The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Markopolo100 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-04-03, 04:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Markopolo100 Click to send private message to Markopolo100 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-03 AT 04:45 AM (EST)

I'm back with more recaps. I feel crappy after earning 10 pathetic points in Pirahna Pool. ARGH!

TRIBAL COUNCIL VOTING (ROB IS HILARIOUS!!!)

Deena (votes Dave seems like she is crying): Could you possibly have made this any more difficult than this needed to be. I love you to death but you are incredibly strong physically, mentally and emotionally. You are by far my greatest threat.

Heidi (votes Dave): You are by far one of my greatest friends out here and it kills me to write your name down your name tonight. You had an alliance with Roger just kills me but it's awesome that you kept you word. You played the game well, hard and those are the reasons we voted you off.

Jenna (votes Dave): Simply because you’re a strong physical threat. You have a great character and I’m glad I got to hang out with you. But you’re too strong, and usually that's not a bad thing but here, it is.

Matthew (votes Dave): He's a great guy, really enjoyed his company, but it's his time, I wish him the best.

Christy (votes Dave): You are a big threat. Thank you for teaching me how to swing dance.

Butch (votes Dave): Dave, you’re a great guy. This vote is for strategic reasons only. I wish you the very best.

Rob (votes Dave): ***Note he does it in big block letters and make big squeaky noises)..

(SMILING) Dave I think it's especially ironic that you work for NASA, considering that your ego is the largest object in the universe. Boo yah!

Dave (votes Matt): We've been honest with each other since day one. It's interesting how both perceived physical powerhouses are now ????(Can't hear it). I hope it's you and not me. Nothing personal. Take care.

Alex (votes Dave): (THE PEN ALMOST ROLLS OFF THE VOTING TABLE) You're getting my vote because just like you couldn't go back on your alliance, I can't go back on mine. You're way too big a physical threat.

THE RALLY SPEEDO

(This video was horrible, though I bet the ladies would like it. Dave is walking around in a speedo and people laugh at his buldge.)

Rob (confessional): Dave has done the quote unquote rally speedo. In the effort to get some positive energy, he put on his speedo and tucked his shirt into it, to try to show off, an odd move for him to show off, but I don't know if he wants to show off the family jewels today.

Rob (to Dave): What is the design of the rally speedo?

Dave: The Rally speedo, this is the first time it's been brought out. The rationale behind it, is that I feel I am a precarious position in the tribe.

Rob: Exposing your genitals is your idea?

Alex (confessional): The rally speedo was a helluva try. It was a valiant last-ditch effort. But not enough to save his ass this time.

Jenna (confessional): Briefs are good for girls but not for guys. CAN'T UNDERSTAND HER, but she is making fun of Dave.

Dave: I think showing everyone at Jacare that I am willing to put it all on the line for another three days.....

Rob: I'll be the first to say that you putting pants on would go a long way with my vote tonight.

Dave (confessional): I always have tricks up my sleeve. Any kind of edge I might get over Matt, I need. We'll see what happens tonight. Boo Yah!

DEENA DISHES ABOUT JANET

Pretty interesting stuff about the Granola Bar incident.

First, though, Deena talks about the reward challenge.

Deena: Deena got the bomb team. It could not have gotten better for me. .... I throw this out there to them as were waiting to compete individually, I told them "ya know guys, if I win, I am going to take one of you because I couldn't have gotten here without you. Realistically what were my chances to win that game. (She makes a '0' sign). If they were hog-tied perhaps and I had been given a 5-minute start. It was so nice of them to return the same thing. Alex and Dave said it was a great idea.

Off I went to Shangri-la in the forest. It was magical. I will never forget this day.

Deena (talking to Dave after their baths): Janet was the first to go because she wanted to go first.

Dave: Do you think Janet was the one who smuggled the granola bar?

Deena: Did you hear the circumstances surrounding that?

Dave: All I heard was that it was found in the box and you threw it in the fire.

Deena: It was a funky odd thing that night. We're all in bed, it had been raining and all of our packs are in the box, and it took a long time to get them in there. I was still awake because I was supposed to do first fire watch with Jeanne.

Janet gets up and says I forgot my bear. She uses the bear as her pillow. And Jenna says 'don't mess up the bags.' Because it took a long time to get them in order. Janet is rifling through the bags for several minutes. I walk over there to get my pants, and I look through the remaining bags. And she has two (bags) in her hand, and she is emptying something out of one of the bags. And from that bag, comes the bar. And Jeanne saw it.

Dave: Janet's looking through the bags?

Deena: But her bear is too big, you can't fit the bear in the bag. And out comes the bar. And she says, "this is my bag." And I ask "whose bag is that" and she says "I don't know," and I said "Janet, that bag is mine." I know the candy bar didn't come from my bag.

Deena (continues): I wouldn't have thought too much about it much, except for the little speech that followed a few days later. Janet said a few days later: "It must have been planted." And you know who says planted?

Dave: Guilty people.

Deena: Me thinks you doth protest too much Brutus.

And then there was, (speaking as Janet) "Everybody who knows me would never think I could do this because I volunteer at Children's hospitals all the time." So the plantation theory was followed by the "please forgive me because I am great person speech.''

Dave: That’s a logical argument, too.

Deena: Do I know for absolute certain that should took it? No. Could I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt? Probably.

DAVE AND HEIDI SNUGGLING

Heidi: For the record, when you're about ready to freeze to death, I don't care if it's Dave or Jenna, or whoever is by me, just please get me warm? It's wet it's cold, the log is freezing. It's ok at first, you can lay there for the first few hours. And then your body temp drops. And then I don't care. Like last night I had Dave on one side and Rob smashing into the other side. It was great. It was like a sandwich.

I love to cuddle. When it was over at Jaburu, jenna and I, seriously, laid on top of each other. I don't care. Keep warm and cuddly, I don't care.

Dave: I think Heidi and I have a great relationship.
We both know exactly where were com from in terms of relationships back home. Really we're just enjoying our friendship. It's been very cold at night, having wet clothes dampened the mood. It just so happens we're sleeping next to each other.
The whole slope of the floor is very conducive to rolling into each other. I'm on the edge and Heidi is on one side.
She's cold and I'm cold. Why Heidi? Because I am on the edge. Heidi is on one side, no one is on the other side. I'll roll over and a left arm swing and there ya go. Heidi and I's relationship is purely plutonic. She understands my unstable position in the tribe and she's trying to help me out

STRATEGY TALK

Alex is talking about a conversation with Dave to Jenna, Heidi and Rob.

Alex: Dave was telling me I want to be in the Final Six.

He said "Do you consider me one of your closest friends out here" and I said "absolutely." He said, I really want to make it to the Final Six. I know there's five of you running the show. I figured it out cuz I am out of the loop on everything. And I said "uh huh." Not that it's not painfully obvious.

Rob: Well, Mateo (laughter).

Alex: (Dave said) "I've been honest." (Alex) I said, "I know, but unfortunately youre going to be remembered for the alliances you make. You made your choice and rode it to the end, and it was a bad choice."

Alex (to Jenna): Jenna, thank you for picking me first. God thank you.

Rob: Thank you for picking me.

Jenna: No problem.

Alex: He said this to me the other day, (Dave--"I didn't have a choice, when she picked a guy, you we’re gone first."

Alex: Not that I would think he would pick me anyway.

Rob: I knew he would send me to Jaburu. I knew it. From before.

Alex: Oh yeah I knew it. I wasn't sure how it was going to work, but I knew it.

Jenna: He told me earlier in the night that Butch and Roger was his alliance, and he thought it would take him to the merge.

Jenna: Next opportunity, he needs to go.

THE MATT SHOW

THIS video is HILARIOUS. I was laughing NUMEROUS times. It's worth the $9.99!

Rob hosts his own version of a late-night talk show for Jacare, poking fun at Matthew while he's off fishing. Deena and Dave are not present. (Must be off on reward). Butch doesn't seem to be around either (probably fishing with Matt).

Heidi (confessional): The Matt Show is a make-believe Matt show with Rob as Matt and he has guests on his show.

Alex (announcing): Tonight on "Matt" we have Dave Johnson, Mariah Carey and of course, Pamela Anderson. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatttttt!

Rob: Welcome everyone (he stutters in a soft voice making fun of Matt's voice) to your daily edition Matt show. We have a spectacular, wonderful, fantastic show this evening.

Our first guest tonight, she is a star of both cinema and the world of music, Ms. Mariah Carey.

(Appluase)

Rob (to Mariah): It is wintertime. What are some of your favorite holiday beverages?

Jenna (as Mariah Carey): I don't really drink that much anymore. I've kind of just straightened out my life. Just a simple beverage with my family.

Rob (as Matt): I like lots of different types of drinks. There are many spirits I find that during this time of year really can quench my thirst for both spirits and fun.

Jenna: I find that when I take spirits I have a tendency to have a mental breakdown. I try to stay clear of those and concentrate on my music.

Rob: That's something I have a lot of experience with. In fact, I am contemplating one now.

(huge laughter)

Rob (introduces Heidi): And now Ms. Pamela Anderson, welcome to the program.

Heidi (as Pamela Anderson): Have you ever thought of adding a swing in your kitchen?

(laughter)

Rob: I've experienced all types of erotic furniture. In my world travels, and the swing is very popular in Indonesia and it's also very dangerous. When I lived among the pygmies in South America, they taught me many things about erotic furniture.

Jenna (pretending to be dumb Mariah, again and that's a stretch for her, huh?): I've traveled the world because I am a Grammy-award winning artist, I have met many different cultures. I can't remember them all because it's kind of a haze, but I am sure I've been there.

Rob: I have so much respect for those who bring music into this world. I find that music is an elixir for the soul.

Jenna: It really is.

Rob: Let's check in with our next guest. He's a 23-year-old rocket scientist he enjoys climbing and ice cream. And tomorrow, he will become the eighth person voted out of the Amazon. Please welcome Dave Johnson.

Alex (pretending to be Dave): Bang a Rang!

Rob: I like to collect languages and this (Bang A rang) word is unfamiliar to my vernacular. Could you please provide a definition?

Alex: It's close akin to Boo Yah.

Rob: I make a boo yah base. Is that something that's similar? Or do you find that you use other things for cooking white meats like pork or chicken?

(huge laughter)

Jenna: Or maybe a brick of manioc?

Alex: Uhhhhhhh yeah. I've never had your boo yah base, but it's got a cool name.

Rob: Here's a quote from French pastry and fishing to dummies, and I'll close the show with this. When fishing it's always important to remember ::IN CHINISE VOICE:: "Sing yang woa, dong way ching so ya choi" Thank you good night.

(Laughter and applause)

OTHER VIDEOS
Not much else here.

Dave's final words are 3 minutes long
He has this to say about his fellow castaways:

Alex is a remarkable individual
Butch we always shared a special bond
Jenna first ever blind date, saw her naked on a pedestal
Heidi same thing super attractice, super cool
Deena I'd never have met her and she's right in Riverside.
Also Chrsity. She's a amazing Shes setting a tremendous example for people with disabilities. ... Taught her swing dancing.

(DOES NOT MENTION ROB OR MATTHEW)

DOWN TIME
The Tribe talks about strippers and aerobics. Really nothing good.

There are also clips of the immunity and reward challenge. Nothing too differnet from the show to my knowledge.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yaho... dajaki 04-04-03 1
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yaho... SaphireLady 04-04-03 2
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yaho... djandy 04-04-03 3
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yaho... Loree 04-04-03 4
 RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yaho... wendyp 04-04-03 5
 Butch's vote kiki_k 04-04-03 6
   RE: Butch's vote Loree 04-04-03 7
       Let me clarify kiki_k 04-04-03 9
   RE: Butch's vote wendyp 04-04-03 8
       hidden alliance? FSUGUY 04-04-03 10
           RE: hidden alliance? esquire 04-04-03 11
               makes sense to me kiki_k 04-04-03 12
                   RE: makes sense to me frisky 04-05-03 15
           RE: hidden alliance? wendyp 04-04-03 13
               RE: hidden alliance? LookeeLoo 04-04-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-04-03, 07:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
Thanks Markopolo. I love reading these untelevised bits that you share with us. My views on most of the survivors are firm, except for Rob. I can't decide if I love him or hate him. He's walking a fine line between really hilarious and big doofus.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-04-03, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
Great Job, Thank you for doing this for us.

"Now I will believe that there are unicorns..." William Shakespeare; "The Tempest"

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

04-04-03, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
Markopolo, thanks for giving us this info.

I thought it was interesting that Alex said that Dave lived and died by his alliance, and the Alex was going to do the same thing with his new Jaburu alliance. I've wondered where Alex stood, and I think this clears things up that he won't try to form a new alliance and take control of the game, but will ride out where his new alliance takes him (which I think will vote him out next episode as the strongest threat).

Also liked that Deena cried as she voted out Dave, which showed a softer side that she felt bad about voting out her new friend, but she was still smart enought to know she had to do it.

Good stuff, Markopolo.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-03, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
a huge thanks again Marko

It's interesting to hear the things we didn't know. I wonder if they will show Christy and the swing dancing on the recrap?

I wonder who Butch talked to so he knew Dave was the target. Did anyone actually tell him that Dave was the choice or did Butch just vote Dave because he thought it would be him or Dave and he can't vote for himself. Hmm?

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-04-03, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor Insider Episode 8 Yahoo Platinum"
Thank you for the recaps, they are always interesting.

Deena crying was very insightful. I bet her and Dave will be good friend after this.

Heidi being Pamela Anderson... wonder why they did not pick Christy to play that role?

kiki_k 1444 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Butch's vote"
When I saw Butch's vote last night for Dave it struck me that Butch MUST be still in, at least partially, with Alex -- an original "core" alliance member with him at Tamb. See what they both said:

>Butch (votes Dave): Dave, you’re a
>great guy. This vote is
>for strategic reasons only. I
>wish you the very best.
>Alex (votes Dave): (THE PEN ALMOST
>ROLLS OFF THE VOTING TABLE)
>You're getting my vote because
>just like you couldn't go
>back on your alliance, I
>can't go back on mine.
>You're way too big a
>physical threat.

Is Butch still allianged with Alex after the initial "suprise" Roger vote? I don't recall anything that indicates in last night's episode why Butch would vote for Dave, so my guess is, the Butch/Alex and possibly add Matt (remember the Alex/Matt joint confessionaly episode 7) alliance is the "secret" alliance that MB is hiding from us. Any thoughts?

compliments of GeorgiaBelle

experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. -- Oscar Wilde

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

04-04-03, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Butch's vote"
I don't know about Butch and Alex having an alliance. Butch was completely shocked when Roger was voted out. He had no idea. Alex had lied to him as well as Dave and Roger.

04-04-03, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kiki_k Click to send private message to kiki_k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Let me clarify"
I know that Butch wasn't in on the Roger vote (which is why I called it a surprise vote), but since that time, he now is voting "Dave" -- also part of the Butch, Roger, Dave, and, before swap, Alex core alliance at Tamb. -- what I am saying is something had to have happened between the Roger vote and the Dave vote that we did not see that has made Butch vote Dave "for strategy" What strategy? And who approached Butch with that strategy? The only logical person is Alex -- a former alliance member with Butch -- he tells Butch they "had to get rid of Roger because he was p!ssing everyone off, and here is the new deal, its me and you to the end," or something to that effect. Otherwise, why in the world would Butch be voting for Dave now? and this somehow has to lead to Butch making final four. There is something we are not seeing and I am suggesting that Alex has reconciled with Butch AFTER the Roger vote.

04-04-03, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail wendyp Click to send private message to wendyp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Butch's vote"
I think Matt might have told him when they were fishing or he could have heard anyone talking about it. Plus Butch is not dumb, he knew from the IC game they were all going after Dave. I think he was smart to vote for Dave. However not all the votes were shown, so the tribe may not know that he voted for Dave.

FSUGUY 447 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-03, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FSUGUY Click to send private message to FSUGUY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "hidden alliance?"
This is starting to show.

Butch/Matt/Christy.

keep an eye on it.

Butch really likes christy and he and Matt are bonding.

3 of the final 4.

I see the 3 powers going soon and then they have control.
I also see Matt being an IC whore near the end on physical things. look at his competition. And people forget about him with the power struggle.

matt or jenna win the last IC and can't take a chance of keeping butch. he'd probably beat both of them.

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-03, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: hidden alliance?"
>This is starting to show.
>
>Butch/Matt/Christy.
>
>keep an eye on it.
>
>Butch really likes christy and he
>and Matt are bonding.
>
>3 of the final 4.

I think this is interesting. For these guys to get to the final 4 (and obviously there is evidence they do), they need a 4th member to there team. That would allow them to have a shot at winning this week's upcoming vote. Since I think its unlikely that Jenna is the mystery 4th person and since there is quite a bit of evidence that she gets to the Final 4, then Jenna must win the IC when their is 5 left and gets to go to the final 4 because of that. That leaves Rob, Deena, Alex and Heidi as the candidates to be the 4th member of this allaince. Since Rob, Deena Jenna and Heidi all think they are in the center of the dominant allaince, I would guess that the 4th member of the new allaince is Alex.

My new theory is that Alex gets them together when he realizes that he is being targeted by Deena.

DOes this make sense to anyone?

04-04-03, 02:50 PM (EST)
12. "makes sense to me"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-03 AT 02:53 PM (EST)

not that that is saying much, mind you.

Remember -- strategies/alliances shown usually fail in Survivor)with the exception of last year's Brian win). So, I am trying to look for the hidden (by editing) alliances.
As I posted above (and forgive the repeats), I think Butch voted for Dave last night because after the Roger vote (which he didn't know about) Alex (an original member of the Tamb. core alliance) must have reconciled with him. So, Alex has Butch with HIM -- separate from his Deena & girls alliance.
Also, I think that even though Alex and Matt are never shown talking together, etc. they WERE shown last week (ep. 7) in a joint confessional -- the first time I recall seeing a joint confessional ever on Survivor -- the only other pair in a joint confessional that episode were Heidi and Jenna -- whom we know are alliagned. So, the joint confessional indicates (to me) that Matt and Alex are more closely alliagned then the outward editing shows.
So, we come to Alex, Matt and Butch being together from this point on -- Christy comming over maybe due to her friendship with Butch?
It is definately possible IMHO, because I really don't think that Alex is dumb enough to just hand the girls the game.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-03, 00:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: makes sense to me"
LAST EDITED ON 04-05-03 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

>>Remember -- strategies/alliances shown usually fail in Survivor)with the exception of last year's Brian win). So, I am trying to look for the hidden (by editing) alliances.

Good observations, and I just want to add a possible alliance hidden by editing: Christy and Matt.

More than once this week, we saw Christy's growing concern over Matt's weirdness. He creeps her out. He's wierd and he's freakin her out. The others are shown kinda joking about Matt's sword-sharpening, but the editing shows Christy as clearly disgusted by him.

I took this as misdirection. They may not be alligned right now, but something could happen to bring them together and take them to the end of the game. A date? ;)

Edited to say thanks to Marko!

04-04-03, 02:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: hidden alliance?"
Also, keep in mind Butch and Matt have been fishing together. And maybe "clueless" Matt is talking to Butch and Butch is educating him on the game.

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-04-03, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: hidden alliance?"
Thank you so much for sharing this! Great stuff!

I think Butch found out Dave was targeted by Dave. They still talk. I too am glad to see Deena's softer side. I really like her smarts. She was only really cocky in the group about Roger and I can understand that. The rest is in confessional.

LookeeLoo

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •