The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS radio spot this morning"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-03, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS radio spot this morning"
VO: First, on Survivor -- You won't believe what some castaways will do to take control of the game.

Woman (Jenna, I think, but might be Heidi): We are the original Survivor girls, by law.

I didn't have a chance to write down the exact transcript, but this is 98% accurate. It really sounded like Jenna said "by law", though that's kind of odd.

Since the spot is out there I figured I would post it, but I wouldn't put too much emphasis on it as an indicator of anything. The Jenna quote may not be from this Ep -- in S5 the quotes were sometimes from prior episodes. Once they even used a Ken or Penny snippet after they had already been booted.

My overall sense from S5 was that these spots were weak attempts at misdirection, and/or they blew up minor incidents out of proportion. The spot probably goes by too fast for the general public to determine exactly who is speaking, or even remember what was said.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS radio spot this morning iheartmagilla 04-03-03 1
   RE: CBS radio spot this morning Brownroach 04-03-03 2
       RE: CBS radio spot this morning SurvivinDawg 04-03-03 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

iheartmagilla 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-03-03, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iheartmagilla Click to send private message to iheartmagilla Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS radio spot this morning"
This quote sounds very much like what Jenna said in the dual confessional with Heidi last week after they stripped, "We are the original Survivor girls gone wild." That would make sense with the snippet about, "you won't believe what some castaways will do..." Nobody could believe they stripped for oreos when they didn't even HAVE to. I think you're right that this is from a previous episode, meant to entice viewers.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS radio spot this morning"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-03 AT 12:17 PM (EST)

I'm sure you're exactly right -- I misheard "gone wild" as "by law", LOL.

Well I was only on my first cup of coffee at that point.

**edited to remove extra word. I guess I still need more coffee.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-03, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS radio spot this morning"
Agree. Attempt to exploit the battle of the genders, as well as the Heidi/Jenna sexuality thing...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •