The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Butch's "Dave" vote.."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-03, 09:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Butch's "Dave" vote.."
Something is going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of that would cause Butch to vote for Dave. I'm sure Dave went up to him and said "me, you, Deena, maybe Christi and Heidi" are going to vote out Matt.

I see only 2 posibilities:

1. Butch feels like Roger felt in that he thinks Dave switched at last TC.

2. Butch has joined up Christy and Matt in a block of 3 misfits that can swing left or right until the "popular" players are gone. This would easily fit in with CO. Feel free to call me stupid, but I can't see how Matt is as dumb to the game as they are making him out to be. I think he is playing Rob like a trumpet.

This week, block of 3, Alex, and Rob vote out Deena.

Jenna can join with the gruesome 3 some primarily because she is UTR and least likely to win another immunity.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. dabo 04-09-03 1
   Hint on E11 IC winner? Bebo 04-10-03 7
 RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. Jims02 04-09-03 2
   RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. munson 04-09-03 3
   RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. Krautboy 04-10-03 4
       RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. Q 04-10-03 5
 RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.. sorgee 04-10-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-03, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
My feeling is that Butch knew how the vote was going and simply tried to maintain his UTR position in the hope of not being next on the chopping block.

As for the misfit 3 you postulate, I think that is a very likely development, possibly it will be a misfit 5. Left out of Rob's power players list were Heidi and Jenna, who have been trying to control the game jointly according to their mutual strategy. If there is a fall-out among Deena, Rob and Alex, which seems likely, then it may be Heidi/Jenna who join forces with the misfits to form a new Misfit5 to oust the leaders3.

(Haven't had much time for spoiling this week, been bringing too much work home darnit.)

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-03, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Hint on E11 IC winner?"
new Misfit5 to oust the leaders3

Dabo, sweetie, stop bring work home, because you make sense here. The one question that comes out of it is, how would Heidi finish 6th if she's part of the Misfit5?

The answer is that the last leader left wins that crucial IC, forcing the Misfit5 to start cannibalizing three days earlier.

Or this could force the Misfit 5 to face a tiebreak situation in a 3-3 vote, as the minority 2 (whichever pair is less loosely allied with Matthew, the trusty swing vote) convinces the leader 3 to vote with them. When Heidi loses the tiebreaker, the leader and Jenna become the next 2 boot targets, with Jenna surviving by winning the IC challenge to prevent Matthew, Butch, and Christy from voting her out in 4th. Then she could make final 2 by either entering into a final 2 pact with Matthew or winning the final IC.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

Jims02 7407 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-03, 10:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
I agree with dabo.

We've seen a few situations where contestants know that they're going, so they'll tell their allies to vote against them to keep themselves safe possibly.

I'm guessing that this is the situation. You never know though.

In Honor of Summary Writers...
3. "Survivor is turning into Playboy At The Rainforest" -AMAI
4. "Eat a sandwich and contemplate how shallow you are" -dajaki
5. "She’s deaf! She’s deaf! Oh God, the humanity, she’s deaf!" -TechNoir
6. "Christy’s smile... one of the 1,612 defining moments" -TeamJoisey
7. "Christy wins the Jan Gentry “Aim High” Award" -Fester

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-09-03, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
We've seen a few situations where contestants know that they're going, so they'll tell their allies to vote against them to keep themselves safe possibly.

Listening to Dave in his post show interviews, I didn't get the sense he told Butch to do it but, you're correct, you never know.

Voting against your alliance when the writing is on the wall certainly has precedent. It worked for Vee (Boston Rob) in Marquesas but didn't do Penny (Jake) much good in Thailand. I don't know how effective it is as strategy though because it sends the wrong message to the others - namely, you can't be trusted and your loyalty is in question.

Krautboy 2750 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-10-03, 00:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Krautboy Click to send private message to Krautboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
From MarkoPolo's "survivor Insider" transcript we get some insight into Butch's motivation...exactly what Dabo and Jims02 have pointed out...

"Butch (votes Dave): Dave, you’re a great guy. This vote is for strategic reasons only. I wish you the very best."

Butch voted for Dave so as not to draw too much attention to himself.

Krautboy

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-10-03, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Q Click to send private message to Q Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
I was looking for the exact words after seeing this thread yesterday Krautboy. Thanks for posting it.

I think and agree with those posting here, it was for pure stategic reasons. The writing was on the wall, dave was going, why rock the boat.

It is astonishing how foolish humans can be in groups, especially when they follow their leaders without question - States: The Bene Gesserit View. All States Are an Abstraction.

sorgee 1455 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-10-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sorgee Click to send private message to sorgee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Butch's "Dave" vote.."
>Feel free to call me stupid, but I can't see how Matt is as dumb to the game as they are making him out to be. I think he
is playing Rob like a trumpet.

rob has made many statements indicating that he is playing the game full on. he has called himself the chess master. he has even remarked at how he is playing matt. matt has said that he has learned what he knows about the game from rob.
HOWEVER, we all know that strategies revealed don't win.
so i conclude that rob gets taken out at some point by matt's efforts. the teacher gets beaten by the student.
i also think that butch will be a part of it. he is down to slim pickings from his original alliance. he really has no choice for survival other than to go with christy and matt.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •