The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol Individual Contestant and Judge Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-23-05, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
'Idol' Finalist's Band Gets Record Deal

Sat Apr 23, 2:19 AM ET

By The Associated Press

NEW YORK - The band of "American Idol" finalist Constantine Maroulis will release their first CD on May 10, recorded before the singer's fame skyrocketed on the TV talent show.

Koch Records, the label that signed "Idol" failure William Hung, has announced a deal with Pray for the Soul of Betty, the New York band Maroulis fronted before auditioning for the Fox reality program.

Maroulis signed over the rights to his bandmates before joining "Idol," so the self-titled album isn't owned by the show, a publicist for "American Idol" confirmed Friday.

The long-haired rocker is one of six remaining in the contest, where he has emerged as a heartthrob candidate for young girls. Earlier in the season, the show documented Maroulis informing the band of his "Idol" intentions. Though some members then seemed upset about the more mainstream direction, they are now quite happy for the publicity.

"The reason why he's doing `American Idol' is for the band, not for anything else," drummer Hamboussi told The Associated Press Friday, adding that Maroulis and the band remain tight.

"(On `American Idol') he doesn't get the bass drum or the guitar hitting him in the back of the head," Hamboussi said.

Giovanna Melchiorre, a spokeswoman for Koch, said that while Maroulis won't be able to tour with the band, "Legally, I think we're OK."

The record company said Pray for the Soul of Betty draws influences from Led Zeppelin, Soundgarden and Queens of the Stone Age, and "sounds distinctively like a New York City band should sound: intense, raw and powerful."

___

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... okaychatt 04-24-05 1
 RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... seahorse 04-25-05 2
 RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... badger 04-25-05 3
   RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... hunniebunns 04-25-05 6
 RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... browneyedgirl918 04-25-05 4
   RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... okaychatt 04-25-05 5
   RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... EmpressEmmie 04-28-05 9
 RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... angelworth29 04-25-05 7
   RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record ... ginger 04-26-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-05, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
<the label that signed "Idol" failure William Hung, has announced a deal with Pray for the Soul of Betty,

Oh be still my heart. I scanned that and thought at first it meant that Hung would be singing with the band.

Where are the smelling salts when I need them?

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-05, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
LAST EDITED ON 04-26-05 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

I can see a record company that would sign William Hung signing Constantine's band especially with his vocals on the release.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

badger 1273 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail badger Click to send private message to badger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
o constantine, u r so cool i luv u pleez win ai i will by all ur recordz i hope u kik bos @ss

sorry, couldn't help myself

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 05:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
LOL

browneyedgirl918 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-25-05, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail browneyedgirl918 Click to send private message to browneyedgirl918 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
It'll be interesting to see how Connie does without the benefit of sexing his eyes out or pouting his lips. How many are going to want to listen to just his voice? Not that his voice is bad, I just think the majority of his votes are coming from girls who like his look.

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-25-05, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
<coming from girls who like his look

..........and who are too young to recognize a self aggrandizer when they see one.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

EmpressEmmie 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-28-05, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EmpressEmmie Click to send private message to EmpressEmmie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
>It'll be interesting to see how
>Connie does without the benefit
>of sexing his eyes out
>or pouting his lips. How
>many are going to want
>to listen to just his
>voice? Not that his voice
>is bad, I just think
>the majority of his votes
>are coming from girls who
>like his look.

Goto his band's website... there are MP3's of their songs and it's awesome!!! I've pre-ordered on Amazon (and just for the record, the album was #2 this afternoon). Eat your heart out AI. Constantine... like Clay, Tamyra, and other "non-winners" are going to outsell and outlast the "Idol" winners. =)

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"

I just threw up in my mouth a little when I read that.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-26-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Constantine's Band Gets Record Deal"
But how does Betty feel?

Actually, that's not a bad name.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •