The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How does Christy do it?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-11-03, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How does Christy do it?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-03 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

Maybe, it just me, but I continue to be amazed how Christy just keeps on moving forward in the game.

She started off by not getting along with her tribe. She barely survived the first tribal council, despite the fact that Janet had been caught smuggling in food by her teammates and was a physical drain on the team. If Janet would have been a little stronger or had not tried to cheat (at least tried to cheat in the mind of her teammates), Christie would have been gone in episode 2. She then starts to bond with Joanna and Jeannine. However, they are the minority alliance and unable to beat Jenna, Heidi, Shawna and Deena. But, Shawna gets sick and Christy survives another Tribal Council. She then is switched to the other tribe. She creates a 3-person alliance with Heidi and Jeanine. However, Heidi switches sides immediately. Luckily, the guys decide to keep her instead of Jenanine. Then there is a merge after episode 6. I am sure she would have been voted out if S6 was like S5 and they would have had a delayed merge (See episode 7 where the guys that liked her the best targeted her to be voted out). The merger takes place. The guys target Christy, but the girls use there charms to get Rob, Alex and Matt to vote against annoying guys like Roger and threats like Dave. Once again last night, she was the only one other than Deena to not know that Deena was being voted out.

We are now down to the final 7 players. Christy has never been part of a real alliance. She doesn't seem to have any close friends. The people we have seen that she has gotten close to (Joanna, Jeanine, Dave) seem to quickly get voted out. However, she keeps surviving by the skin of her teeth and amazing luck (Janet's food smuggling, Shawna's illness, timely switches and mergers). And yet there is strong evidence that she makes it to the final 4.

I can't think of another player in any of the versions of Survivor like her. Other underdogs eventually make some alliances that carry them through (i.e. Rudy, Kathy). She has none of that And keeps on chugging along.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How does Christy do it? jennk 04-11-03 1
   RE: How does Christy do it? smiles 04-11-03 2
       RE: How does Christy do it? Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-11-03 3
           RE: How does Christy do it? Krendie 04-11-03 4
           RE: How does Christy do it? Draco Malfoy 04-15-03 9
               RE: How does Christy do it? PepeLePew13 04-15-03 10
                   RE: How does Christy do it? Draco Malfoy 04-15-03 11
 RE: How does Christy do it? Boilermaker 04-11-03 5
   RE: How does Christy do it? DRONES 04-19-03 23
 RE: How does Christy do it? bobstew617 04-12-03 6
 she doesn't pi** anyone off janisella 04-14-03 7
   RE: she doesn't pi** anyone off KeithFan 04-15-03 13
 RE: How does Christy do it? Draco Malfoy 04-15-03 8
 RE: How does Christy do it? Q 04-15-03 12
 RE: How does Christy do it? DoodleBug 04-15-03 14
   RE: How does Christy do it? PrettyInPink 04-15-03 15
       RE: How does Christy do it? PepeLePew13 04-15-03 16
           RE: How does Christy do it? SaphireLady 04-15-03 18
               RE: How does Christy do it? Ra_8secs 04-16-03 22
 Christy aint doing anything. Wacko Jacko 04-15-03 17
   RE: Christy aint doing anything. esquire 04-15-03 19
       RE: Christy aint doing anything. SaphireLady 04-16-03 20
       One word.... Wacko Jacko 04-16-03 21
           RE: One word.... SaphireLady 04-19-03 24
               RE: One word.... 7sins_pride 04-19-03 25
       RE: Christy aint doing anything. SaphireLady 04-22-03 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jennk 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jennk Click to send private message to jennk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
Well, first off I think that her lack of relationships is more of an editting thing. Look back at some of the survivor cast off interviews.

I think her hearing problem is also somewhat to her advantage because others will underestimate her. At this point in the game, it shouldn't be about voting off the weakest link, it should be about getting rid of threats. The other survivors may not see her as a threat.

On a side note, on this weeks episode I noticed Christy had a hearing aid... I don't remember seeing it before. Does anybody else?

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-11-03, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smiles Click to send private message to smiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
I also noticed that she was wearing a hearing aid.

In addition to being a non-threat, I think the others are willing to keep her around because she is very easily led to vote the way that she is told. It is really amazing how far this strategy will take you in the game.

Barenaked Ladiesfan 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-11-03, 05:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to send private message to Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
About the hearing aid-- yes she has worn it. I started noticing about ep 5. She only seems to wear it occasionally, and it is only the left ear. It did seem to be a different color this week than previously, though it could be my imagination.

I think Christy, week in and week out is a case of bigger fish. She is not really seen as an IC threat, and I think most of the Alphas think they can just can her whenever neccesarry, and until then, she is just a nice pet. Did you notice she was not let in on the Deena boot, she voted Alex. That means even BUTCHIE kept it from her. That's why I think she makes F4, but is 1st to go, because Butch, for all of our percieved alliance with Christy talk, is really all about the Benjamins when it comes down to it, and letting her go on in the F4 would probably mean a Christy win. I think Butch is the swing in the F4, and he sells out the deaf chick to further his odds. I know I would.
You probably would too if you dumb-lucked your way into a 25% shot at a million bucks.

Obviously either Jenna or Mutt win final IC, and take the other, knowing that Butch would win the money hands down.

Krendie 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-11-03, 06:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Krendie Click to send private message to Krendie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
I'm of the feeling that Christy and Deena had an alliance, or a least a bond, that wasn't really shown except for the cheering/hugging after challenges and sitting next to each other at some TCs. And she was "listening" intently when Deena was discribing why Alex should go.
I don't think that her and Butch really have an alliance, they're never really seen together (although this may be editing). I think they sail along to the end b/c the rest (Rob, Alex, etc) are so busy getting rid of each other and stabbing each other in the back.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-03, 06:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
>About the hearing aid-- yes she
>has worn it. I
>started noticing about ep 5.
> She only seems to
>wear it occasionally, and it
>is only the left ear.
> It did seem to
>be a different color this
>week than previously, though it
>could be my imagination.

I'm thinking she has at least two hearing aids, maybe three. I think in some early episodes she was wearing an "in the ear" type, and then later on we've seen at least one, possibly two bigger over the ear types. If there are two, one is yellow, but I'm not sure if that's just lighting or not.

Pepe, can you help us here?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
I've only seen one all this time, as far as I know, in her left ear. It's quite possible that she has two - one in each ear, but with her long hair, it's hard to be sure.

Don't forget that they're in the Amazon where it's hot as heck and humid as well, so there will be frequent times where she won't be wearing a hearing aid due to the moisture (or sweat) 'shorting out' the hearing aid(s), and she'll be in and out the water and obviously you can't wear an hearing aid.

She wouldn't have both a behind-the-ear type and an in-the-ear type, I've never met a deaf person who had both or freely switched hearing aids -- they're expensive ($600 to $1200 each for a typical one). The great majority of hearing aids are skin-tone coloured, but there are some designer colours out there now.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

04-15-03, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
Thanks for the assist Pepe. I guess I was wrong on the in-the-ear type, I'm guessing her hair was just covering the back part of it earlier.

I don't think she wears one at all in her right ear. I seem to remember her saying that she couldn't hear at all out of her right ear, but could hear in her left ear with the hearing aid during the first episode.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-11-03, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
Although she is deaf it seems at least with the editing that is prevalent it seems that everyone else hardly notices that she is ever around. She is silent during most discussions and although she definitely has a personality that I personally enjoy seeing, she doesn't express it often.

A perfect example is that during the destroy the mask IC, she was the last Survivor that didn't have the first cut. Then Jeff pointed this out in one of his leading statements (I could go on and on how the comments that Jeff states make such a difference in the game) and then she was taken very quickly.

She might have had an alliance with Deena, but Deena never mentioned this even in her Early Show interview. She may have never had more than a very loose alliance with anyone.

She really is the ultimate UTR player in my opinion. And her handicap might work in her favor in this. I will be EXTREMELY interested to listen to her post game comments.

DRONES 615 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-03, 08:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DRONES Click to send private message to DRONES Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
"Then Jeff pointed this out in one of his leading statements (I could go on and on how the comments that Jeff states make such a difference in the game) and then she was taken very quickly."

grrrrrr...of all the things on this show that I don't like is the fact that Jiffy's coments do have an impact on the game. He needs to be more careful in choosing his comments. I can understand making a comment after the fact ie the balance polls when Roger jumped off he said something to the effect that Roger voluntarily jumping off. You must be very confident in your position. Other times in TC he makes comments that would make me set up and take notice if I were a player in the game. We don't even see but a fraction of what goes on at TC so I can only imagine what he says that we never hear. Future contestants would do well to listen closely to him for clues.

bobstew617 723 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-03, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bobstew617 Click to send private message to bobstew617 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
To me, Christy just seems to be one of those who are not taken seriously in the game and won't be dealt with UNTIL otheres perceive how the jury would view her in the F2. It's the same reason why Brian took Clay over Jan in S5 and Kelly W took Rich over Rudy in S1. It made sense in light of their chances against Jan and Rudy, respectively. (And yes, I believe that Jan would have beaten Brian in the final as I believe the only reason he won was that Clay was so disliked, and even then it was VERY close.)

I think the next real episode will very very interesting in how it develops.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-03, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail janisella Click to send private message to janisella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "she doesn't pi** anyone off"
that's how. Notice with this group it's who they're mad at or afraid of. Christy fits neither category.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: she doesn't pi** anyone off"
...which fits in nicely with the Nash Theory much ballyhoo'ed on different threads. Unfortunately not p##sing anyone off will get her voted out close to the end, everyone left will look at her as a threat in F2.

04-15-03, 06:28 AM (EST)
8. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
I remember telling Mrs. Malfoy during the first episode that if she made it to the merge, she stood a good chance of making it through to the end. It's like Jan last year, and Butch is benefitting from this as well. They're not considered immunity threats at all, and as such they're "safe" to keep around until the end.

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-15-03, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
I remember in Episode 1 when she got off the boat, she was discussing here hearing issues with the women. She said, as I can remember, that she cannot hear at all from her right ear, and wore a hearing aid in her left ear. I clearly remember that statment about the left ear hearing aid.

So I was not surprised to see it last week, and remember seeing it before.

FYI.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-03 AT 01:17 PM (EST)

Ya know... if the misfits were smart, they would use Christy's lip reading ability to their advantage. Since no one really pays any attention to Christy, she could be hidden in the background spying on the conversations of R/A/J/H and know what they are plotting...

Of course I don't think B/M/C are smart enough to think of that.

I think I remember Jeff commenting in an interview how WELL Christy reads lips... maybe this skill is shown more in a strategic sense toward the end and this is how she makes it through?

edited for typos

PrettyInPink 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-03, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PrettyInPink Click to send private message to PrettyInPink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-03 AT 03:09 PM (EST)

Ya know... if the misfits were smart, they would use Christy's lip reading ability to their advantage. Since no one really pays any attention to Christy, she could be hidden in the background spying on the conversations of R/A/J/H and know what they are plotting...

Jesus, that's good! I never thought of that, and to be honest, I've not seen any posters, at this board or any other, bring that up! (Then again, I'm very new to spoiling, so I may have missed it). It's almost like it's so obvious, no one thought of it. Wouldn't that be great if B/M/C thought to do that before much longer? God, what a huge advantage they could have!

"His name is Blane??? That's a major appliance, that's not a name!!"

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
Considering that Christy herself is a lipreading pro and knows it, I would be very surprised if Christy hasn't already thought of this strategy.

Having said that, she missed out on the group decision to vote out Deena - it's certainly possible that she was stubborn enough to support Deena or that the group decided to withhold it from her out of fear of her ratting them out, but it says a lot about how she's regarded in the group. Butch or Matt didn't think they should include Christy in the decision to target Deena, so there probably isn't a true alliance of misfits, even if Rob defects from Jenna/Heidi/Alex and rallies Butch/Christy/Matt to vote out Alex next episode.

Heidi: My biggest assets to the tribe are my athletic skills and my intelligence. I've lost one of them.
Jiffy: Which one?

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-15-03, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
while I agree she missed out, just want to throw this into the pot and watch it stir.

Maybe she did know that Deena was going but chose to still vote her way as the only real friend she had out there.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ra_8secs Click to send private message to Ra_8secs Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: How does Christy do it?"
Christy may or may not have known about the Deena decision. I think she did, and still voted for Alex to secure Deena's jury vote.

-- Ra, Spinning in geo/helio eccentric orbit

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Christy aint doing anything."
I think a lot of it has to do with her handicap. I know that will not be a popular statement, but she has not been in the loop on any of the Tribal Councils. If she were playing a smart game she would at least side with the majority when voting. She got in a shouting match with Joanna. She did the not to smart thing of refusing to work. She has made so many Survivor boo-boos. You seriously think she has a plan? I don't. Other than she is there to prove that someone with her disability can make it far in the game. Her goal is kinda like Brandon's from Survivor Africa. To present a favorable impression of "fill in the blank". The Survivors could dispose of her any minute since she will not side with anyone and appears to be the lone ranger. She's playing a game similar to Gabe for Marcasius. It will not last.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-03, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christy aint doing anything."
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-03 AT 11:10 AM (EST)

>I think a lot of it
>has to do with her
>handicap. I know that
>will not be a popular
>statement, but she has not
>been in the loop on
>any of the Tribal Councils.
> If she were playing
>a smart game she would
>at least side with the
>majority when voting. She
>got in a shouting match
>with Joanna. She did
>the not to smart thing
>of refusing to work.
>She has made so many
>Survivor boo-boos. You seriously
>think she has a plan?
> I don't. Other
>than she is there to
>prove that someone with her
>disability can make it far
>in the game. Her
>goal is kinda like Brandon's
>from Survivor Africa. To
>present a favorable impression of
>"fill in the blank".
>The Survivors could dispose of
>her any minute since she
>will not side with anyone
>and appears to be the
>lone ranger. She's playing
>a game similar to Gabe
>for Marcasius. It will
>not last.

That was my initial point. She has no real alliances. Whatever alliance she has been a part of, broke up immediately and she was only on the outer most part of any alliance. Gabe had friends and an alliance. Brandon had friends and an alliance. Everyone who goes far in this game has some friends and an alliance. She is the only player I can think of that doesn't have friends or any alliance. People keep saying that she has a relationship with Butch, but he targeted her to be booted in episode 7. It is amazing to me that she could get as far as she has while having all the problems I mentioned in my initial post. It is amazing to me that she wuill probably go to the final 4 (if you believe CO). Among thje remaining players she doesn't get along with Heidi or Jenna. Butch has already targeted her to get booted. Matt, Rob and Alex have only been with her since the merge and we have not seen any evidence that they have any relationship with her. And yet, she keeps on chugging along

04-16-03, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Christy aint doing anything."
I think alot of that is editing on MB's part. Deena and Christy were friends but you did not see much of that. Janet was friends with her for her 6 days, and according to Jeanne and Johanna they were friends in the end too. Butch would vote his aliance but I think he likes her. We also never saw Dave swingdance with her but they did per his interview. So I think she does have friends just not alliances. And, we might find that she has one of those too just later in the game. And I think that she is such a non-threat to them that they forget her, ultimately to their downfall, or if chillone is to be believed the next 3 will regret it. I like Chirsty and hope that CO is right that she is in the F4 and that he is wrong and she makes it to the F2. Though I do not think she will win because I think the jury will think she played UTR all the way. I don't think so, I think she has played smart. The only true dumb move was the last week, and I think she knew, from her lip reading ability, that they were voting Deena off, but this was her friend and she was loyal, can't fault her for that.

Anyway, just my opinion.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-03, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "One word...."
Handicap.

I disagree about gabe though. He had no alliances. He refused to have alliances. That is why he was voted off.

Good points though.

04-19-03, 09:53 PM (EST)
24. "RE: One word...."
I totally disagree with you. This is not about a handicapp. I think they just flat out, meaning Heidi and Jenna, just don't care about anyone unless they are "cute". The guys, are taking their cues from those two "cute" girls and just flat out don't care either. I think when they get home and realize what all they missed by not giving this young lady the time of day they are going to regret that decission. First because of the ribbing they will receive for their lack of humanity and second because if they had gotten to know her they would have realized she was a threat and voted her out. These people are stupid and they are the ones with the handicapp, not Christy.

7sins_pride 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-19-03, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 7sins_pride Click to send private message to 7sins_pride Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: One word...."
exaclty. handicap has nothing to do with it.
she has done her part very well. although she doesn't have any alliance or whatsoever, she made it through because she has the brains (well,sort of) and plays fair in this game. frankly, to hell to matt and jenna - CHRISTIE should win SURVIVOR6.. period.

04-22-03, 03:44 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Christy aint doing anything."
In the interest of how MB does things, alliances shown never succeed and alliances not shown are the ones that we get surprised with in the end. So am hoping that we get that surprise in the end. You know, OO7 (Matt) being alot smarter then Rob gives him credit for. So we shall see.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •