The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-04-02, 08:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
Have we seen some foreshadowing in the last episode? The twins were the only team shown passing one of the broken down teams. AA were in first place leaving Cabo de Rocca, so it seems likely that the 4 teams that fueled correctly had to have passed them while on the road - yet only the twins were shown. In this week's preview blurb on the CBS web site:

"Two Teams decide to work together and caravan their cars, but when one breaks down, the other drives off without helping, leaving the stranded Team resentful."

Since the statement above is the first comment in the preview, I think that the teaming is more likely to occur at the outset of this episode.

Could the twins be the group left behind?

Consider that Ken/Gerard, Andre/Damon and Derek/Drew probably finished within a half-hour of first to third. KG have had a loose alliance with the Twins, but with the Leeches, I mean AD in between, KG probably are not going to wait around - they want to get as much separation as possible. We already know AD's modus operandi - cling like blood sucking leeches to whomever they can. It is possible that they hook up with the twins to go caravaning out into the desert. I wouldn't put it past them to ditch the twins if the twins' car breaks down. On the other hand, could the twins' do it again? Leaving someone behind - based on the storyline so far, I believe that the former is more likely. Is this a different situation than in the last episode where cars passed others who had broken down? I believe so, because the teams agreed to work together beforehand.

The only other group that could team up initially are JV/Jill and Flo/Zach. I can't see either of these teams trying to work with Teri/Ian. JV/J were always ahead of FZ in the last leg, but could FZ "turn the table" on them this time?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? Serendipity 11-04-02 1
 RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? Esbea 11-05-02 2
   RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? mindella27 11-11-02 4
 RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? SaphireLady 11-11-02 3
 RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? WHaTTHeMoLe 11-12-02 5
   RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5? VA Slim 11-12-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-04-02, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
More inclined to think the two teams are JV&J and F/Z because of the wording (that is, if we can really go by that). The word "decide" does it for me. The Brothers have already had an alliance so they wouldn't just be deciding now to caravan, plus as you say A&D are between them. I don't know what the difference in finish time is between them but probably not much more than 10 minutes. At any rate, three teams are involved here.

JV&J and F&Z arrived at the same time, and Jill actually invited Flo onto the mat with her. Again, I&T are close, but I can't see them being invited into the "group". AA are way too far back (at least an hour, and probably two) to be included in anyone's group.

I can't see Jill & John Vito just driving off, but then I find it difficult to imagine Flo & Zach would do that either. Flo is whiny, but she's not a #####. OTOH, I do see Flo & Zach more likely to be driving off. It would suck, but it is a race.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-05-02, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
This is such a hard call, especially since you cant count on the caravan-ing taking place at the beginning of the episode. Im gonna assume theres bunching somewhere, and that our Brother alliance will be the ones. There have been a couple of times where Gerkin have said "when we got there, we werent gonna share a cab, we werent gonna wait for anyone..." Also, it could be that if one is following the other and has car trouble or needs to stop for something, the one in the front didnt notice them stopping/breaking down..they just kept driving and all of the sudden noticed that the others werent there anymore. If that was the case, I wouldnt go back looking for them, would you?
A&D could be the ditchers....I cant see Ian ALLOWING anyone to tema up with them (besides, we know they get in the cab argument) so we know that Flozac isnt with JVJ either, and AA is too far behind anyone to put them in the running right out of the gate. I think youre right that its a pretty safe bet that its the Mario Brothers, the Twins or A&D.

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

mindella27 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-11-02, 06:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindella27 Click to send private message to mindella27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
I think its one of the grils saying this. So my thoughts go to one team leaves another, and the next team picks them up. After the ride they say that. Possibly Jill or Flo.

SaphireLady 2491 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-11-02, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SaphireLady Click to send private message to SaphireLady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5177/adopted.html

Having not seen the promo can not really give any type of intelligent response. However, am hoping that the twins and the brothers are nice. I like both of these teams and would hate to see anything bad for them.

WHaTTHeMoLe 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-12-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
"Two Teams decide to work together and caravan their cars, but when one breaks down, the other drives off without helping, leaving the stranded Team resentful."

I'm evaluating this quotation in conjunction with the title for Ep. 5: "I'm supposed to be indebted to her the rest of the race?"

As far as teaming up goes, the only logical combo I can see is JVJ and Flozac. The twins are already teams with the K/G, and Andre/Damon are closer to them position-wise and will want to stay there rather than teaming with someone lower on the totem pole. AA are too far behind, and Teri/Ian aren't likely to team up with anyone. As JVJ and Flozach have stepped on the mat together more than once, it seems a likely pairing.

The title sounds like something a left behind team member would say. Here are a few scenarios:

1) The two groups team up, but when Flozach break down, Flo starts spazzing out and JVJ decide to leave them. Thus, Flo is prompted to declare the title sentence.

2) Or the same thing happens and Jill says it as they drive away.

3) Or JVJ break down and Flozach are so insecure in their position that they leave them. As Flozac drives away, Jill utters the fateful title.

WtM

VA Slim 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-12-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VA%20Slim Click to send private message to VA%20Slim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Foreshadowing in Episode 5?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-02 AT 12:45 PM (EST)

Based on all of the new information available this week, it doesn't seem likely that A/D are involved with leaving a group behind - they have enough problems on their own! Since A/D are in 2nd place at the start, I can't see K/G waiting around for the Twins. As I said in my earlier post in this string, since A/D have been trying to do their best impression of a leech, K/G will want to gain as much separation as possible. This leaves JV/J and F/Z as the only teams capable of teaming at the start. However, I don't see the quote coming from the team left behind.

Oops! Sucked into believing that this quote came from this week's episode! Now, I see it's for next week.

Well I'll speculate here anyway (though it's more appropriate in another thread) and say that it is a quote from one of our 4 male-female teams. I just think that it is spoken between from within a team rather than between teams. Despite the way Ian has been portrayed, it doesn't sound like something said between 2 people who have been married for 20 or more years. At least I would have been told to "hit the road" long ago by Mrs Slim for comments like that! Of the other couples, the ones that have done the most "talking" (though mostly about others) has been A/A. I'll put Aaron down for the quote.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •