The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Happy Days Reunion Special"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-05, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Happy Days Reunion Special"
Relieved that the entire cast is still alive, and therefore we were spared any weepy tribute montage, I watched a bit of this show last night. They showed part of the pilot, filmed, to my surprise, PRIOR to American Graffiti and it was "Summer of 42" comes to television. The pilot was not picked up, but it was aired as a segment of "Love American Style." "Love in the 50s." Weird.
Also, the network HATED Fonzie's jacket and Gary Marshall had to really battle for it. He got the powers that be to agree that the jacket could be worn, but ONLY if Fonzie's motorcycle was in evidence. So Marshall told the scriptwriters they could never had Fonzie appear WITHOUT the motorcycle. Later, of course, Fonzie could have arrived on the set sporting nothing but a perky fig leaf and ABC would have been fine with it.
Marion looked pretty good; Bosely looked frail; Joanie looked HORRIBLE, but then she never was a real stunner; Chachi's frankly forty; Ralphie's a greyhead, not a redhead, now; Potsie looks pretty good. Anyone else see it?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special weltek 02-04-05 1
   RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special ginger 02-04-05 2
 RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special nailbone 02-04-05 3
   RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special ginger 02-07-05 5
 RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special jkokoj 02-07-05 4
   RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special ginger 02-07-05 6
 Hey Ginger...Sit on it! zombiebaby 02-08-05 7
   RE: Hey Ginger...Sit on it! Puffy 02-10-05 8
       RE: Hey Ginger...Sit on it! ginger 02-10-05 9
 RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special seahorse 02-21-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
Yep, we watched it before the Apprentice came on. Joanie looked worse than Marion. Potsie just looked like he gained some weight, but otherwise still looked very young!

It was fun to hear all of these insider comments about Fonzie's jacket, the "catch phrases" & such.

I loved me some Happy Days.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-04-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
Funny to see the show that originated "jumping the shark." I really hated it when they started making Fonzie all cuddly and after-school-special, but it was amazing that the library episode increased national enrollment in public libraries by 500%!

Winkler's pretty good on "Arrested Development" these days.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-05, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
You listed all the cast but Two. Were Fonzie and Opie/Richie there, too?

Handcrafted by Rolly - ain't it cool!!

Keep lookin' up, cuz that's where it all is. o-

02-07-05, 01:37 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
They were there -- I didn't really talk about them because we see them all the time (in fact, they both work on "Arrested Development" now; Howard produces and narrates the show and Winkler plays a scumbucket attorney).

Oh, Jenny Piccolo looks good, too.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-07-05, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
I missed it! We were at Disney on Ice...woo hoo! I loved Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley! I hope to see it over the summer on a re-run. Was it on ABC? Sometimes ABC will re-run their shows on ABC Family.

Has seen the Fonz jacket at the Smithsonian

02-07-05, 01:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
Yup. ABC. And Laverne and Shirley were both there, looking pretty good.

When I was in Malaysia "L&S" was the number one show, in English. I guess it was slapstick enough to watch even if you didn't know what the heck they were saying.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

02-08-05, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Hey Ginger...Sit on it!"
I saw it! But where was Al? They never really even mentioned him but they brought out the two Chucks!

Ralph was always my favorite.

Looking back at this show I just loved it! But now it looks so corny! I don't think a show like that would ever fly today. I tell ya Joannie would never had been cast if it were today as well.

I really do enjoy Henry Winkler, there seems to be something very nice and real about him. My friend sat next to him at a Broadway show and started to talk to him and he offered her and her husband a ride to the train station in his limo. She said he was so nice.

What I like best about this special was that Gary Marshall hosted it. Seemed more genuine than some current day celebrity fanning over them.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-05, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Hey Ginger...Sit on it!"

I think Al died and that's why Arnold took over. He appeared at the end of the show.

02-10-05, 06:39 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Hey Ginger...Sit on it!"
Nope - Arnold was the original. He quit (and I believe went on to make Karate Kid?). Anyway, Al was second. And he is apparently still alive, but 85:
http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/mnames-nf/Molinaro+Al

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-05, 11:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail seahorse Click to send private message to seahorse Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Happy Days Reunion Special"
This show was one of my all time favorites, unfortinately I missed the reunion show.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •