The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Assignable Immunity?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

s_man 579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-27-03, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail s_man Click to send private message to s_man Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Assignable Immunity?"
Last night, JP ask Deena if, given the option, she'd assign immunity to anyone else.

This brings up two very different questions:

1. Is this season's immunity assignable, as implied, or was this just a ruse by JP to get the conversation going?

2. Deena knew she wasn't going, so why not offer the IN to Christy to solidify her into the alliance. Rob and Matt had to know that Christy was the "men's" choice, so that also meant Deena knew. If Deena offered the IN to her, it would: lock Christy in; create "corn-fusion" amoungst the "BMA" (BigManAlliance); and probably create Deena a the new target - making it even sweeter for her to vote one of them out.

I know, I know speculation.......

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Assignable Immunity? SurvivinDawg 03-27-03 1
   RE: Assignable Immunity? DoodleBug 03-27-03 2
   RE: Assignable Immunity? jsanb 04-03-03 14
 RE: Assignable Immunity? Brownroach 03-27-03 3
   RE: Assignable Immunity? Loree 03-28-03 4
       RE: Assignable Immunity? Brownroach 03-28-03 5
           RE: Assignable Immunity? Bebo 03-28-03 6
               RE: Assignable Immunity? Brownroach 03-28-03 9
 Assignable Immunity - could happen Fast Eddie 03-28-03 7
 RE: Assignable Immunity? VanQ1 03-28-03 8
 RE: Assignable Immunity? KeithFan 03-29-03 10
 RE: Assignable Immunity? BMH 03-29-03 11
 RE: Assignable Immunity? koki 03-29-03 12
   RE: Assignable Immunity? whoami 03-29-03 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-03, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
I think this is like in S-4, where Immunity was transferrable.

I also think this is one of the silliest things in Survivor (next to the non-merge). Nobody in their right mind is going to give up their immunity! And if they even think about it, I have just one word for them: "Marcellas".

As to your points: Deena doesn't want to tip her hand about her alliances. Also, if she transfers immunity to Christy, then the three guys would target HER... and she wisely didn't take the chance that Rob, Alex, and/or Matthew would betray her.

All in all, Deena did correctly to keep her immunity.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Ain't nobody 100% safe in Survivor. I think this is a stupid rule too. Who in their right mind would give up a well earned immunity?

Still, you brought up good points in your speculation.

jsanb 178 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-03-03, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jsanb Click to send private message to jsanb Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
I think it would be rare, but I see when it could be used. Say there a 5 players left in the game and there a two sets of allies. So for argument sake we have A&B who are tight allies and C&D who are tight allies. Let's assume that player A wins the IC. Player E could go to A and say give me the IC Necklace or I am voting player B- your ally off. Player A could want to protect B and make the deal in return for player E to vote off C or D.

BUT, like Marsellas, one never knows what player E is really going to do.

Peanut Butter Jeff

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Deena knew she wasn't going, so why not offer the IN to Christy to solidify her into the alliance.

Or, why didn't she just let Christy win the challenge in the first place? Anyway, Deena doesn't really need Christy just yet, so she may think it unwise to (publicly) court Christy into her little group.

Did JP really say "if given the option"? I didn't catch that.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
It is Deena'a arrogance that is going to be her downfall. She didn't need the immunity and should have let Christy have it. Why make herself seen as an immunity threat? She thinks she is being so clever keeping her little alliance with Rob a secret. But she has been openly bossing people around and acting like a leader. Not a smart thing to do. She is seen as the most dangerous female. Her speaking up about outlasting Roger was really dumb. She showed that she had confidence he was gone like she was leading the charge against him. Why let everyone know that you are so sure of this? Unless the others are all naive and stupid, they will start to talk about Deena being dangerous and they will boot her.

03-28-03, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Very true, Loree.

I can understand that the women did not want to admit Roger to the jury. But I think Deena, at least, should have weighed this against other things.

First of all, if there are 2 women in the F2, Roger would have to vote for one of them. And then there is the admittedly slim possibility that Roger himself would get to F2 with a woman, in which case he would no longer be on the jury and the woman would probably win 7-0.

And in any case, Roger is only one vote. It wasn't absolutely critical that they get him out of the game pre-jury.

But the main thing Deena needed to consider is that once Roger is gone, she now has to be careful not to look like a dominant, bossy type. She was reluctant to be seen as the leader on Jaburu. Now she seems more and more happy to flaunt her alpha female status as the game progresses. Not smart.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
And in any case, Roger is only one vote. It wasn't absolutely critical that they get him out of the game pre-jury.

Since all but one Survivor has been decided by "only one vote", I have to disagree with you there.

A Bebodacious American

03-28-03, 04:08 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Perhaps, but if a woman and a man are in F2, there will be 4 men and 3 women on the jury. It's just as reasonable to expect that everyone will vote along gender lines. So it's just as reasonable to expect that the woman would lose, whether Roger is voting or not.

My point is, Deena should be planning to be in F2 with another woman, not a man. In that event, getting rid of Roger pre-jury isn't as critical.

It was by no means a bad move to get rid of Roger instead of Dave. But judging from Roger's IC performance, he hardly looked like a future threat. What if Dave wins IC this week? Deena's alpha female status puts her a little closer to the chopping block. Heidi, Jenna, and Christy don't have that problem.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-28-03, 03:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fast%20Eddie Click to send private message to Fast%20Eddie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Assignable Immunity - could happen"
This rule was a dud on Marquesas, dropped in Thailand, now it's back. Why? They could easily have cut out the 10 seconds where Deena was asked. Why leave it in? My speculation: at some point someone will actually do it.

It's hard to believe it would actually happen, for the reasons people have stated. Unless there is a sweetener. Suppose that in the future people are offered some compensation. Say:
- some amount of money, or a new car.
- some other kind of reward, e.g., seeing a family member.
- Strongest Link control, i.e., if the vote is a tie, the person who gave up immunity casts the deciding vote.
- an advantage in the next IC, e.g. a five minute head start.

I think you'll agree it is quite possible to make this a useful feature if they want to. So why didn't they make Deena a better offer? Aye, there's the rub. Maybe they thought it would be too cheap a giveaway, knowing the probable vote results. Or maybe I'm out to lunch on this.

VanQ1 66 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-03, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VanQ1 Click to send private message to VanQ1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
The other reason no one would ever give up immunity, is that there is still the possibility of using the previous number of votes against the survivor to decide the loser in a tie vote. So with that possibility, no one should ever give up their immunity for fear of even receiving one vote, which could make the difference down the line.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

03-29-03, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Good points-- but once again this will be the biggest non-factor ever on Survivor. I wonder why MB chose to bring it out of mothballs?

My hope is this. I'm thinking maybe it WAS part of the last Survivor, only once again it was a non-factor and they edited it out. Perhaps it DOES play into S6 and therefore they bring it up at the beginning of the merge? I know it's a stretch but I can hope.

Another thing...why is it always a necklace? Why not an immunity hat? Immunity shoes? Immunity pants? I'd bet that Jenna would compete like a bobcat for an immunity sash! (She already has the tiara crown).

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-29-03, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BMH Click to send private message to BMH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
Call me crazy but I just have this feeling this IMMUNITY necklace will be transferred at least once this whole game, I don't know why MB would even mention they are doing this crazy twist again unless someone was actually gonna use it for once

Hey it could happen, If Marcellas didn't use the Veto Necklace when it was so obvious he needed it there might be some un-selfish person left in the game willing to give up Immuity for somebody else

koki 35 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-29-03, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail koki Click to send private message to koki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
I know its really hard to think of any situation where someone would give up immunity for another player, but I think I have a situation where it would work...

Say they know for sure that the tie breaker is past votes and not some random thing like a rock. And its the final 4 with lets say Christy, Butch, Rob and Deena. Deena and Rob are allied, Christy and Butch are allied. Lets say Butch has no past votes, christy has 7, Rob has 4 and Deena has none. Butch won immunity, so Rob and Deena are voting for Christy, and Butch and Christy are voting for Rob. Well Christy would then be voted off because she has more past votes. But if Butch gave immunity to Christy, then Rob and Deena would have to vote for Butch, but he has no past votes and Rob would leave giving Christy and Rob the upperhand.

And I know that this situation is reaching but it could happen, oh and plus doesnt MB want to completely get rid of the past vote thing? Oh well

whoami 2936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-29-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail whoami Click to send private message to whoami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Assignable Immunity?"
This could be just misdirection to throw everyone off. If it is used it will be given to Christy by Butch? to keep her on his side. The alliences are all on shakey grounds. If it is used it will be when there is 4, 6, or 8 to get the swing vote. Maybe this is like S6 When Jeff asked if anyone wanted to change tribes and there were no takers and will not be asked again?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •