The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
The TVGuide listing for S6E12 is:
The Amazon Heats Up
60 min.
A 12th player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host. (VCR Plus+ 9717)

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-22-03 1
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up PepeLePew13 04-22-03 2
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Boilermaker 04-22-03 3
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Brownroach 04-22-03 4
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-23-03 8
       RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-23-03 9
           RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-24-03 13
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up whoami 04-22-03 5
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up ivoryElephant 04-23-03 6
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-23-03 7
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up eiluj 04-24-03 10
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up carnelian 04-24-03 11
 Obvious answer KeithFan 04-24-03 12
 RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... Devious Weasel 04-24-03 14
   RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... Devious Weasel 04-24-03 15
       RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... Booted 04-24-03 16
           RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... tamarama 04-24-03 18
   RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... tamarama 04-24-03 17
       RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon... Devious Weasel 04-25-03 19
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up kirin 04-28-03 20
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-28-03 21
       RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Loree 04-29-03 22
           RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up lizzmac 04-29-03 23
               RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-29-03 24
                   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Wacko Jacko 04-29-03 25
                       RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up tamarama 04-29-03 28
                           RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-29-03 32
                               RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up tamarama 04-29-03 35
 RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up mistofleas 04-29-03 26
   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-29-03 27
       RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up mistofleas 04-29-03 29
           RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-29-03 30
               RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up mistofleas 04-29-03 31
                   RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-29-03 33
                       RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up Devious Weasel 04-29-03 34
                           RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up AZ_Leo 04-29-03 36
 Bump Bebo 05-02-03 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
As always, a number of ways to look at this. It could be physically heating up, emotionally heating up (anger in the air), or intellectually heating up (life getting more interesting).

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I see it as heating up as in a heat wave going through the Amazon (why include "The Amazon"?) and also to mean that there'll be a heated debate between the people left over whether they should kick Jenna out after Alex and Heidi have already been booted or turn on Rob for his two-facedness.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-22-03, 03:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I see another Tammy - Zoe fight coming on. This time between Jenna and Rob.

And thank God - Jeff Probst is still the host.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
And thank God - Jeff Probst is still the host

LOL

04-23-03, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
And they're still planning on voting someone off, too. Whew! That's a relief.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-23-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
And it's even going to be the 12th player in this particular (12th) episode. I was concerned they may skip over and do the 13th player now and the 12th next week just to throw us off.

04-24-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
That would be just like them. Those bastiches!

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-22-03, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Could be just the way they are playing the game.

ivoryElephant 2257 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-23-03, 03:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ivoryElephant Click to send private message to ivoryElephant Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Wasn't there a rumor that the camp got struck by lightning?
Diane Ogden on survivorsucks confirmed this, although this may have been thailand but I think it was the Amazon

04-23-03, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
One of the challenges involves fire?

eiluj 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 05:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eiluj Click to send private message to eiluj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Hi, eiluj here, long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Wasn't there a rumour/spoiler saying one of the tribe members agrees to spice things up in return for another member's immunity? As in Heidi/Jenna getting nekkid?

That would sure heat up the Amazon - all those bare twigs and sticks running around.

carnelian 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carnelian Click to send private message to carnelian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I thought I read a rumour somewhere that two of the survivors had sex this season? Maybe Rob finally gets lucky? His editing would surely suggest that.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Obvious answer"
Much in the tradition of previous survivors Deena has left her underwear behind (and in this case flamin' panties)

04-24-03, 01:03 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
From TV Guide Online

A fire rages through the camp and destroys everything, and one player becomes sick and begs to be the 12th player voted out. Jeff Probst is the host. (VCR Plus+ 9999)

04-24-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Been giving some thought to who might be the person begging to get voted off - of the five we think are left at this point (Jenna, Matt, Christy, Butch, & Rob), I can only see Jenna begging to be voted off. Although if it's Rob, it would explain why he doesn't go any farther.

Booted 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Booted Click to send private message to Booted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
What if Rob goes Episode 11 and Heidi, who we know lost a lot of weight and was losing her hair, gets really sick?

Booted

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-24-03, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I suppose Rob could possibly go before Heidi...
C/M/B could still be a majority, H/J their own twosome, it would depend on whether or not C/M/B are able to snow Rob...unless C/M/B AND H/J go after him together. It will be interesting to see what H/J will do once Alex is gone. They're not just going to sit back...maybe they'll convince C/M/B to dump Rob next, holding Heidi over to get sick for ep 12.

Her knee was better already by the end of last ep, but she's the only one that seems really sickly.

Hmmmm...nutty, but possible. Assuming, of course, that the spoiler about Heidi's boot number is wrong.

04-24-03, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Wacky.

I thought you were kidding about the fire at first.

Have I been asleep, or is this news? Were there previous spoilers about a fire?

Plus, begging to go home, if my (very flawed) memory serves, this type of rumor has been associated with Shawna (gone), Heidi (knee better already) & Deena (gone, never sick)...anyone else?

04-25-03, 10:42 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Update - Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
There were rumors of a lightning strike, but I don't think there was anything about a fire.

kirin 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-28-03, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kirin Click to send private message to kirin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-03 AT 06:09 PM (EST)

The Amazon Heats Up
60 min.
A fire rages through the camp and destroys everything, and one player becomes sick and begs to be the 12th player voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

(TV Guide description for May 8th episode)

I'm bumping this discussion since after reading this I came "running" over here curious to read speculation about who this would be and was surprised that it didn't get much attention. I know a lot of people seem to think that Heidi is the 11th boot, and Rob the 12th, but does it seem likely that Rob would beg to be voted out? Not to me. Heidi seems like a more likely beggar. Could Rob be going first? OR perhaps it's a misdirection, Rob goes, and someone else is forced to stay ala Shawna. And wouldn't it be great if it were Jenna? Think of the possibilities of how she makes it to the F2 then...

Kirin

04-28-03, 06:17 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
If Heidi goes this week, I could see Jenna crying and wanting to leave since there are no more cute people she can talk to. But I don't know why they wouldn't just let her go.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Maybe they want to see Jenna suffer. If after Heidi is gone they all agree that Jenna has become very unlikeable they may all want to keep her around for the F2. So why not get rid of the Survivor Expert (Rob) instead. Jenna would be easy for them to get rid of when and if they wanted.

Or it could refer to Christy. Maybe she becomes ill and wants out. But Matt and Butch realize they have to get rid of Rob before it is too late. Then they grant Christy her wish next.

lizzmac 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lizzmac Click to send private message to lizzmac Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
That was my thought, too. Just because someone begs to be voted out doesn't mean it'll happen (as we saw with Shawna), and just by virtue of the fact that CBS is even mentioning it make me think it won't happen. In that episode. I wondered how Jenna made F2, and now I can see it, with Christy basically begging to go. That would leave a F3 of Matt/Butch/Christy, and I think Matt and Butch would understand whoever wins the IC would take Jenna, come to an agreement of "may the best man win", knowing if they don't win they'll go home third.

Lizzmac

04-29-03, 01:29 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I like this last scenario – it reduces the number of immunity’s Jenna has to win to make F2.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-29-03, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Hi:

I think you hit it on the head somewhat. It's Christy. I can't see Matt and Butch voting to take Christy out over Jenna unless Christy gets sick. Then with the Final 3 it's not Matt or Butch that wins immunity it is Jenna. Think about it if I were Jenna who would I take Butch or Matt to go to the finals with her. There has already been numerous discussions about booting Matt. And many have talked unkindly of him. So Jenna wins the final immunity. Whether it be endurance (which it will be) or the fallen commrades trivia, Jenna stands a good chance of winning it. Endurance aint always about the most buff male winning. Remember Kim Johnson? Personally Jenna has lost the least weight and I can imagine that she will be the least shaky.

04-29-03, 03:55 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Christy would make sense as the one who wants to go home...she's been pretty miserable...maybe there's a flare up with the family visits, or maybe it makes Christy more homesick.

However, I don't think Jenna needs to win immunity at F3. Matt has already talked about jury votes -- he's aware enough to not take Butch with him.

F3 immunity could be either Jenna or Matt

04-29-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
>Christy would make sense as the one who wants to go home...she's been pretty miserable...maybe there's a flare up with the family visits, or maybe it makes Christy more homesick.

Problem I have with the Christy being home sick scenario comes from a comment Alex made in his chat:

Q: Are you surprised that Christy has done so well?
A: No, to be honest as much as Jenna and Heidi's personalities have not been portrayed neither has Christy's. She's a lot tougher and hardcore than they are making her out to be. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Christy didn't agree with the way she's been portrayed. I think she is a tough, tough woman and I have nothing but amazing amounts of respect for her. I think she rocks.

http://www.survivorfever.net/chat-alex.html

Of course this also indicates that Alex isn't necessarily the best judge of character.

04-29-03, 06:09 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Understandable....I was acknowleging the possibility. Don't believe it too strongly myself. Easier to see the @#%&! girls whining than Christy. (obviously I'm on the fence with this one)

As for Alex's perceptions however, I don't think he saw Christy's tear-soaked confessionals until they aired. And now we know she didn't care for him a whole lot. She's certainly not going to show her vulnerability to the very people who are making her feel vulnerable. I'm sure she's had alot of experience showing her strong side only.

mistofleas 8043 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
A fire rages through the camp and destroys everything, and one player becomes sick and begs to be the 12th player voted out. Jeff Probst is the host. (VCR Plus+ 9999)

A couple of thoughts:

1) We need to keep in mind that the fire doesn't necessarily need to be a literal fire. It could simply be a "fiery" argument (which would work with the Amazon Heats Up i.e. heated argument). The destroying everything could be trust, friendships, alliances etc. With all the "intel" that C1 had supposedly gotten (and yes, put me in the group that hasn't believed this "spoiler" from the very beginning) you would think something like a fire destroying everything would have been something that he/she would have been told by his/her source.

2) Any of the players could become sick but Heidi having already had a few injury and or insect related "sick" times would be the leading candidate to be the "player becomes sick" part.

and

C) The begging to be the 12th player voted off could be a throw away line. One of them could see the reward at RC is a family vist and say "I've seen my mom/sister/brother/friend from a distance, if I don't win this one, just vote me off, I beg you!".

I'm just cautioning not to take these TOO literally and keep open to very "throw away" possibilites.

--will now get therapy for her over use of "bunny ears"

04-29-03, 03:49 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Except we did have someone (was it ChillOne - help me here, folks) say that lightning struck the camp.

04-29-03, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mistofleas Click to send private message to mistofleas Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Shhhhhh DW, I'm living in a world where there is no ChillOne!

--sticks her fingers in her ears and sings "la la la la la...I can't hear you, I can't hear you"

04-29-03, 04:17 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I understand - I'm living in a world where Vee didn't win Survivor Marquesas...

04-29-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
Ooooh Ohhh...I found this as a possible "source" for the lightning rumor:

BrownRoach posted:
>>Wasn't a camp hit by lightning?<<

VS, I only ever remember seeing this as something that Diane Ogden "heard", just like she "heard" that there is a woman who makes Jerri look like a saint. At the time I thought she might have just been picking up on unsubstantiated stuff that was floating around on the spoiler boards.

Jiffy did say in one interview that they had the worst storm he ever experienced, but only described it from his perspective at the Ariau Hotel.

It was in this thread in February.

Speak to me no more of lightning, I will have none of it!

--quite possibly just channeled Queen Elizabeth

04-29-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
>Jiffy did say in one interview that they had the worst storm he ever experienced, but only described it from his perspective at the Ariau Hotel.

This was in a radio interview he gave early during filming. I think it was determined it happened in the first week. Of course, there could have been another storm later.

By the way, in my delusional world, not only is there no C1 and Kathy won S4 but there is no Bodog betting scandal and S5 was simply a bad dream (the number 6 immediately follows the number 4 in tv world, right?)

04-29-03, 05:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
I will speak no more of lightning, unless Ep. 12 shows us lightning aplenty.

I should add that in my delusional world, Ken and Gerard won TAR 3.

This should be an OT Thread - What's Your Delusional World Like?

04-29-03, 06:25 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Episode 12: The Amazon Heats Up"
>I will speak no more of lightning, unless Ep. 12 shows us lightning aplenty.

Still could be a real fire caused by knocking over one of the lamps or leaving Heidi or Jenna to keep an eye on the fire.

>I should add that in my delusional world, Ken and Gerard won TAR 3.

Bill really wasn't the mole, either.

>This should be an OT Thread - What's Your Delusional World Like?

Go for it. I would but I'm like the Christy of OT--almost every post I make is ignored so I rarely post replies anymore much less new topics.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-03, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "Bump"
Since this had fallen to page 2

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •