Thatís right, itís that time againótime for a TAR15 PTTE (Picks To The End) signup thread. Just like the last few seasons, I, Max Headroom, will be your game host. And this seasonís grand prize is one of these:
with your very own name on it, along with bragging rights to use everywhere on the RTVW boards. But remember, last yearís champ CTgirl wonít give up her title easily! New players are always welcome, and for new folks who want to play the PTTE game this season, here's how it works:
Here's the goal:
Post your prediction about the ENTIRE elimination order for the season, starting with the first team to be eliminated and ending with the winner. Please put WINNER next to the team that you think will win. Also, put down full team names to start. We don't know the teams well enough yet to use nicknames, so for your first entry, please list them by their names.
This doesn't need to have any analysis, although you're welcome to throw anything in that you want. With any spoiler information available to you, coupled with your own intuition, see how well you can do.
Note from Max: Please DO NOT post any spoiler information inside this thread, as it's in the Fanatics Forum. If you want to talk about spoilers, go to the Spoiler/Speculation Forum and post there.
The game won't close for a few weeks, but all picks made after the first episode begins will incur a point penalty... the earlier you enter, the less points you can earn, so enter early! Remember, the goal is to end the season with the fewest points.
Here's the way that the scoring works:
1) You do NOT want points... they're bad... it's like golf. Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them.
2) Points will be awarded to every contestant in the game after each episode of The Amazing Race 15. They will be awarded as the difference between where you thought this week's eliminee would finish and where the eliminee actually finished. If it is a non-elimination episode, then no points will be scored for that week, and if there is a double-elimination episode, the eliminees will be scored according to the order they were eliminated. For example: If you think Brian/Ericka will come in 5th, and they actually come in 12th, you'll receive 7 points (the difference between 12th and 5th) for that week's episode.
3) You will be given 4 penalty points every time you change your PTTE list after the first episode has aired, but it's only 4 points so change your list if you think it will help you out.
4) If you do not enter before the first episode, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 points per episode you missed. That means that it's possible to join the game after several episodes, but you have better chance of getting a good score if you enter before the first episode. (Last season's winning score was 12 points, including a 4-point list change penalty, so get those entries in early!)
5) You will not be penalized for any changes made before the first episode airs. The four point penalties will come into play after the first episode has started. You have until Sunday 7:45p.m. board time (ET) (Sep 27) to change without a point penalty.
1) A point total will be posted by me shortly after each episode. I will try to get these up as soon as I can.
2) After the first show has aired, please do not edit your post to make changes. Just make a new post if you want to change your PTTE. If my computer crashes, it's the only proof I have of your changes.
3) This season I will post a few tiebreaker questions in the event of
ties at the end of the season. These are important, as tiebreakers decided last seasonís winner! More information to follow.
Here are the teams!
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ for CBS biographies
Good luck to everyone!