The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
ON THE NEXT EPISODE

Matthew makes an incredible sacrifice so that others can be given the opportunity of a lifetime. But the newfound respect Matthew enjoys makes Rob rethink his new alliance.

Still stung by Rob's betrayal of the alliance, an enraged Jenna tells the entire tribe about Rob's secret plans, revealing his strategies to everyone. Will Jenna's revelations turn the tribe against Rob?

Feeling ostracized and betrayed, Jenna and Heidi refuse to help out around camp. Will this put the final nails in their coffins?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... djandy 04-25-03 1
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... LilNik8 04-25-03 2
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... tamarama 04-25-03 17
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... AZ_Leo 04-25-03 20
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... cowboyroo 04-25-03 3
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Loree 04-25-03 9
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... tamarama 04-25-03 12
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... DoodleBug 04-25-03 16
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... snoocharoo 04-25-03 23
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... DoodleBug 04-25-03 27
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... tribephyl 04-25-03 4
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... PepeLePew13 04-25-03 5
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Bebo 04-25-03 6
       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... VerucaSalt 04-25-03 7
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... snoocharoo 04-25-03 10
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... bananne81 04-25-03 13
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... snoocharoo 04-25-03 15
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... DoodleBug 04-25-03 18
                       RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... snoocharoo 04-25-03 19
                           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... cqvenus 04-25-03 24
                               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... snoocharoo 04-25-03 26
                   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... KDMaxx 04-28-03 46
           RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... chillinmcmillan 04-27-03 31
               RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... jsanb 04-29-03 49
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Loree 04-25-03 11
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... tamarama 04-25-03 14
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... samboohoo 04-25-03 8
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Boilermaker 04-25-03 21
 RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Cin 04-25-03 22
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... VerucaSalt 04-25-03 25
   RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sou... Brownroach 04-28-03 44
 OK, so what does everyone now think... Chez 04-27-03 28
   Heidi gives up immunity? barrymore 04-27-03 29
       RE: Heidi gives up immunity? VerucaSalt 04-27-03 30
       RE: Heidi gives up immunity? chillinmcmillan 04-27-03 32
       RE: Heidi gives up immunity? DoodleBug 04-28-03 33
           RE: Heidi gives up immunity? Loree 04-28-03 34
 Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" lovetowatch 04-28-03 35
   RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" VerucaSalt 04-28-03 36
       RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" Devious Weasel 04-28-03 38
           RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" frisky 04-28-03 39
               RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" Devious Weasel 04-28-03 41
           RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" lovetowatch 04-28-03 42
               RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" Devious Weasel 04-28-03 43
   RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" frisky 04-28-03 37
       RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" VerucaSalt 04-28-03 40
           RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" cowboyroo 04-28-03 45
               RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes" KeithFan 04-30-03 51
 Current CBS Poll (for what it is wo... AZ_Leo 04-29-03 47
   RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it i... Devious Weasel 04-29-03 48
       RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it i... VerucaSalt 04-29-03 50
           RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it i... DoodleBug 04-30-03 52
               Glass of wine=Sour Grapes Chez 04-30-03 53

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-25-03, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
So what else is new. Jenna and Heidi have never helped around the camp (unless it was washing buffs and undies).

LilNik8 195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LilNik8 Click to send private message to LilNik8 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
>ON THE NEXT EPISODE
>
>Matthew makes an incredible sacrifice so
>that others can be given
>the opportunity of a lifetime.
>But the newfound respect Matthew
>enjoys makes Rob rethink his
>new alliance.

***This signals to me that he possibly sits out of the reward challenge because he knows that it would give the others, especially the girls a better chance at being able to be close to a member of their family. Do you think that Jiffy may pull the ol bring your family back for the immunity challenge like he did last season? Rob obviously starts to realize that he is no longer running the show. He was on the outside of the old alliance and he's on the outside of this one too.***

>Still stung by Rob's betrayal of
>the alliance, an enraged Jenna
>tells the entire tribe about
>Rob's secret plans, revealing his
>strategies to everyone. Will Jenna's
>revelations turn the tribe against
>Rob?

***Oh boohoo. I actually laughed at the preview when Jenna said that Rob didn't care about anyone but him self...um DUH. That's what the game is all about. It's not about making buddies with everyone and ho hum who cares who wins the money as long as we all come out buddies in the end!! Jenna's going to be telling them things that they already know about Rob so basically all it's going to do is get him the boot after HOdei.***

>Feeling ostracized and betrayed, Jenna and
>Heidi refuse to help out
>around camp. Will this put
>the final nails in their
>coffins?

***Wait they worked before? I think mainly the Heidi boot is to split up their friendship as well as pick off the ones that were going to pick them off. Personally, I would have chosen Jenna first.***

Nicole
Go Heels!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-25-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Rob obviously starts to
>realize that he is no
>longer running the show. He
>was on the outside of
>the old alliance and he's
>on the outside of this
>one too.***

Let's hope he starts to see this. He's done some incredibly smart things, and some incredibly stupid things.

Hooking up with B/C/M was very smart, 'coming clean' with Matt was very smart, but the way he hooked up was not very smart. Did he talk to Butch at all? And he didn't sound to me like he was committing to the Misfits beyond the one vote.

Did anyone catch, I can't remember exactly how he phrased it, in his conversation with Christy I got a strong impression that he wants to go back to the brothel after the last cute boy is gone.

Rob needs to really committ to his new alliance, and also try to come up with a F2 alliance. I think his biggest problem now is the 3 other Misfits are ALL more likeable than Rob.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-25-03, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-03 AT 01:14 PM (EST)

>Did anyone catch, I can't remember exactly how he phrased it, in his conversation with Christy I got a strong impression that he wants to go back to the brothel after the last cute boy is gone.

I saw that too. He seemed to emphasize that it's Alex they are voting off, not the others. I think he is still hoping for his threesome.

Also, this is the first time Heidi and Jenna have been on their own without someone else to lead them: Deena in Jabaru, Dave in Tambaqui, Deena then Alex in Jacare. Maybe Rob is hoping to step into that role but they latch onto Matthew instead.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-25-03, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Matthew makes an incredible sacrifice so that others can be given the opportunity of a lifetime. But the newfound respect Matthew enjoys makes Rob rethink his new alliance.

Matthew throws another challenge. I don't think they're allowed to not participate, so its most likely something physical that the others wouldn't have had much of a chance of winning. Possibly Rob ends up winning the challenge thus creating havoc with Jenna back at camp for both ruining their plans for Final 4 and for having her miss opportunity with family. Rob probably planned on taking Matthew to F2 with him, but now fears Matt will win jury vote.

Still stung by Rob's betrayal of the alliance, an enraged Jenna tells the entire tribe about Rob's secret plans, revealing his strategies to everyone. Will Jenna's revelations turn the tribe against Rob?

Misdirection. Not yet! Smart Rob for spilling the beans first. Also, funny how Jenna can consider calling any one selfish, considering Christy won no items until the letter at the RC, etc, etc, etc on Jenna being selfish.

**Note, I think the combo of the two above blurbs lead to Rob reconsidering taking Matt to F2 and trying to find a way to keep Jenna around to F2 instead.

Feeling ostracized and betrayed, Jenna and Heidi refuse to help out around camp. Will this put the final nails in their coffins?

Yep. Heidi, this episode; Jenna in the final vote.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 10:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
I think Jeff made a huge mistake changing the rules so Jenna had a chance to get her letter. Jenna should have had to give Christy her food or money then. Jenna showed her selfish side big time when she got her letter and still complained about Christy back at camp. If Jenna wins I don't see the viewers being very happy.

04-25-03, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Agree --

If I had been there when she was griping about Christy getting the letter I would have smacked her. And then the preview shot of her telling Rob HE'S only thinking of himself.

Jenna is really being shown as a selfish snot right now, even considering her mom's illness. I'd like to know if EPMB was actually trying to redeem her with the coverage of her mom, or if he's throwing it in there for a chuckle because she's so nasty that even a sympathy storyline won't make her more likeable. Yeecchh!

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Jenna's reaction last night reminded me of my two year old crying when I say "no, you can't have a cookie". Looks as if she cries to get her way and it's still working!! I'm sure she's worried about her mom, but as someone else said on this board, don't go away for 30+ days on Survivor then! Ok, enough of my rant....

I think Matt may win the reward challenge and give it away (he's almost too competitive to not compete) OR it gets right down to the wire and he "hands it over" so to speak. Does anyone think he purposefully LOST immunity last night to Rob?

And if we assume the next predicted boots are correct, why Heidi????? I would pick Jenna in a heartbeat over Heidi... unless Jenna wins immunity and they are forced to pick Heidi.

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Maybe jenna wins IC and heidi-ho gets the vote by default.

I recently found out through Krautboy and BrownRoach that another very highly respected memeber of the spoiler community (MilkShaky) has solid info in heidi being booted in 11.

"Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness"

04-25-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Well, yeah, I know all about the Milkshaky spoiler. I've known that a LONG time... I'm just questioning their reasoning. I'm done spoiling the outcome of the show... Now I'm working on spoiling the reasons behind the outcome. KWIM? Gotta make it a little interesting.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""

Sounds like Matthew doesn't win the Reward, probably gives it away at the end. Also that it must garner some respect from Heidi and Jenna.
But to whom would Rob run to if he "rethinks" his alliance. Unless he's trying to patch things up with H/J. He has nowhere to run, except back to M/B/C. Me thinks he stays right where he's at.
Especially after...

The previewcaps of Jenna's tirade, have this event on day 32. After RC. Which leads to Rob telling J/H to go ahead and write his name down "tomorrow night". My thoughts are, 'good thing he just outed himself to Matt' or Jenna's tirade would have had a different effect. Rob definately feels vulnerable, but he will be saved by Matt/Butch/Christy, at least for now.

Finals for one.
Coffin for the other.

tribephyl

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 07:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""

>Matthew makes an incredible sacrifice so that others can be given
>the opportunity of a lifetime. But the newfound respect Matthew
>enjoys makes Rob rethink his new alliance.

What if Matthew wins and gives it away or allows someone else to win the family reward challenge... like Jenna? Maybe Jenna's mom comes out and Matthew is soft-hearted enough to let Jenna win and spend time with her? I know it's a reach... but it'd cause Rob to rethink about whether Matthew is developing some sort of bond with Jenna. If it was anyone else (other than Heidi), what would make Rob rethink his alliance?

>Still stung by Rob's betrayal of the alliance, an enraged Jenna
>tells the entire tribe about Rob's secret plans, revealing his
>strategies to everyone. Will Jenna's revelations turn the tribe
>against Rob?

They're asking this question openly... so it's not going to happen in the next episode - but in keeping with the editing pattern thus far, it'll come to bite Rob on the butt in Episode 12.

>Feeling ostracized and betrayed, Jenna and Heidi refuse to help
>out around camp. Will this put the final nails in their coffins?

This also increases Matthew's chances of winning that much more as Rob won't vote for Jenna after what is going to happen in this episode and no time on the jury to make-up.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 08:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
This also increases Matthew's chances of winning that much more as Rob won't vote for Jenna after what is going to happen in this episode and no time on the jury to make-up.

Not necessarily. Matthew promised Rob he wouldn't betray him, and made a big deal about the significance of the promise. If Rob blames Matteo for his ouster, I could see him voting for anyone instead of Matt out of spite. It wouldn't be the first revenge vote cast at a TC.

I just keep thinking back to S1, where at this point I was sure that Sue would have voted for Kelly over Richard, but we all know how that turned out. If Rob feels like Matt betrayed him, he'd vote for Jenna.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Well we are definitely seeing Matt slowly emerge into the likeable, if not strange person who the audience will be okay bout winning.

Last night I actually was proud of him - go figure

Whatever Matt does (which really isn't important) makes Rob second guess as to whether Matt is a good final two partner. Rob as we know is not stupid and Matt with his strangeness etc would be someone Rob could sit with and potentially win. He knows that H/J will not vote each other off so why even bother wondering about taking one of them, that would mean he could potentially get screwed to even get to the final two.

Now with Matt's new found likeability/respect he ain't looking so bad now. In addition, Rob really was and is only fourth with either of those two teams, The Beautiful People vs. The Misfits. He went with the Misfits probably b/c he figures he could out manipulate them. Matt apparently does know Rob is a devious little monkey and no doubt Butch and Christy (NOTE: every confessional comment Christy makes SHOWS how observant and smart she really is)

Let's face it, most of the teasers this week is all crap. Heidi is probably going to go b/c Jenna wins immunity or something like that. Jenna or Heidi are the victims and we know Jenna isn't. Isn't May 1 when Heidi is supposed to leave?

04-25-03, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Pepe and veruca...get out of my brain!!!!

Matt will win the RC and likely give it away. He will put on the hero hat and Rob will squirm like a worm on a hook because maybe now Matt ISN'T so creepy. Maybe Matt is actually a genuine, caring individual who by this sacrifice, his hard work around the camp and his hanging on by a thread in the game has rendered him undefeatable in the end game. Naturally paranoia boy Rob realizes that he screwed himself by jumping alliances and stands no better than 4th (again) in the misfit alliance.

Rob however saved himself and made a shrewd and cunning choice by approaching Matt as a man, coming clean about the game play and being straight up about strategy. Rob will kept around for 1 more episode because not for nothing, he saved Matt and Matt owes him. This is a recipricol relationship and inspite of Jenna's tirade Rob will stay and Heidi Ho will leave. I'm sure going to be crying in my beer that night....NOT!

Christy is an incredibly observant and insightful person, years of living in her silent world have given her a power of preception that I'm sure has not gone unnoticed.

bananne81 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-03, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bananne81 Click to send private message to bananne81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
I don't think Christy is too insightful---did you see some of her answers to the questions last night? I can't remember the details but I thought she put Rob as the most trustworthy person in camp---that's just crazy.

04-25-03, 11:12 AM (EST)
15. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
I believe there is a method to that madness.

04-25-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
18. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
That looked like to me that Christy was saying to Rob, I trust you. No matter what happens, I'm voting WITH you tonight, not against you.

04-25-03, 11:30 AM (EST)
19. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
I agree doodlebug, that was a clear signal from Christy.

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
yeah i also agree.

christy knows her sh1t. i can tell from her confessionals.

i wish she'd win. i'm sad she won't.

04-25-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
26. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
don't fret my friend because you just never know. no one (except Snewster) picked a Vee win and look what happened.

KDMaxx 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-28-03, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KDMaxx Click to send private message to KDMaxx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Remember that the challenge was to guess who received the most votes from the other tribe members. Christy might have been thinking that most of the others did not realize all the coniving that Rob is doing and would therefore actually consider him honest.

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-27-03, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
"He knows that H/J will not vote each other off so why even bother wondering about taking one of them, that would mean he could potentially get screwed to even get to the final two."

Don't be too sure about this, just remember season 2, what the hell was Colby thinking taking Tina with him, that was the dumbest move ever, no one really like Keith that much. Colby would have beaten Keith for sure, so don't rule out Matt taking Jenna because he's a nice guy like Colby.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 05:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Are you kidding me????

Matt hates Jenna, and all that she represents and has ALREADY stated of and likes Butch- please see the ad nauseem footage of those two fishing.

If Matt or Jenna wins F#, they pick the other instead of Butch since Butch is the honest nice old guy everyone likes and would not want to be matched up against.

There is nothing nice about Matt picking Jenna or vice versa, it would be 100% game play strategy.

Peanut Butter Jeff
A Disciple of Nash

04-25-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""

>
>
>>Still stung by Rob's betrayal of the alliance, an enraged Jenna
>>tells the entire tribe about Rob's secret plans, revealing his
>>strategies to everyone. Will Jenna's revelations turn the tribe
>>against Rob?
>

Does Jenna even know all of Rob's secret plans? She certainly didn't know he planned to vote out Alex. What exactly is she going to tell? Is she going to tell Matt that Rob is using him and laughing at him behind his back?

04-25-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
14. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
>What if Matthew wins and gives
>it away or allows someone
>else to win the family
>reward challenge... like Jenna?

I sure can't see Matt giving Jenna anything -- he was ticked at her for being upset with Christy over the letter -- he said, very nicely, that Christy deserved that letter. It was an interesting confessional.

The 'Misfits' were certainly shown to be more aware & astute than many have given them credit for. Particularly Matt & Christy. Matt may have started as the student, but he has learned quickly, and he has more emotional maturity and life experience than Rob, which is why he will be quite formidable now that Rob has 'come clean'

I do wonder, however, how 'clean' Rob actually came in that conversation...

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
If Matt does throw the challenge, it wouldn't be the first time. We know he threw the bow and arrow challenge. And last night, I believe he deliberately let Rob win immunity -- maybe to test Rob. They were tied and the final question was "Who do you have a crush on? Matt answered with his own name, please.

The teaser also refers to "opportunity of a lifetime." I wonder if the reward involves visit from family member and a little day trip somewhere or something. Hasn't Matt done a bit of traveling in his life? I can see him giving up something like that. Also, I can see him giving Christie a chance to experience something, especially after his comments about Heidi and Jenna's selfisness last night.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
Could Rob seeing that Matthew and Butch have an alliance try to make a Final 2 alliance with Christy. This reminds me of the Christy spoiler that stated that she had an alliance for the Final 2, but it didn't work out. Maybe Jenna wins Immunity at Final 5 and causes a shift in everyone's plans. Rob goes creating CO's Final 4. Then Christy is voted off next with another Jenna IC win. Then either Matt wins Final 3 IC and decides to take Jenna, or Jenna wins agains. This would create CO's Final 2.

Also I agree with the thought that Matt is being redeemed now as the likeable winner. And Jenna is being edited now as a sore loser, that doesn't work hard, relys on her body to get her places, and is really only out there for herself and her bosom buddy Heidi (Pun intended). Matt wins S6!

Cin 843 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-25-03, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cin Click to send private message to Cin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""

The best part about this statementis Jenna and Heidi will finally get to see how they have made everyone else feel!

Cin

04-25-03, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
I completely feel that Christy is much more observant than the audience was led to believe. Some of her confessionals were dead on. Perfect example when she discussed Rob coming to them. She even said is this Rob playing us? I also found it extremely interesting her commentary about Alex b/c I did not think she had such intense negative feelings about him. She surely must have watched his actions big time. I figured only her animosity was more towards the girls.

Matthew clearly has also shown us he knows what Rob does. His only naivete was that he believed Rob as far as THEIR relationship went. I think that when it is Rob's turn to get booted it will in fact be because Rob does something that clearly shows Matt that Rob is being cunning on HIM now and that his whole spiel about coming clean and being an alliance with them (and really indirectly just he and Matt) is all bull. B/C/M will no doubt get rid of him because of something Rob does.

The great thing about this season now is that The Misfits are indeed the true "underdog" rising up. The look of sheer pleasure on Christy's face at TC was awesome.

I love the teaser about them H/J not working. When DID they work? And the psychology of H/J over The Misfits. The Misfits knew they were in the minority so they HAD to work around camp harder. H/J know they are in the minority so what do they do say screw you. Tsk tsk.

Matt's situation reminds me a little of Kathy's where he has been in danger so many times, was considered somewhat overbearing, settled in to take the heat off himself, crucial immunity win(s) (still more IC's coming) was an integral part in destroying a powerful alliance and became a likeable "character" if not a little wacked.

The difference between the two is that Matt will probably be in the scenario in the final three where he'll be the one to advance because HE chooses the best final two partner (Jenna) to WIN as opposed to Kathy who got screwed b/c Vee and Neleh recognized that Kathy would win if she goes to final two.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: See BS Misdirection Ep 11: "Sour Grapes""
The best part about this statementis Jenna and Heidi will finally get to see how they have made everyone else feel!

Actually, that might sail right over their empty heads.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-03, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "OK, so what does everyone now think of the title "Sour Grapes""
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-03 AT 05:51 PM (EST)

There were some ideas before about this title "Sour Grapes". The fable as I recall has something to do with an animal or bird that discovers they can't reach the grpaes they were eyeing, and then they state the grapes were sour anyway.

Now that we have a much better idea of the context and the previews of the episode, what does everyone think the title refers to? Maybe one or more players (Heidi?) realizing they can't win, so they state they never wanted to anyway, and try to quit?

barrymore 42 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-03, 07:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail barrymore Click to send private message to barrymore Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Heidi gives up immunity?"
I trust Milkshaky that Heidi is going this week. But after watching the previews why would they want to keep Jenna over Heidi. Jenna is a whiner and extremely annoying. What if Heidi wins immunity and tries to protect Jenna by giving it up? Just a thought.

04-27-03, 07:40 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Heidi gives up immunity?"
It may just be simply that Heidi is more of a threat than Jenna in their eyes; remember the majority thought Jenna couldn't surive on her own, I don't think they consider her a player to worry about in terms of survival, perhaps.

chillinmcmillan 44 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-03, 08:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail chillinmcmillan Click to send private message to chillinmcmillan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Heidi gives up immunity?"
I don't see why anyone in their right mind would give up immunity, no matter how strong of a bond you have with someone. It would just be retarded to do.

04-28-03, 11:26 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Heidi gives up immunity?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-03 AT 11:27 AM (EST)

That's an interesting thought because why would they bring this option of giving up immunity back this season if it were never used? It was never used before.

If Heidi does give up immunity, then everyone will see what a stupid idea that is because she'll get the boot!

IF Heidi wins immunity, she could be thinking two things....

1. Well, it's either this week or next week that I go. My alliance is shattered, and I'm a deadman walking. Might as well give my immunity to Jenna because she's my friend and needs the money more than me.

2. Screw everyone else! I'm a poor teacher with student loans. I need this money just as much as everyone else. I'm keeping my hard earned immunity and staying for 3 more days!

According to spoilers, we are pretty confident that Heidi leaves this episode. So I don't think she wins immunity. And if she does win immunity, I think she will be selfish and thinking more along the lines of #2. So....

My answer is nope. She won't give it up because there is nothing to give up.

04-28-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Heidi gives up immunity?"
The only way I see Heidi giving up immunity is if between winning it and TC she gets sick or hurt. Shawna was begging to be voted off. She would have given up immunity. Heidi could start feeling horrible for one reason or another and knowing she can't win since she is outnumbered, she decides to give immunity to Jenna and take her chances. At least then she could go to Loser Lodge and eat and get medical attention. Maybe she becomes worried about her hair falling out and decides her beauty is worth more than this silly game.

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetowatch Click to send private message to lovetowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Check out the Snewser spoiler page. Early post and pretty strange. I'm new to this...anyone know what may be going on?

04-28-03, 04:47 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-03 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

First off I think Snews may be doing this for us to ponder on it; since MS has said Heidi goes (99.9 percent) on Ep. 11 May 1 there isn't anything to puzzle over except WHY??

One thing I do know "Anything will give up its secrets if you love it enough. Not only have I found that when I talk to the little flower or to the little peanut they will give up their secrets, but I have found that when I silently commune with people they give up their secrets also - if you love them enough,"

George Washington Carver wrote that (guy who invented peanut butter)

So I'm not sure what the cloak/dagger is all supposed to mean with the picture too but maybe it is just something for us to do until Thursday.

BTW this is what it said when I put in something in the little box under it and hit Seek The Truth

Interesting response. Spoiling successfully is difficult, isn't it? You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it may come and sit on your shoulder. Be patient.

Mind you, it said this for three different responses I put in.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Well, the painting is of Gandalf in front of the Elven Door to Moira. (Pardon me while my inner Geek runs loose.) As we all know, to open the gate you had to speak the word "friend" in elvish. And the quote on the main page, after the link that takes you to the picture, is from a work known as the Testament to Gaia. The path in question leads to the Goddess. So, peanut butter, friend, and Goddess, and we have Heidi. Or Jenna. But we know Jenna doesn't go, so Heidi.

Although if you enter Heidi into the search box, you get this result

Interesting response. Spoiling successfully is difficult, isn't it? You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it may come and sit on your shoulder. Be patient.

Indeed, that's the response I've gotten to everything I've entered into that box.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
"You can chase a butterfly all over the field and never catch it. But if you sit quietly in the grass it may come and sit on your shoulder."

Maybe this refers to Jenna getting immunity by sitting on her butt at TC and having HEIDI bestow immunity unto her.

I don't know how to decipher this. I'm geekly-challenged. Geeks?

04-28-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Just googled that saying - it's by the great author "Unknown." I love her/his work. So maybe he's saying the boot is unknown right now!

- A GeorgiaBelle original

lovetowatch 123 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetowatch Click to send private message to lovetowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
If the path is to the Goddess...maybe Jenna is the Goddess.
If you love something set it free...Bye Bye Heidi? Btw Devious, how do you know all that?

04-28-03, 05:22 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Well, the LOTR stuff I knew because of my inner Geek. The rest I Googled.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-03, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Thanks for the heads up! Can't figure out what Snewser is up to though. That's just too weird.

As for the misdirection, the one thing that sticks out for me is Jenna's ranting to the tribe about Rob's strategy. I think it will have minimal impact on Rob's future in the game, because already Rob is not trusted by the misfits. Nothing Jenna does will change that.

However, a little tantrum such as this may affect the final vote.

04-28-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Back to the promos etc.

Last season we had Jeff talk about giving away the immunity also correct? Nobody did. HOnestly like someone above said I can't FATHOM anyone anyone giving up immunity especially at this point in the game and ESPECIALLY in the siutation Heidi is in. Good friends or not, this is a million dollars. Do what Tina did and buy your friend a motorcycle.

From how it "appears" though, we are being signaled that Jenna is doing all the trash talk and instigating which to the general public will no doubt appear that SHE is in danger but WE know that isn't the case so a Heidi boot would appear to be surprising but in view of the Survivors the Misfits are picking either her OR Jenna. Jenna would seem to be appear more likely as the candidate due to the rant we are supposed to hear from her but for whatever reason (may be as simple as Heidi is more of an immunity threat) Heidi is selected and either going by Rob again jumping ship causing a tie OR voting with the Misfits to oust her or yes, Jenna wins immunity which doesn't leave them any other decision to make.

cowboyroo 590 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-03, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cowboyroo Click to send private message to cowboyroo Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
Why Heidi over Jenna? Very easy. Because Rob, who is at the moment calling the shots wants to get to F2 with Jenna. He stated last week that by switching sides, he lost final votes of Alex, Jenna and Heidi. He had ALREADY lost the vote of Dave. He knows he has to take one of them to F2. Of Heidi and Jenna, during the Q and A; the answers to questions of a positive nature went to Heidi (who would you like to see naked and who do you have a crush on), the negative ones went to Jenna(over who uses sex as a weapon and who couldn't survive on their own).

If Rob goes to F2, he knows how much Matt, Butch, Christy dislike Jenna, so there is 3 votes for him instead of 2. He thinks he has Deena's vote in the bag already. If he takes any of Matt, Butch and Christy to F2, any of them will vote for any other of them since they were the 3 misfits. He already lost votes to Alex/Dave. He is done.

Rob is there to WIN, not place well. The only way for him to win is take either Heidi or Jenna to F2, period; and Jenna is the less liked of the two.

**Sidenote on Matthew's sacrafice. Maybe before the RC, he announces that if he wins the RC, whoever comes in 2nd gets to see their family member? I can't see him getting respect from Jenna/Heidi if he wins and lets Christy see her family member. He'd be treated the same as Christy was for wanting the letter....also, if he states who comes in 2nd can have it if he wins, Rob might come in second, which would ensue Jenna's tirade about him being selfish. First the Alex vote and now the take away the chance to see her mom. Why would she wait til Day 32 to have the tirade over Alex?

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "RE: Strange stuff : "Sour Grapes""
I think you hit the nail on the head there. Jenna survived this long by not being the most annoying or the biggest threat. She will stay in the game for end game purposes.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-29-03, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "Current CBS Poll (for what it is worth)"
The CBS Poll asks who needs immunity most: Butch, Heidi, or Jenna. Current tally: Jenna 51.59%, Heidi 26.92%, Butch 21.49%

04-29-03, 05:16 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it is worth)"
I'm surprised Butch polled that high. Well, it's the CBS poll, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

04-29-03, 07:44 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it is worth)"
Those percentages would then appear that the "audience" not "us" would be shocked at Heidi going; they don't have the benefit or the non benefit of CO this season.

Also I think Matt may win the RC and give it away, b/c the pic of him at TDT shows him holding a glass of wine. Wouldn't he have won technically to get that?

04-30-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Current CBS Poll (for what it is worth)"
Yes! That is what I think.... I pointed that out on this thread....

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/cgi-bin/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=3840&forum=DCForumID2&omm=0

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

04-30-03, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "Glass of wine=Sour Grapes"
The glass of wine in Matt's hand fits in with the "Sour Grapes" title. Matt wins RC, gets glass of wine, then gives up the family member meeting to Christy. Jenna and Heidi get mad that Christy gets the visit, and you know the old saying, "That's just sour grapes." If they couldn't have the visit, they didn't want Christy to either, and are mad Matt gave it to her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •