The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

evanakm 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-21-03, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
In S1, there were several scenes of snakes eating rats. We thought that this was just flavor footage, but obviously this was not the case.

But there seems to be a shot of a spider in every episode and in many of the previews, including on the S5 finale, Jiffy's introduction for The Amazon included a bunch of stock shots of animals, the last one being a spider crawling in front of a flame. The women were also shown dealing with spiders crawling around the camp twice. Maybe I just notice this stuff because spiders really freak me out, but I think there has been a shot of a spider in every episode, including just before Tribal Council a couple times.

Much of the editing thus far has portrayed Rob spinning a web involving people from both tribes. In the most recent episode, one of the women, I can't remember which, said that if she was voting for a man, it was between Alex and Matt. This editing sounds an awful lot like that old story about the spider inviting the flies into his parlor.

Now, maybe this is just wishful thinking, because I am a major Rob fan, but I don't think there has ever been so many shots of one animal before, other than the snakes on the first show. Of course, the shots of the women killing the spiders early on might foreshadow one of the women finally catching him and killing his shot at the win, but I definitely think that there are far too many shots of spiders to just be time-filling stock shots.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I have noticed this too. SurvivaBear 03-21-03 1
   RE: I have noticed this too. Rebel Crown 03-22-03 7
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... SurvivinDawg 03-21-03 2
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... erikman 03-21-03 3
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... evanakm 03-21-03 4
       RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... AndrewBC 03-22-03 5
           RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... J Slice 03-22-03 6
           RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... PepeLePew13 03-22-03 8
           RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... SurvivinDawg 03-22-03 10
               RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Spidey 03-22-03 12
                   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... SurvivinDawg 03-22-03 13
                       RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Spidey 03-22-03 14
               RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Draco Malfoy 03-27-03 25
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... dajaki 03-22-03 9
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... AndrewBC 03-22-03 11
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Spidey 03-22-03 15
       RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Loree 03-22-03 16
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... amylynne321 03-22-03 17
       RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... PepeLePew13 03-22-03 18
           RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... SurvivinDawg 03-22-03 19
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... TeamJoisey 03-24-03 20
 Spider bite? djandy 03-24-03 21
   RE: Spider bite? survivorpinoy 03-26-03 22
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... evanakm 03-27-03 23
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... SurvivinDawg 03-27-03 24
 One other point... SurvivinDawg 03-27-03 26
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... lizziegirl 03-27-03 27
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... addictedtoSB 03-27-03 28
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... amylynne321 03-27-03 29
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... DoodleBug 03-27-03 30
   RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... Spidey 03-27-03 31
 RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake a... DoodleBug 03-28-03 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-21-03, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I have noticed this too."
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the last episode include a shot of a spider with a fly caught in her web. I meant to rewind and find out exactly what was happening prior to that shot, but I taped over the episode. Could somebody who taped this episode research this and tell us what was going on?

Beware the Bear! An IceCat Original, © 2002

Rebel Crown 1413 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-22-03, 05:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: I have noticed this too."
SB, I rewatched the episode and it was when Rob was trying to get Matt to vote WITH him now and voting out Dave and Roger when "the merge" occurs.

Rob looks to be set up for being caught in a spider web-with Heidi and Jenna as his downfall. I've noticed a few other animal representations, as well. The spider does pop up with Rob and Heidi; the egret or heron with Jenna and Christy; the crocodile with Deena and Matt; the vulture with Alex and Butch.

Now, in the opening credits, the egret and crocodile were showed right before the cast. Then, as the boat shows up in the first episode, a crocodile is shown watching them arrive. I don't know if this is foreshadowing or not. I wouldn't put it past him; MB *is* evil, after all.

But, with this and other spoilers, I've come to the conclusion, along with most of this board, that Jenna (the egret) and Matt (the crocodile) are the final 2.

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-21-03, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
I sure do like this line of thinking here. But I'm not sure Rob is the one who's portrayed as the web-weaving spider.

It's Jenna and Heidi who want to use their Womanly Powers to ensnare their men... black widows? And Jenna has spoiler info putting her in or near the very end.

Who was it in Episode 1 that didn't like spiders?

Keep up this line of thinking!

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

erikman 324 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-03, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail erikman Click to send private message to erikman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
yeah that new bungler preview started with a spider and a moon.
i see 3 spiders jenna the black widow, matt and dave. they are hunters waiting for pray to come to them.

03-21-03, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail evanakm Click to send private message to evanakm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
It's Jenna and Heidi who want to use their Womanly Powers to ensnare their men... black widows? And Jenna has spoiler info putting her in or near the very end.

Ok, I can see the black widow analogy. I think that Jenna has been all talk up until now, but that's what I said about Brian at this point in the game, and he proved me wrong.

Who was it in Episode 1 that didn't like spiders?

It was either Shawna or Jenna, I can't remember, but either one would support your black widow theory now that Jenna voted against Shawna.

AndrewBC 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-03, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewBC Click to send private message to AndrewBC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
you guys nee dto stop over thinking.... jesus you guys.. a spider is a spider... they look cool and scare alot of people sitting ont he couch watching survivor, get over it

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-03, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
Not to start any flames, but this is a spoiler board. We speculate EVERYTHING. If you want to help add to the discussion, fine, but this page is ALL about speculation... Expect it!

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-03, 06:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
>you guys nee dto stop over thinking.... jesus you guys.. a
>spider is a spider... they look cool and scare alot
>of people sitting ont he couch watching survivor, get over
>it

Andrew... this is so NOT a good way to endear yourself to the group here.

There has been precedence in the past where mixing in shots of nature has foreshadowed something to happen in the game. We had the black widow spider foreshadowing in S2 Australia, for example.

The last two episodes we've seen the sloth shown 2-3 times -- no doubt in reference to Shawna's laziness. See if the sloth gets shown again in future episodes or not, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see one again.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

03-22-03, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-03 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Andrew, as of this writing, I perceive that you have a grand total of FOUR (count them, FOUR) posts.

Therefore, I'm assuming you're fairly novice in the spoiling arena. So before shakestheclown gets here with his flamethrower, let me help you out:

Mark Burnett is well known for putting little shots into the show that have more meaning than we realize at first. For example, in Survivor 2, he showed several scenes of fish flopping on the ground after being caught by Roger. This signified how Ogakor mercilessly pagonged Kucha, that Kucha was about to become an extinct tribe, and the Kuchas could do nothing but flop helplessly like the fish.

The above example of the snake eating the rat in S-1. Means nothing until the final Tribal Council, where one of the jury (Jenna? I forget) gives Kelly both barrels, calling her a rat, Dicque a snake, and "it's time to let the snake eat the rat". So let it be written, so let it be done: Richard won 4-3.

It is also believed that the 6-pointed sun (as the camera showed it) showing up right around Ethan was indicative that he'd win. Ethan is Jewish, and the sun looked like a Star of David, etc.

Therefore, the frequent spider pictures we are seeing in S-6 are not just coincidence, and a spider is NOT just a spider when Mark Burnett shows it.

Hope this helps.

Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-03, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
The above example of the snake eating the rat in S-1. Means nothing until the final Tribal Council, where one of the jury (Jenna? I forget) gives Kelly both barrels, calling her a rat, Dicque a snake, and "it's time to let the snake eat the rat".

Whaaaat??? You don't remeber this was the infamous bitter Sue Hawk? How could anyone forget?

Oh, and while I am at it, I do beleive there is a ZTP on these boards. I certainly hope this thread wasn't meant as a personal attack!

Thinks spiders are super cool and it thrilled it could be S6's famed animal!

03-22-03, 05:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
I didn't see S-1, so I didn't remember who made the speech.

As to "personal attack"... geeezz! I thought I made it perfectly clear that I was trying to be helpful, and I'm STILL accused of making a personal attack... sheesh!

03-22-03, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spidey Click to send private message to Spidey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
You silly Dawg! I was referring to the thread as a whole, in jest. Didn't you see my winky-face?

Always loves me some Dawg! Always interesting, never bland!!!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
>It is also believed that the
>6-pointed sun (as the camera
>showed it) showing up right
>around Ethan was indicative that
>he'd win. Ethan is
>Jewish, and the sun looked
>like a Star of David,
>etc.

I also remember similar "follow the star" editing with Brian last season. I've been watching for it this season, but can't discern a pattern, although the "star" has made several appearances.

Honestly, if you were moving any slower, you'd be going backwards.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-22-03, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-03 AT 08:17 AM (EST)

There are a lot of Amazon flora and fauna that I'm surprised MB hasn't used yet.

The rafflesia: the largest blossom on earth, parasitic, ground growing, has a carnivorous central void that attracts insects by smelling like rotten meat. Perfect for __________.

Even though it's part of the logo, we've seen limited use of the anaconda: large serpent, constricts its prey and swallows it whole. Perfect for ___________.

Titi monkey: small, diurnal monkey with a distinctive loud call, can be heard throughout the forest. Perfect for ____________.

Armadillo: rodent, covered with hard shell, has claws for digging, poor eyesight. Perfect for __________________.

AndrewBC 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-22-03, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AndrewBC Click to send private message to AndrewBC Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
wow sorry.... thats some cool editing, i understand now...

03-22-03, 05:09 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
Ooh, ooh! Can I play?

>The rafflesia: the largest blossom on
>earth, parasitic, ground growing, has
>a carnivorous central void that
>attracts insects by smelling like
>rotten meat. Perfect for
>__________. Roger? Didn't someone say he stunk to high heavens? I would say Heidi (largest blossoms), but see below.
>
>Even though it's part of the
>logo, we've seen limited use
>of the anaconda: large serpent,
>constricts its prey and swallows
>it whole. Perfect for
>___________. Jenna, because of her ability to enchant the men.
>
>Titi monkey: small, diurnal monkey with
>a distinctive loud call, can
>be heard throughout the forest.
> Perfect for ____________. JoAnna, no doubt!
>
>Armadillo: rodent, covered with hard shell,
>has claws for digging, poor
>eyesight. Perfect for __________________. Heidi
>

What do I win???

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-03, 06:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"

>>__________. Roger? Didn't someone say he stunk to high heavens?
>>

Daniel said that Roger smelled liked vinegar all the time.

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-22-03, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amylynne321 Click to send private message to amylynne321 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
>it whole. Perfect for
>___________.

Great post!! I'm fairly certain that an anaconda has been shown (at least 3 times that I can think of...), and it is always been shown right before we see...MATT!!

Now this is disconcerting to me for three reasons:
a- Matt gives me the creeps!!!
Second- Since the anaconda is in the logo, and the anaconda is the "King of the Amazon" it might be pointing to the winner, and
3- Matt gives me the creeps!!!!

Anybody else noticed this?

PepeLePew13 26134 desperate attention whore postings

03-22-03, 08:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"

>Great post!! I'm fairly certain that an anaconda has been
>shown (at least 3 times that I can think of...),
>and it is always been shown right before we see...MATT!!

>Second- Since the anaconda is in the logo, and the anaconda
>is the "King of the Amazon" it might be pointing
>to the winner,

Oooo add another notch to my earlier prediction that Matthew is the winner of S6. I believe I was the first to come up with the theory that Matthew wins (and why)... be interesting to see how it all plays out. FWIW, Matthew is also the King of Piranhas, apparently.

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

03-22-03, 09:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
If Jenna and Matt are the Final Two, as some have spoilingly suggested, then it's Black Widow Spider vs. Anaconda.

TeamJoisey 3558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-24-03, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TeamJoisey Click to send private message to TeamJoisey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-22-03
>AT 08:17 AM (EST)

>
>There are a lot of Amazon
>flora and fauna that I'm
>surprised MB hasn't used yet.
>
>
>The rafflesia: the largest blossom on
>earth, parasitic, ground growing, has
>a carnivorous central void that
>attracts insects by smelling like
>rotten meat. Perfect for
>______our little swimsuit model, the sweetest flower and a mankiller____.
>
>it whole. Perfect for
>____the domineering Roger_______.
>
>Titi monkey: small, diurnal monkey with
>a distinctive loud call, can
>be heard throughout the forest.
> Perfect for ______distinctively loud Rob______.
>
>Armadillo: rodent, covered with hard shell,
>has claws for digging, poor
>eyesight. Perfect for _______Matthew, whose entire head seems to be a bizarre exoskeleton, and who might prevail by just digging in. ___________.
>

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

03-24-03, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Spider bite?"
This is pure speculation, but what if Deena is bitten by a spider, which causes her to be in pain and go early jury like yurisympaticos says? (see post below) I know, I know, a spider is not an insect, but it could have gotten lost in the translation and would fit nicely with all the spider shots. Any thoughts?

original post:

yurisympaticos
(3/2/03 8:23:59 am)
Reply Friend of Deena
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, I am a friend of one of Deena's closest friends. I was talking to her (the friend, not Deena) last night and she told me that Deena had told her some of the things that went on down there. For one, Deena eventually gets bitten by some sort of dnagerous insect that put her through a lot of pain during the end of her game. She made the jury, but did not last very long in the end game. Eventually, she becomes close to Christy, who Deena says was a replacement in her gameplan when another member rubbed her the wrong way. Deena says she thinks she played the best game out there, and was always thinking of different strategies and such. She said she really loved the politics of the game.
As for me, Ive never met Deena, but my friend is very reliable and I don't doubt her at all.
-----------------------

survivorpinoy 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-03, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorpinoy Click to send private message to survivorpinoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Spider bite?"
this makes sense. Preview for Episode 8 says "An eighth person is ousted". deena might be "ousted" (not voted off) bec of the spider bite.

The spider might even be the enemy referred to in "Sleeping with the enemy".

"Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans!"

03-27-03, 00:31 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
After tonight's episode (E7) I am absolutely convinced that the spiders must have some sort of symbolic meaning. We saw not one, not two, but three shots of spiders, including shots right before and after the very first thing we saw: the Jaburus talking about post-merge strategy.

There are always a few shots of bugs and spiders on every season, but there are so many spiders seen here that it is almost as if MB wants us to notice that something is up.

But I don't think it symbolizes Rob's web or the "cute"-girls' black widow strategy anymore. I think the spiders represent Deena, who is doing both. Deena's "alpha female" attitude and her alliances that span the whole new tribe would go perfectly with the spider imagery.

So, as of right now, I'm picking Deena to go all the way, which I would really have no problem with seeing.

03-27-03, 06:18 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
Maybe because I was sensitized to it, but I also noticed the MANY spider shots (only 3? surely there were more...) and I think it has much more than casual meaning.

But I don't know if Deena is the one being referred to. I don't think it's Rob, either. I do think it's some kind of "come into my parlor" thing, but we don't have data yet to tell who it might be. Could be Jenna who we are not seeing very much of these days! (well, while her clothes are on, anyway)...

03-27-03, 08:01 AM (EST)
26. "One other point..."
Let me add one other point to all this:

EPMarkBurnett just loves to put in these things where the meaning will not be known until it's after-the-fact... too late to use as spoiler material.

Example 1: The Snake-And-Rat example of S-1. Until the very final TC, when the infamous speech was made, you'd never understand the significance of the Snake and the Rat.

Example 2: Gervase-X. The infamous picture supposedly of the S-1 Final Four, which MB proudly admitted faking and leaking. He said that the "clue" was that the two people replaced in the pic were the Final Two in S-1... yeah, and like we'd realize THAT before the end, if ever...

Y'all might can come up with other examples, but my point is that at some time in the future, a comment will be made linking a player to the spider. Maybe Jenna will be called a "black widow"... maybe Rob or Deena will be accused of "spinning a web", etc. That comment might not happen until the end.

But it's good that the spider imagery has been noted, since we might can get something out of it.

lizziegirl 41 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail lizziegirl Click to send private message to lizziegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
Speaking of animal symbols, has anyone noticed all the shots of birds in the intro? There is an eagle grabbing a fish out of the water, there is a stork like bird actually swallowing something from the water. There is a stork-like bird running with it's wings spread wide open?

Tambaqui was fish, Jabaru was bird. Do you think that gives us a hint that the ultimate may be a Jabaru?

addictedtoSB 46 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail addictedtoSB Click to send private message to addictedtoSB Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-03 AT 01:27 PM (EST)

I was watching for spiders, they were shown at least 3 times, but never really in a pattern I could recognize. Unlike the monkey which seems to appear right before or after shots of Rob. Lots of birds, alligators and what is that ugly-seal-looking-weasley-thing they keep showing?

edited to add
We finally saw the jaguar we heard had been captured on film. But it seemed to be unrelated to anything before or after. Merely there for shock and surprise.

"Permanent good can never be the outcome of untruth and violence." Mahatma Gandhi

amylynne321 30 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail amylynne321 Click to send private message to amylynne321 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
...and what is that ugly-seal-looking-weasley-thing they keep showing?

It's an otter. Otter's are cute. (Definately not shown in relation to Heidi- that we can be certain of.)

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-03, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
In addition to the spiders (which by the way I was really looking for last night), I saw an alligator pictured after Matt, I saw Tucans fighting before we saw the merged tribe fighting with Roger. I, too, noticed monkeys pictured with Rob. Could be in reference to "monkeying around" as a whole tribe (not just one member). I think MB shows these animals as a parallel to the actions of the tribe members.

But the spider, there are a lot of possible meanings. Deena usually shows up - not Jenna. However another ne that comes to mind....

What a tangled web you weave, Mr. Cesternino.

03-27-03, 05:52 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
THh opening scene last light showed a big ole tarantula, followed by Jaburu coming home from TC, JENNA in the lead. The spider was clearly followed by Jenna this time. But I could see Deena and Jenna both getting the black widow treatment. Fits the whole BOS theme.

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-03, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Spiders - Equivalent of Snake and Rat?"
LAST EDITED ON 03-28-03 AT 01:57 PM (EST)

This isn't about Spiders, but I wasn't sure if my comment is "new thread" worthy.. and it kind of goes along with this thread... so here goes...

The new tribe name is Jacar (sp?) which is Portugese for Alligator, right? Which surivor usually shows up when an alligator is pictured? Is this "Jacar" the winner of S6? I think it is usually Matt, right?

Just a random thought... feel free to blow it away.

(edited for spelling)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •