The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-31-02, 10:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
I've been re-watching Episode 5, and caught a bit where the camera inside the SUV with André and Damon focused in on the speedometer, showing them driving 120 km/hour. What is this in miles/hour? What is the speed limit on those Spanish highways?

The reason I ask is I found it a little odd that they would bother to show a close-up of the speedometer, but also immediately afterward, we had a clip of John Vito telling Jill to slow down. "We're not in Portugal any more, you can't drive like a race car driver" or something to that effect, implying that there was some rule they had about driving in Spain.

Do you think André/Damon will receive another penalty at the start of the next leg? If they're separated a little from Ken/Gerard and Derek/Drew, that might be able to shake them off the brothers' trail. I really think it will either be André/Damon or John Vito/Jill who gets eliminated next, and the leg will be totally self-contained in Morocco. If André/Damon leave at the same time as Ken/Gerard and Derek/Drew, I can see them leeching onto them again like parasites and finishing in the top tier. If they receive a penalty and leave later, than their cluelessness about navigating and such may just finally do them in.

Chris

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Were André/Damon speeding throu... Serendipity 10-31-02 1
 RE: Were André/Damon speeding throu... Esbea 11-01-02 2
   RE: Were André/Damon speeding throu... cmaybur 11-01-02 3
       RE: Were André/Damon speeding throu... Esbea 11-01-02 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Serendipity 525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-31-02, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Serendipity Click to send private message to Serendipity Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
I think 120 kph equals about 75 mph. If this was either a freeway or toll road they probably weren't speeding.

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-02, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
120km is the standard speed limit on the highways in Spain. When my mother visited, she about had a heart attack when she saw a sign that reduced the speed to 100...she thought it meant 100MPH!!! Im gonna watch the tape again, just for my own satisfaction, to see if DIESEL ONLY is printed on the instrumentation (since you said they show the panel). If it IS there....it makes the fuel error totally unforgivable!

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

cmaybur 259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-01-02, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cmaybur Click to send private message to cmaybur Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
I don't know about inside the car, but we know it clearly said DIESEL on the inside of the gas cap door. Interesting that the cameraman knew enough to focus in on that while Zach or Ian was filling up with unleaded.

Also, did anyone wonder when Aaron said something like "she needs a nice tank of unleaded" or something to that effect. Why "unleaded" and not "gas"?

Chris

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-01-02, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Were André/Damon speeding through Spain?"
I DID see it on the fuel door, but Mr Bea reminded me that it usually says it on the fuel gauge too..Ill check it out and get back to you

"I prefer the wicked to the foolish. The wicked sometimes rest."

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •