The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-03, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
This was the interview, apropos of the upcoming episode. I would have just bumped Yogi's thread, but since it was titled "Possible delayed merge", I figured it might throw people off. So I recopied Yogi's post below, minus his speculation on events that have already occurred:

Yogi 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson" 03-14-03, 10:42 PM (EST)

"Possible delayed merge"
This is an interview JP had with UGO. Since we are getting closer to the traditional merge time I thought this article may be worth discussing as there is possible information on the merge (or non-merge) as well as possible tribal alliances.
http://www.ugo.com/channels/filmTv/features/jeffprobst/

"What surprises me most is the same thing that has surprised me from the beginning. The thing that surprises me is the thing I have come to believe most about human nature: You cannot change who you are. You can have a situation where a certain person is in the driver's seat, and all they have to do to get to the final two is to just not drive the car off the road, and you show up at a challenge or tribal council and before you know it, they are turning so hard to the right they're in the ditch, they are past the detour sign, they are so far past go that you can't even get them back. And you think, how did this happen? Well, it happened because they can't change who they are, and either an event happened that caused them to react, or something was said at tribal council and before you know it, they are sticking their foot so far down their throat that it's lodged forever. That was a long kind of meandering analogy. The thing that surprises me is that nothing is for certain. We will sit there and say, "OK, it looks like it's these five against these three, and it's going to be a numbers game," and then you show up and, all of a sudden, it's a big shift; we are now at four vs. four. Well, so and so said something to such and such and now they are mad at each other and they are going to switch tribes and the other guy doesn't know it. And you're going, "Oh my God, how did this happen? They are screwing up their whole game." But you can't change their nature."

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift miggins 04-04-03 1
 Who is the 5? Who is the 3? koki 04-04-03 2
   RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3? Brownroach 04-04-03 4
       RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3? Cathy the Canadian 04-07-03 13
           RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3? Brownroach 04-07-03 16
 RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Spidey 04-04-03 3
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Loree 04-04-03 5
       RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift frisky 04-05-03 6
           RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift dajaki 04-05-03 7
           RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Loree 04-05-03 8
               RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift jeffho84 04-05-03 9
               RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift munson 04-05-03 10
                   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift jeffho84 04-06-03 11
                       RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-07-03 12
                           RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift jeffho84 04-07-03 15
           RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Brownroach 04-07-03 14
 RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Bebo 04-29-03 17
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift DoodleBug 04-29-03 18
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Brownroach 04-29-03 19
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Spidey 04-29-03 20
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift j_sen 04-29-03 21
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Devious Weasel 04-29-03 22
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift frisky 04-29-03 23
       RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Loree 04-29-03 24
           RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift tamarama 04-29-03 26
   RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift Boilermaker 04-29-03 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

miggins 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail miggins Click to send private message to miggins Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Thanks for reposting this. As others have said before, it really looks like the 5-3 becomes 4-4 is just an example, from the manner in which he says it. But this could be misdirection and be what really happens. Interesting....

koki 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-04-03, 06:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail koki Click to send private message to koki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Who is the 5? Who is the 3?"
Well now that we know the tribal dynamics at this stage in the game, we can figure out who is the 5, and who is 3, and maybe who will switch over making 4 vs 4

But I cant think of who the 5 and 3 is. Is the 5 the core alliance Alex Rob Deena Jenna and Heidi, and the 3 is Matt Christy and Butch. And if so, who switches over to Matt Butch and Christy?

Anyone got any ideas?

04-04-03, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3?"
Koki,

The 5 and the 3 would be who you say it is. But I'm thinking it's not that one person just switches sides, it's that everyone realigns. I think they go back to male vs. female factions.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-07-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3?"
The problem with a return to "girls against guys" is Chillone.

Whoever won the tie breaker would pagong the remaining tribemembers, most likely leading to an all male or all female final four. Even with immunity wins, you'd probably have 3 girls 1 guy, or vice-versa.

You could be right, but how would you fit your theory with Chillone? Yet more re-alligning down the road?

04-07-03, 03:04 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Who is the 5? Who is the 3?"
LAST EDITED ON 04-07-03 AT 03:56 PM (EST)

Whoever won the tie breaker would pagong the remaining tribemembers, most likely leading to an all male or all female final four. Even with immunity wins, you'd probably have 3 girls 1 guy, or vice-versa.

One might think so, but you have to consider which individuals are jockeying for control of the game as well.

I feel certain the women would stick together and pagong the men if they got a numerical advantage now. Yes, one male might hang on until F4 via IC wins, but not two as the ChillOne purports. So I expect Deena to get booted this week, simply because we know the men are not going to be pagonged.

The men have shown more willingness to turn on each other. Since the merge, men and women have worked together to oust men, not women.

Rob wants to be in control all by himself. If Deena gets axed first, none of the remaining women look dangerous, but there's still another "power" threat that needs to be dealt with in Alex.

So Rob is more likely to go after Alex next, instead of keeping the men together to pagong the women, although his plan might backfire because no one trusts him anymore.

Right now I suspect Rob will be ganged up on in Ep 10. After that point, the tightest alliance in the game will be between Heidi and Jenna -- Matt, Alex, Butch and Christy may all recognize that this needs to be severed, and that is why Heidi goes in Ep 11.

By Ep 12, no one remaining has any serious ties to each other. So, everyone votes for an immunity threat. My guess: Matt wins IC here, so Alex goes.

Then you wind up with the CO's F4.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Well, it happened because they can't change who they are, and either an event happened that caused them to react, or something was said at tribal council and before you know it, they are sticking their foot so far down their throat that it's lodged forever.

Deena, Deena, Deena.

Well, so and so said something to such and such and now they are mad at each other and they are going to switch tribes and the other guy doesn't know it. And you're going, "Oh my God, how did this happen? They are screwing up their whole game." But you can't change their nature."

Clearly Deena and Rob. Survivor pro, my azz.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-03 AT 06:55 PM (EST)

>
> or
>something was said at tribal
>council and before you know
>it, they are sticking their
>foot so far down their
>throat that it's lodged forever.
>
>

Could this be Heidi saying at TC that the men were taking each other out and the women were the final 4 during the challenge. This maybe woke up the guys to the fact that if the next one out is a man that the women can control the guys and take them all out one after another.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-03, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Yes, I think JP is thinking of Heidi. She wants to be the conniving Survivor chicklet, but she can't change what she truly is: a yappy DAW. She has no poker face at TC. She walks in with her heart on her sleeve and walks out with her foot in her mouth. Every single time.

If CO is right, Jenna lasts long after Heidi, which seems odd for such a tight alliance. If the others were going to take them out, it makes sense that they would do one the first week, then the other the following week. Why does Heidi's demise come long before Jenna's?

Because of her big mouth. She'll open her yap and spill something at TC.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-05-03, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
a yappy DAW

LOL! Heidi = neighbor's chihuahua that just won't shut up

04-05-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
"If CO is right, Jenna lasts long after Heidi, which seems odd for such a tight alliance. If the others were going to take them out, it makes sense that they would do one the first week, then the other the following week. Why does Heidi's demise come long before Jenna's? "

- My guess is that someone decides the tight Jenna/Heidi alliance has to be broken up. So they decide to take out the one that is the biggest competitor. They assume once Heidi is gone that Jenna will just be a follower. They don't worry about Jenna anymore once Heidi is gone and they go after bigger fish. Meanwhile Jenna sneaks into that final.

jeffho84 22 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-05-03, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jeffho84 Click to send private message to jeffho84 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
We've seen that Heidi may not exactly be the greatest Survivor strategist but we really haven't seen much about Jenna's plans. Perhaps Jenna is smarter than her stereotype and realizes that Heidi probably won't make it much farther in the game if she keeps on making mistakes. This could lead to Jenna switching over to align with Butch/Matt/Christy.

Then Jenna/Butch/Matt/Christy could either take a chance on a tie vote or pull Heidi along until she isn't needed. This would set up the ChillOne Final Four.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-05-03, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I see about as much chance of a snowman building challenge in the Amazon as I do Jenna betraying Heidi.

If Heidi goes sixth as milkshaky says, my guess is that Rob and Matt vote along with Butch and Christie to split up the dynamic duo.

04-06-03, 06:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jeffho84 Click to send private message to jeffho84 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Hm, you're probably right about Jenna and Heidi now that rational thought is applied...

So, if the Probst quote was about Heidi's comments at TC creating a 4-4 split Jenna could then switch over and vote with Butch/Christy/Matt/Heidi. Butch/Christy/Matt could then realize the threat Jenna and Heidi pose at that point and get rid of Heidi.

This leaves (Rob or Deena or Alex) to be voted out in 5th place (perhaps Deena and Alex seen as challenge threats, Rob and Alex seen as Final 2 threats). Since Butch and Christy would most likely gather a fair number of jury votes if they made Final 2 they would likely go soon thereafter. This leaves Matt and Jenna in the Final 2, as per ChillOne.

Barenaked Ladiesfan 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-07-03, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to send private message to Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I think Deena may start to realize how very mortal she is now that she lost the RC so horribly. I also think Rob threw the IC completely, smiling like a goofus and cracking wise the whole time, so as to throw off suspicion. I think that once they got the masks, Rob and Deena, if not everyone else, probably figured out what the IC was, and they may have formulated a plan. It seemed that their chops were quite strategic, whereas some of the others seemed emotional (you chop me, I chop you).

I feel that Rob and Deena are going to have a falling out. Rob is definitely the most devious player in the game, and I have a feeling that he will probably be the fault line upon which any restructuring happens. We have the spoiler info that Deena dislikes Rob now, and that neither make the final 4 ( if the CO is correct.) The other thing that strikes me is Jenna and Heidiho getting really upset at Deena and Dave for eating after coming back from RC. Jenna even calls her a "Fat Pig". (What a ho, got I hate Jenna).

The new alignment, if any, and if I had to guess would be: Jenna, Heidi, and Rob vs. Deena, Matt, Butch, Christy, Alex. I have a feeling that the Butch bite may be BS misdirection (of course) and that this is the week that Deena gets hurt, and maybe eliminated out of humanity, as opposed to a medical outing. That would leave the alliances shaken up even more. I have to figure that IC comes into serious play at some point, because I just don't see Christy and Jenna making an alliance at any point. So maybe the now 4 on 3 votes out Heidi, then Rob, Then Jenna Wins IC, forcing Alex out, leaving the F4 of the Chill One Prophecy.

Jenna then probably cozies up to Matt (admittedly clueless, and let's face it, horny too) pulling him in to get rid of Christy.) MATT wins final IC, and takes JENNA with him, either because he figures to score, or he figures to win because Jenna has screwed over virtually the entire Jury at some point.

'Course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

--BNL

04-07-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
15. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I agree the Butch bite probably really doesn't result in much, we probably saw the whole scene on the preview. It really didn't seem like much of an injury.

However, in the past we've been told in the previews when someone gets hurt (ie. Michael, Robb) because Burnett likes to play up how dangerous being on Survivor is whenever he gets the chance. Because of this, I doubt the previews wouldn't mention Deena getting hurt if it was serious enough for other people to vote for her because of it.

Also, if Matt wins the final IC and has to choose between Jenna and either Butch or Christy he'd probably take Jenna anyway. Both Butch and Christy have been able to make it that far without doing much (any?) backstabbing and are generally more liked than Jenna.

04-07-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
14. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I agree with Loree that the "something that was said at TC" could very well be Heidi's observation that the men took each other out of the IC competition first.

But I think the foot-in-mouth person is someone else, someone who is spurred on to eventually stupid actions by Heidi's comment. I kind of think Jeff is talking about Rob here, since Rob seems to be "driving the car" -- he's taking more passengers "for a ride" than anyone else.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Well, it looked like it was going to be 5-3, but then a bunch of folks turned on Deena so the 4-4 part didn't come true.

Some folks speculated that Jeff just used the numbers as an example. Was the actual situation 4-2 switching back to 3-3? We didn't really see a lot of folks mad at each other after Deena's boot, but we're sure being shown some anger in the previews.

Bebo says...919 beats 205 - I am your American Idol and the Baroness of Babedom.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Good point! Bebo - you are GOOD!

I can totally see Heidi being eliminated by the doomed "purple rock".

04-29-03, 12:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Very possibly if Rob switches back. I still think Rob is the person that drives the F2 car off the road, if Jeff was talking about someone specific.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
Heidi would also be a logical choice for a naked boot now, given M/B/C/R majority. I think she is considered more of a player and threat than Jenna. Then next ep., it is bound to be Jenna's turn to go and she gets immunity. The misfit 3 stick together and boot Rob. Another IC win by Jenna at F4 and Matt winning F3 and picking her over well-liked Butch for finals. It's all coming together now.

Adept at stating the obvious

j_sen 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-29-03, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail j_sen Click to send private message to j_sen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I think Deena could have been the one JP was talking about. Just before she was voted off she was arguably in control of a 5-3 majority that included A/H/J/R. The smart thing would have been to ride that team as far as it would go by voting off B/C/M and then worry about Alex. It should have been a slam-dunk but her personality got the best of her and she could not help going after her strongest competition immediately. It wasn't until she turned on Alex that she lost complete control of the alliance and the game. The result was not exactly a 4-4 split but the entire dynamics of the game did change due to her decision.

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I was wondering if this had come back into play. I could see it easily applying tonight, especially if Rob tries to switch back with Heidi and Jenna. It would seal his doom with everyone else if such a move failed.

- A GeorgiaBelle original

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
GASP...Can't keep up with you today, Bebo!

I had speculated that Jiffy's comment about how you can't change who they are fit well with Heidi's big mouth at TC. Now, I can see it fitting Rob.

You can't change the fact that he's a flip flopper among alliances. Last episode he executed what he called one of the most important power shifts in the game. Rob is one of us. He knows the Ambers, the MamaKims, the Jans. He knows that if he pulls a Lamber, millions will be calling him an idiot.

So, maybe he "overcorrects." He does the big powershift last ep, and then tries another one, not knowing when to quit. Like Jiffy said, you can't change who they are. And now that we're deeper in the game and we have a better perspective on how Jiffy feels about Rob, it's just the kind of cutting remark he would make about him.

How this would affect the vote, I don't know. But I like the other thread where Jenna goes. ;)

04-29-03, 02:21 PM (EST)
24. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
If Rob is planning to switch back and vote with Jenna and Heidi then that fight between him and Jenna must be staged for the others' benefit. Rob couldn't be so stupid that he is still hoping to be in a final 3 with Heidi and Jenna. Why take the chance of a tie? I think Rob feels he has more control over Matt and the misfits than he really does. While Rob was playing with the cool kids, the misfits bonded.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-29-03, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
>>Rob couldn't be so stupid that he is still hoping to be in a final 3 with Heidi and Jenna.<<

Agreed, and his comments on the Insider Yahoo thingy confirm that he knows the girls have to go. I did suspect for a bit that he'd want to switch back, but it doesn't sound like it anymore, and he does know the game well. It just wouldn't be safe for him to jump back.

>>I think Rob feels he has more control over Matt and the misfits than he really does<<

Also very true...I don't think he realizes yet that he's still going to be the first to go from the Misfit 4. They know he swings a bit too easily. He has voted (or plotted to vote) for Deena, Alex, and Matt while he was actively aligned with them.

Of course, with the Bodogg spoiler info, we can presume Jenna's immunity at that point, and Rob goes even earlier than F4

Boilermaker 260 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-29-03, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Boilermaker Click to send private message to Boilermaker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: JP on the 5-3 to 4-4 shift"
I tend to think that the biggest shift was last week and that Alex or Rob could have been the ones that Jeff was referring to.

Both were on the controlling alliance side, but Alex's nature was to try to put friendship (stupidity in my opinion) over competitiveness and Rob placed competitiveness over friendship. Thus their car went careening over the edge of the mountain.

We all know the truth about this season, and just about everything else that will happen, but sadly do not want to admit it. Spoiling is our nature.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •