The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-14-02, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
So far 3 of our remaining 6 have used the FF. But have they really helped them? K/G used theirs in the first episode out of fear that they couldn't compete with the 20-somethings, but would have probably finished ahead of a couple of teams without it. Then in the next episode they fell to 6th, but have done a great recovery since then. The Twins used theirs in the 2nd episode and were in danger of losing without it. It helped them get a big head start in the 3rd episode but the huge BUNCH waiting for the bus to leave for Aberdeen blew away their lead. They have been slowly falling ever since. T/I were feeling the pressure in Morocco and getting the FF has put them about 3 hours ahead of the second place team. I figure that they finished about 3pm where 2nd through 5th are probably separated by less than 30 minutes centered around 6pm. But will the head start hold to get to Germany? Checking airline reservations from Morocco to get to Munich shows that the best connections are from Casablanca. There are a couple of early flights that leave before 9am that get into Munich in mid-afternoon. Otherwise there are some flights around Noon but the connections seem slower and get into Munich in the early evening. If T/I are able to make one of those early flights it could put them in a good position to keep their lead (at least until the next inevitable BUNCHING point). BTW does Ian hire out for dog training? Sounds like he is practicing on his wife! Terri, COME! Terri, SIT!, Terri, HEEL!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Rac... ulalame 11-14-02 1
 RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Rac... GTmike 11-14-02 2
   RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Rac... kaibe 11-14-02 3
 RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Rac... Bucky Katt 11-14-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-14-02, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-02 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

I would speculate that if the final three are Ken/Girard, Flo/Zach and Teri/Ian as several spoilers indicate, that yes, indeed, the FF helped Teri and Ian. They have been in the bottom third of the teams the entire race, and getting ahead now seems to be a smart move, even if they wouldn't have been eliminated this episode.

Your point is well taken regarding Ken and Girard--that they lost their lead after using the FF, but regained it again, thus reducing the benefit they gained by using the FF. However, it's impossible to know if they would have lost the first leg instead of the Soccer Moms, as Derek and Drew, the other team competing for the FF with them, came in second-to-last. So, the fact that they used the FF at a time they were at risk of losing, by default means it helped them, as they stayed in the game.

Without a doubt, the FF helped Derek and Drew, as when they used the FF, they were in last place, and since using the FF, they have consistently been in the top three.

Team cheerleaders' loss after using the FF is a moot point, as they were so completely far behind nothing would have saved them. With regard to the other three teams that used it, I think they made smart plays.

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-14-02, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
I am surprised at the lack of people actually going for FF. I was glad to see three teams going for it this leg (two actually went). Maybe Andre/Damon will go for it this week???

kaibe 24 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-14-02, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kaibe Click to send private message to kaibe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
Actually... didn't three go? Teri/Ian, JV&J, and Aaron&Arianne?

Umm.. not that it really matters.

Bucky Katt 3146 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-02, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bucky%20Katt Click to send private message to Bucky%20Katt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Are FF's Really a Help This Race?"
This thread probably belongs in Fanatics.....

In TAR there will ALWAYS be bunching - the producers have done this on purpose so one or two teams don't get way ahead of the others thus causing the rest of the race to be boring. As such, I think each team takes the strategy of not losing as opposed to trying to win. As such, the use of the FF is for when you think you may lose and not really about getting an advantage - and if you do get one that is a bonus.

The three trailing teams this time all contimplated going for it as they were afraid that if one of them didn't get it, A&A might be able to catch up to them and one of them would be eliminated. I'll bet doughnuts to dollars that within the next episode Ian & Slave will be brought back to the rest of the pack. To me, the FF is really a one episode "immunity" for teams in the middle of the pack and not much more.

BA

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •