The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And the real winner is......"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

van251 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-19-00, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail van251 Click to send private message to van251 Click to check IP address of the poster
"And the real winner is......"
I think that the winner will be Kelly. Not that I
really like any of the final four, but she is the
least offensive of those left. Besides, remember
a few weeks back that the tabloid the Globe had a
bunch of clues that revealed who the winner was?
One of the clues was "look for the eye that burns
with intensity". I, like a lot of others, thought
that this was a typo, and they meant eyes. However,
when you look at the opening credits, when Kelly is
shown she is looking up from a tree branch, and only
one of her eyes is shown. And it does burn with
intensity!!! Who knows, could be true!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: And the real winner is...... Irisheyes 08-19-00 1
   I'm on board with Irisheyes. dangerboy 08-21-00 7
       RE: I'm on board with Irisheyes. munson 08-21-00 8
           I have to rethink my comments a lit... dangerboy 08-21-00 11
               RE: I have to rethink my comments a... munson 08-21-00 15
 RE: And the real winner is...... finner 08-19-00 2
 RE: And the real winner is...... Laney 08-19-00 3
   Globe clues AyatollahKhomeini 08-20-00 4
 RE: And the real winner is...... JustMe 08-20-00 5
   RE: And the real winner is...... grimace 08-20-00 6
 RE: And the real winner is...... hoops_hagen_13 08-21-00 9
   Vagina Alliance dangerboy 08-21-00 10
 RE: And the real winner is...... gorudygo 08-21-00 12
   Kelly to final two - ugh. dangerboy 08-21-00 14
 RE: And the real winner is...... Trutch 08-21-00 13
   RE: And the real winner is...... Little Bob 08-21-00 16
       RE: And the real winner is...... Irisheyes 08-21-00 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-19-00, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: And the real winner is......"
Sorry, but I completely disagree. For one, the eye comment could be made about all of them.

I think Kelly is the most offensive of the bunch. She whines, she backstabs, she whines some more. Oh yeah and the fact that she has a record really sets a standard for the viewing public. I would rather see Rich win, at least he has been honest to us, the viewing public as to what his agenda has been.

dangerboy 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 00:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "I'm on board with Irisheyes."
I have to agree - Kelly is not the least offensive. I want to see her go next but rumor has it that she wins the first immunity in Ep 13. I'd rather see her go than Dicque. At least he's in your face and out front about things. The only thing is he's a jerk too. I've wanted him gone for a while but you have to admit - he plays the game the best. He's strategic, he obviously works the crowd (even Colleen said in an interview that she got along with him and spent a lot of time talking to him), and he is definitely enthusiastic about things. So I can't fault him. It's kept my interest throughout the show (if for no other reason than to see if he gets his come-uppence). I'd like to see Rudy win and I think that is plausible. I look for Kelly and Sue to go next and Rudy to win the vote off. This is based on the Gervase "him" goof but then when have any of the so called goofs paid off?

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: I'm on board with Irisheyes."
>I'd rather see her go
>than Dicque. At least he's
>in your face and out
>front about things. The only
>thing is he's a jerk
>too. I've wanted him gone
>for a while but you
>have to admit - he
>plays the game the best.

Oh, our boy Dicque IS playing the game. But no way is he upfront about anything. He spent E12 lying to everyone about who he was going to vote off depending on who he was talking to at the time. He has promised both Sue and Rudy a spot in the F2. With him of course. Listened compassionately to Kelly whining about Sue and made some lame face as he got up to leave. It goes on and on. He's a snake.

>He's strategic, he obviously works
>the crowd (even Colleen said
>in an interview that she
>got along with him and
>spent a lot of time
>talking to him), and he
>is definitely enthusiastic about things.
>So I can't fault him.

Wonder if she feels differently after hearing how tired he was of trying to keep his thumb on all these personalities that he cares very little about?

>It's kept my interest throughout
>the show (if for no
>other reason than to see
>if he gets his come-uppence).

Definitely agree. Love him or hate him, you can't ignore him.

08-21-00, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dangerboy Click to send private message to dangerboy Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "I have to rethink my comments a little."
Munson, I wasn't thinking about it that way when I said Dicque was upfront about things. I was thinking more along the lines of to the audience. But then, he hasn't been honest to us either (depending on the editing). Every time we see a shot of where they say who they will vote off it turns out to be wrong. It could be the editing or it could be he lied to us too. He has been the most conniving of the bunch - telling each one what they want to hear. So in the end I gotta agree he's a snake. But then if there hadn't been a schemer in the bunch would we have stayed interested? I once heard someone say that interesting television always involves some kind of conflict. If the conflict isn't there then neither is the audience.

Oh well, I look forward to Dicque getting his come-uppence.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: I have to rethink my comments a little."
I love the Dicque "character" as he's been presented and also look forward to his demise. We've been set up for it from the beginning and if it doesn't happen I'll be very disappointed. Dicque's hubris, his arrogance gone wild, cannot go unpunished.

finner 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-19-00, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finner Click to send private message to finner Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: And the real winner is......"
Kelly is the least offensive person if your idea of a redeeming trait is not having a personality. As I've said before, Burnett could have cast a toaster in place of her, and the public wouldn't have noticed the difference. She is the only person that I definitely do not want to see win.
Rich deserves the most credit. Some people detest his one-on-ones with the camera, claiming that he's cocky. I enjoy these though, because he offers insight into his strategy and we get to see how the game is unfolding in his eyes.

Laney 60 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-00, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Laney Click to send private message to Laney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And the real winner is......"
I agree that the winner has to be Sue or Kelly. You mentioned The Globe clues, and I've heard these mentioned vaguely elsewhere... I looked all over the web today looking for the article/or complete set of clues and couldn't find them. If you have these "clues" could you post them? (Not that I hold put a lot of trust in The Globe-- but I would find it interesting to see who fits most of these clues.) Thank you.

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-20-00, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Globe clues"
Erin25 posted these on this board back on 8-11.

http://www.survivorblows.com/survivorblows/boards/DCForumID2/93.shtml

Note, though, that on the list she typed in, it says "eyes that glow" instead of "eye that glows."

Good post. The fact that we don't like some or all of the contestants personally shouldn't influence our analysis.

One more thought on the "obvious in week 8" idea. If it was obvious that the TA were going to be the last four, wouldn't the fact that one of them was so much younger and more athletic than the others be a reason to think that person would win (with the help of ICs)? I wonder if that's the real reason for these quizzes near the end -- to cut down athletic dominance as a factor in making the final 3. Didn't work last week!

JustMe 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-20-00, 04:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JustMe Click to send private message to JustMe Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: And the real winner is......"
>I think that the winner will
>be Kelly.
<snip>

You're not alone.
I've been calling it for Kelly for the last couple of weeks.

Although Intertops -- the online gambling site -- is giving her
the worst odds, our local TV critic (Detroit Free Press) is
giving her the best!

http://www.freep.com/cgi-bin/entertaintease.pl?/entertainment/tvandradio/chop20_20000820.htm

Who'll win?

August 20, 2000

BY MIKE DUFFY
FREE PRESS TV WRITER

Tacky but still true, nice guys (and
gals) finish last on Pulau Tiga.

It's the scheming team of Richard,
Rudy, Susan and Kelly that greedily
goes for the gold on the final
"Survivor." But to win the ultimate
survival prize of $1 million, the conniving quartet will have to turn
the treachery and mind games on one another.

The old Tagi tribe voting alliance is about to self-destruct.

The final winner?

Well, a lot depends on the possibly bruised feelings of the South
China Sea Supreme Court, otherwise known as the Gang of
Seven. This collection of castaways who were voted off the island
now sits in judgment. They'll select the winner of the $1 million.

So let's handicap the Final Four and playfully figure the odds.

Rudy Boesch, 72, the gruff, no-nonsense ex-Navy SEAL from
Virginia. Depending on your viewpoint, he's either an irascible old
coot or a cool, savvy poker player. Keeps his own counsel, wise
enough to play the angles and cruise along with the Tagi alliance
without seeming like a despicable rat. Odds of winning: 7-1.

Susan Hawk, 38, the rough-talkin' tough cookie and Wisconsin
truck driver. In the game of who's zoomin' who, Susan is
nobody's fool. She smiles in your face, as the O'Jays might say,
and all the time she wants to take your place. Seems to have
patched up differences with Kelly and formed an estrogen bond,
which could hurt Richard. Odds of winning: 15-1.

Richard Hatch, 38, the slippery Rhode Island corporate trainer,
is clearly the sharpest and most cleverly deceitful castaway on the
island. But so smugly self-assured that he's also a bad karma
disaster waiting to happen. And revenge-minded former Pagongs
on the jury are unlikely to want to see him walk off with the $1
million. Odds of winning: 30-1.

Kelly Wiglesworth, 23, the occasionally pouty, whining river
guide from Las Vegas. But she's also a pretty cool customer,
having won the last two immunity challenges. And she did reach
out -- hypocritically or not -- to some of the Pagongs in
quasi-friendship. "It's time to get dirty," Kelly said last week. "No
more Mr. Nice Guy." Odds of winning: 5-2.

grimace 6 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-00, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grimace Click to send private message to grimace Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: And the real winner is......"
The piece of the magazine article 'spioler' that makes me most think of Kelly is Immunity. Face it, nobody thought she'd still be in the game at this point - it was all about immunity for her.

"I mmunity. This survivor has survived in spite of the fact that
he/she hasn't done that well in feats of strength. Somehow
he/she has remained immune from the vote."

hoops_hagen_13 5 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-00, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail hoops_hagen_13 Click to send private message to hoops_hagen_13 Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: And the real winner is......"
Do you guys really think there will be a vagina alliance with Kelly and Sue?

08-21-00, 12:46 PM (EST)
10. "Vagina Alliance"
Yeah, I think there will be. If only because of the tie. I think that if Kelly wins immunity then Sue knows she's next. So the only way to stay alive is to go after Dicque with Kelly. They've been buddy-buddy for a while. Even though they had a blow out I think they'll band together to defeat the Evil One. Personally, I think it won't work. I believe that Rich gets to the final two. Burnette said a lot of resentment came out at the final TC. Who would bring out that resentment better than Dicque?

gorudygo 51 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-00, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gorudygo Click to send private message to gorudygo Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: And the real winner is......"
LAST EDITED ON 08-21-00 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

Nope, don't see it. Here's what is really going to happen:

Kelly wins immunity. In TC13a, Rich and Rudy vote for Susan, and Susan and Kelly vote for Rich. (This is the tie vote.) The tie is broken by Rudy switching sides, and Rich is bye bye.

In TC13b, Kelly again wins immunity, and brings Rudy along to the final two. Bye bye Susan. Kelly is thinking that she'll be picked over Rudy by the jury. She's wrong, and Rudy is the big winner.

Don't know how I know, I just DO!

08-21-00, 01:22 PM (EST)
14. "Kelly to final two - ugh."
I like your scenario and it is doable, but I just don't see Rudy stabbing Rich that way. He's got to think that between him and Rich he's a lock. But a vote between him and one of the girls might go the other way. Plus, he's got to think that Kelly would kill him off rather than Sue (or verse vicea).

I don't know. I don't like Kelly much. She's just too arrogant. Hell, I even prefer Dicque going further rather than her.

Burnette said a lot of resentment came out at the final TC. I think that resentment is aimed at Rich not Kelly. I think Kelly wins the next immunity challenge and that means Sue is gone in a tiebreak. Then I think Rudy wins the firewalking and kills off Kelly. That leaves Dicque and Rudy together...but not in a homosexual way.

Trutch 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-21-00, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Trutch Click to send private message to Trutch Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: And the real winner is......"
Rudy is the man........love him or hate him.

Little Bob 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-21-00, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Little%20Bob Click to send private message to Little%20Bob Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: And the real winner is......"
Right now I can see the two main threats being Kelly and Rudy. Rich and Sue will first try to get rid of Kelly but if she gets immunity Rudy will be gone. And unless Rudy wins the final immunity challenge it will probably be Sue and Rich.

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-21-00, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: And the real winner is......"
The real winner seems to be Rich. His business is apparently going through the roof. Regardless of when and if he is voted off, he is making a shitload of money now. If he had never appeared on the show, he would have never made anywhere near the money he will make now.

Plus, I can't stand Kelly, never have, never will.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •