The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Could SeeBS be so misleading"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MeToo Click to send private message to MeToo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Could SeeBS be so misleading"
that they would show confessionals from a different day??

For example, there were at least 2 from Christy describing her dislike for Matt, yet she voted Dave anyway. Could these have come from a "future" date after Dave was already gone? After all, this week's episode was rather dull and predictable - could MB be trying to make it more interesting by borrowing future material?

If MB would do this, then perhaps these confessionals could be turned into spoiler value somehow - if we can figure out which ones are current and which ones have yet to occur. Obviously, MB is feeding us Matt for one reason or another (somehow I don't think it's to give us the next boot), but maybe there are other more subtle hints in these confessionals?

Of course, I could be overanalyzing. If so, sorry for the new thread.

MeToo

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading Loree 04-06-03 1
   RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading amylynne321 04-06-03 2
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading big idiot 04-06-03 3
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading ejm92 04-06-03 4
   RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading jeffho84 04-07-03 8
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading PepeLePew13 04-07-03 5
   RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading DoodleBug 04-07-03 7
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading Draco Malfoy 04-07-03 6
 RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading Spidey 04-07-03 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-06-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
Yes MB could do this. He has in the past. Even in the first Survivor we had confessional clips of Susan and Kelly from different eps. He puts in the clips he hopes will tell the best story and if that means showing ones that are in the past or future he will use them. He's evil.

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-06-03, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amylynne321 Click to send private message to amylynne321 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
I think the reason that Christy voted for Dave and not Matt was that she was scared to seperate herself from "The Alliance"- same reason that Butch voted for Dave.

I think she still thinks Matt is creepy.

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-06-03, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail big%20idiot Click to send private message to big%20idiot Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
I don't think the majority of "misleading" confessionals come from future episodes (too risky). I think they come from the same confessional, just edited.

For example; Christy could spend 10 minutes going on about why she wants to vote Dave out (editors cut this out), and then the cameraperson asks, "What bothers you about Matt?" - and that is the 10 seconds that is kept because it builds suspense in the episode.

Overall, I think the camerapeeps are trained to try to dig out a little negative from each survivor about most of the other survivors, and this gives the editors/producers a grab bag of options on how they want to build each episode.

BI

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-06-03, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
Yep, MB certainly does try to mislead....which gets me thinking...

Could ChillOne and the gambling people be just part of schemes by MB and CBS to mislead the spoiling community? It is feasible that Matt/Jenna are F2, but I'm too big of a skeptic to believe that we're getting info this easy....we got it last season, looks like MB would tighten up some.....anyways, remember the Gervase X? It's something to get you thinking, at least.....maybe Rob and Deena are the F2....you never know...

Survior 5 Anti-Bootee Champ, Survivor 6 Anti-Bootee Chump

jeffho84 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-07-03, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeffho84 Click to send private message to jeffho84 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
I don't think Burnett would get the CBS employees to make wrong F2 bets to try to mislead the spoiling comm, that would probably tread a little too close to fraud.

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-03, 06:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
Oh it's done all the time... we quite frequently get vidcaps from past and future episodes, complete with buff colour changes.

I should also say that I take Christy's comments to mean that she just finds Matt creepy, but not that she dislikes him per se. And she certainly didn't give any indication that she thought of voting for him or that he creeped her out so much she couldn't stand to be around him.

I also think that this could be fitting in with MB's love for irony as we may very well see a final four of Jenna, Matthew, Christy and Butch. What if MB planted these comments specifically because we'll laugh in memory of her comments when she later agrees to a plan to team up with Matt and Jenna (after what Christy said a few episodes ago about her) and Butch (after he voted for her a couple episodes ago).

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-03, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
I recall Christy saying about Matt "I don't know how much longer I can stand to be around the guy" - or something like that. Which I took the meaning as "I don't know how much longer I can not vote for him and string him along as Deena tells me to do".

Still... I think MB is very sneaky and has many editing tricks up his sleeve.

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-03, 07:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
Oh, they've been doing this all season. I noticed it in like the second episode. Christy had a black eye in a couple of her confessionals, but even by the time they got to TC she hadn't gotten it. At some point in the next episode, it finally appeared in "real" time.

Definitely bears watching.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-07-03, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Could SeeBS be so misleading"
This is a rhetorical question, right?

Also a rhetorical quesiton.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •