The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Starting Over General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Pinkflamingo 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-12-05, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinkflamingo Click to send private message to Pinkflamingo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
Ok, I love both of the LCs. I feel they both offer some awesome advice and "projects/exercises." Sure they are not perfect, nobody is. I know a lot of people have mentioned that they are harsh, but I have not ever felt them to be. This is just my feelings. Everybody can take something in a different way. So anybody else like both Rhonda and Iyanla as well?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... mylifeisunfolding 11-12-05 1
   RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... Pinkflamingo 11-12-05 5
 RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... EnfanTerrible 11-12-05 2
   RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... mylifeisunfolding 11-12-05 3
       RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... Pinkflamingo 11-12-05 6
 RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... Fanfromthe1stday 11-12-05 4
   RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... Pinkflamingo 11-12-05 7
 RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... PaintNmyNails 11-14-05 8
   RE: Surely I can't be the only one ... PaintNmyNails 11-14-05 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mylifeisunfolding 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mylifeisunfolding Click to send private message to mylifeisunfolding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
Personally I like both of them and I don't think they are perfect either. With that being said I have not always agreed with the methods they have used but I don't feel they do things in attempt to hurt the women. Some of the women on the show have such deep seated emotional problems I think at this point in time some of them need more psychotherapy as opposed to so called life coaching. Actually the type of coaching Iyanla and Rhonda are attempting to use is called "restorative coaching" which is a bridge between therapy and coaching. It usually takes longer and goes deeper than typical life or personal coaching. There seems to be a great deal of confusion and misinformation on coaching.

I must say though some posters do appear to hate EVERYTHING the coaches attempt which of course goes to show you in life you can't please everyone and you can go crazy trying. Some people will hate your methods and find fault no matter what you do and that is not to say that at times something is wrong this is more an observation of everything being wrong and nobody is always wrong any more than anybody is always right..

11-12-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pinkflamingo Click to send private message to Pinkflamingo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
>Personally I like both of them
>and I don't think they
>are perfect either. With that
>being said I have not
>always agreed with the methods
>they have used but I
>don't feel they do things
>in attempt to hurt the
>women.

Understandable.

>Some of the women
>on the show have such
>deep seated emotional problems I
>think at this point in
>time some of them need
>more psychotherapy as opposed to
>so called life coaching.

I have thought this as well and I agree with you. It's really a process of time and work.

>Actually
>the type of coaching Iyanla
>and Rhonda are attempting to
>use is called "restorative coaching"
>which is a bridge between
>therapy and coaching. It usually
>takes longer and goes deeper
>than typical life or personal
>coaching. There seems to be
>a great deal of confusion
>and misinformation on coaching.

I don't know much about life coaching, other than what I've observed on SO and what little I've read about on the net. However I've often wondered if there is a place where you must draw a "line" per say between coaching and being a therapist. I'm going to try and learn more about life coaching. It quite intrigues me.

>I must say though some posters
>do appear to hate EVERYTHING
>the coaches attempt which of
>course goes to show you
>in life you can't please
>everyone and you can go
>crazy trying.

Ha! Isn't that the truth and nothing but the truth? I'd say it is and that you couldn't have said it any better. It sure can be a hard lesson to learn and "get." Once you "get" it... it makes life a bit easier.

>Some people will
>hate your methods and find
>fault no matter what you
>do and that is not
>to say that at times
>something is wrong this is
>more an observation of everything
>being wrong and nobody is
>always wrong any more than
>anybody is always right...

'tis true.

EnfanTerrible 1239 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-12-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EnfanTerrible Click to send private message to EnfanTerrible Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-12-05 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

I like Iyanla more than Rhonda. Rhonda is a salesman and a showman. Iyanla has some nutty ideas, like that her daughter caused her own cancer by being unhappy. I suppose they have to be over the top to keep us from getting too bored.

mylifeisunfolding 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-12-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mylifeisunfolding Click to send private message to mylifeisunfolding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
Look at it like this 'cancer' eats away at your body right and many people open themselves up to many maladies due to the 'cancerous' thoughts they have going on in their own minds. If it's not cancer a person might possibly get another illness. Science and medicine are more and more seeing the correlation between our emotions and our health. That doesn't mean a person 'asks' for the illness but it's more of a reflection of having poisonous thoughts and feelings whether they are directed at yourself or at other people or at life in general.

11-12-05, 05:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
>Look at it like this 'cancer'
>eats away at your body
>right and many people open
>themselves up to many maladies
>due to the 'cancerous' thoughts
>they have going on in
>their own minds. If it's
>not cancer a person might
>possibly get another illness. Science
>and medicine are more and
>more seeing the correlation between
>our emotions and our health.
>That doesn't mean a person
>'asks' for the illness but
>it's more of a reflection
>of having poisonous thoughts and
>feelings whether they are directed
>at yourself or at other
>people or at life in
>general.

This is well put. It's reminds me of a Buddah quote. "All that we are is the result of what we have thought."

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin

Fanfromthe1stday 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-12-05, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Fanfromthe1stday Click to send private message to Fanfromthe1stday Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
I think they are both wonderful women who have survived great tragedies themselves. I would be HONORED to be personally coached by either of these inspirational women.

11-12-05, 06:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
>I think they are both wonderful
>women who have survived great
>tragedies themselves. I would be
>HONORED to be personally coached
>by either of these inspirational
>women.

Awesome! I'm happy to find out I'm not alone. ;O) I too would be honored to be personally coached by either Rhonda or Iyanla. I agree with you that the both are inspirational women!
---
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -Anais Nin

PaintNmyNails 21 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-05, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PaintNmyNails Click to send private message to PaintNmyNails Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
I like them too. I think they are both very loving people. Of course they are not perfect. Most expert type people that give counceling etc have experienced a lot of personal pain. If you are perfect you would never learn any life lessons. Would be pretty boring too...lol.

PaintNmyNails 21 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-05, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PaintNmyNails Click to send private message to PaintNmyNails Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Surely I can't be the only one to like the LCs!?!?"
Sorry the pic is too big. I won't post anymore.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •