionally - NO WAY!

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 10:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
When Milkshaky first posted he said Heidi went 5th or 6th. It was later changed to 6th purely based on the broadcast date. I assumed yesterday that Snewser was relying on Milkshaky for this one. It could be the case that Milkshaky's source never got updated (or didn't get the update to Milkshaky in time) and as such, Snewser didn't get updated. Considering he gave us Jeanne at a time when no one thought she was in danger, I can't imagine that he wouldn't have given us Christy if he knew she was gone.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
1 with a twist: Snewser didn't have a reliable source for ep 11 and instead relied on what appeared to be a reliable spoiler, and threw the spoiling world an amusing game for what seemed an utterly predictable week. Frankly, without a spoiler, the only clue anyone might have had that Christy was on the chopping block was the editing she had received, particularly the big bump she got during the recrap.

Answer: Snewser didn't know, if he had known he would certainly have said so. At least that's what I think.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
I am sure if Snewser had known it was Christy he would have definitely said so. Maybe at the very last minute. But he would have wanted to prove he knew. This was one of the season's biggest surprises. This is what spoilers live for - to be the only one that knew. You wouldn't hide something this surprising.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
When you "seek the truth", this is the message on his site now:

"Update: Weapons of Mass Destruction turn out to be jet fuel. More at 11...."

TorMan 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TorMan Click to send private message to TorMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Speculation On SNewser Source"
Usually during an episode, after the IC, it is pretty obvious who will get booted; especially if you follow the spoilers on these boards. Last night was an exception. After Heidi lost immunity I was sure that all the spoilers were true and she was gone. I figured all the stuff about Christy was just MB's misdirection.

Which got me thinking, is SNewser's source a media copy of the tape where the TC is omitted. These advance copies of the show are prevalent during the beginning of the season but do they exist all season long?

This could fit SNewser's record of spoiling this season. He did not make a decision on Roger's boot. During that episode right up to the TC it was obvious that everything was pointing to his boot, but all the spoilers were pointing to an Alex boot. So if you had seen everything except the TC would you be sure who was going? Maybe SNewser wasn't either.

Just a theory.

richmondguy 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail richmondguy Click to send private message to richmondguy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Speculation On SNewser Source"
Yesterday, when I was lurking and saw the password "Milkshaky was right" to get in to the Snewser spoiler, I typed it into the "box" on his website. Is it possible that Snewser meant that we should think outisde that box? In other words, look past the Milkshaky spoiler and that Milkshaky was not right?

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-03, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Speculation On SNewser Source"
Actually if you enter the "Milkshaky was right" into the box and get the screen with Heidi's picture, there is yet another box to type in and enter...so there is possibly another screen after that...

Also, after people started getting the Milkshaky was right clue, snewswer posted on SS..."milkshaky was right about what?", so I started trying to type things into the box on the Heidi Picture screen but no look..

Where's Bebo!!

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Did SNewser know?"
Nope.

I really doubt that a correct guess of Christy would prove to the world who his source is (if he has one).

But ya never know.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim
10. "Janet misplaces her granola bar. Granolagate!" -Swami

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •