The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor 6 = Mole 2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-03, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor 6 = Mole 2"
I was just curious what everyone has thought about this season of spoiling...

I remember back when Mole 2 was on, the producers put in MANY, MANY, and our message board quickly figured out that Bill is the mole. By Episode 4 of the 10+ episode season we had it figured out. I remember that some people (like me!) "held out," not wanting to believe it, because then the show would be too predictable.

Does anyone feel the same way about this season's spoiling? I mean, yeah, we want to figure out the upcoming boots, but I feel like we've been handed too much on a silver platter. It's making me wonder whether we would have nailed the Alex boot or not without CO, BostonGuy, et al.

(Ah, ignorance IS bliss!)

What do you think? Just something I was thinking about.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2 Cathy the Canadian 04-25-03 1
 RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2 zzz 04-25-03 2
 RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2 Boilermaker 04-25-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-03, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2"
I know what you mean Jims02.

I was one of the few that voted for Rob this week (me and Brownroach out on a limb!), but I think it was to feel like I was spoiling as much as anything else.

Having such clear spoilers defeats the whole purpose of this board. What will we talk about in spoilers for the rest of this season?

zzz 703 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-03, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zzz Click to send private message to zzz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2"
This is a recurring debate that I have seen on the spoiling board since I think the days of elipsiiis (and maybe even before that). I think what people really want is more of a puzzle or mystery novel that can be figured out if you follow the right clues. Instead, we just get handed an answer sheet someone stole from the teacher's office with most of the answers already filled in. Sure, you get the right answer more often, but it is not as much fun. For a while people may debate whether the answer key is genuine, but eventually if it becomes clear it is genuine, there is no more spoiling to do.

Either way, this level of spoiling does not seem to have hurt ratings, so I don't think MB really cares anymore. He seems to be past worrying about spoiling. This seems consistent with his shift this season to showing more negotiations during the episode to make the boot pick very clear by tribal counsel. I really like this new editing approach much better myself. I like seeing how the boot choice was made better than just being surprised by the boot.

The bottom line is, if you don't want to know, don't come here.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-03, 10:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor 6 = Mole 2"
Damn - I thought this thread was to discuss how Alex was a mole planted by Mark Burnett and offered a deal that he could be on the show, but he had to manipulate the strategy of the game and he couldn't win. Part of the whole Belly controversy. Well maybe we can leave that for another thread.

Yes I hate knowing exactly how it will all work out. I approach this as a mystery novel and without CO or another reliable source there is 0% chance that we would have known that Alex went this episode. Well maybe weight loss spoilers would have given a scant bit of evidence - but Jenna and Christy would have been candidates too then.

And I understand that if I don't want to read about this insider info that I shouldn't come to the boards. But I still love strategizing with everyone on how we think it all goes down. The discussions really make me think of how people in every part life think. It is very interesting and is a sociology and psychology experiment right in front of our eyes. So the rest of the year's spoiling is going to be boring, and I am not happy about it, but I don't blame anyone for it. And I am already anticipating Survivor 7.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •