The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-03, 00:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

Matthew fixates on sharpening the machetes and creeps out his tribemates.

As Heidi and Jenna bathe each other, Rob voices his concern that they are using their sexuality to manipulate their fellow Survivors.

One Survivor embarks on a highly strategic relationship with a member of the opposite sex.

All Hail the Kittyloaf!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... tribephyl 03-27-03 1
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... survivorpinoy 03-27-03 2
       RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... tribephyl 03-27-03 4
   RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... Thaibeach 03-27-03 3
       RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... VerucaSalt 03-27-03 5
           RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... Loree 03-27-03 6
           RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... Brownroach 03-27-03 7
       RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... DoodleBug 03-27-03 8
 RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Slee... SurvivinDawg 03-27-03 9
 RE-VISIT!!!! SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 10
   RE: CBS Eyemail VerucaSalt 04-01-03 11
       RE: CBS Eyemail SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 12
       RE: CBS Eyemail Brownroach 04-01-03 13
           RE: CBS Eyemail SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 14
               RE: CBS Eyemail Brownroach 04-01-03 15
                   RE: CBS Eyemail SurvivinDawg 04-01-03 16
                       RE: CBS Eyemail VerucaSalt 04-01-03 17
                           RE: CBS Eyemail Brownroach 04-01-03 18
                           RE: CBS Eyemail jkokoj 04-01-03 19
                               RE: CBS Eyemail Barenaked Ladiesfan 04-01-03 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
Nothing different than what the promo shows. Also, nothing different than how we all already feel about "creepy-skull guy". Key thing is that his behavior only seems to creep them out.
Me thinks he's safe.

As Heidi and Jenna bathe each other, Rob voices his concern that they are using their sexuality to manipulate their fellow Survivors.
First off. If he has to ask, than the answer is yes!
What I can't tell from this, is are they all together when he voices concerns or is he 20 feet away from them and is voicing concerns to the camera? I don't know if it really matters because, later on Rob has a conversation with Jenna about those same concerns, when Heidi isn't around. Most likely, to find out if Dave is still next.

One Survivor embarks on a highly strategic relationship with a member of the opposite sex.
It has to be Heidi or Dave? Who is it highly strategic for?
Well, Dave seems like the kind of guy who would call it "highly strategic".
But, me thinks he might have caught a case of "Rogeritis" and is blissfully unaware that the forces have already chosen him to go next.
I don't see how Heidi could possibly believe that Dave could somehow help her advance in the game.
Yet ... it seems she's caught a bit of the "ShawnaNeucleosis" or "Sluttysloth Disorder". Alex must still be contagious. Just kiddin'.
All and all I think it leads to 2 of our potential EP.8 boots: Dave or Matthew.

tribephyl

survivorpinoy 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-27-03, 03:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorpinoy Click to send private message to survivorpinoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
"I don't see how Heidi could possibly believe that Dave could somehow help her advance in the game."

Dave is a potential jury member!

tribephyl 12393 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 05:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
"I don't see how Heidi could possibly believe that Dave could somehow help her advance in the game." Your response, survivorpinoy...Dave is a potential jury member!

You are absolutely correct!!
Heidi has shown an avid interest in thinking about jury votes, before. If Dave was smart (and he may be)he would be thinking the same thing about Heidi.

My point, really, was to get at the heart of their strategic decision/alliance. How do they use each other to stay longer in the game. I must say, that in the past, open duo's don't usually make it together to F2. By being so openly close to each other they are painting targets on their backs.

However, if the 2 of them decide to actually work together instead of pretending to like each other or actually lose sense of the game, the two of them could really screw things up for the majority alliance.

I now wonder if Heidi won't be thinking of getting rid of her competition ... Deena/the other leader. Heidi has recently been replaced by Rob, in Deena's F3 hopes. It makes me wonder if Jenna has a different F3 plan with Heidi. Or if Heidi has decided on Jenna and Dave, as her F3.

Heidi could get rid of Deena now, with Butch, Christy, Dave, Jenna and herself. Vs. Rob, Matthew, Alex and Deena.
If she does get Butch and Christy(and Dave) it's because they are nervous about 1.not being part of the majority or 2.the fear of being next, and are just happy they aren't the being targetted. Also the 3 of them have known Heidi longer than Alex or Matt or Rob have.

(post-Deena)It only screws Rob and Alex over. Matthew is too out of it. Heidi retains her Jenna (and now Dave) ties and she wins a little respect from Christy and Butch because they were not targeted.

tribephyl

Thaibeach 872 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-27-03, 03:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Thaibeach Click to send private message to Thaibeach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
it was interesting that tonight Deena and Rob talked about taking themselves and Jenna - not Heidi - to the end.

If paranoid Rob gets his tighty-whities in a twist about Dave and Heidi's "relationship", and Dave wins immunity, HeidiHo could be the next to go.

VerucaSalt 1580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-27-03, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
Teasers one and two are fluff IMO. However I will say if Dave wins II, Matthew is tanked.

Matthew is creepy but Matthew is a vote in Deena/Rob's pocket; they want Dave gone, PERIOD. I will say though that Deena wants the strong men gone so she hasn't been as forthright with her Jamburu men. Matthew and Alex are not safe with her; she/Heidi/Jenna have already discussed strong men go. This is where I think Butch is pardoned to get to the final four because the vote changes (like it did with Roger/Dave) and they choose a stronger male off BEFORE Butch.

I don't believe that in this strategy teasers with the opposite sex is something that both are aware of and doing together. On the assumption it is Heidi and Dave this refers to, IMO this is ONLY Dave trying to strategize. It says "with" but the word "with" doesn't have to mean the other person is aware of the scenario. Dave KNOWS he is SOOOO screwed, the look on his face at TC was clear indication. I think he is going to go to great lengths to embark on a very very strategic plan (FINALLY-I'm sorry but the greatest irony in this game is that the rocket scientist is completely clueless) with Heidi and I don't necessarily believe Heidi is being told his plan by him. I think he is just going to cozy up to her and make her not want to get rid of him. Rob sees this, gets burned up and paranoid.

Deena is calling the shots. Dave is going. What we need to determine is WHO IS GOING IF HE WINS II. It isn't Butch. It isn't Christy, per MS it isn't Heidi and we know it isn't Jenna.

Either Matthew, Alex or Rob (yes Rob too) are then vulnerable although Deena won't turn Rob out yet, she knows a buddy when she sees it PROVIDED he doesn't screw her and that is when he'll get bit in the ass.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
While the guys were fishing Deena clearly said to Jenna they may have to get rid of Alex. She said Alex and Rob have an alliance and if they get rid of Alex then Rob has to stay with them. So if Dave won immunity I could see them targeting Alex.

I don't think Denna or Rob will win this thing. MB is spending way too much time showing us their alliance and plans. And it keeps changing who they actually think the final 3 are going to be. They are going to get screwed somehow by having too many deals.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
I'm quite sure Deena's plan, which she hasn't voiced to Rob yet, is to take out Alex after Dave, and then get rid of Matt.

I'm quite sure Rob's plan is to take out Alex after Dave, and then get rid of Deena.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""
Deena was basically referring to NEW Jaburu before they merged. Probably just to make sure Alex, Matt, and Rob were all on board with her to take out New Tambaqui. That's why Heidi was not mentioned. Also, they were mostly just talking about the GUYS.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: See BS Misdirection, Ep 8 "Sleeping With the Enemy""

Is this like that big massive head wound the Misdirection told us about, or poor Alex's heartbreaking anguish over Shawna, each which was shown a grand total of 14 or so seconds?

Well *DUH* !!! Definitely one for the "You don't say" department. What an excuse to mention two good looking young women bathing each other, hinting at nudity and female-female interaction, then a chance to use the word "sexuality" to make sure we get the idea...

Yeah, I've embarked on a few of these "highly strategic" relationships with members of the opposite sex... and I'll let you figure out what my strategy was. However, this probably is the only substantive piece of Misdirection. We know from previews that Dave is going to be working the Cute Girls. If I were in his position of being up for getting waxed, I'd do the same thing. The clue, however, is in the fact that they do not mention Dave by name, which is always a flag for me.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-01-03, 10:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE-VISIT!!!!"
Let's revisit one of the pieces of Misdirection, shall we?

It has been generally assumed that this refers to Dave and Heidi. But I don't see Dave's fixation with Heidi's fixtures to be "strategic", so I would suggest that this line could refer to another strategic relationship, and I submit two possibilites to you:

1) It's the Deena/Rob relationship that will be explored further. If it is true (from spoiler info) that Deena comes home disliking Rob, then he may have betrayed their alliance. In that case, this relationship's "story arc" would be developed, and this could be referring to that.

2) Christy and Butch. It is possible that Christy is going to start seeing the light about some things. So she allies with Butch. If they are in with Deena, then this would be some support for the abovementioned spoiler about Deena (she dislikes Rob but really likes Christy and Butch).

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

04-01-03, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VerucaSalt Click to send private message to VerucaSalt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
On the next SURVIVOR: THE AMAZON, the tribe feels like Matt is losing his grip on reality when he becomes obsessed with his machete.

Plus, Heidi and Dave begin to bond, which makes her alliance nervous.

Still inclined to think this is Dave embarking at Heidi

04-01-03, 10:48 AM (EST)
12. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Oh, there is no doubt we're going to see some Heidi/Dave stuff... I'm merely suggesting that the original, unnamed quote from the website *COULD* be someone else. It probably is Dave and Heidi, but I stretched my mind to include other possibilities.

04-01-03, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Still inclined to think this is Dave embarking at Heidi

Maybe, but I can't think what kind of strategy Dave would come up with. He's been a poor strategist to this point. As a man of "integrity" he seems most comfortable employing a very basic, straightforward plan (the men re-unite and take out the women, and in the same order the women would have voted each other off, no less). The Roger boot hit him like a ton of bricks, and he probably feels he can't trust anyone other than Butch right now.

I expect he's at least smart enough to realize he needs immunity this week. But to get anything else going that might save him, he has to completely change his mindset, and think about nuances and change-ups the way Rob and Deena do. I don't know if he has it in him.

Would he tell Heidi that she "owes" him, because he kept her around at Tambaqui? Would Heidi feel that way? I don't really think so. Anyway, any plan with Heidi would have to include Heidi swinging Jenna over, and I'm not inclined to think Jenna would go for it, though it might depend on who they want to target.

But I'm really more disposed to think that the "strategy" element of the Heidi/Dave bonding is Heidi playing up to Dave because she knows he's going to be on the jury. It was Heidi who first observed that "Roger would never vote for a woman". So she has some sort of jury-centric strategy ideas floating around in her head.

04-01-03, 11:11 AM (EST)
14. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Geez, how hard is it to come up with a strategy to schmooze a good-looking babe? Colby sure as hell figured it out, why not Dave? And besides, even if it doesn't work, the fringe benefits are great!

04-01-03, 11:58 AM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Oh I'm sure Dave can come up with a "schmooze" strategy. He did sweet-talk Heidi into voting with the Tambaqui. Although I think his suave-meter took a dip when he told Jenna how much the men talked about her ass.

What I mean is, any strategy he embarks on has to involve more than just schmoozing Heidi. He has to have a concrete plan, and he has to get Heidi to talk other people into coming on board (or he has to schmooze other people himself). It's going to mean turning people who are in a solid voting bloc against being in that bloc.

He's been a fairly trusting soul up to this point. He has to totally regroup and become "devious" as the CBS poll says. He can't trust any of the men other than Butch now, and I don't think Deena or Christy would fall for any sweet-talk. He's really got his work cut out for him to come up with a surefire way to save himself, imo.

04-01-03, 12:06 PM (EST)
16. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
I'm sure Jenna was eating it up that the guys were talking about her derriere... they were paying attention to her, that DAW!!!

Seriously, Dave needs only convince Heidi to convince others to keep him around through one more TC, then one more, etc. He can do this by suggesting (to several folks) targeting Alex instead of himself or Butch.

I don't think Dave is going this week, but that doesn't mean he'll be around for a long time, either. Furthermore, Dave *and* Butch must work a plan to bring others into their fold, or there won't be enough to counteract the present weight that Deena holds.

04-01-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
BR up until last week Dave was in his own little world thinking things were going as is; his big mistake. While I see what you say about how could it be Dave when he hasn't been "strategic" at all, well, he also didn't have to and went on the integrity train.

Last week was the BIGGEST wake up call to Dave, there is just no way IMO that he is going to say, Whoops look what happened, I'll just let fate take over. He'll start thinking how is he going to save his butt. It says that one survivor embarks on a strategic RELATIONSHIP. Dave probably will think how on earth is he gonna get out of this pickle and probably starts "embracing" Heidi b/c she is female, they were on the same tribe and he technically had her back. That IS strategy and the fact they use the word "relationship" just kind of makes me think he is gunning for the male/female chemistry to entice Heidi.

04-01-03, 02:01 PM (EST)
18. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Veruca, I didn't mean that I think Dave will just sit back and pray for immunity. I have no doubt that TC was a wake-up call for him. I'm sure he will try to get something going to save his butt.

I do think if he tries something with Heidi, he will remind her that he promised to save her until the merge, and he did, blah-blah-blah -- once again, he'd be making overtures on an "ethical" basis. But embarking on a relationship with Heidi isn't going to save him by itself, he needs other people too. The only person he can still trust is Butch and that's not enough.

Heidi, on the other hand, can embark on a "strategic" relationship with Dave, knowing that he is going to get kicked onto the jury very soon. No one else has to enter the picture in a "make-nice-with-the-juror" strategy.

jkokoj 4389 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-01-03, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jkokoj Click to send private message to jkokoj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
Exciting week coming up guys!

Think about things for a minute. I bet Alex and Rob are gloating all the way back to camp as well as Deena. Butch and Dave are stunned and feel betrayed. Stand up Dave is not going to put up with the gloating BS from Rob. I bet this is where Rob really starts rubbing people the wrong way.

I still believe there is a secret alliance between Dave/Heidi/Jenna. Dave is gonna be safe this week. On the block Alex, Rob & Deena. Deena will stay true to Rob and axe Alex.

Barenaked Ladiesfan 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-01-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to send private message to Barenaked%20Ladiesfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: CBS Eyemail"
I say look out for Heidiho, she and Jenna both are not to be trusted. If Dave thinks his goofy rocket-tard act is going to score him another peek at those rocks in Heidi's socks, she will let him think it, right over the edge and onto the jury. and if she and Jenna were really smart, they would start throwing Rob a little play (although the dating game was enough to keep him spanking it for a while) to help secure his jury vote.

No, as much as I hate to A) agree with CO's assessment, and B) admit it, I think at least one of the GGW gals are going to the F4 and beyond. This is definitely the most hormone-laden Survivor ever, and thank MB for finally getting some somewhat interesting people in the same show together.

As soon as Martha Stewart.. Er, uh, Deena decides to take a look around to survey her kingdom, she will realize that most of her recon data has come from a guy (Rob) who would sell her and the alliance down the river if Heidi accidentally brushed his groin in her sleep, and she and Rob are in a quickly diminishing minority of people who do not claim to be models of any sort.

And just for the record: I personally feel Jenna is a bit homely to be a swimsuit model.

Well, on to week 8: Will Heidiho give Dave a HJ in the lean-to? Will Rob start growing hair on his palms? Will Deena teach Christy the value of having a double-jointed Gene Simmons Tongue? And finally, will Butch have to talk Matteo down off the roof of the shelter, or will he just organize the Jacare bake sale?

These answers and more, on the next.......Survivor.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •