The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"my family wants a dog"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-01-13, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "thanks, everyone!"

thank you all for your replies.

i've talked to the husband about it... i'm all for adult dog rescue, but he wants it "fresh off the teat" so he can raise it himself.

it seems to me that if a puppy is so annoying (read: wakes me up all night), i might as well get it when i have a newborn. IF we get a puppy ever, that is.

i don't think i can push this off forever. my husband grew up with dogs his whole life and loves lab mixes and thinks a family needs a dog.

i come from a household which never had a dog. i don't even really *get* the whole dog thing. he says "you will." part of me thinks allowing non-human animals to cohabitate with your humans is just wrong. part of me thinks my kids will love having a dog-friend... ugh.

estee your post is everything i have told them in my quest for NO. i even cried (thank you pregnancy hormones) and told them i just don't want one. it worked. for a day or two. then we were discussing it again.

we had decided on lab/beagle. i tried to get him to go for the labradoodle (bc it's hypoallergenic, and i have seasonal allergies so i'm worried that i might be allergic. and i don't believe once you get a dog you should ever consider sending it back....unless i'm allergic to it. sorry, dog, i'm not going to medicate myself twice daily just to live with you.) also the shedding. but my husband said he doesn't want a "foofy," and the labradoodle was "an overgrown foofy." which it was. so, there goes that.

we live in a house on a ton of land. yard not fenced. my grandparents had a lab and he was the greatest dog ever. but he was HUGE and super hairy and sheddy.

i think for now i've managed to get everyone to agree that we need to wait. by everyone i mean my husband. the kids still want a dog yesterday.

vacations: everywhere we go, a dog would be welcome. so although i tried to use this as an excuse, it's not a good one for our family. we go camping or we go visit relatives, and they're all VERY dog-friendly people. *sigh* ;)

i was thinking how can i handle a puppy and a baby at the same time, but t-kitten's post makes me feel like i might as well get all the sh!ttiness over with at once! if i'm gonna be up all night with a newborn, when it finally sleeps all night, i then have to start over with a puppy? and by then it will be winter??? so now i'm thinking we have to hurry up and get this dog now, or probably wait until all the kids are older and really WILL help.

my biggest gripe against the dog is having to get up with it in the morning. the worst part about being a mom, for me, has been having to get up early. i am a sleeper. i adore sleep. i miss it. i have to get the kids up at 6:30 and, seriously, every morning when my alarm goes off, my first feeling is to suppress the tears. i absolutely sleep in on weekends. i feel like getting a dog is signing up for 15+ years of never sleeping in ever, ever again. and that thought alone makes me so sad! everything else about it i am fine with. accidents in the house, whatever. none of it truly bothers me except the sleep!!!

cq

having grown up a non-dog family, i don't think i'll ever be "ready" til the dog just lives here already

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 my family wants a dog   cqvenus     04-30-13       
   RE: my family wants a dog   Snidget     04-30-13     1  
     RE: my family wants a dog   cqvenus     04-30-13     2  
   RE: my family wants a dog   Max Headroom     04-30-13     3  
     RE: my family wants a dog   Snidget     04-30-13     5  
   RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     04-30-13     4  
     RE: my family wants a dog   Snidget     04-30-13     6  
         RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     04-30-13     8  
             RE: my family wants a dog   Snidget     04-30-13     9  
             RE: my family wants a dog   jbug     05-01-13     33  
   RE: my family wants a dog   Estee     04-30-13     7  
     RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     04-30-13     10  
         RE: my family wants a dog   Estee     04-30-13     11  
             RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     04-30-13     15  
                 RE: my family wants a dog   Snidget     04-30-13     16  
                     RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     04-30-13     17  
   RE: my family wants a dog   thndrkttn     04-30-13     12  
   RE: my family wants a dog   zombiebaby     04-30-13     13  
   A key question   moonbaby     04-30-13     14  
     RE: A key question   Max Headroom     04-30-13     19  
         RE: A key question   agman     05-02-13     35  
   RE: my family wants a dog   bondt007     04-30-13     18  
     RE: my family wants a dog   Estee     04-30-13     20  
   Congrats!   jbug     04-30-13     21  
   RE: my family wants a dog   CSHS79     04-30-13     22  
   RE: my family wants a dog   Silvergirl1     04-30-13     23  
     RE: my family wants a dog   cahaya     04-30-13     24  
   RE: my family wants a dog   Puffy     05-01-13     25  
     RE: my family wants a dog   Molaholic     05-01-13     34  
   thanks, everyone!   cqvenus     05-01-13     26  
     RE: thanks, everyone!   Snidget     05-01-13     27  
         RE: thanks, everyone!   cqvenus     05-01-13     28  
     RE: thanks, everyone!   Estee     05-01-13     29  
   RE: my family wants a dog   kingfish     05-01-13     30  
     RE: my family wants a dog   cqvenus     05-01-13     31  
   RE: my family wants a dog   DearAbby     05-01-13     32  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •