I know. First sucker to mention it has to be in charge. So it goes and since none of you wanted to risk saying it before I did, so it is. I'm running this thing and y'all can just suffer through it. One Dictatorship, One Vote.
So with that in mind, here are the rules.
1. Anyone interested in participating must both sign up in this thread and PM me either their mailing address or that of a willing mail drop host by midnight on Wednesday, November 21st. You must also indicate whether or not you're willing to ship internationally.
1a. When posting in this thread, list some things (categories) you might like to receive and others you really wouldn't. Complete allergy information might really help here. Just to keep your Secret Santa from, you know, killing you.
2. On Thanksgiving morning, I will send out all Secret Santa assignments. There may or may not be some irony involved. Or a lot of irony involved. Actually, you're the U.S. Open field and I'm putting the groups together. Fear.
3. Attempts to enforce spending limits typically don't work out. $25 is traditional, but the tradition mostly seems to be finding ways to violate it.
4. You must mail your package no later than Monday, December 10th. Those sending out-of-country may want to do so a little earlier, but this should be enough travel time for most.
4a. When you send your box, you must PM me and let me know it's been shipped. (Forwarding any tracking information would be helpful.) I will be in charge of pestering the late senders. Snowstorms will be understood.
5. Once the packages start to arrive, we'll kick in a receipt, guess and (eventual) reveal thread.
6. There is always someone who gets their box delayed, returned, lost, stolen, mutilated, or sent to Siberia. Apply now to be the lucky one!
And that's it.
Except for the fact that I'll have most of your addresses.
Mail drops? Highly encouraged.