The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does Jenna defect"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-21-03, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does Jenna defect"
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-03 AT 10:27 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-21-03 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

I was reading all of the posts this morning and a thought entered my head (something that is always a dangerous thing). Three assumptions are being made by a lot of people.

1) The Chill One's Final 4 is correct. Jenna, Matt, Butch and Christy go to the Final 4.

2) That the above final 4 can only take place if the current dominant alliance (Rob, Alex, Jenna and Heidi) haa a defector.

3) That the logical defector is Rob (or possably Alex).

What no one is saying is that the defector is Jenna. Since she is identified as the one in the final 4, wouldn't there be some logic to assume that she is the defector.

Now, I admit that we haven't seen any evidence that she has a relationship with Butch, Christy or Matt and I can't think of a reason why she would defect. However, I couldn't think of a reason why everyone would vote out Deena last week and it happened.

I am just throwing out a theory for everyone to consider. I still think that it is more logical for Rob to defect, but I don't think we should all be ignoring the obvious. If Jenna is in the final 4, she might be the defector.

Anyone else agree?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 No Wacko Jacko 04-21-03 1
   agree with NO JohnMc 04-21-03 2
 RE: Does Jenna defect Brownroach 04-21-03 3
 Maybe Devious Weasel 04-21-03 4
   RE: Maybe dabo 04-21-03 5
 Agree Yogi 04-21-03 6
   What?!?!? Wacko Jacko 04-21-03 7
       RE: What?!?!? esquire 04-21-03 9
       RE: What?!?!? Yogi 04-21-03 11
           RE: What?!?!? Devious Weasel 04-21-03 12
           RE: What?!?!? tamarama 04-24-03 16
 RE: Does Jenna defect Jims02 04-21-03 8
   RE: Does Jenna defect dabo 04-21-03 10
       RE: Does Jenna defect Sirvivor 04-24-03 13
           ROB will be the defector Round Robin 04-24-03 14
               RE: ROB will be the defector VerucaSalt 04-24-03 15
                   RE: ROB will be the defector tamarama 04-24-03 17
 And the answer is No. esquire 04-25-03 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-21-03, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "No"
Rob will be the defector. Makes the most sense. He really isn't all that close to Alex, Heidi, and Jenna. He's got two pawns under his control (Matt and Butch). Does he really control Heidi or Jenna?

Jenna will either win the immunity when there are just 5 or better yet, when Jenna is the last one of the 'alliance of three' she will tell Matt, Butch, and Christy what Ron has been saying and they vote out Rob.

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-21-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JohnMc Click to send private message to JohnMc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "agree with NO"
Jenna is a good game player, and she knows that if she defects on Heidi, then she stands no chance to win because she would lose too many jury votes, including Heidi's. Anyone on the jury would deem her unworthy of winning if she broke her word to Heidi. Jenna won't do that. They would rather take each other to the finals and let everyone else decide the winner ala Colby/Tina.

Rob is the logical defector. We saw in the recrap that he has a STRONG understanding of pecking order, and if he can do no better than 4th, then he can still move to be part of the misfit alliance, where I personally think everyone is on equal footing (though Matt is stronger and will make a Kelly/Colby IC run in that situation.)

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-21-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does Jenna defect"
However, I couldn't think of a reason why everyone would vote out Deena last week and it happened.

Same with me, Esquire, which is why I changed my pick to Rob on Thursday. I thought the only way Deena could go would be by losing a tiebreaker, and I just didn't think there would be a tie. What I didn't expect was that Jenna and Heidi would turn on her, but their closeness with Alex was deliberately kept under wraps.

Anyway, to address your question, I don't believe Jenna would defect. When she cast her vote, she came down on Deena for trying to betray the alliance (or, more specifically, Jenna), so I don't think she would consider doing the same thing herself. Same goes for Heidi.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Maybe"
If Heidi for some reason wanted to defect, I think Jenna would go with her.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Maybe"
Agree, they're a team, Jenna and Heidi would mutually defect.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Agree"
Hey esquire, I am glad you posted this thread. Perhaps Jenna defecting is the most obvious answer to the C1 riddle but perhaps the hardest to theorize.

A Survivor promises to vote against a trusted ally, sending the wounded friend into a flutter.

'trusted ally' - The only two that are obvious are Heidi and Jenna.
'flutter' - A term more likely to be used with a female versus a male.

VO: Will arrogance defeat them?

Possible Scenario
Alex and/or Rob get Heidi to promise to vote against Jenna when they get to the Final Four.
Heidi (drives her car of the road) opens her big yap and tells Jenna that she will be voting
against her because she is such a threat (or some other lame excuse). Upon hearing this Jenna
goes off in a 'flutter'.

Jenna then runs to Butch and tells him the whole story. A new alliance is easily formed with
Jenna and the three outsiders. Any influence that Rob had with Matt is now gone as Jenna
would be sure to 'inform' Matt as to Rob's real plans for him.

The most likely boot would be Alex as the promos seem to focus on his arrogance and the fact
that he is most likely to be the one to blame for Heidi's betrayal of Jenna.

Earlier on JP mentioned that Jenna was 'not America's Sweetheart'. Perhaps now we are about to see why.

Well that is my two cents for today.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-21-03, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What?!?!?"
That is the most insane thing i have heard on this site yet.

Why would that happen? Are you serious?

Jenna will not defect and the reason she will make it to the finals will be because Matt, Butch and Christy wise-up to Rob and vote him out. They will probably wise up after Jenna and/or Christy tell Matt (and Butch) what Rob has been saying. This will happen after Alex and Heidi are already gone.

Something tells me that Jenna will win the last two immunities. Some say how could she do that? One is fallen commrades trivia. The other is the endurance balancing. Remember Kim Johnson if she can do it anyone can. I ask you this who has lost the least weight among the rumored final four? But Jenna making it to the finals once in the final four - she really only needs to win the final immunity.

But your idea of Heidi telling Jenna she will vote her out is ludicrous.

04-21-03, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: What?!?!?"

>Why would that happen? Are
>you serious?
>

Part of my initial point was we don't know why it will happen and to theorize how it could come to pass. MB likes to hide things from us in plain sight. Deena getting 7 votes last week seemed equally unlikely and yet it happened.

I am just putting out the theory Jenna is the one who defects. This scenario is being ignored, although Jenna is the one who likely makes the Final 4. We should at least consider the possibility.

Yogi 1206 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What?!?!?"
Actually Alex and Rob were discussing the endgame last show.
Alex mentioned that neither Heidi or Jenna wanted to go against
the other in the F2. So it stands to reason that to avoid a
2 - 2 voting split that Alex and/or Rob would try to have one
of the girls vote against the other.

If Jenna learns that Heidi is going to vote against her then
this would be her last chance to save herself from coming in
fourth place.

Sure it is a bit of a stretch but it is possible.

As for Rob defecting, well he is a student of the game and would
realize that by defecting he would lose the 3 votes of Alex, Jenna
and Heidi. That would hardly be a smart move on his part.
During the last two Tribal Councils Rob has had a look of 'shock'
on his face when both Dave and Deena were booted out. He is trying
to make it look like he did not vote against them. Rob knows the
endgame and the importance of receiving 4 votes to win the game.

So which is more plausible, Rob totally screwing up his game, or
Jenna trying to put herself in a better position to win the game.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: What?!?!?"
Well, you could argue that Rob totally screwed up his game last week by agreeing to vote Deena off instead of Alex. He could have just as easily told Matt that Alex, Heidi, and Jenna had targeted Matt as he told him that Deena had targeted him. He would have been in a much more secure position regarding the endgame had he done that.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-24-03, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: What?!?!?"
OK, wait a minute.

By uniting the misfits, he may be losing A/J/H's jury votes, but he's keeping himself in the game longer. (or so he thinks) It's definately a smart move.

As a student of the game, he knows he'll be the first of the A/J/H/R alliance cannibalized. By switching to the Misfit alliance, he thinks they can Pagong the Popular Crowd, and maneuver himself higher up the food chain -- he's sure he has Matt & Butch in his pocket, and will assume he'll go to the F2 once A/J/H are gone.

Of course, he doesn't realize that he's still #4 in the Misfit Alliance too...but that's another thread.

There's NO WAY we're going to see A/J/H turning against each other.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does Jenna defect"
I don't want to throw in another NO, but here's another thought.

Look at the Milkshaky spoiler about Heidi going in 2 episodes (first week of May).

I don't think that Jenna would defect without stringing Heidi along too. So, they either both defect, or they both don't. The odds are that they don't. If they did, Heidi's boot in the next episode wouldn't make any sense.

I see Rob being suckered into defecting.

(ARGH! TOO MUCH USE OF THE WORD "DEFECT"!!!)

In Honor of Summary Writers...
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester
8. "Heidi and Jenna are more Butch than Butch" -Draco
9. "Matthew: DINNER!" -Anotherkim

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-21-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does Jenna defect"
If Heidi's condition continues to deteriorate instead of improve, which seems likely given her condition upon returning home, then she could become a sympathy boot on the grounds that she needs medical attention (more than she would be liable to receive while in the game at any rate).

Sirvivor 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-24-03, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sirvivor Click to send private message to Sirvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Does Jenna defect"
The only way I can see Jenna getting to the F2 is through winning an IC or two. Rob seems to be the swinging vote at the moment, and he would be a fool to remain with A/H/J because they will vote him out eventually. However, he may well win an IC too, not for brawn but brains as he's reasonably smart. So there are several scenarios. I think we can only really make short term predictions, and my guess is Alex goes next.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-24-03, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "ROB will be the defector"
Rob ain't stupid. He knows d@mn well that Heidi and Jenna aren't going to vote for each other unless something nobody expects happens. So eventually at some point those two would be the source of Rob's demise in the game. That being the case, and with Alex a decent bet to stick with them and/or win a critical IC at some point, Rob knows he has no hope of doing better than 4th with that group. So he is by far the best bet to defect.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-24-03, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ROB will be the defector"
I actually considered this but more as Jenna being part and parcel of the whole thing.

My only opinion of Jenna (which I did post on another thread) being somewhat of the catalyst in this is if somehow it comes to light that Rob is inititating Alex's ouster. If you think about Deena's boot, Heidi went to Jenna and Jenna told Alex. Although Alex seemingly was like okay everyone get Deena. Heidi specifically told Jenna because she KNEW Jenna would tell Alex so in a way or roundabout way, Jenna did get the wheels in motion. Some could argue and say Heidi did also as well.

Jenna could in fact find out that Rob is setting wheels in motion and then let Alex know. IMO, if an inkling of what Rob is doing comes to light to any of H/J/A, they will roast Rob. Jenna was pretty bitter at what she considered Deena's betrayel; I would suspect she'd be just as pissed at Rob and have no problem booting him

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-24-03, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: ROB will be the defector"
>IMO, if
>an inkling of what Rob
>is doing comes to light
>to any of H/J/A, they
>will roast Rob. <<

They CAN'T roast Rob.

The reason they're kicking back & sunning themselves is that they know they're an alliance of 4. Whoever wins immunity, they (A/J/H/R) have at least 2 other misfits to vote out. They need Rob for a majority untill they dump some of the misfits.

This is why Rob is safe (for now) in bailing out. He can only do it when the others are 3 & 3

04-25-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
18. "And the answer is No."
And the answer is no. She does not defect.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •