The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How dumb can these people be?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrssatansbabyboy 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrssatansbabyboy Click to send private message to mrssatansbabyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How dumb can these people be?"
I was flabbergasted last nite. Given the choice of a bus station out in the open or hidden cars, most of them take the hidden cars! The Festers (my team!!) spent 2 hours looking as did Momily. Had it been me, 30 minutes, no car....BUS!! At least rob and Brennan had the good sense to hop the bus. Frank and Marge just got lucky. what was even more amazing was Mom just giving up and Emily going along with it. Frankly, Mom always struck me as weak. I'll bet she doesn't pay the bills at home. The Guidos dodged a bullet last night they might figure out it isn't smart to be so arrogant. Since I hate them for this trait they may unfortunately learn from it and be harder to eliminate later. I think the tiger pit challenge was the best one yet. I noticed that Drew actually wanted the tiger to come up and sniff him, a real man. Good luck next episode. What did everyone else think?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How dumb can these people be? PagongRatEater 11-15-01 1
   RE: How dumb can these people be? heymikey 11-15-01 2
   RE: How dumb can these people be? sittem 11-15-01 4
       RE: How dumb can these people be? PagongRatEater 11-15-01 6
 RE: How dumb can these people be? Loree 11-15-01 3
 RE: How dumb can these people be? AmazingFan 11-15-01 5
 RE: How dumb can these people be? Anyacat 11-15-01 7
   RE: How dumb can these people be? Cole 11-15-01 8
       RE: How dumb can these people be? AmazingFan 11-15-01 9
           RE: How dumb can these people be? Cole 11-15-01 10
       However... KelvinKing 11-15-01 12
 RE: How dumb can these people be? KelvinKing 11-15-01 11
   RE: How dumb can these people be? StarvingButStrong 11-15-01 13
       RE: How dumb can these people be? Cole 11-16-01 14
       RE: How dumb can these people be? TeamJoisey 11-18-01 15
           RE: How dumb can these people be? StarvingButStrong 11-18-01 16
               RE: How dumb can these people be? MsCurlGurl7 11-18-01 17
                   how about some deception? mavsfan 11-18-01 18
 RE: How dumb can these people be? MsCurlGurl7 11-18-01 19
 RE: How dumb can these people be? asperella 11-19-01 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-15-01, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
I think that they hoped that the car would give them a time advantage over the bus - and that time advantage was one they desparately needed (or thought they did). After spending 30 minutes looking you are even further behind so you look for an hour, after an hour you have already invested...and so on.

Very frustrating episode. It was definitely no fun to watch Momily self-destruct walking around that neighborhood. I think it was a poor choice by the shows editors to focus on that since a) they were the most loved team still in the race and b)they were about to get eliminated, so why make them look bad.

Love the show. Really hated last nights episode. I went to bed last night with a sour taste in my mouth.

heymikey 238 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-15-01, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail heymikey Click to send private message to heymikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
I LOVED that episode! I thought that was the BEST episode yet. I mean, it was filled with suspense. I know that there will be an "unexpected twist" and I had about 3 in my mind that could be that twist. When DKNY left, one of them told Momily where the FF would be and I thought they were going to be disqualified for cheating. I thought that was going to be the twist. Well, when the Guidos won the FF, I was so happy but I started screaming at my TV when they decided to wait for the bus. I then thought that the twist would be them losing. But then, when Momily decided to ditch the detour, I had a feeling that they would be disqualified. I had all these three "potential" twists in my mind when I was watching and it was so exciting formulating scenarios in my mind how it would end. Again, it was very exciting to watch that episode!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-15-01, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
My view is that where Festers and Momily were dumb was in not doing an organized search. They had a map and the area didn't look that large - it looked to me like they should be able to cover the entire area within one hour if they took three minutes to organize their search. It often seems to be represented on screen that teams respond without thinking. It also seems Frangrita have shown more ability to "think" in recent episodes and generally make good decisions because of that.

The episode really sucked my son and I in as we got caught up in the emotion of the Guido's falling behind with the FF. When it showed them walking up the hill at dawn we're thinking they are dead. We had actually already forgotten about the Momilys messing up. Soon we realized they would get penalized but hoped it wouldn't be a death sentance. Then, as it unfolded it became obvious shortly before all were gathered with Phil that the twist was going to be Guido's being eliminated, but not really because of Momily screw up. What a gut wrenching conclusion!! However, I sure didn't lose sleep over it.

I agree that editors showed too much of the self destruction. However, I thought the interview this morning on the news show made up for it all.

Finally, a question for everyone. I checked out the popularity poll this morning on the CBS site - the Festers had a precipitous drop since their last poll was posted two weeks ago. What gives? I missed about 40 minutes of the "rat" show - (forgot to rewind the tape in the VCR - talk about an idiot when it comes to planning!!!) were they that negative that their approval rating could drop 30% or might there have been a campaign on the part of some group to post poor approval ratings to drag them down?

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
IT coult be that they offended some particular group (possibly Indians) or it could be a datbase error. A few weeks ago something similar happened with the Foggies and then the next day it was corrected. In the meatime, make sure you go and help improve their rating again!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
Nancy said on The Early Show that she just isn't a competitive person. So that about sums it up. She gave up.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-01 AT 02:08 PM (EST)

I don't think F/M just got lucky. I think they have exercised a lot of good judgment about the race. I bet they approached the whole finding the car problem in an organized way. When they finally came upon the car, it's not like it was hidden in a dark alley. It was sitting there on the side of the road with a guy standing next to it waiting for them. In fact it looked like there was another car right beside it. F/M think before they act, but they are willing to take risks at times and that's why they're doing so well, but a wrong move could cost them.

I think Rob and Brennan are smart, but sometimes they think too much, and they are a bit too cautious at times (remember the elephant ride?). This could cost them the race. I could see them being eliminated because they take the slow boat to China, so to speak.

The Festers are doing well but lately their nerves appear to be wearing thin and they're starting to act a bit desperate at times. I could see them making a huge blunder at some point, and being unable to get out of it in time. At this point there will be very little margin for error. The good thing about them is they seem to act on instinct, and their instincts are often right. To my mind their advantage is they don't think "too much".

There is no reason the Guidos shouldn't continue to do well. But their downfall seems to be underestimating the other teams. They continue to make decisions assuming "no one else will go there" or "the others won't be able to find this", instead of just focussing on what they need to do to win the race. I think this could be their downfall, and when it happens it's going to be *sweet* to watch.

Anyacat 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Anyacat Click to send private message to Anyacat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
I was astounded that the Guido's hung around all day and sipped iced tea. They deserved to be ejected from the game. I am also astounded that I watch this nonsense and comment on it.

Cole 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-01, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
Anyacat, I don't think the show is nonsense (I think it's great) but I am astounded that I check this website so often to post comments! LOL! You'd think I'd have better things to do at work!

AmazingFan, I agree with you for the most part. Frangarita are playing very well, they always do research and think things through carefully (well, check that, Margarita does).

I think the lawyers are smarter than you give them credit for. They are very good planners, twice now (south of France and last night) they have called ahead to arrange for transportation. They are a little cautious, but they are careful about not making mistakes and like Frangarita, think things through before acting.

I agree 100% about the Festers, they are the only team left that acts on instinct and emotion and that will probably cost them. If any team was capable of making a "series of mistakes" I would have thought it was them. As for the Guidos, I hope to see the same, to see them underestimate everyone.

AmazingFan 121 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-15-01, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AmazingFan Click to send private message to AmazingFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
It's interesting to think that if there's one team the Guidos would underestimate, it's the Festers.

Another thing is that the Guidos are in their 50s, I think. If the 11/21 episode is a big physical challenge (rowing the kayak, climbing, diving), and Guido is already starting behind everyone else - they may not be able to close the time gap as much as they'd like. I just can't see Guidos winning a physical race against any of the remaining teams, especially the Lawyers and F/M who are all in great shape. However the preview suggested that they may catch up somewhat to the Festers.

So on 11/28, we may be seeing a real race between Guidos and Festers for the third spot. Festers desperate and acting on instinct, with the Guidos trying to catch up to and "outsmart" them. That would be an interesting conflict.

I guess I'm changing my mind, Cole, maybe you've convinced me your lawyers have a good chance of making it to the "Final Three" after all. Your incessant lobbying on their behalf is working

11-15-01, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cole Click to send private message to Cole Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
Thanks Amazing! I hope everyone else channels it with me! I'm not so sure they don't get eliminated next. I'd like to see them win of course, but as long as they outlast the Guidos I will be happy.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-15-01, 08:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "However..."
I'm sure all of u have to agree with me, that Kevin/Drew's plane ticket skills are second (if not AS GOOD AS) only to the dildo's .

Look at the pathetic Lawyers and Momily, they all got to the air port around the same time as the dildos, and they got the 2 pm flight.

On the other hand, IF the Frats have gotten to the next destination before it closed, things would have been very different.

Plane rides will continue to play a big part in the rest of the game, and this makes up for all of their short commings.

KelvinKing 64 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KelvinKing Click to send private message to KelvinKing Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
I think all the tigers were attracted to Drew because he looked like an actual monk - with the shaved head and all, hehe

Notice he didn't have a vid cam tied to his head also ?

StarvingButStrong 74 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-01, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingButStrong Click to send private message to StarvingButStrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
What *I* would have done in the car hunt is find a bunch of young children (in the 10ish neighborhood), point to a car license plate, show them the number of the car you are looking for, and wave a fistful of the local cash. You can't tell me that a few active, motivated and familiar-with-the-area kids couldn't have found the car for you in less than a half hour.

I'm especially disappointed this didn't occur to the lawyers. Hey, they hire expert witnesses all the time!

11-16-01, 11:20 AM (EST)
14. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
Rob and Brennan are not trial lawyers. Rob is a corporate attorney and works on mergers and acquisitions; Brennan is a patent attorney. They have no expectations of appearing in court like you see on TV.

On the other hand, maybe you were talking about Kevin and Drew. Drew is a court officer and Kevin is a litigation consultant. These two are much more involved with the trial process.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-18-01, 03:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
HEY!!

Good thinking!

I've found my teammate.

Too much literal behavior, and too little creative thinking.

Who else was thinking: "Count the coins in the bowl BEFORE you leave the table!!"

StarvingButStrong 74 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail StarvingButStrong Click to send private message to StarvingButStrong Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
>Good thinking!
>
>I've found my teammate.
>
Okay --- I'll do the tigers, if you'll take the rats. :-D

>Who else was thinking: "Count the
>coins in the bowl BEFORE
>you leave the table!!"

I wondered if they could have worked individually: each one does a bowl, double your chances of getting the right one.

MsCurlGurl7 22 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MsCurlGurl7 Click to send private message to MsCurlGurl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
I think that they weren't allowed to work individually on that FF, and you had to just grab a bowl and put in the coins, then go back and do it again. If they could've done it individually, or count them first for that matter, one of the teams would've thought of it.

MsCurlGurl7

mavsfan 693 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-18-01, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mavsfan Click to send private message to mavsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "how about some deception?"
When I saw Mom and Emily counting out the coins, I was SOOooo hoping Emily would ACT Like they got a 108 coin bowl...
105... 106... 107... YEA MOM WE WON!!! Go running out of the temple.

The Guido's gather up their things and dash across the river to look for the car.

Then Mom and Emily just walk back into the temple and count coins until they REALLY find a bowl with 108 coins, and thus win the Fast Forward.

MsCurlGurl7 22 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-01, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MsCurlGurl7 Click to send private message to MsCurlGurl7 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
When it comes right down to it, when talking about the car or the bus thing....I just dont' understand how someone could even stand looking for a car for 2 hours. It would jsut piss me off more spending time not finding it than sitting on a raunchy bus. Kevin and drew shoudl've jsut gave up after 30 minutes or so, and if nancy and emily had jsut gone for the easy bus, then the game would be totally different now...and we wouldn't all be praying for the guidos to sink in a canoe or fall of a cliff next week.

MsCurlGurl7

asperella 10 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-01, 07:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail asperella Click to send private message to asperella Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: How dumb can these people be?"
Just talk about dumb people and you get a couple of loonies who are so willing to spend the night outdoors in front of the temple of reclining buddha, but when they get the FF, they check into a 5***** hotel sipping ice cold tea, and letting time slip by. Then, after 8 long hours, they finally boarded the slow bus to rock for another 11 hours before reaching their destination. Oh wait, I forgot, they had to walk all the way up to the Temple of Krabi...how dumb can these people get??

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •