This post is a guide for the person who wins the Bonus Game this week. Think of it as a weekly reference guide. The rules will change throughout the season as the game gets a little looser.
After the new episode airs, I'll post the correct answer in this thread, identify the winner, and send a private message to that individual. The winner has until the following Tuesday night (midnight) to contact me with their Payout Table for the following week. They can either post it in this thread or send me a private message if they want to be secretive.
If the winner doesn't contact me with their Payout Table by Tuesday night, I will create the next Payout Table instead.
Payout Table Rules
(These may change throughout the season when we get farther into the game.)
1. Your Table must have a ranking for all the potential rankings of the teams. Use the format that I use.
1st place -
2nd place -
3rd place -
4th place -
5th place -
6th place -
(This is assuming they eliminate a team on Sunday. If they don't, add 7th place on there.)
2. 1st place must be 2x and last place must be 0x.
3. The payout multipliers must decrease as you go down the rankings list.
Therefore, you can't do something like...
1st place - 2x
2nd place - 1.8x
3rd place - .3x
4th place - 1.2x
That would be pretty mean if you did do that anyway. We'll save that scenario for potentially later in the season.
4. The sum of the multipliers must equal the number of rankings. If there's 6 teams left next week, the multipliers have to add up to 6. If there's still 7, they have to add to 7.
1st place - 2x
2nd place - 1.5x
3rd place - 1.3x
4th place - .7x
5th place - .5x
6th place - 0x
2 + 1.5 + 1.3 + .7 + .5 = 6
Think of it as the good payouts balancing out the bad payouts.
5. No negative multiplier numbers. Man, why would you do that to a person?
6. Round each decimal to the tenths-point. No 1.24235245x payouts. 1.2x will do just fine, thank you.
If you follow these rules, your Payout Table will be accepted. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!
A 2003 IceCat original