The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS website Poll"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS website Poll"
Who is Jacaré's new leader?

Deena: she's strong
Dave: he's devious
Rob: he's got plans

Could mean these three are safe, and Matt, even though obvious, is the next boot.

After all, showing someone losing it in the jungle may be better for ratings than hiding his boot.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS website Poll dabo 04-01-03 1
   RE: CBS website Poll SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 2
       RE: CBS website Poll dabo 04-01-03 3
           RE: CBS website Poll SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 4
       RE: CBS website Poll Brownroach 04-01-03 5
           More like Irony Rain Crow 04-01-03 6
           What about this? Wacko Jacko 04-01-03 7
           RE: CBS website Poll SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-03, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS website Poll"
Dave is devious? Since when. Dave is in no position to lead right now, he can only resort to game politics while trying to hang onto his integrity. I think his being listed is cBS misdirecoin.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS website Poll"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-03 AT 11:08 AM (EST)

Here's my other thread post, which might get locked:

Here's the new CBS Survivor Site Opinion Poll:
Who is Jacaré's new leader?

Deena: she's strong
Dave: he's devious
Rob: he's got plans

I submit to you, per the Hollow Theory, that all three of these individuals are safe, by the sheer fact that they are mentioned. I remember these polls from S-3 mentioning three people, and all of them would be safe.

Based heavily on this, as well as other info, my vote is likely going to Alex now.

I think the CBS misdirection is mentioning Dave at all. But, calling "Honest Dave" a devious person is REALLY trying to misdirect us!!!

I think Dave's safe this week (maybe he DOES win II), and will vote accordingly.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS website Poll"
I must be wrong about mask IC then, maybe it isn't coconut chopping but Q&A. Punch the correct mask for a necklace, the incorrect mask gets you a bone to toss in the fire, in which case both rocket scientist (smart) and wackoMatteo (survivalist smart at any rate) have a good chance of finishing one and two.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

04-01-03, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS website Poll"
The (coco)nut cracker in S-4 was a Q&A, and those who answered correctly got to crack someone's (coco)nuts. I expect a similar thing here. Deena and Rob will still go for Dave's mask, but chances are he'll be going for quite a few himself, and Matt may escape long enough to win...

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-03, 11:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS website Poll"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-03 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

Just to play devil's advocate, Dawg --

The poll is asking who is the leader, "implying" that these are the three prime candidates to exercise a measure of control in the game now.

Couldn't Hollow Theory be invoked to say that some (or all) of them have no measure of control, and one of them may even get the boot?

**edited to correct bad grammar

Rain Crow 374 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

04-01-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rain%20Crow Click to send private message to Rain%20Crow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "More like Irony"
If so, it would seem to me to be more in line with MB's use of irony. "Here are potential leaders with no measure of control." rather than the Hollow Theory. Not that I am convinced one of them gets the boot. If I recall correctly, SeeBS polls are generally misdirection...they have rarely included the bootee, and then usually when it was quite obvious.

Still don't know who I am going to vote for yet...tough week.

"Onward Thru the Fog"

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-01-03, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "What about this?"
First off, I think they are showing too much of Deena saying 'the game is mine'. Even this poll mentions Deena and Rob as the leaders. My gut feeling has Deena getting eliminated this week. Here's how: Dave convinces Heidi to join an alliance with Butch and Christy. They also convince Heidi and Dave's friend, Jenna to join that alliance. Jenna being in with Deena knows her game plan and Heidi may also - they squel it to Dave. The 'cute' girls haven't really been shown to like Deena but just going along with her. Something tells me that Dave turns the tables on Deena and the 5 of them vote out Deena followed by Rob - next week. This would also explain Jenna, Butch and Christy in the final four.

04-01-03, 11:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: CBS website Poll"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-03 AT 11:59 AM (EST)

No, that is not what the Hollow Theory is about. The Hollow Theory states that CBS and MB try to misdirect us by showing us things that lead us AWAY from the truth (of the bootee). Sometimes this is done by hiding the truth in plain sight (like Ghandia's upcoming boot in S-5).

The Theory cannot be wrong, although our interpretation of it certainly can be (and frequently is). I totally ignored this Theory and voted Shawna when Jeanne was waxed. I might not have been right, but I wouldn't have voted for Shawna...

My interpretation of the Theory is thus: CBS is mentioning three people. They mention Dave as "devious". Obviously, Dave is not devious and never has been. But just by mentioning him, CBS brings his name into play. Since Dave has been played up to be the likely boot candidate, from last week's Deena and Rob comments, etc., CBS wants you to think "Oooh, they're saying he's a leader and devious, when he's really neither, so that must REALLY mean he's going to be booted!"

Therefore, in the contrarian nature that the Hollow Theory is, Dave will likely not be the bootee.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •