The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I hate cancer"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Current Message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-11-12, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I hate cancer"
This is OT, and I wanted to respond with:
- Wait, you are not still in your 20s?
or
- Dude, how can you remember your 20s?
or
- Wait, you are a dude?? (and ask for photographic evidence *coughGeneWildercough*)

But cancer and your story are serious topics.

I hate cancer too. Hate for what it did to my grandma, hate for what it has done to friends, and hate it for what it has done to almost strangers. Over the last bunch of years I have really enjoyed running in the Terry Fox run. This run raises money for cancer research, and honours the legacy of Terry who IMO is Canada's greatest hero. Google him if you don't know his story. When I run that run (not a race) I get very reflective of people who have battled cancer, and especially those who have lost. They have a board where people can write names of people who they are running for, and sadly each year I have new names to add to the list. And I think of Terry (who sadly also lost). I am hopeful that these are lost battles, and that the war is still to be won.

As for your story of your friend, I agree with Fro (as usual). We are all "built" from all those who have impacted our lives. Sadly too many of our builders disappear from our lives, but they never disappear from us. Remembering those people gives us special moments. I suspect many of us read your post, thought of someone from our lives, and smiled. Heck, maybe Kate will read your post and did the same.

Thanks for sharing

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I hate cancer   mrc     06-11-12       
   RE: I hate cancer   kidflash212     06-11-12     1  
   RE: I hate cancer   VisionQuest     06-11-12     2  
   RE: I hate cancer   bullzeye     06-11-12     3  
   RE: I hate cancer   Estee     06-11-12     4  
     RE: I hate cancer   HobbsofMI     06-11-12     10  
         RE: I hate cancer   byoffer     06-11-12     13  
             RE: I hate cancer   qwertypie     06-12-12     14  
                 RE: I hate cancer   HobbsofMI     06-12-12     15  
   RE: I hate cancer   kingfish     06-11-12     5  
   RE: I hate cancer   frodis     06-11-12     6  
     RE: I hate cancer   cahaya     06-11-12     7  
   Thanks, everyone   mrc     06-11-12     8  
   RE: I hate cancer   Tummy     06-11-12     9  
   Wow   foonermints     06-11-12     11  
   RE: I hate cancer   byoffer     06-11-12     12  
     RE: I hate cancer   mrc     06-12-12     16  
   RE: I hate cancer   zombiebaby     06-12-12     17  
   RE: I hate cancer   samboohoo     06-13-12     18  
   RE: I hate cancer   Seana     06-13-12     19  
   Joining the I hate cancer personall...   mom2bjm     06-13-12     20  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   kidflash212     06-14-12     21  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   Max Headroom     06-14-12     22  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   byoffer     06-14-12     23  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   jbug     06-14-12     24  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   mom2bjm     06-15-12     25  
     RE: Joining the I hate cancer perso...   mrc     06-19-12     26  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •