The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-19-03, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Tonight starts The great "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here" experiment: I want to know who do you think the american public will vote out first and who will win.
the "celebrities" to choose from are:

Maria Conchita Alonso
Tyson Beckford
Downtown Julie Brown
Bruce Jenner
Chris Judd
Robin Leach
Melissa Rivers
Nikki Schieler Ziering
Alana Stewart
Stuttering John

This show is going to run for 15 nights straight and starting tomorrow the American Public gets to vote who will go on Bush trails to earn extra food and supplies. Then next week America starts voting people out.

Heres a link to the shows websight:
http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/imacelebrity/show.html

I'm going with Tyson chicken Chunks as the first out and Stuttering John as your winner based soley on the Howard Stern Fan base and their willingness to do anything for him to make him more noticed.

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Bebo 02-19-03 1
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... ejm92 02-19-03 2
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Loree 02-19-03 3
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Q 02-19-03 4
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... tribephyl 02-19-03 5
 Vote for who stays, not who goes? Q 02-19-03 6
   RE: Vote for who stays, not who goe... Bebo 02-19-03 7
       RE: Vote for who stays, not who goe... PackMan 02-19-03 9
   RE: Vote for who stays, not who goe... Loree 02-19-03 8
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... PackMan 02-19-03 10
   Agree sittem 02-19-03 11
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... ejm92 02-19-03 12
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... magic_star 02-20-03 13
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Kokoro 02-20-03 14
 I can't believe I watched it Bebo 02-20-03 15
   RE: I can't believe I watched it jkokoj 02-20-03 16
       RE: I can't believe I watched it survivorscott 02-20-03 17
           RE: I can't believe I watched it Bebo 02-20-03 18
   RE: I can't believe I watched it AZ_Leo 02-20-03 19
   RE: I can't believe I watched it Ahtumbreez 02-20-03 20
       Michael Jackson Look Alike Lirwin 02-20-03 21
 RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... katem 02-23-03 22
   RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... anninvt2002 02-23-03 23
       RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Loree 02-23-03 24
           RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... 712 02-23-03 26
               RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... Loree 02-23-03 27
           Did Get Me Out of Here suddenly get... LindaBushyager 02-24-03 28
   RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of h... survivorscott 02-23-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-19-03, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I think Tyson will stay around a little while, based simply on the eye candy factor. We women will keep around a pleasant toy to look at longer than some of those others.

Personally, I'd get Melissa Rivers out of there first. I'll agree on Stuttering John winning, because the Stern fans will work the vote.

Royalty, shmoyalty...EVIL rules!

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I have to agree with you guys about Stuttering John.....he will have tons of support. I hope either Chris Judd or Melissa Rivers goes first.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Everyone I know wants Melissa Rivers out of there. So unless she has an odd fan base somewhere. I doubt she sticks around long.

Maybe there will be an anti-Howard voting chunk that will want Stuttering John out just because they hate Howard.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-19-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Come on folks, support Melissa. She's not very talented and needs all the exposure she can get, LOL.

As to Stuttering John, I don't like him and will vote against him, when the time comes. But he's not my first to go. I would like to see Bruce Jenner go first. I bet his first wife that supported him, then was dumped as soon as he was famous will be recruiting votes for him. Maybe he will finally get his, in spades!

The only one I hope for is Robin. I want to see him suffer for as long as possible. He He.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Please do not be intimidated by Howard Sterns fan-base.
I am somewhat of a Stern-fan, yet I can't stand "Stuttering John". I will work hard to get rid of Stuttering John, early. Even if that means voting "millions" of times.
I will then work on DTJulie Brown...and the other BIG-MOUTH, Melissa Rivers.

For a win, I'm pulling for anyone other than these 3.

tribephyl

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-19-03, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Vote for who stays, not who goes?"
The link above, to abc, says something like the player with the least votes (once voting starts) will leave. Is this correct? Or can I not read?

So that means, you vote for who you like, correct?

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

02-19-03, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Vote for who stays, not who goes?"
>So that means, you vote for
>who you like, correct?

Then again, depending on what type of conditions they make them live in, I might vote to keep some of the ones I don't like around for a little while, just to see them suffer.

(that's for those of you wondering if I'm still evil)

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-19-03, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Vote for who stays, not who goes?"
(that's for those of you wondering if I'm still evil)

Was there ever any doubt?

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

02-19-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Vote for who stays, not who goes?"
Yes, the way I read it you are suppose to vote for who you like and want to stay on the show to win. The person each time that has the least amount of votes will be booted.

So you are not so much kicking off who you dislike, as saving the ones you do like. In that case the unknown boring people with no fans will go first.

But do we want to let the people we dislike out of there or do we want them to stay and suffer? Who is better television?

PackMan 1207 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-19-03, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PackMan Click to send private message to PackMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
This is one show I think I can do without.

If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when are you going to find time to do it again? - Anonymous

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-19-03, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Agree"
I used up all my wasted time on High School Reunion. I am committed to finding much better things to do with my time than watching this.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings

02-19-03, 11:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I thought the show was an eerie cross between Survivor and Big Brother.....this show is basically trash, but isn't that the reason why we watch? I plan on watching since it's only two weeks more, and I'm pulling for Stuttering John and Tyson...I already cannot stand Melissa or Alana.

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champion

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-20-03, 05:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail magic_star Click to send private message to magic_star Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
The show was pretty interesting. I think Robin will be voted out first and Tyson will win.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-20-03, 06:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I don't know if I really liked it....there's a high potential for laughs, unintentional as they may be, but it's such a cheap show. It's like Fear Factor, but the contestants are camping out overnight.

That said, it looks like Robin or Nikki will be first out, or that's what ABC seems to be pushing for based on it's editing. And Robin is quite the perve, eh? "Let's take off eachothers' clothes and look for ticks!" or when Nikki got bitten "Get your pants off and lets have a look see!"

02-20-03, 08:21 AM (EST)
15. "I can't believe I watched it"
First impressions:

- Nikki is going to be around for a long, long time. Last night's checking her ass for bites scene and the boob shot during the tick session pretty much showed why.
- The pretty boys, Tyson and Cris, will also stick around, because they're non-annoying eye candy. They also seem like the sanest two out there...poor guys.
- We didn't see much of Downtown Julie Brown. I feel like inserting a joke about her career here, but I'll let you fill it in.
- Stuttering John was at least amusing. I enjoyed him telling the folks they were going to starve, since he's doing the next Bush Tucker Trial.
- How much plastic surgery has Bruce Jenner had? Mr. Bebo was amazed at how plastic he looked. Can we say Botox?

How I think the voting will go:

- I don't see Tyson and Cris getting voted for a lot of challenges. The reason - they would do them without complaining. Boring.
- I think the whiny ones will get voted for challenges (oops, trials), so that we can see some drama and pay them back for being annoying. Then there's also the drama of wondering if they'll actually complete the trial. Watch out Nikki, Alana, and Melissa.
- Vulnerable for being voted off: Alana, Melissa, and Robin. Don't be fooled into thinking Nikki is vulnerable. A piece of eye candy that brought her beauty products along will be around for male entertainment, especially if she keeps finding reasons to show her boobs and butt.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-20-03, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I can't believe I watched it"
I laughed my ass off at this show. I thought it was hysterical the way Melissa whined about "they want to humiliate us"!

02-20-03, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I can't believe I watched it"
What was she expecting? A concierge?

02-20-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
18. "RE: I can't believe I watched it"
Well, Alana expected a maid to make her bed, so no doubt there were some wacky expectations coming into this.

AZ_Leo 3526 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-20-03, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AZ_Leo Click to send private message to AZ_Leo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I can't believe I watched it"
After the fun of Celebrity Mole I was looking forward to this show. However, I think I would rather rewatch S5 than watch any future episodes of this.

Host--He soooo wants to be Jeff Probst and he soooo isn't even close. He doesn't even measure up to the Fear Factor guy whose name I can never remember.

Locale--Deep in the wilds of the Australian rainforest that happens to have bridges and walkways as well as whatever that building was, all close enough to their camp that the host with the least can easily walk there during a commercial break?

Celebrities--These aren't even D-list (F-list comes to mind). I'm an entertainment news junky and I've only ever heard of 3 of these people. I'm sorry but being married to a couple of B-list celebrities does not make you one. And what did they think they were signing up for? Apparently none of them bothered to read a single description of this show as posted in TV Guide or anywhere else before signing up. This is particularly inexcusable for Melissa Rivers who "works" for an entertainment channel that is devoted to reporting about things like this.

Live?--Pet Peeve--Shows that say they are live while being replayed from tape here on the west coast. I especially hate shows that make a big deal about calling in and participating then showing results when none of us out here have even seen the thing yet.

I am a self proclaimed reality show junkie (I even watch the repeats of No Boundaries and Global Extremes on OLN) but I have to say, after last night, I have no desire to watch this. I'll just stick to the summaries you guys write since, so far, that is much more entertaining.

(I apologize that this turned out to be more of a rant than I originally intended.)

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-20-03, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I can't believe I watched it"
- How much plastic surgery has Bruce Jenner had? Mr. Bebo was amazed at how plastic he looked. Can we say Botox?
Just two....oh wait that was MJ

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Lirwin 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-20-03, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lirwin Click to send private message to Lirwin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Michael Jackson Look Alike"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-03 AT 04:47 PM (EST)

That's exactly what I thought! I haven't seen Bruce Jenner in years. When I turned on the show last night, his face eerily resembled Michael Jackson's. Is it the nose? I vaguely remember him being attractive during his heyday. Ugh.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-23-03, 01:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Rooting for Melissa or Robin. But YAWN I think John or Bruce will win this thing.

Allana will be first to go. Maria Conchita has already been forgotten about.

This show has been a surprise, it's been silly but great fun.

(c) 2002, 03 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

anninvt2002 86 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-23-03, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anninvt2002 Click to send private message to anninvt2002 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I think that Maria will be the first to go. Counted face time last night. Only got 2 full views of her face the whole hour. Alayna has much more potential for conflict. Just my humble opinion.

02-23-03, 11:01 AM (EST)
24. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
I agree. Unless they start reminding the viewers that Maria is there, she will be booted early. The way the vote is set up, people just get to vote for their fave player and the ones getting no votes will be booted. There will be people voting for unlikeable people just to make them stay on the show and suffer. But the unnoticed won't get any votes.

Why couldn't Nikki stay in the box? I thought that was the easiest challenge yet. I would have probably fallen asleep in there. But then I am not afraid of the dark or claustrophobic. I think Alana's clallenge tonight will be the hardest. Will she even attempt to stick her face in those boxes of creepy things?

712 356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-23-03, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 712 Click to send private message to 712 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Did it look to anyone else that Nikki's last challenge was a bit spur of the moment? On the night that they got us to vote for who would do that one, they showed us footage of an actual hole in the ground, and then someone covering it with leaves and dirt and stuff. They also mentioned a "nasty surprise" that would be waiting down there. I saw nothing of the sort!

02-23-03, 09:50 PM (EST)
27. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Maybe they felt sorry for her having to do 2 in a row. Plus the crocodile one where she only got 1 star. So they did this thinking she would do it and get some stars.

It was great to see Alana do all 10 of her stunts tonight. And it was interesting that Julie couldn't even be happy for her. She had to make up an excuse for why Alana did it. It will be interesting to see if Julie can do her's.

LindaBushyager 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-24-03, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LindaBushyager Click to send private message to LindaBushyager Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Did Get Me Out of Here suddenly get easier?"
I think perhaps after the dangerous crocodile stunt, "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me OUt of Here," decided to make the Bushwacker Trials easier.

When they showed the hole in the ground stunt the night before they did it (the same day as they aired the crocodile stunt), it was a deep hole in the ground with apparently something nasty at the bottom. Instead the next day Nikki was put into a coffin.

Then for Alana's trial, on the day before they showed the boxes of vermin with stars half pushed under, so to reach in with your face, you would probably have to bite the animals.

When Alana did her trial today, they had put a handle on the stars, making them much easier to grab with your mouth. Also unlike poor Nikki in the crocodile trial or Stuttering John who had to climb the tree, she was told she could take as much time as she wanted.

Nikki and John were told they had only 2 minutes, making their tasks far more difficult and yukky, and likely to be unable to be done.

I also felt it odd that Nikki was unable to last for 10 minutes in the box, but probably after the previous day with the crocodiles, she was terrified and thought they had to have put some sort of snakes or other animals in with her (they didn't make it clear to her that the box was empty before she entered it).

AS I posted earlier, I really felt the crocodile stunt was over the top and actually physcially dangerous. 2 large crocs, even if they had been fed before, could still decide to attack, and the 3 smaller ones we saw were obviously lively. And there were unknown snakes in the water that the producers/MC didn't even know about. The "sharpshooter" had only a tranquilizer gun, so if a croc had attacked Nikki, tranquilizers take awhile to take affect, and it probably wouldn't have stopped her. Also she was wading quite deep in the mud, and if a croc had attacked, she could have easily slipped and fallen, making her an even easier victim.

So maybe someone at ABC noticed just how dangerous this stunt was, and decided they needed to tone down the stunts.

Perhaps the producers never thought the stars would do the stunts because they were so yukky/dangerous. But the stars had the motivation to do them, since doing them provided food for everyone, and also they wouldn't want to appear as timid idiots on national TV.

I think that a "celebrity" Survivor would be interesting. But the "Fear Factor" survivor on semi-unsuspecting celebrities, with too much danger and yukkiness, just was becoming unpleasant.

Tonight's episode was much better, in my opinion, since it was more lighthearted and had some funny celebrity stories and such.

02-23-03, 05:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: I'm a SB Poster get me out of here"
Maria who?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •