The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Canadian Idol CD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-03, 02:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Canadian Idol CD"
I just recently bought the Canadian Idol CD because I liked at least three of the performances on it. Here's my opinion on what I thought about each performance.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Candida's version of "I Will Always Love You" is actually the best track on the whole album. It is very unfortunate she was voted out so early because based on this performance alone, I would say she was probably not only the best female in the competition but also the best singer as well.

Billy's version of "Superstar" was my second favorite song. I'll admit, I really wasn't a fan of his until very recently. When he lost his voice at the auditions, I thought he should've been out. However, here he proved that he was deserving of his place in the Top 3.

NOT BAD:

I was a Mikey fan from the very beginning when I heard him do Lionel Ritchie's "Hello". However, his performance here of "Sometimes When We Touch" was okay, but not unbelievable. He is one of the reason why I bought the CD. I just wished he picked some songs that allowed him to show more power to his voice (although he is kind of a sappy singer).

Ryan's version of "Just The Way You Are" was very fitting for him. He picked the right song for his voice. He sounds very much like Billy Joel though. I would've liked to have seen him put more of an original twist to it.

Jenny's version of "Tower Of Song" was actually not bad at all. I think that if I did not know what she looked like or how bad her stage presence was, I wouldn't mind her voice, which sounds a little like Alanis Morissette or Avril Lavigne in it's rawness.

Even Gary's take on "At This Moment" wasn't bad. Again, I don't think Gary is a great singer overall but he is good at what he does, which is add a gospel, "soul" feel to a song. He gets away with it here but that doesn't mean he should ALWAYS do it!

Toya's "Try It On My Own" was also one of the better songs on the CD. She is a good singer but alas, not very original. Listening to her sing makes me feel like I've heard it all before from someone else.

Tyler's "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me" was okay but I don't care for his country-Elvis style of singing and over-singing.

DOWNRIGHT AWFUL:

How Karen got into the Top 11 I'll never know. Her version of "Come Away With Me" was boring at best and downright awful. I'm not sure if it was her song choice or just her singing style but put together, it made for a bad performance.

Audrey's "Reflection" was equally as bad. The girl cannot sing outside her "safe" range and when she does, her voice cracks and you could hear her accent come out. She has no power in her voice at all. I think she got into the Top 11 with sympathy votes.

Ritchie's version of "Your Smiling Face" was just downright annoying. I'm not sure if it's the song or his voice or just him but it did nothing for me. It's almost grating in how annoying this song is to listen to.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Canadian Idol CD strid333 09-15-03 1
   RE: Canadian Idol CD Lumster 09-16-03 2
       RE: Canadian Idol CD baby_girl41 11-23-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-15-03, 04:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Canadian Idol CD"
Hmmm. Interesting. It sounds like I was pretty much right in not wanting to buy the CD. I might download all the tracks, listen to them once and delete them. I haven't even decided yet. I'm pretty fussy when it comes to spending money on CDs. The RIAA wants us to shell out $20 for a CD and only 1 or 2 songs are good. Since when is it worth paying $10 for 1 song that we could get tired of if overplayed on the radio?

Three is the perfect number.

Lumster 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-03, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lumster Click to send private message to Lumster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Canadian Idol CD"
As a general rule, I don't buy CD's anymore unless I like at least 3 songs from it. Or if I like an artist very much. There's nothing I hate more than buying a CD and liking only one song on it. Might as well just download it.

baby_girl41 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-23-03, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail baby_girl41 Click to send private message to baby_girl41 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Canadian Idol CD"
Well i think that you have a good point. But sometimes you should want to still buy a CD, even if you are just only going to like one song on there. If you have brothers or sisters or kids or whatever, they may like a lot or all of the songs on the CD.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •