The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"GOP candidate declaration & pre-pri..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-15, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"GOP candidate declaration & pre-pri..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-15 AT 07:35 PM (EST)

Just to keep from having fifty one-per-candidate threads as each one declares. If we stop at fifty people running. The touring car is rapidly looking like more of a bus, and I won't be surprised if we get to convoy. With nearly every vehicle in it competing to see which can drive further to the right.

So far, we have:

Confirmed:

Cruz

"Investigating their prospects": have committees or keep dropping hints

Bachmann
Carson
Huckabee
Graham
Jindal
Paul
Palin
Perry
Santorum
Walker

Faked or faking out

Gohmert (suggested, but backed off afterwards)
Trump (he'll really do it this time! seriously! say, isn't that a wolf?)

Wanted by some of the base, but currently uninvolved

Kasich

Doesn't wanna

Romney

(And yes, I know I've probably left some people out. There's just so many...)

We can probably cross some people off immediately. Donald will back out the instant anyone goes for his financial papers: all he ever wants is attention and any possible side dose of grift. Ben is demonstrating a talent for self-burial normally only found in trap-door spiders. Sarah will say anything to keep the money coming, but I doubt she'll commit. Lindsay may be sincere, but I think most of the GOP base is equally devoted to not voting for him.

Next tier up... Ted has no interest in getting the moderate Republican vote: his percentage should stay consistent, and that means no moving through the ranks. (There's an argument to be made that he's running for VP. I don't think he sees it that way.) He and Santorum will battle to the death over the extremist segment, and neither can win.

Michele will toss a few thunderbolts and then blow over.

Bobby's out. It may take a while and I can see him hanging on until Super Tuesday. He may even get a VP nod. But in the current GOP... he's in trouble.

Mike couldn't do it before and he won't do it again.

This takes us to what I see as the more serious contenders.

Scott... the scandals will probably be turned into 'See? No one can take me down!' Perry has probably learned how to count agencies by now. And Rand... is desperately swerving into the right lane at top speed, trying not to sideswipe himself along the way. In the longshot scenario, all three could potentially reach the convention without a definitive majority, and then... well, we haven't had vote-brokering in a while, have we? Fun!

And then we have John. I think we can call John the elephant in the room. No one wants to talk about him, but look at all that space they're making...

---------------------------------------------

The big voting issue as I see it:

They need a few Democrats and most of the independents. Or they need to keep them from showing up at all.

The old Big Tent is a lot smaller than it used to be, and there's barbed wire wrapped around the edges. No surprise, and it's the same way on the other side of the aisle. Most of government has turned into a feather-fluffing match of 'I must be the more patriotic person here, because I'll never work with anyone who isn't just like me'. With the 'like me' definition getting narrower by the minute. The aisle is the line of death: even try to cross it and goodbye. In such a scenario, it comes down to how many of each party's voters show up at all, because no one's going to change their minds. Ever.

So... are there more national voters on the left, or the right?

It's probably left. Slightly. Taken overall. But the electoral college does what it does, and you can't gerrymander states.

So what the GOP may need is someone who can take the barbed wire off. A candidate who can welcome disillusioned Democrats (who do exist) and tell the independents that moderates will not be shut out. There are social liberals who would love some fiscal conservatism -- but the instant you declare yourself as a social liberal to the GOP, you're gone. And it's hard to feel included with those who keep shouting you down.

Charisma, a friendly smile, and a sincere 'we'll find a place for you. Somewhere which isn't a locked basement'. Make people switch.

I thought Rand Paul might have been the best shot at that. Not great odds -- but a chance.

Of course, then he started to run.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 GOP candidate declaration & pre-pri...   Estee     03-27-15       
   RE: GOP candidate declaration & pre...   kingfish     03-27-15     1  
     RE: GOP candidate declaration & pre...   Estee     03-27-15     2  
   RE: GOP candidate declaration & pre...   kingfish     03-28-15     3  
     RE: GOP candidate declaration & pre...   Estee     03-28-15     4  
         RE: GOP candidate declaration & pre...   kingfish     03-29-15     5  
             Carly Fiorina?   kidflash212     03-30-15     6  
                 RE: Carly Fiorina?   kingfish     03-30-15     7  
                     RE: Carly Fiorina?   kidflash212     05-04-15     21  
                         RE: Carly Fiorina?   Agman2     06-09-15     41  
   Let's talk about Rand Paul.   Estee     04-12-15     8  
     And Then He Said   dabo     04-12-15     9  
         RE: And Then He Said   kingfish     04-13-15     10  
         RE: And Then He Said   newsomewayne     04-13-15     11  
             RE: And Then He Said   Estee     04-13-15     12  
                 RE: And Then He Said   kidflash212     04-13-15     13  
                     RE: And Then He Said   Estee     04-13-15     14  
                         RE: And Then He Said   kidflash212     04-14-15     17  
                             RE: And Then He Said   kingfish     04-15-15     19  
             RE: And Then He Said   dabo     04-13-15     15  
                 RE: And Then He Said   newsomewayne     04-14-15     16  
                     RE: And Then He Said   dabo     04-14-15     18  
   Fiorina Enters The Race....   kidflash212     05-04-15     20  
   In the Race...   kidflash212     05-04-15     22  
     RE: In the Race...   Estee     05-05-15     23  
     RE: In the Race...   AyaK     05-06-15     27  
   Huckabee in.   Estee     05-05-15     24  
     RE: Huckabee in.   PepeLePew13     06-02-15     29  
         RE: Huckabee in.   kingfish     06-03-15     30  
             RE: Huckabee in.   kidflash212     06-03-15     31  
                 RE: Huckabee in.   Estee     06-03-15     32  
                 RE: Huckabee in.   kingfish     06-03-15     34  
             RE: Huckabee in.   AyaK     06-03-15     33  
                 RE: Huckabee in.   kingfish     06-04-15     35  
                     RE: Huckabee in.   AyaK     06-04-15     36  
                         RE: Huckabee in.   newsomewayne     06-04-15     37  
                             RE: Huckabee in.   kingfish     06-04-15     38  
                                 RE: Huckabee in.   AyaK     06-08-15     40  
                                     I'm a nut.   kingfish     06-11-15     42  
                                         RE: I'm a nut.   AyaK     06-11-15     43  
                                             A view of Bobby Jindal   kingfish     06-24-15     50  
                         RE: Huckabee in.   kingfish     06-04-15     39  
   Must-watch of the day.   Estee     05-06-15     25  
     RE: Must-watch of the day.   kingfish     05-06-15     26  
   Graham, Santorum, and the Fox Top T...   Estee     06-02-15     28  
   Trump In   kidflash212     06-16-15     44  
     RE: Trump In   Estee     06-16-15     46  
         RE: Trump In   kidflash212     06-16-15     47  
             RE: Trump In   kingfish     06-16-15     48  
         RE: Trump In   AyaK     06-18-15     49  
             RE: Trump In   cahaya     10-13-15     64  
   RE: The Quest To Take Back Somethin...   AyaK     06-16-15     45  
   It's all a formality.   Max_Headroom     06-28-15     51  
     RE: It's all a formality.   kingfish     06-29-15     52  
     RE: It's all a formality.   AyaK     07-03-15     54  
         Lies, Dam<>n Lies, Statistics, and ...   AyaK     07-08-15     55  
             RE: Lies, Dam<>n Lies, Statistics, ...   kingfish     07-09-15     56  
                 RE: Lies, Dam<>n Lies, Statistics, ...   AyaK     07-09-15     57  
                     RE: Lies, Dam<>n Lies, Statistics, ...   kingfish     07-09-15     59  
         RE: It's all a formality.   Max_Headroom     07-09-15     58  
   Rick Perry explains it all to you.   Estee     07-01-15     53  
   GOP cheat sheet   PepeLePew13     07-23-15     60  
   Rick Perry is out!   HobbsofMI     09-11-15     61  
     RE: Rick Perry is out!   kidflash212     09-13-15     62  
         RE: Rick Perry is out!   kingfish     09-13-15     63  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •