The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-02, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
This is purely my own speculation on how the race will end, based on my observations of the teams, the editing of the episodes, and the past two races.

It suddenly came to me... the end results for this race appear crystal clear.

Derek and Drew will finish the race first and win. This will, of course, be a big surprise to the audience who still remembers how badly they performed in the first episode. Since their numerous blunders through Mexico City, they have flown under the radar and have received little special notice. They've done well, but never been spotlighted (like Rob and Brennan). Who would have predicted the "dumb" models would win?

Flo and Zach will finish second. This is the big "relationship" that the producers can showcase. Will they or won't they? Think Frank and Margarita. Their relationship went up and down during the course of the race, from "I'm going to punch you in the head" to "I'm in love with him now more than ever" to their near-meltdown in China to an eventual reconciliation. Same with Flo and Zach. Zach was "marriage material", now Flo's being crabby, and so on. This up-and-down cycle will continue through the rest of the race until they decide that each one is perfect for the other. "Derek and Drew may have won a million bucks, but what we've won is even better" and so on.

Teri and Ian will finish third. Ian is the "villain", and they will make it to the final leg, but will certainly not win. The audience will be rooting against them, just like with Wil and Tara, and Team Guido.

Fourth place: Ken and Gerard. This is the "favorite team", the team the audience all loves. Oswald and Danny, Drew and Kevin. They're the comic relief. Unfortunately, Teri and Ian will eke out a victory in the final elimination leg sending America's favorite team out of the race and giving the audience even more reason to root against them.

Fifth place: Aaron and Arianne. Their self-contained BS will finally be quashed. Their petty nonsense makes them minor villains. See Gary and Dave. The audience doesn't like them, but they are not THE villains. That role goes to Ian and Teri. But we will get to see them irritate each other and the other teams long enough to finish fifth.

As for sixth and seventh, it's a toss-up between André/Damon and John Vito/Jill. It doesn't really matter who goes first and who goes second. John Vito and Jill entered the race with a strong relationship and will leave with one. And Jill will finally have had the chance to compete. Their elimination will be sentimental. As for André and Damon, they have underperformed the whole race, and have been merely minor characters. Their elimination will not be a big deal.

#6 and #7 - André/Damon and/or John Vito/Jill
#5 - Aaron/Arianne
#4 - Ken/Gerard
#3 - Teri/Ian
#2 - Flo/Zach
#1 - Derek/Drew

I'm really looking forward to seeing if this plays out as I've predicted.

Chris

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 intense, stress and angry but don't... skykissme 11-01-02 1
   RE: intense, stress and angry but d... Esbea 11-01-02 2
   RE: intense, stress and angry but d... SeaVisionBurma 11-01-02 3
 RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... SeaVisionBurma 11-01-02 4
 RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... Esbea 11-01-02 5
 RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... FesterFan1 11-01-02 6
 Twins Winners? trigirl 11-02-02 7
   RE: Twins Winners? Goober 11-02-02 8
 Regarding physical challanges... Skilinopia 11-02-02 9
 RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... katem 11-03-02 10
   RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... cmaybur 11-03-02 11
       RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... Serendipity 11-03-02 12
       RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... munson 11-03-02 13
           RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... cmaybur 11-03-02 14
               RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem C... munson 11-03-02 15
 Some more rumors Goober 11-04-02 16
   RE: Some more rumors Esbea 11-05-02 17
       RE: Some more rumors munson 11-06-02 18
   RE: Some more rumors TeamJoisey 11-13-02 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skykissme 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 02:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail skykissme Click to send private message to skykissme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "intense, stress and angry but don't blame the language and country"
My message may not relate much to the previous message...

I know they are on a race and do will do anything to win, and lots of tension, intense, angry, stress but don't blame the country and the language. I guess they are lucky that the people can't really understand what they say, otherwise who knows what's to happen to them. Insulting the locals' country and their language. What they seem to forget is that they are a visitor.
Especially, they are in Thailand, Thai people are so proud of being Thai as they have never been colonized by any couuntries. And I guess Kingdom of Thailand is only country in asia that has her own spoken and written language.
They are rich but they're powerful when they come together.
I think that's all I want to say. If you don't agree with me, do say so. But really think in the same way, if someone who don't know about your country and your language you are very proud of... then he/she says something bad about it. What do you feel?

cheers

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-02, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: intense, stress and angry but don't blame the language and country"
LAST EDITED ON 11-01-02 AT 10:52 AM (EST)

HUH?

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-02, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: intense, stress and angry but don't blame the language and country"
>My message may not relate much
>to the previous message...

got that right.....

SeaVisionBurma 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-01-02, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SeaVisionBurma Click to send private message to SeaVisionBurma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Err, I might steer this back cmayburs way now

Nice Spec, Chris. You kind of got whammied in your first reply though!!

Purely out of personal wishes, I would rather see Gerkhin finish in top 3 though - I'm not sure Ian and Teri have what it takes to do the final N/E legs if they're up against the young fit things who would still be bouncing from country to country.
I think they'll have served out their storyline by then.

I'd like to see the final 3 being the continued "Band of Brothers" alliance going neck-and-neck aganst one of their rival teams - only to have the final leg pitting one brother team against the other.

After they've come this far together, it would be kind of an interesting twist - don't ya think???

gotta get me a sig pic...

"You can't have everything......Where would you put it??" STEVEN WRIGHT

11-01-02, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Pretty accurate Chris, and I agree for the most part, except that I would trade JVJ and The Twins finish. Partly because I dont want to see The twins win, partly cause I dont think they have it in them, and partly because I reallyreally like JVJ the more I see them. They are also being shown as the teamwithoutconflict, they dont get a LOT of camera time, and some people see them as boring...sounds like the last two winning teams to me!

FesterFan1 5947 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-02, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FesterFan1 Click to send private message to FesterFan1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
It does seem to have some parallels, doesn't it? I like the spec, but would substitute JV/J for F/Z. I really think that they are MUCH better racers, and they seemingly have no fear. They remind me a lot of Blake/Paige (only their PDA is acceptable).

F/Z's downfall, IMO, will be when they have to face another thing that Flo is afraid of. They seem a lot more like Lenny/Karyn than Tara/Wil. I just think Flo doesn't have the tenacity required to go all the way. Zach doesn't push her either. He just sits back and lets her whine.

I do think the Twins have an excellent shot at winning the whole thing. Andre/Damon will go down in flames. As will Aaron/Arianne. Ken/Gerard will hang around, but will be done in the same way Kevin/Drew and Danny/Oswald were. Eventually they will hit a challenge where they are physically outmatched.

Teri/Ian really remind me of Tara/Wil. The only difference being that Tara/Wil were actually good racers, whereas Teri/Ian have gotten by the past 3 episodes because other teams were even more incredibly stupid than they were. My guess is they will finally be the last team to arrive...in a non-elim leg (a la each of the Final 3 teams last season). It wouldn't surprise me in the least if they manage to Mr. Magoo their way into the final episode.

So to sum up: A/A, A/D, and F/Z are the next 3 teams eliminated; then K/G, setting up a race to the finish between T/I, JV/J, and D/D. I like T/I to finish third, and am undecided (but rooting for JV/J) about who wins.

Fester

trigirl 2851 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-02-02, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Twins Winners?"
Chris,

I haven't wanted to admit it, but I think that you are right that the twins will be the eventual winners. They have been edited in such a way that they 'appear' to be underdogs and have the audience rooting for them. Why else did we continually hear about the 'Get the Twins' alliance. CBS probably does (did) not want another all-young-male team to win, but if they can spin it differently that the previous races, the audience might not reject it.

I really, really hope you are wrong about Flozach and Pig-man. I do not like these teams at all!!!

Go Gherkins!
Go JvJ!

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings

11-02-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Twins Winners?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-02-02 AT 10:47 PM (EST)

Edited because I had been mistaken abt certain supposed "clues".
My pick for the top three would be Ken and Gerard, Derek and Drew and Ian and Teri in that order.

It might be a long shot, but there were instances of what Phil and Andrew said in their interviews that makes me think the twins will make the top three:

-excerpt from Phil's interview on p.3 of this board

Naturally, Keoghan isn't saying who did well and who was eliminated early, but in general, he says teams that are open with one another tend to last longer.

"Ultimately, whether they're yelling and screaming at each other or having a great time, it comes down to teams that communicate," he says. "Tara and Will were dysfunctional, but they were communicating, and nothing was left unsaid."

A. We know now Phil's definitely refering to Ian and Teri and perhaps Flo & Zach.
B. It applies to Ken and Gerard Derek and most certainly Derek and Drew as well. Rewind to Ken's and Gerard's speech on the special ability of twins to communicate (Phil's hand in editing?)

Also in one of Andrew's interview , he says he could understand the other teams' jealousy of the twins and he himself would have felt resentful as well but for the fact that they were really nice and sincere so it was alright with him.

Excerpt:
(Q)I have to say that a lot of the younger teams are consumed with beating the twins -- Derek and Drew -- and they are mean and nasty about it. It's not like Derek and Drew have done anything but be solid competitors. What did you think of them? Is there any reason for some of the other teams to dislike them so much?

(A)My dad and I both loved Derek and Drew. We thought they were so nice. They were the coolest guys. We were on the 24-hour bus ride with them sitting right behind them.

(Q)Do you think the other teams were jealous of them?

(A)Yeah, I think so. I guess I really got to know Derek and Drew on a personal level, just hanging out, and I think they're great. You're right: It comes from a lot of jealousy. They're attractive. They're physically fit, and not only that, but the winners of the past two have been two 20-something or 30-something males. So everyone was determined not to let that happen again on "The Amazing Race 3." It didn't bother me. I was like, "Let the best man win." If they were jerks, or they were conceited, I may have felt differently. But they weren't. They were extremely nice guys.

Since the twinhunt was initiated by the middle pack and DnA mostly did their own thing, why would Andrew (in post-race frame of mind) talk of "feeling differently" towards Models Inc when they had always sat well with him before-- unless it was abt coming to terms with Derek and Drew who came with the looks and maybe left with the prize money.

Skilinopia 108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Skilinopia Click to send private message to Skilinopia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Regarding physical challanges..."
Bearing in mind that the last few legs of the race would span accross Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam and Hawaii before heading back to the US...unlike NewZealand, Australia and Alaska in the Amazing Race 2 and Thailand in the Amazing Race 1, there should be hardly be any much physical straining activities. For Malaysia/Singaproe leg of the race, I doubt there is really anything big to climb, wide to swim etc. In fact, I would think that the leg of the race that would make or break the teams would be in Vietnam. Although some of the older Vietnamese can speak French, the younger ones mainly speak Vietnamese and hardly any English. As a result, the only teams that would be able to handle the pressure of being in a foreign land that is complex and culturally difficult would be Frat Brothers 2, JvJ and Guns and Hoses. Unless the twins are still sticking close to the Frat Brothers 2, they could meet their demise in Vietnam. Even more so considering that a smart team would go for the fastforwarded in Vietnam, considering the possibility of difficult challanges and the chance to surge forward for the last leg of the race hopefully while the rest struggles. I think after 2 previously physical races, at the end, this time it could be a mental one.

katem 3315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-03-02, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail katem Click to send private message to katem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Great thread Chris.

I have to agree on the Twinbots. They are being edited EXACTLY like Rob and Brennan. They are always nice and polite and have other team(s) gunning for them.

In TAR 1, Frank disliked them both very much. And who did the R&B beat, that's right Frank.

Here, the Twinbots, have learned how to play the game and are now on a roll.

I do have to disagree with you, and agree with Fester. Flo and Zach, have no chance for the final three, she will torpedo their chances. JV&J are playing very smart, staying away from all the garbage and just racing. They appear to REALLY get along, just like the two sets of brothers.

My picks for the final three are the two sets of brothers (Ken and Gerard are playing better than the Festers or D&O) and JV&J.

I have accepted that our fate will be to have Ian along until the last elimination round. Oh well.

Keep the speculation coming kids, we are reaching that part of the season

(c) 2002 GeorgiaBelle Creations, Inc. All rights reserved

11-03-02, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-02 AT 04:16 PM (EST)

I have to disagree here on a few points. No big deal since this is all speculation anyway. It's not like I've got a crystal ball or an inside connection. This is just my gut feeling on how things will play out.

I strongly believe that Flo/Zach will wind up in the final three. The producers need to give the audience a couple with a "storyline" that will play out over the course of the race and end with a satisfactory resolution. Frank/Margarita who mended their relationship, and Wil/Tara who concluded that they were better off separated yet still friends. Flo/Zach are the only couple to produce any sort of storyline. They may seem rocky, but they have done well in every leg so far (except maybe this last one). Around Episode 7 or 8, we will start to see Flo warming up to Zach and a possible relationship. This up-and-down will continue until the end when they finish second.

John Vito/Jill have no such "storyline". They entered the race strong, have remained strong, and will exit strong. Just like Russell/Cyndi and, to a much lesser extent, Paul/Amie. If John Vito/Jill were to remain in the race until the end, we would be seeing something more out of them.

If John Vito/Jill (I call them "Jack and Jill" ) were destined to win the race, than that could explain their lack of spotlight, but since I am convinced that Derek/Drew will win, process of elimination means that John Vito/Jill have to go. I firmly believe they will be gone within the next two episodes (along with André/Damon).

Plus, we have that rumor that was posted here a little while ago by someone who was supposedly on a flight from Asia to the U.S. with Flo/Zach and Teri/Ian. Now, most people dismissed that as false since there was no way that Teri/Ian were going to last until Asia. At this point, I believe it is very clear that they will last to the end, so I took another look at that rumor. Having Flo/Zach on that same flight would make sense if they were to be the #2 team. I didn't base my speculation on that rumor, but as back-up evidence to explain the conclusions I'd already reached. Plus, if I remember correctly, the destination for that flight was given as Seattle. Seattle, the Gateway to Alaska. I'm willing to bet that the final three teams will head to Alaska in the final leg.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-03-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Cannot buy that they will go to Alaska for a third time.

munson 1314 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-03-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Chris, I'm amazed how similiar our projected outcomes are except I have Teri/Ian in fifth, AA in third.

Unlike Survivor, the editting on TAR has always been much more straight forward. Thinking back to last year, I was convinced that Blaige, Chex and Will/Tara would be the final three around E4 or 5. Here we are in TAR3 and it's deja vu all over again.

At this point, the editting has clearly indicated the final five and it does not include JVJ or Andre/Damon. Personally, I adore JVJ. This is the one team I am rooting for and I only pick one team per race. What's not to like about this couple? And their back story? Fugetaboutit! If any team should be the stars of the show and have the GP rooting for them, it is this couple. And why aren't they the stars, or even getting much attention? Because they go in E6.

Same for Andre/Damon. Cop and Firefighter? The new American Heroes? Why are they not stars? Out too soon.

The way I see it, Twins in first, Flozac in second, AA in third.

11-03-02, 09:14 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Aaron and Arianne are only minor irritants compared to Ian and Teri. They remind me a lot of Gary and Dave. The audience dislikes them, but they absolutely hate Ian and Teri (mostly Ian, Teri's just along for the ride). The true villains are in it for the long haul. If Aaron and Arianne were destined for the final three, they would be edited ten times worse than they are right now.

Chris

"Ten countries, four continents, forty-six thousand miles... Derek and Drew, you are the winners of The Amazing Race."

11-03-02, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail munson Click to send private message to munson Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Speculation: AR3 Results Seem Clear"
Actually, I find Ian annoying and distasteful while I just feel sorry for Teri. I see this team as more of the Momily of this race. Emily was none too patient with Nancy, either. In fact, Ems uttered my favorite line in TAR1. When Nancy complained of the smell in India, Emily told her to "stop breathing!" Nice, kid. Real nice. It's a sentimaent that I'm sure Ian would appreciate.

I'm surprised T&I are still in the race. I think they are the overachievers, not the villians, this time around.

My true disgust is directed entirely at AA. My hate for them rivals the depths of my hate for the Guidos.

I guess we'll see how it plays out. I'd be surprised only if JVJ or Andre/Damon make the final 5.

Goober 209 desperate attention whore postings

11-04-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Goober Click to send private message to Goober Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Some more rumors"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

"A friend told me that she had chatted with this woman who told her details about upcoming episodes such as which team would go for the FF, what the Road Block is going to be, etc... The woman's "spoilers" turned out right. Then, she also told which teams would be in the final 3. They were Flo/Zach, Teri/Ian and Ken/Gerard. The woman said that she had connections with CBS that's why she knew.

Anyway, if this woman is not full of crap, then this would back up the Teri/Ian and Flo/Zach sighting. Ken/Gerard however, might either be already ahead of them, or are lagging behind. I'm wishing the former...

-Hashpipe from the 2p board.

Go Ken and Gerard!!

11-05-02, 09:14 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Some more rumors"
wow...I would love to seen Ken and Gerard win! and even moreso because it would be very different from what we've all been speculating. OK, still its the two white guys winning, but how many of us rooted for the Festers? K&G are so NOT Esquire or Chex. If we gotta have the same "team mix" win agian, Id be really happy with this one winning!

11-06-02, 10:30 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Some more rumors"
Somethin' against white guys?

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-13-02, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Some more rumors"

I'll add to this by saying I've had the same conversations with the same woman, and she is extremely credible. Her source is apparently someone inside the CBS editing room. Her final three are IT, Flozac and Ken and Gerard. She has not been told who wins.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •