The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-03, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Scott
(4/15/03 8:34:26 am)
Reply Episode 11: Sour Grapes
------------------------------------------------------------------------
The full listing for this episode is:
Survivor: The Amazon
Sour Grapes
60 min.
An 11th player is voted out. Jeff Probst is the host.

The Fox and the Grapes
from Aesop:

A FAMISHED FOX saw some clusters of ripe black grapes hanging
from a trellised vine. She resorted to all her tricks to get at
them, but wearied herself in vain, for she could not reach them.
At last she turned away, hiding her disappointment and saying:
"The Grapes are sour, and not ripe as I thought."

Episode titles so far:
Ep1, Feb 13: Boys vs Girls (tvguide.com)
Ep1, Feb 13: Snakes in the Grass (TV Guide close-up. print version)
Ep2, Feb 20: Storms
Ep3, Feb 27: Girl Power
Ep4, Mar 6: Trapped
Ep5, Mar 13: Pick-up Sticks
Ep6, Mar 19: More Than `Meats' the Eye
Ep7: Mar 26: Girls Gone Wilder
Ep8: Apr 3: Sleeping with the Enemy
Ep9: Apr 10: The Chain
Recap: April 17: Amazon Redux
Ep10: Apr 24: Q & A
Ep11: May 1: Sour Grapes

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Krautboy 04-15-03 1
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Brownroach 04-15-03 2
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes tamarama 04-15-03 5
       RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Brownroach 04-15-03 6
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes toddE 04-15-03 7
       RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Thaibeach 04-16-03 8
           RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes SaphireLady 04-17-03 9
               RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Thaibeach 04-17-03 10
           RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes bobstew617 04-18-03 13
               RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Thaibeach 04-22-03 16
           RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes msinger 04-22-03 19
 RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Chez 04-15-03 3
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Wacko Jacko 04-15-03 4
       RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes flyfly 04-17-03 12
           RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Thaibeach 04-22-03 17
               RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Devious Weasel 04-22-03 18
 RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Krautboy 04-17-03 11
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Devious Weasel 04-18-03 14
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Brownroach 04-21-03 15
   RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Shamazon 04-24-03 20
       RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes Devious Weasel 04-24-03 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-15-03, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
As is usually the case, the episode title is selected for multiple interpretations...but it sure sounds like Heidi and Jenna are not happy about Rob defecting and voting off Alex.

This also sets up the argument Heidi is rumored to have with the "stupid boy"...and the tribe dynamic that gets her booted in EP11.

Krautboy

04-15-03, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Hey, KB, I guess we're "cycling" together -- mentally, that is -- to borrow Janet's quaint phraseology!

This title is making me even more convinced that Alex gets the boot next. If the alliance of 4 is flaunting their power in Ep 10, and Alex goes, I can see a Rotu 4-type meltdown occurring.

After John got booted in Marquesas, Tammy and Robert were resentful and self-righteous about how smug Neleh, Paschal et al started acting. Jenna and Heidi will be pissed at Rob, but they will be even more pissed that Christy, Matt and Butch are in the catbird seat. Sour grapes indeed.

If Rob were to get booted next for his double-dealing, Jenna, Heidi and Alex would probably have had a hand in it, so there wouldn't be any basis for "sour grapes" feelings by anyone in Ep 11.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-03, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Please forgive me -- can you briefly recap the "stupid boy" argument -- or point me to the thread...

Thanks!

04-15-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Tamarama --

Milkshaky -- the premier Heidi informant -- posted something about this on SS. I don't remember it exactly other than what Krautboy says -- she has an argument with a stupid boy, or maybe it was a stupid argument with a boy.

MIlkshaky's posts just pop up in different threads on the board there so it may be hard to find it. I think most of them are in the ChillOne thread which is (gulp) 150-something pages long now!

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-15-03, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
There COULD be multiple interpretations, but it really adds another log to the "Alex goes next" fire, and the nasty skanks have hard feelings toward Adam Sandler and the misfit 3.

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-16-03, 06:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
ToddE,

you are so right about the log and the nasty skanks!!

But please don't compare delicious Adam Sandler to that karaoke-singing, fat-girl-story-fabricating, cookie-stealing, skank-lusting, obnoxious, irritating, enormous-nosed dork with the pasty-white body of a seriously unattractive 12-year-old boy...also known as Rob.

Operaman thanks you.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-17-03, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
I am recieving alittle ESP here. HHHmmmm Rob is not your favorite person, am I right?

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

04-17-03, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
ya think?!

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-18-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
>But please don't compare delicious Adam
>Sandler to that karaoke-singing, fat-girl-story-fabricating,
>cookie-stealing, skank-lusting, obnoxious, irritating, enormous-nosed
>dork with the pasty-white body
>of a seriously unattractive 12-year-old
>boy...also known as Rob.

WOW! I couldn't have said it better myself, Thaibeach! Make sure you join our alliance in the What If game this round.

04-22-03, 07:57 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Thanks, Bobstew - but what is "what if?"

msinger 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-22-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail msinger Click to send private message to msinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
If it wasn't for Rob this season would be BORING!!!!
He is very entertaining!
I say your a bore!

>ToddE,

>
>you are so right about the
>log and the nasty skanks!!
>
>
>But please don't compare delicious Adam
>Sandler to that karaoke-singing, fat-girl-story-fabricating,
>cookie-stealing, skank-lusting, obnoxious, irritating, enormous-nosed
>dork with the pasty-white body
>of a seriously unattractive 12-year-old
>boy...also known as Rob.
>
>Operaman thanks you.

Chez 777 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Another "double meaning" could unfold if this episode has something to do with someone drinking too much wine (i.e. reward challenge or other occurrence) and maybe getting sick or otherwise embarrassing themself.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-15-03, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Or it could mean that Butch gets made at someone.............or maybe not then it would be "Sour Gramps". Sorry, continue...

flyfly 5 desperate attention whore postings

04-17-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flyfly Click to send private message to flyfly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Or maybe Matt turns his machete on some manioc and jungleberries . . . .oops, no, that would be sour crepes.

04-22-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Or maybe Matt takes on the persona of his less-skeletal lookalike Tony Robbins and forces everyone to listen to his "Power Tapes".

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
I appreciate a bad pun as much as the next mammal, but that was a bit of a stretch...

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-17-03, 07:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
The Fox and the Grapes

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Moral:It is easy to despise what you cannot get.

Does Rob turn against Heidi after being rejected?

or

Are the "sour grapes" someone's reaction to not winning the reward challenge...something like " glad I didn't win the car, it's such an ugly color..."

Krautboy

04-18-03, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
"Cute girls don't drive Saturn's, so I didn't really want the Ion anyway..."

04-21-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
Are the "sour grapes" someone's reaction to not winning the reward challenge...something like " glad I didn't win the car, it's such an ugly color..."

Probably one meaning, KB. We already had an example: Heidi and Jenna saying that they "didn't need the fat anyway" after Deena went on the banana split reward.

Shamazon 9 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-03, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Shamazon Click to send private message to Shamazon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
I think the sour grapes are from Rob. That supports the idea that Alex goes in Ep 10. Even with all the hot guys gone, Rob STILL can't get Heidi. Rob's mindset is, I really didn't want her anyway and that leads to bye-bye Heidi in Ep 11. Jenna will avenge Heidi and take Rob out next. Then we're down to CO's final four.

04-24-03, 01:58 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 11: Sour Grapes"
That sounds absolutely perfect! It fits the Aesop definition of "Sour Grapes", it fits Rob and Heidi's character, and it fits our thoughts of a Heidi boot.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •