The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christy's boot fits Nash Theory"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-02-03, 06:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christy's boot fits Nash Theory"
We've talked about some aspects of Nash's game theory, like - if everyone if being a leader, you should be a follower, etc.

Another key view of Nash's theory is to make your own moves based on your predictions of how others will move. The more predictable others are, the better able you are to choose what you will do.

In fact, if your move does not affect their strategy, they won't change their mind, even if they know what you are going to do.

Example - Jenna and Heidi hate Rob. However, they also want to win the million dollars. Therefore, they could see the benefit of allying with him even now. Even though they expect him to try to screw them as soon as he can.

In order to invoke Nash's theory, you have to know what drives the competitors. Example, Jenna and Heidi want to win the $$, but not (at least so far) at the expense of betraying close friends.

Rob wants to win, and will betray anyone.

Butch seems to feel loyalty is the most important thing.

Matt I'm not sure about yet, but I think honesty will prove his underlying motivation, along with the $$.

This brings us to Christy. Unfortunately, Christy was openly ambiguous about her goals at this point. She told us in the confessionals, and she told the other players, she was not sure whether it was more important for her to win the money, or to screw the poeple who had been mean to her. This made her an unpredictable player, and is the reason why they had to get rid of her. No one could plan their own moves with any degree of certainty when a wild card like that is around.

Once everyone's motivation is out on the line for everyone to see, all the players (according to Nash) choose their moves based on what will be best for them. If you don't know the other players' motivation, you can't plan your own move.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Matt SurvivinDawg 05-02-03 1
   RE: Matt PhoenixMons 05-02-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-02-03, 06:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Matt"
Matt I'm not sure about yet, but I think honesty will prove his underlying motivation, along with the $$.

If you read Matt's bio on the CBS Survivor site, you'll see that he has had many adventures in his life. I think his motivation for Survivor is the adventure of it. He didn't really know how to play the game (but is learning), he raced through the bug-eating IC, and he just seems to be enjoying himself out there.

He appears to be a few cards short of a full deck, but is kind-hearted in nature, as evidenced by his sacrifice at the family RC (although he could have reasoned that he'd see his mom, anyway). He's inherently true to his values, which is necessary for living the adventures he has.

That's my $0.02 on Matt.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-02-03, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Matt"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-03 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

Totally agree. And the fact that he 'did his homework' beforehand (as has been said on many ocassions) proves that he is very much trying to set himself up for victory. And, why throw immunities if you're not in it to win it?

And for some reason, I never found him 'creepy' or 'weird' rather I just didn't like the person we were shown in the beginning (and mostly based upon my usually accurate 'first impressions') - he seemed like he's be someone I'd dislike. I don't know, maybe we 'weirdos' just naturally don't find each other weird

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •